Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... Еще

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
꧁༺𝓗𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓈༻꧂

Chapter 5

2.2K 46 56
Y3llow_8utt3rfly

*Bucky POV*

For the past few day's I couldn't sleep, so I had decided to spend the time in the training arena, it was equipped well enough to preoccupy my time and energy, so I spent half the night punching bags, lifting weights, beating my speed on the treadmill, and practicing some knife techniques.

It strained my body and mind well enough that it exhausted me, but not well enough to hurt, so with a quick pull of my water bottle, I was just about to begin my ninth rep tonight, but I stopped when I saw the new recruit walking in and hid my hand in the hood of my jacket as she preoccupied herself with wrapping her hands in gauze.

When she looked up, our eyes met and I watch her frown become something with discuss and I mirror her image, because whatever she see's, I'm seeing it too.

'I'm using the gym, so go find somewhere else to bother someone', I break the silence and then hear her scoff, 'the only someone that seems to be a bother is you', she says and drops her bag with a thud, '...go away, or leave me alone', she adds and then I watch her ignore me, so I do the same.

________

There was an unfamiliar sound that rose my throat, almost like a growl with my warning, I was shooting her, she was annoying me, everything I did, she needed to do better and did it and the last straw was my knife practicing, she made it look better, her technique was skilled and more mastered and it made mine look like child's play.

'Problem', she says which triumph in her voice and eyes and I scoff, ignore her again and decide to go on the treadmill, if she wanted a challenge, I'll show her one.

No one can beat me on the mill, I beat Steve a week ago, so I was even faster then he was, and it was funny to see him try and beat me, but couldn't and I had something to annoy him about.

'Mmm', I heard her say and move my eyes back to her when I notice she was next to me, 'I've seen old women run faster', she mocks and it rips another growl out of me and I go faster and faster.

In the first few seconds I was on there, I was sailing and couldn't even feel myself run, but then the smell of smoke pulled me out of it and when I looked down, it slowed to a stop and more smoke raised from it.

Fuck.

Tony already hates me, if he finds out I broke his machine, I won't hear the end of it and then will be banned from using the gym in a long while until he learns to forgive me for the past and then for this.

________

When Tony had his temper tantrum and walked out, I sighed and then looked at the agent, 'this is your fault', I said and she scoffs and turns to me, 'Of course you would say that, first off, you shouldn't have challenged me, because look where that got you', she yelled back at me, which was surprising, because till this point, I thought she fell into the quiet type, but I didn't let that deter me.

'I know exactly where it got me, in trouble with you', I said, 'challenge me again, and I kill you', I warn her and the last thing I expect her to do is scoff again and stare at me, dead in the eyes, 'Oh, I dare you to, because not only will we see how far you'll get, I'll bury you so far under, you'll remember it', she bit back and now were in a frenzy of death stares, where one or the other won't back down, I can see it in her eyes, and I hope she can see the same in mine.

'Okay, let's not cause World War Three', Nat breaks the silence and I'm remembering the team is here, but neither of us are breaking the contact until one or the other does first.

'World War Three would be the least of his problems', she says, 'He wouldn't last two seconds until I've killed him', she adds and now it's my turn to scoff, 'two, I can snuff you out with zero point five seconds', I said and her death stare is back.

'Okay, clearly you both don't like each other', Sam says and we both scoff at the same time, 'Despise and hate are better words', we both say in sync and then it falls silent until the room fills with a bang and my eyes rip away to see what it was.

'Idiot', she says and I look back at her, 'looks like you just lost, better luck next time', she adds and I'm just realising she had caused the loud noise, so I give a low growl again which she only dismisses, 'I'm killing her', I mutter when she walks away from me, and the first person to step infront of me is Steve, 'Buck, no', he says, 'leave it alone', he adds and I glare at him and then the agent, if it's a challenge and a fight she wants, then a challenge and a fight she will get.

________

I don't know why she was getting under my skin, no one has ever talked to me the way she does, hell, people even avoid me because of how scary I look, but not her, it's like every time we see each other, we see new thing to hate each other on, so I wasn't about to lose, I can make this last however long I need it to last so she get's the hint, because on thing I never do, is back down from a fight.

*Steve POV*

I sighed when I got back to the lounge and saw the teams head peak up whilst they look over at me, 'don't ask', I said and watch them all laugh.

'We heard all of it', Loki says first and they go back to their game whilst I take my seat, 'this is going to be a problem, you all know that right', I said.

'It's fine, right now it's funny, Y/n, really has guts to speak to Bucky like that, but it'll die down one way or another', Nat explains.

'One way or another meaning one of them will kill the other, given the chance', Sam says and puts a card down on the table, 'Buck won't do that, he's promised not to kill anyone', I said.

'Looks like he'll be going back on it, but I'm betting on Y/n', Thor says, throwing one of his cards down too, 'I'm betting Y/n too', Nat says and they all agreeing to who they're choosing will win this fight.

For the past half hour, I had to calm them both down, Bucky managed to piss Y/n off more by deciding to break her bedroom doorknob and having her stuck in there for last six hours before one of us wondered where she was and I was tasked to investigate.

When I reached her room, her door was thrown open and I don't know how she fixed it, but I saw murder in her eyes when she walked passed me and headed straight to Bucky's room, I honestly thought it wasn't him, and it must have been a fault to the door, but once he came out with a smile on his face, it confirmed that he had a hand in medalling with her room.

So for the past half hour, they we're shouting at each, going back and forth with one another until I made some sort of peace with the both of them and they went back to their own bedrooms.

They just need time to cool down and get some air, maybe being stuck in the compound is getting to them and they need some fresh air or something to cool the air between them.

________

I was in the middle of a game, I convinced Y/n to join so she had something to do and didn't have to be in her room, angry about Bucky and she could spend time with us as a team, but that's until we all heard a loud bang and then Bucky shout which drew our attention to the stairs when he came storming down.

We're all then looking at a furious Bucky covered with shaving cream, peanuts, confetti and small balls of paper all stuck to him and the first thing he does is stare at Y/n whilst she stares back at him, 'your making a mess Bucky, you should really clean all that up', she says and I'm sighing to myself.

'Keep acting smug, I'm going to torture you first and then cut your life expectancy short', he threatens and she only scoffs, 'good luck with that, maybe you shouldn't have started it and then we won't be in this mess', she says and he only pins her with his eyes for a few seconds until he's stomping back upstairs again.

'Y/n', I sighed and looked at her whilst she put her cards down, 'what, he started it, so now he'll find out exactly what I'm capable off', she says and then we hear a loud yell from Bucky.

'Looks like he found my next surprise', she says and we're all staring at her and I replace my eyes back to the team, who laughed at the whole situation, if they don't quit, one way or another, one of them will end up hurt or even dead.

*END OF POV*

________

'The hell we will', me and Bucky say in sync and I look at Tony and Steve, who suggested an idea so preposterous, I thought they we're joking.

'It'll be a good team building exercise', Steve suggest and I'm already scoffing at the response, 'and would it be good team building if I kill him', I ask and watch them fall silent until Bucky scoffs but before he could get a word out, Steve interrupts him and tells us that it'll be good for us and some other bullshit excuse I zoned out off listening.

This was ridiculous, I'm not about to go on a mission with him and think that he'll have my back, when I know in fact he won't and I won't have his, but this idea that Steve had, I was rethinking my plan on only hating Bucky here, because one more can be added to that list.

'Come on the jet is ready', Steve says and I only march in and take a seat.

________

'You're going the wrong way', I said to Bucky, who hasn't listen to me since we started this mission, and now has gone to ignoring me altogether, normally, I don't take my problems on missions with me, but if he was choosing to be difficult, and had no problem in being at each other's throats, then I don't mind treating him the way he's treated me right now.

'Do you ever stop talking', he says when I warn him again, sigh and then stop, 'Fine, I'll take this corridor then', I tell him, but he just carried on without a word so I slipped in to the next hallway and walked down.

I take every step cautiously, I knew Hydra love to play dirty so I wouldn't put it passed them to put a few booby traps in place.

As soon as I got to the end of the hallway, I pulled out my dagger first and then used it to take out the guard at the other end of the hallway whilst I take down the two that we're just a few feet away from me.

It took no effort at all, I didn't even break a sweat when I rendered them unconscious and walked over to retrieve my dagger from the body and when I was just about to take the next corridor in, the door suddenly swung open, first something was snapped open and the air was filled with smoke and I could feel myself freeze up.

I don't know what happened or what the smoke was, but I opened my eyes to a cleared room and no fog in sight, so when I moved my feet, it's then that I almost lost my balance and looked down to see the ground crumbling beneath me.

So I made quick work to run back down the other end of the corridor where I had left Bucky, and when I took a glimpse behind me, the floor was almost caught up to where I was and as I looked ahead again, the floor slipped from under me and I lost all of my balance and slipped.

I managed to hold my self up when the floor stopped collapsing in on itself and was just about to lift myself up, but the piece of floor that I had been holding onto was cracking under my touch so whatever force I would have used, would've made it break on itself and I would be left falling into the abyss.

Just when I was going to accept my fate and let myself fall from the grip my one finger had, my arm was caught and I opened my eyes to see Bucky.

After a moment, I helped pull myself up and fell right on top of him when he fell onto his back and I stared down at him, 'you went the wrong way', he breaks the silence and I scramble off of him and put some space between us whilst he stands up.

I wanted to say something, but I left it alone and just followed close behind him and when I looked at him, expecting him to say something too, he just remained silent.

When we reached the bottom of the corridor, and into the next, he broke the silence with a sigh, 'do you know how stupid that was', he says, 'It's one thing to go somewhere by yourself, but another to almost get yourself hurt', he adds and when I'm about to argue that it was his fault for taking the wrong direction and the fact that we weren't even supposed to be in this part of the base, I held my tongue when I saw a barrel of a gun being aimed directly at him, so I reacted, first there was a shot when I gragged the gun and aimed it down, then there was a second by someone else I didn't see but Bucky took care of him whilst I take care of my agent.

Once they we're down, I heard Bucky's sighs, 'let's just get out of here, before something else...', his voice trailed off when my ears suffered from ringing but I blew that off and kept following him.

*Bucky POV*

I turned to the agent and stopped in my tracks when she walked into me, but then stepped back, 'sorry', she wheezed and my brows pull together when I take in her face, it was more paler then usual, her eyes we're droopy and she looked like she wasn't in the present at all, 'something wrong', I ask and hear her wheeze again when she shakes her head and moves her eyes back to me, 'I just have a small pain in my shoulder, nothing to...', she begins but her eyes fall and her legs buckle under her and when she's ready to hit the ground, I've already caught her.

'Y/n', I call out but she's already fallen into unconsciousness and I'm already looking all over her.

When I pull her jacket away, I see the gunshot wound she'd taken from the second agent, I presume and sigh to myself.

Fuck.

She took that bullet for me when I was too busy causing a new argument with her, Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

'You die, I won't forgive you', I said and begin to swiftly pick her up, 'remember I promised to kill you, you die before I can do that, I'll annoy you back to life', I add and walk out of the building.

Just when I was expecting to see the Quinjet, it was gone and I spun on my heal, this is where we landed, I'm sure of it, I thought and looked down at Y/n, 'okay, looks like we're on our own', I said.

When I look around and walk across to the other side of the building, I spotted a beaten down jeep, so I walk over, pull open the door and get Y/n in first and put the belt around her, 'you'll be fine, it's not bad', I said after I checked the wound and looked at her, I need to wrap it up with something, to stop her from losing any more blood, I thought.

When I looked for something to use, I decided to take my shirt off then my vest, it was the only other option and I couldn't find the med kit that the car comes equipped with, so decided on it.

I ripped apart my vest in long strips, then I wrapped them around her wound to stop the bleeding and worked quickly, I didn't have time to waist.

Once I got my shirt on, I got into the drivers seat, hotwired the car and got it to work, but it was then that bullets came shooting at us, so I stepped onto the gas, reversed the car, put it back on drive and sped down the road.

I heard a mumble and my head quickly spun in the direction of Y/n and sighed, even with that little communication, it was a sign that it was a good thing.

'Hello', I said through my walkie talkie, this thing was military graded, so it reached a long distance, and I was just hoping for a response, 'Steve', I called out, 'hello can anyone here me', I said and then heard the static after, 'Sam', I try again and look at Y/n.

Come on, someone, I just need someone to reply, I thought and sighed.

'Buck', I heard and quickly brought it back to my mouth, 'Steve', I said as relief set in, 'where are you guys', I ask.

'The other building collapsed', he replies, 'we got to the jet, but we couldn't find you guys, we're still looking', he says, 'where are you', he asks.

'In a car, I'm heading towards...', I trail of when I see a sign, 'towards...', I begin but he interrupts, 'stay there, we've pinpointed your location', he says and I nod, 'okay', I said and then stop the car, 'and Steve, hurry, Y/n, been shot', I give him the first bad news and when I've heard the reply, I check on Y/n again.

________

'What happened', Nat and Wanda said in sync as I hold her in my arms, 'she took a bullet for me', I reply and when I wanted to walk up to the jet, I look down when her arm falls down and her head rolls back and my eyes go wide, 'get her in the jet now', Steve and Tony instruct together and I'm already speed walking up and get her onto the table.

'She's not breathing', Tony says when he checks her pulse, 'Friday, now', he instructs when he steps away and the electrical charge courses through her body.

It's only when the second one happens, that I remember to breathe, 'she's stabilised sir, but you need to get her into the hyperbaric chamber', she instructs and I'm the first one to step forward, pick her up and get her onto the bed, when I know she's comfortable, I push the bed back in and Steve shuts it closed, 'now you need to get her temperature down', Friday says and Tony is already presses the few buttons on the small screen.

'Temperature is dropping and the pressure is stabilising', he says.

'How do we know it's working', Steve asks and in a few short seconds her lips part, and she breaths.

'We need doctor Cho', Nat says and Tony looks over at her, 'she's in Australia, we need someone closer', he replies.

'We need to tell Coulson', Steve said, 'maybe he'll have someone too', he adds and then pulls out his phone.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

78.2K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
76.1K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...
121K 3.1K 30
Pietro's death is still haunting Wanda. She can't seem to find a reason to be happy again. That is until she meets James Buchanan Barnes. Steve Roger...
1.4K 79 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...