The Land of Dreams Book 2 (Ya...

Od FreeFlyer68

It's been four years since Bruno and Y/n defeated Ji-Young and everything is at peace. Y/n is a college stude... Více

A New Life
Leaving Evergreen
A Summer Home
Embracing the Feelings
First Date Together Pt. 1
A Little Rain Pt. 2
A Bad Dream
Calling Maria
Bruno's Work
A New Figure
In Memory of. . .
A Fever and a Fear
A Red Rose From A Purple Rose
One out of a Million
Saying Goodbye
Meeting Again
A Red and Blue Test
Hello, Number Ten
Making a Plan
A Moment of Love
A Promise
A Little Stuck
The Start of the End
Back to the Present
Here We Go
The Right to Life
To Rest

Until Death do us Part

220 9 0
Od FreeFlyer68

   " Alright, I'm going to work. I'm going to fill out those transfer papers today, and start sorting everything out in my office to pack up. " Bruno said, entering the kitchen.

   " What if you're called for a case and you need something you've put away already? " You asked, cleaning the last dish in the sink.

   " Then I'll get it, but I doubt that we have a case soon. Unless it's one of those unknown deaths. Even then I would just need paper and pencil to keep track of it. I need to go through my files too and pull out what I can't take with me. "

   " What you can't take with you? "

   " Some cases I keep because they become relevant and/or I need to look back at them because the situations look familiar. I can't take them with me and I have to give them to the office here because they are not cases in Evergreen. "

   " I get it. Have a good day then. I'm going to finish up these dishes and call Maria and see how she's doing. And I'll look for apartments or houses in Evergreen that you could own or rent. "

   " You know when I move you could come live with me. Instead of staying in a dorm room and pay to live on campus. Why not come live with me in my home? "

   " Because you'll want me to be your mother and clean the place and make you food. "

   " Not necessarily. " Bruno said, walking up to you and hugging your waist.

   " But because I get to see you every day and hug you like this. "

   " I'm guessing you want me to look for a place to own and not rent then? "

   " If you don't mind. "

   " Fine, fine. I will, now get to work. "

Bruno kissed your cheek and let you go. He bid you goodbye and left the house. You dried your hands and walked towards the bedroom. You grabbed a piece of paper from Bruno's desk and a pencil and started writing a letter that he would see later. Once the letter was finished, you got underneath the sheets of his bed and got comfortable. You shut your eyes and started to drift to sleep. When your consciousness left you, a single tear fell from your eye as you fell asleep.

In the dream world, you looked around to see that you were in a very familiar place. You were at the house again, but it looked like it did the last time you saw it. Rundown and abandoned. You walked up the steps to the house and looked through all the rooms you could reach, but no one was there. When you walked to the backyard, the fountain was drained of any water, preventing you from going to your inner mind, but there was also a forest now stretching behind the house. You walked towards the forest and entered it, but the further you walked in, the darker it got. 

   " Shao! We need to talk! "

There was no response, and you continued walking through the forest. All around you were trees, and there were no animals, and the wind wasn't blowing by to let the leaves fly. Everything was at a standstill.

   " The one time I want to talk to you, and I can't find you. " You mumbled.

You kept walking until you found a clearing. It was a small circular clearing, and Shao Xin was standing in the middle.

   " Finally. We need to talk. "

   " Oh? Do we now? My dear, I'm not in the best of moods at the moment. I advise you to leave. "

   " I want to negotiate. "

   " Hmm, alright. What is your negotiation? " Shao asked, turning towards you.

There was a scowl on his face, and he was glaring at you. His hands were in his pockets, and he didn't move to take them out, making you think he had something inside his pockets. 

   " What would you want in exchange for keeping Bruno alive? I want to get into specifics. "

   " To keep that bastard alive? You're joking. " Shao asked, laughing a bit

Shao walked forward slowly, and he was now towering over you.

   " Right now, I want to kill that bastard and send him to hell for touching what's mine. Oh, my dear, your little scenes the other night and in the morning were enough to enrage me. " He said with his voice getting deeper and deeper.

   " Bruno Tate is gong to die, that is a fact. " He spat.

   " No, he won't. I'm asking you again. I know you want me but we need to get into specifics. I'm willing to negotiate. "

   " You're willing to give yourself up? You are willing to fall into my arms now? Too late dear. I've already got everything set-"

   " I promise! I promise on what ever we negotiate. No loopholes, no streatched truths. A true and real negotiation. "

Shao thought for a moment, and he snapped his fingers. The area started to change, and now you appeared back at the fountain. The only difference was that the moon was shining down on both of you in the sky. The sky was only dark earlier, but the clouds were gone, and the moon was revealed.

   " Alright. Let's talk. "

Shao sat down on the fountain, but you did not attempt to move towards it.

   " What do you want in exchange for leaving Bruno alive? Tell me the specifics, and let's iron this out. "

Shao thought for a moment. He wanted to get his wording right before he spoke.

   " In exchange for Bruno Tate's life. I want you to give me yours. In specifics I want you to remain in the dream world with me. " Shao said, folding his left leg over the other and resting his head in his palm.

   " That's not possible. "

   " Oh? I was under the impression you would give anything for Bruno Tate to live. It seems I was wrong. "

   " No, that's not it. That can't physically or scientifically happen. I go to sleep but I always have to wake up. I can't just stay here. "

   " Oh, but you can. You can. You can. At this point, science has no value in this discussion because scientifically we shouldn't be able to do most of the things that we already have done. So do not speak of science here. Secondly, it's the mind over the body. I'm asking you to remain here with me instead of waking up and going back to reality. I can control that now, but it needs to be said in order to happen. For an example if I wanted to keep you here I would need to make that deal with you in order for it to work. "

   " Why? Aren't you all powerful? "

   " I am but, this is still your mind. I can take control over everything but I can't make you sleep for a thousand years unless you willingly let it happen. So, here's the deal. If you stay here with me for eternity, until your body gives out then I will never lay a hand on Bruno Tate. "

The question never crossed your mind until this point, and you had to ask.

   " What happens when my body does die? What will happen to me here in my subconscious? "

Shao stood up and walked towards you. He circled you and continued speaking.

   " Once your body withers, your brain will start to shut down. Your nervous system will stop working and there will be no fluids going to your brain. Having said that, once your body in real life dies, you'll die here. And since I would never want to leave the love of my life behind, I will die here with you. "

   " But if I stay here until death, I won't be able to eat or drink anything making my death come closer. "

   " You don't think Bruno will take you to the hospital once he sees that you won't wake up? You have little faith. They feed your body in the hospital. They feed you the nutrients you need in a liquid format, so you'll stay alive until your body grows old. So, here is the deal. I will not kill Bruno Tate on the condition that you stay here until death do us part. That is the negotiation. "

Shao held his hand out, waiting for you to take his, sealing the deal and permitting him to keep you here until death. But you didn't raise your hand towards his.

   " No loopholes? "

   " None. "

   " No tricks or sly words? "

   " It's as plain as day. "

   " You won't double cross me? "

   " My dear, this deal is one of a kind. I get to keep my lover by my side for eternity, what more could a dream demon like me want?  Take it or leave it here. I won't offer it again. You've already made your love to Bruno and left him a note preparing for any kind of situation. So, shake my hand already."

You took a deep breath in and let it out, and shook his hand.

   " Deal. "

   " Perfect. "

A purple light traveled around your connected hands, and Shao's purple eyes seemed to grow darker. The strands of purple light exploded, and Shao pulled you towards him. He wrapped his arms around you and held you close.

   " Too bad for all of those billions and billions of people alive. It seems Bruno Tate will be the only one left alive in the world. "

   " What? But you said-" 

   " I said I wouldn't hurt or kill Bruno Tate. However, I never agreed to never killing again. " Shao said, interrupting your sentence.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

16.7K 399 12
Y/N was a well liked girl and was sweet to most people but when she needed to, she'd stand her ground. What happens when Y/N has to deal with obsessi...
160K 4.5K 35
Y/N L/N is a new student. She never expected to make new friends or get closed to somebody. but then she meets 7 boys. All of them becomes friends an...
687K 20.7K 22
[Yandere-Chan X Fem!Reader] (Y/n) has always been popular among other people, even when she wasn't trying. It's a mystery how people were drawn to he...
2.7K 47 27
(Y/N) wakes up in a dark, cold room. And is scared for her life, she would. If the darkness didn't bring her comfort. A man claims to her husband, sh...