Detention ➳ Larry

By TrulyMadlyLarry

Detention is supposed to be a punishment, but for Louis and Harry, it's the start of something beautiful. Un... More

Introduction
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three (Final Chapter)

Chapter thirty

213K 5.9K 16.2K
By TrulyMadlyLarry

(Louis' POV)

"Lou," Harry calls my name, "Come sit with us." he insists, gesturing towards the empty seat next to him at their table in the lunch room. His clique of popular kids sit around the table with him and they give me nasty looks as I sit down next to my boyfriend. They continue with their conversations, but make it known that I'm not welcome here.

The cheerleaders grimace at me in disgust because I don't belong at their exclusive table. A few of the jocks stare at me and roll their eyes, whispering to each other about me I assume. Harry clutches onto my hand under the table out of everyone's sight and assures me not to pay attention to them.

Perrie whispers something to Zayn that causes him to laugh obnoxiously. I uncomfortably shift in my seat and act like I didn't notice that it was obviously about me. I'm pretty sure Perrie and Zayn aren't a couple anymore, but I have heard rumors that they still hook up every once in a while. 

Harry's friends Ed and Cher stare at me and act like I'm some strange alien. They make me feel like I'm a pest to them so I look away and cough awkwardly. This isn't exactly the warm welcoming I was expecting.

Liam and Niall walk up to the table, laughing together so much that their faces are a bright shade of red. They sit down across from Harry and I, and Niall has two foot long sandwiches and three bags of crisps. Seems like Niall has a big appetite.

"Hey Li, who's this?" Harry asks Liam.

"This is Niall, Niall this is my friend Harry. Harry and I go way back, we've been friends for as long as I can remember." Liam says, smiling at Harry.

Harry grins oddly; not his normal dimple bright smile. This one looks confused and a bit of what seems to be jealousy. What would Harry be jealous of?

"Oh, hi Niall. It's nice to meet you." Harry mutters, staring at the Irish man with a fading smile on his face.

"You too." Niall mumbles with a mouth full of food.

I nudge Harry's side, "Are you feeling alright?" I ask, lowering my tone to a whisper. Liam and Niall go back to their conversation and start laughing and giggling again like teenage girls.

Harry clears his throat and turns to me, "I'm fine, why?" he asks.

"Well you're acting strange. Do you not like Niall or something?" I ask curiously, wondering why in the world he wouldn't like him. What's not to like about Niall? He's charming and funny, not to mention adorable.

"No, I just. . ." he pauses, "Never mind." he mumbles.

"Harry-"

"I don't wanna talk about it right now, okay?" he says quietly, harshness filling up his voice.

I sigh, "Fine. Keep your damn secrets." I sneer, ripping my hand away from his.

"It's not like that, Louis." he says, rolling his eyes.

"Well then what is it? Are you jealous of Niall or something? Is there something you need to tell me?" I ask again, raising an eyebrow.

"What? No, why would you think that?" he gasps.

"You were basically giving Niall a death glare." I explain.

He frowns, "Can we talk about this later?" Harry asks.

"Fine, we'll discuss it after school during musical rehearsal." I conclude.

"Deal." Harry agrees, reaching over and holding my hand again. He gives me a bright smile and I feel my heart flutter when his dimples appear on his cheeks.

"So Louis," Zayn speaks up, causing me to look up. Zayn looks tired today, like he didn't get enough sleep. He has giant dark circles traced under his caramel coloured eyes. His hair is a bit messier than normal. I think back to when Zayn punched me a few weeks ago but then push the memory aside. He insisted that he's changed, and Harry told me that Zayn felt guilty for what he did, so I guess I should give him a second chance.

"You're in the drama club, right?" he asks.

I nod, "Mhm. I'm in the musical department, why?" I ask.

"That means you're directing the Romeo and Juliet musical, correct?" Zayn asks.

"Yeah, I am." I confirm.

"Interesting. . ." he trails off, "Harry, are you in the musical?" he asks him.

Harry swallows with nervousness, "Um, yeah." he mumbles.

"You're playing Romeo?" Zayn asks him, furrowing his eyebrows.

Harry nods, "Yeah, how did you know?"

Zayn just smiles, "I saw you two after school yesterday, that's all." he says, not bothering to explain anything else. He doesn't say another word and goes back to talking and flirting with Perrie. 

Well that was weird. Am I the only one who thought that was peculiar for him to just ask that out of the blue?

I look at Harry, "What was that about?" I whisper.

Harry shrugs, "I have no idea." he admits, just as confused as I am. The bell rings indicating it's time to go to class. Another three hours until I get to see Harry again. Those three small hours are always lonely and boring. He wraps me in a quick, casual, friendly hug and whispers in my ear: "I love you."

I smile and peck his cheek when nobody is watching.

"I love you too." 

* * * * 

"Eleanor," I say, walking over to her, "You can stand over there next to Harry. This is Act two, scene two, when Romeo is awaiting outside of Juliet's tower."

She smiles, "Okay." she says cheerfully. She walks away and stands next to Harry, holding her lines in her hand. She looks up and stares at Harry, who is only a few inches taller than she is. She's already in her costume which is a bright green dress with gold trim and lace. Her hair is tied up in a braid with pink flowers tucked inside the creases. 

Harry is wearing cream trousers and a white undershirt layered with a black blazer. Of course, this isn't what Romeo would've traditionally worn, but the school board said no to the colourful skin-constricting tights and shirts. 

"Start on line 66, Harry." I say, "Dim the lights." I yell into the echoing auditorium. The lights dim and the spot light is shined on Harry and Eleanor. The rest of the cast stands close aside them considering this is just rehearsal after all, but the AV club said they wanted to test the lighting.

"With love's light wings did I o'er-perch these walls, for stony limits cannot hold love out. And what love can do, that dares attempt; Therefor, thy kinsmen are no stop to me." Harry says, staring deeply into El's eyes.

"If they do see thee, they will murder thee." Eleanor replies, reaching out and holding Harry's hand. Jealously boils inside of me like a steaming pot, but I remind myself that this is just acting.

"Alack, there lies more peril in thine eye than twenty of their swords! Look thou but sweet, am I proof against their enemy." he says.

"I would not for the world they saw thee here." she says.

"I have night's cloak to hide me from their sight; and but thou love me, let them find me here. My life were better ended by their hate than death prolonged, wanting of thy love." Harry says slowly, putting in as much emotion as he can. 

"By whose direction found'st thou out this place?" Eleanor asks.

"By love, who first did prompt me to inquire. He lent me counsel and I lent him eyes. I am no pilot; yet, wert thou as far as the vast shore wash'd with the farthest sea, I would adventure for such merchandise." he says.

"Okay, stop." I announce, "Now, I understand that Shakespeare can be a bit confusing so let's re-cap, shall we? After all, theatre is nothing if nobody understands it, right?"

"I don't understand a word that they're saying." one of the boys mutters from the sea of cast members.

I smile, "That's alright. Can anybody tell me what's going on in this scene?"

Nobody answers. Harry chuckles quietly at this, covering his mouth with his hand so nobody notices except me. 

"Nobody? Alright. Let me explain. After the Capulet ball, Romeo basically ditches his friends and goes to Juliet's house, where he awaits outside of her window. She comes out onto the balcony and talks with Romeo. She warns him that if her family finds out that he's there, they will kill him." I explain.

"Why?" a blond girl asks.

"Because Romeo is a Montague, the enemy family of the Capulets. Neither of their families know about them being together. If Lord Capulet found out that his only daughter was dating the son of Lord Montague, well, it wouldn't end well for Romeo." I tell them.

"They don't know about Romeo and Juliet's relationship," Eleanor speaks up, "Nobody does."

"Precisely, good job Eleanor." I confirm, "And actually, the first song occurs in this scene. Flip to the next page on your lines." I say. Everybody flips the page on the giant packet of scripts. The song was actually written by me. I wrote it about Alex and I, but I thought it would fit in perfectly with the musical and Romeo and Juliet's situation.

"They Don't Know About Us?" Harry asks, reading the title of the song.

I nod, "Yeah. Harry, your parts are highlighted in yellow and Eleanor's are in blue, alright? Que the music!" I shout, and the music starts playing, which is the calming tune of a piano that I previously recorded myself.

{video on side, or you can sing it in your head, either way}

"People say we shouldn’t be together

We're too young to know about forever
But I say they don’t know what they talk talk talkin’ about," Eleanor sings, her voice as perfect as in her audition.

Then Harry takes off, "Cause this love is only getting stronger
So I don’t wanna wait any longer
I just wanna tell the world that you're mine girlll
Ohh." He sings back, his voice sending chills up his spine. I could listen to  him sing all day.

"They don’t know about the things we do
They don’t know about the I love you’s
But I bet you if they only knew
They will just be jealous of us
They don’t know about the up all night’s
They don’t know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they don’t know about
They don’t know about us" Eleanor and Harry sing together, their harmonies mixing perfectly together.

"Just one touch and I was a believer
Every day it gets a little sweeter
It’s getting better
Keeps getting better all the time girl" Harry sings.

"They don’t know about the things we do
They don’t know about the I love you’s
But I bet you if they only knew
They will just be jealous of us
They don’t know about the up all night’s
They don’t know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they don’t know about
They don’t know about us." they sing together again without a single mistake.

"They don’t know how special you are
They don’t know what you’ve done to my heart
They can say anything they want
Cause they don’t know about us.

They don’t know what we do best
That’s between me and you our little secret." Eleanor sings back. I smile at the sound of her beautiful voice echoing through the auditorium walls.

"But I wanna tell em
I wanna tell the world that you're mine girl." Harry says, holding out the last note perfectly.

"They don’t know about the things we do
They don’t know about the I love you’s
But I bet you if they only knew
They will just be jealous of us
They don’t know about the up all night’s
They don’t know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they don’t know about
They don’t know about us

They don’t know about the things we do
They don’t know about the I love you’s
But I bet you if they only knew
They will just be jealous of us
They don’t know about the up all night’s
They don’t know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they don’t know about
They don’t know about us

They don’t know about us" Eleanor and Harry sing together, and then the music stops.

I smile, a sense of proud taking over like a father would be of his children. I knew that their voices would sound amazing together. I just knew it.

"Well done, you two. That was incredible." I say honestly.

Eleanor blushes, "Thank you." she beams. Harry just grins at me and bites on his bottom lip. I can tell he was a bit shy at the beginning of the song. After all, he hardly ever sings in front of people. But near the middle of the song he loosened up and became more comfortable with the idea of singing in front of an audience, even if it's just us cast members.

"Alright, I guess that concludes our rehearsal," I say, looking down at my watch. "Have a nice day everybody. Well done." I say happily. Everybody trots off stage and grabs their bags, then they shovel out of the auditorium. They all mumble goodbyes to me and I tell them that I'll see them tomorrow. Harry, of course, decides to stay behind.

After the last cast member leaves, Harry closes the door to the auditorium so we're alone. He walks up to me and pecks my lips quickly, which is what I've been waiting for all day.

"You sounded amazing, Hazza." I tell him, running my fingers through his curls.

"Thanks," he says, "But you have to say that, you're my boyfriend." he argues.

"I'm not joking, Harry! I could listen to you sing all day." I promise.

Harry rolls his eyes, "Whatever you say, Boo." 

"Don't be so negative. You're perfect, okay? Your singing is perfect, you look perfect, everything about you is perfect." I say. I lean up and peck his lips again to let him know that I'm telling the truth.

"You're so mushy sometimes," Harry groans.

"What? You want me to insult you all the time?" I laugh.

Harry smiles, "I just want you to be honest, that's all."

"I am being honest, okay? I promise." I assure him.

"Good. Thanks, Lou." he says.

"No problem. Now, do you want to tell me what was going on with Niall and Liam at lunch earlier?" I ask him.

Harry frowns, "Er. . . yeah. Can we sit down?" he asks.

I nod and we sit down in two of the auditorium red folding seats. Harry looks into my eyes and holds onto my hand, "The truth is, I'm jealous of Niall," he says.

My eyes widen, "J-jealous? What, do you have feelings for Liam or something!?" I almost yell.

Harry sighs, "No, not jealous like that. It's just that Liam and I are best mates and I feel like I'm being replaced. He's been spending a lot of time with Niall lately. Liam and I used to hang out every weekend, but we haven't done that in weeks. I feel like I've been ditching him-"

"For me?" I squeak.

"No, don't feel bad Louis." Harry assures me, running his hand up and down my arm.

"Have I been taking you away from your friends? I'm sorry, Haz. You should've said something!" I say.

"I didn't want to hurt your feelings." he tells me. 

"You can tell me anything, Haz. You know that." I say softly.

"I know, I'm sorry. The thing is that I want us to all hang out. Like, as a group." he admits.

"I'd love to, Harry, but none of your friends are too fond of me." I remind him.

"If they got to know you better they'd love you." he promises.

"Sounds good to me, but when?" I ask.

"Well, there's this Halloween party this weekend at my soccer mate Ed's house. I thought if you came with then maybe my friends could get to know you so all of us could be friends?" he suggests.

I smile, "I'd love to, as long as I'm invited."

"Everybody is, Lou. It's a open invitation" he explains.

"Okay then," I say, "Sounds good."

"Yay!" he exclaims childishly.

He stands up from his seat and sits on my lap, so his legs are straddling me. He leans down and plants a big kiss on my lips. I smile against his soft lips and kiss him back, simultaneously running my fingers through his curls. I move my hands down his back and play with the hem of his shirt. I lift it up and run my fingers down his skin, making him arch his back slightly.

Remembering that we're still on school property, I break away from the snog and smile apologetically at him. "Sorry, babe. We are at school, after all." I remind him.

Harry smirks, "That's what makes it so much fun." 

I roll my eyes, "We have plenty of time for this later but for now we should probably head home. The janitors will kick us out in a few minutes anyway." I explain.

"Yeah. And if I'm home late my parents will kill me." he says. He gets off my lap and attaches his hand to mine. 

We walk out of the auditorium and out of the school doors. Walking through the parking lot, and I soon realize that it's cold and windy. Harry wraps his arm around my shoulder and brings me in closer to him. 

"You know what I just realized Boo?" he asks as we walk to the opposite side of the lot.

"What?"

"We're a lot like Romeo and Juliet." he says.

I look up at him oddly, "What?" I laugh. How are Harry and I in any way like two careless teenagers who fall in love and commit suicide!? Is he on drugs or something?

"Think about it!" he begins, "My parents are like Juliet's parents. They don't want us to be together. Kind of like a forbidden love sort of thing." he shrugs.

I nod, "Oh, I guess I can see where you're coming from." I agree.

"See? I'm not crazy. You're my Juliet!" he exclaims, kissing my cheek gently.

I flinch away from him, "Why am I the girl?" I chuckle. If anything, Harry is Juliet and I would be Romeo, right?

"Well, I mean, let's face it. . . you're the most girly-"

"Excuse me?" I scoff, putting my hand over my chest.

"Not in a bad way, I just. . . ugh, never mind." he sighs.

"No, we are not done talking about this, Harry!" I say, stopping in my tracks. Harry looks annoyed but stops as well. 

"Louis I just think you're the girl in the relationship, that's not necessarily a bad thing." he shrugs.

"Yes it is!" I huff.

"Louis, you're the queen of sass. Notice the lack of the word king?" he argues.

I slap his shoulder playfully, "Oi, you're just digging yourself a deeper hole, Styles."

"I'm sorry! I'm just being honest." he says, pouting his lip.

"You know I can't stay mad with that face." I say, leaning up on my tip toes. I press my lips to Harry's, making his puppy dog face go away. He kisses me back shortly before pulling away, realizing that we're in the parking lot and could still be seen.

We get into his car and Harry starts it up, causing the engine to grumble and hiss as the car heats up. I shiver because the car is so cold. I can't believe it's only late October and it has already snowed. Of course, the snow didn't stick to the ground. It was just that fluffy snow that falls and then seems to disappear before it even hits the ground. Still, it's really cold compared to normal Octobers.

Harry notices that I'm cold and kindly takes off his jacket. He hands it to me and, despite my protests, he wraps it around my shoulders to warm me up. I smile at him as he pulls out of the parking lot and starts heading to my house to drop me off.

I pull the jacket tighter around me, "Thanks Haz. You're my Romeo." I joke.

Harry turns to me and grins, "You're welcome, Juliet." he teases.

[ Woah, two updates this week? Thankfully I had a snow day today so I had time to write more. Please vote, comment, fan, or do whatever the heck you want! x ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 2.2K 21
Y/N L/N moves into Zaun, the undercity of Piltover. One of the worst cities to live in america, with sky-high rates of violence and more people livi...
2.2M 84.4K 32
Harry's perfect. He has the best girlfriend you can have, the looks, and the popularity. He's confident, except when it comes to one thing. Louis Tom...