Guilty Love

By NightTime_Storiexs

Four years. Four years ago, he left her. And now he's back, showing up at her bookstore, asking for a second... More

1| Runville
2| Home
3| News
4| Reasons
6| Alone
7| Dirty
8| Fire
9| Power
10| Catch
11| Distance
12| Answers
13| Crimson
14| Run
15| Knight
16| Care
17| Promises
18| Shopping
19| Donation
20| Time
21| Stars
22| Love
23| Start
24| Fair
25| Princess
26| Funeral
27| Healing
28| Normal
29| Camera
30| Past
31| Yours
New Book!

5| Lunch

21.9K 744 245
By NightTime_Storiexs

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Lunch

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 5: Lunch (London's POV)

My alarm rang the next morning for work and I turned it off with an irritated groan. I barely slept last night. I tossed and turned and all I could do was think about Ronan. 

Why did he have to come back now? And show up at my store like that? Everything still hurts when I think back to our relationship. And every time I see him, it's like the same wound is sliced open all over again. 

I kept staring at my ceiling when I heard a loud thud. I frowned, looking over to the window. I usually leave it open just an inch at night so the room stays cold but I draw the blinds. It sounded like the thud came from outside. I sat up, patting my hair down as I climbed out of bed. I walked over, grabbing the blinds to pull them open but stopped when I remembered that right across my room was Ronan's. And since he's back, he's probably staying in his old room. I pulled my lips into a thin line and peeked through the blinds. 

He stood at the window, staring down at the ground. I looked down, seeing a cardboard box falling apart and books falling out of it. He walked away, probably going downstairs to pick them up and I took that as a chance to open the blinds. I looked down where he appeared moments later, putting the box back together and placing the books back inside. 

He was clearing up all the things when I saw a photo frame lying face down in the corner. He glanced around once before spotting it and picking it up. He rested his elbow on his knee while he squatted and seemed frustrated. He dusting the shards of glass off the frame before putting it into the box and picking it up. He spun around to leave but stopped abruptly and turned around, looking right at my window as if he had sensed me standing there. 

His eyes met mine and I let out a small gasp, quickly backing away from the window. When I heard his front door close, I rushed to my window and closed it up along with the blinds before shaking my head clear of thoughts and getting ready for the day. I repeated the same routine I do every day, giving my dad his medicine right before I left and then heading to the store. 

Almost every customer that walked in today was staring at me with worry, concern, and pity. I guess everyone finally knows that Ronan is back and that he stopped at my store yesterday. 

When Ronan left town, the news spread like wildfire in our little town. And when I became a wreck after that, it only added fuel to the fire. It made getting over him so much harder, but on the other hand, what made it easier was how he completely cut me off. He changed his number, he never visited either so his parents always visited him instead, and he never asked his parents about me either. 

I remember asking them after they got back from visiting him for the first time. I asked, "Did he ask about me by any chance?" 

His mom had laughed awkwardly and then looked at me with the same kind of pity everybody is looking at me with again and shook her head softly. "He's been a little busy. I'm sure he thinks about you, hun," she added hopefully. 

But I knew better. He would never ask about me. He probably never even thought about me. 

The phone rang and I answered it while checking the time on the computer. It's nearly lunchtime now. "Hello?" I asked. 

"Do you want to come over for lunch? I'm by myself at the clinic," Verena said. 

I took a look around. Lunchtime is a busy hour most days. "Hold on," I mumbled. "Dylan!" 

He walked over, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah?" 

"Um, I'm going to eat lunch with Verena today. So, if you're leaving too, just close up for the hour. We can open back up later, hmm?" 

He nodded, "Sure." 

I turned back to the phone. "I'll be there in a little bit. See you. Bye." 

"Bye." 

I packed up the store, taking my bag with me, and then left, telling Dylan I was leaving. 

I was on my way to the clinic when I passed by the three old ladies. "Hi, London," they all sang in sync. 

"Hi," I smiled softly, adjusting my bag. 

"How are you, honey?" Mrs. Kimberly asked. 

"I'm good," I nodded. 

"Really?" she blurted out. 

Ms. Nora elbowed her and shot her a glare. 

I resisted an eye roll before nodding again. "I'm great. I'm actually headed for lunch, but I'll see you around," I smiled before walking around them. I made it to the clinic about ten minutes later and walked up the staircase and to the entrance before walking in. Verena was sitting in the chair, scrolling through her phone. "Hey," I called out. 

She looked up at me, grinning. "Hey. I ordered some Chinese." 

I walked behind the counter and sat down in the chair she pulled up next to her own and put my bag down. "So, did you get any patients today?" I asked, ripping the box open and grabbing the chopsticks from the bag while she took a pair for herself. 

"Yeah. Mrs. Gabrielle came by with her daughter and then Mr. Hans dropped by for his root canal." 

I stared at her. 

"It was really disgusting," she cringed. "It was all bloody and mushy and—" 

"Eating here," I cut her off, staring at her in disbelief. 

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." 

I sighed, mixing up the noodles. "Anyway, where's your dad?" I questioned. 

"He went home to have lunch with my mom. How's your dad?" she replied. 

"Same old, same old. I'm getting worried. He barely leaves the house." 

She nodded in understanding. "Does Mr. DeLuca still ask him to tag along every weekend on a walk?" 

"Yeah, but Dad always says no. Whatever, let's not talk about it. Anyway, are you—" We both turned to the door when it swung open loudly. 

"Emergency!" Damon yelled. 

Both Verena and I shot out of our chairs, staring down at the little boy who was screaming at the top of his lungs with a bleeding mouth. I blinked, glancing at my noodles. Appetite isn't my fate today. 

"What happened?" Verena gasped, walking around the counter and kneeling down to the kid's level. 

"He lost a wobbly tooth to a soccer ball during practice." 

"Ouch," I mumbled. 

"Um," Damon cleared his throat, looking up at me. "It's not just him." 

The door swung open again and we all turned around as Ronan walked in with a little girl in his arms. She wasn't crying but the tear stains were fresh on her cheek while she bit down on the tissue in her mouth. 

"They got in a fight," Damon shrugged. 

"Um, wow, okay," Verena said quickly. "My dad isn't here but that's okay, I can take care of them. He's bleeding more so we'll treat him first. You can come inside with us," she said to Damon, "and you can wait out here, yeah? I'm sure London will take care of you," she said to Ronan before rushing the little boy into the dentist's office. 

I watched as they left, Damon shooting me an apologetic look over his shoulder before he disappeared. I turned to Ronan slowly and found him already staring at me. "Um, have a seat," I sighed. 

He sat down, putting the little girl in the seat beside his own. 

"Can I spit this out?" she mumbled around the tissue. 

He looked over at me doubtfully. 

"Me?" I pointed at myself. 

He sighed, turning back to the girl. "Just wait a couple of minutes. Does it hurt?" 

She stared at him blankly. "No." 

A loud scream came from inside and she straightened up, grabbing Ronan's arm, fearfully. 

He watched her in amusement. "See. This is why you don't throw footballs at people's faces," he teased. 

"He hit my head!" she whined, kicking her legs around. 

"Hmm, we all saw what happened, you better hope Mr. Wilder doesn't call your parents," Ronan threatened. I suppressed the urge to shake my head. He still loves scaring people when they're already half scared to death. 

She looked and sounded like she would cry any second. "Will he?" 

He smiled, shaking his head before putting an arm around her. "Mr. Wilder won't do that. And if he does, then he's a snitch and you can tell him that, yeah?" 

She nodded. 

He chuckled softly, patting her arm before lifting his eyes to meet mine. He pulled away from the little girl and stood up, making every muscle in my body tense up as he walked over to me. "Hey," he said softly. 

"She won't be too long, just wait a minute more," I said, grabbing the box of noodles and closing it back up as an excuse to not look at him. 

"Ah, that's not what I was going to say." 

I stopped, hesitantly meeting his eyes. "Then what?" 

"Just that... I'm sorry." 

"For what?" 

He paused. "Everything?" 

Verena walked back out with a medical mask and a fresh pair of gloves on. "Yes, Ms. Claire," she sighed. "Come on in." 

Claire hopped off the chair and walked to Verena while the little boy and Damon came out. Claire and the boy glared at each other until Verena kneeled down to check her teeth. 

"You just came by a few days ago to get your tooth pulled out. Back again, are you?" she laughed softly before looking at Ronan. "You want to come in? Or will you, Damon?" 

"I'll be there," Damon said, seating the boy down before walking back over. "You're in trouble, Ms. Claire," Damon scolded her. 

"Snitch," she scoffed. 

He stared at her in disbelief while Verena laughed, taking her inside. Damon shot Ronan a look before following them inside. 

"London." I looked back at him. He seemed to be waiting for an answer. 

"Sorry," I said. 

He blinked in confusion. 

"But sorry isn't good enough." Before he could say anything more, I spoke up again, "You should probably sit with him. He seems scared and it looks like he's in pain." When he didn't move and kept staring at me, I walked around the corner, sitting beside the boy. "What's your name?" I asked, ruffling his hair. 

"Zach," he mumbled around the gauze in his mouth. 

"Zach, I'm London." 

He frowned, "Like the city?" 

I laughed, nodding. "Ah, here." I walked to my bag and took out a lollipop I brought for myself today. "You can have this when your tooth's all okay." 

He grinned. "Thank you." 

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 5

I feel bad for both of them

also how tf did I not realize Hometown Cha Cha Cha was 16 episodes??? I'm almost done and I just now realized I have to wait for THREE MORE WEEKS until the last episode and I'm only at episode 10??!!!

I'm so mad at myself rn wtf 

such a good show tho I think it's my fav k-drama so far I mean Kim Seon Ho is just *heart eyes*

anyways

next chapter: alone

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 4.3K 41
River and Auggie have been best friends since birth. Even though they live hours apart they find time everyday for their friendship. As they grow up...
778K 30.6K 80
I stood with my back to her, shielding her, and my murderous eyes stared down at the poor excuse of a man, promising unimaginable pain if he dared to...
1.1M 32.3K 60
Highest ranking: #1 in Short Story *Rewriting and Editing on hold* It was a race to leave behind her toxic past, the past that demolished her image...
20.1K 1.1K 58
(Book One) Jake Holmes hadn't put much thought into what home meant until Connor Morgan asked him to. He had settled with an idealistic fantasy. A li...