โœ“ the hooded princess โ€ข kim s...

By minthannie

"my life is full with secrets, and you know everything." min eunkyung- a princess should behave with grace, t... More

before you read ^-^
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
โ™ก
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y o n e
f i f t y t w o
f i f t y t h r e e
f i f t y f o u r
f i f t y f i v e
f i f t y s i x
f i f t y s e v e n
f i f t y e i g h t
f i f t y n i n e
s i x t y
r y u n i v e r s e
s i x t y o n e
s i x t y t w o
s i x t y t h r e e
b o n u s c h a p t e r
w h a t i f ?
w h a t i f # 1

f i f t e e n

1K 61 16
By minthannie

Seungmin watched as the girl focused on her discussion. She seemed comfortable even after this afternoon's event. Maybe it was an act. An act to cover herself from blurting out her inner feelings towards her nine years best friend.

He didn't know how much she's going through. One thing for sure, it hurts.

Minju waved her hand in front of Seungmin's face. The guy blinked his eyes in realisation and he apologised afterwards. Minju just smiled.

"Dandelions, right?" Seungmin adjusted his position in the seat as he earned a nod from the girl.

"A humble flower," she sketched a picture of a dandelion. "When the puff balls dispersed into the air it symbolises freedom and youth to explore the outside world on its own, leaving everything behind."

A smile appeared on Seungmin's face. "For some teenagers freedom is their main happiness. It brings joy, power and determination to do something new along with the newfound endurance they have never felt before."

"And purity. The new white shirt that's going to be painted with their future," Minju continued as she drew grasses. "Leaving the parent who might have left dark spots on them."

Hearing that, his smile faltered a bit. He rested his chin on his fist and stared at the beautifully drawn dandelions in a field. "Like it or not, the dark spots give lessons. Somehow it helps them to be a better one."

Minju nodded, "As much as they hate it, they should thank the parent for growing them up in such ways. Then maybe, after that they are free to do whatever they wanted. Just like the dispersed puff balls. They flew somewhere far and never meet them again."

"Our mind is linked."

"Absolutely," Minju chuckled as she finished the sketch. "But this can be seen on two sides of stories which made it a bit complicated. The one we are thinking about is a voice of a disrupted child because of their parents. What about the good ones?"

The guy thought for awhile. His eyes travelled around the café, watching people walking by and some students hanging out at the fountain nearby. They were sitting outside the café under the small umbrella that stuck up on a table. They could have gotten a better temperature inside, but sitting outside can help them brainstorm. So here they are, despite the hot weather.

Eunkyung and Jisung were two tables away from them. Earlier Eunkyung told Jisung that right after the discussion she will be going to the archery class with Seungmin. Her best friend just shrugged, cared less about it.

Seungmin's eyes fell on the princess.

"If they are separated from the good parent..." he spoke up, eyes not leaving her. "They could meet with them again if fate brought them together. But not directly, it can be through connections."

Minju's eyebrows furrowed at that.

"When a flower is bloomed it will have its own puff balls. The puff balls disperse and if it's fate, maybe they can meet their parent's parent."

A small laugh escaped the girl's lips. "The possibilities are most likely zero point zero zero seven percent because the parent might have died."

"Yeah, sucks to be a dandelion." Seungmin smiled a bit as he averted his gaze away from Eunkyung. "But connection still exists. Whether through hearts or physical."

"That's a sad part of a dandelion, despite being a pretty flower. They need to be apart with a parent."

Seungmin's chest unknowingly clenched at the words. He nodded with a forced smile. "Only the lucky ones get to meet them again."

Then he glanced towards the princess again.

"And maybe I am one of them."

"We will get going now." Eunkyung packed her things. Jisung nodded while finishing his juice. The girl bid goodbyes and went to Seungmin who was waiting with Minju next to him.

"Is Jisung staying here?" Minju asked.

Eunkyung nodded, "He will left in a few minutes. Why?"

"Nothing, just thought he'd feel he's getting dumped." she gave her a sweet smile. "My house is at the other way so I'll leave first."

Before she could walk away Seungmin stopped her, "You sure I don't need to walk you?"

"No, it's alright. I walk home everyday."

Eunkyung filled her cheeks with air as she watched the two conversed a bit more. The princess lightly swung her body from left to right as her two hands clutched on her art bag. She could feel a burning sensation being stabbed from her back.

"Seungmin,"

"Oh, I'm so sorry–"

"What is Han doing?" she whispered, not audible to Minju.

Seungmin glanced towards the said guy. Then he chuckled. "We'll leave now, Minju."

Then the two walked off. When they took the right turn she stopped her steps. "Was he looking?"

"Yeah, more like glaring."

Eunkyung pursed her lips as they continued walking. "He was not being himself today. He only spoke for the discussion. When I asked about other things he replied without interest."

Seungmin remained silent. He felt bad for making the girl feels that way. The whole walk was empty without conversation, just thoughts filling their minds.

As they reached the castle Eunkyung said, "Bring your horse along this evening." then she went in without giving Seungmin a chance to speak. She laid on her bed with a heavy sigh, face first. Everytime when thinking about this she wanted to turn back time and hoped she never said that to Seungmin. She hoped she never suspected Jisung in doing any crimes related to that night and the murder in the village.

It seems impossible if Jisung is involved in the murder scenes. He was just a high school boy who had mastered sword fighting since a few years back. Even so, why would he do that? Sometimes she wants to get mad at Seungmin but she decided to agree with him to observe things.

And now, Jisung's acting a bit weird. The cheerful and glee guy disappeared when they were at the café. She wonders why.

Also, what's the thing that I don't know, but Seungmin does?

"Are you in there?" the door creaked open. Eunkyung quickly closed her eyes when hearing Eunji's voice. However her plan to pretend her sleep failed when the sister jumped on the bed, yelling. "Wake up wake up wake uppp!!!!"

"The hell do you want?!" she closed her ears with the pillows.

"Stop pretending you're sleeping, brat." Eunji pulled the pillows away. Eunkyung immediately sat up in pure annoyance.

"Can't you just say it? Do you need to jump on the bed and yell?" she snapped, silencing her older sister. "I just got from school and discussion and the least you can do is send a maid or slip any messages under the door."

Anger written all over her face. Eunji felt challenged at that before she threw the pillows back on the bed. "Father wants to meet us tonight. 9pm."

With that she walked out.

Eunkyung groaned in annoyance. She was stressed out by this afternoon's incident and how Jisung treated him earlier. This has been playing in her mind for a few days and she thought she'd forget it for a moment this evening but her sister just had to ruin the mood.

"I just want a good rest, goddamnit."

Did she feel guilty? No. If someone does that anyone would hate it.

But one thing for sure, she and her sister will be in a cold war.

Three hours later the princess got changed into her archer outfit. She went to the stable and took Winter with her, heading towards the front gate. There, Seungmin was already waiting by his horse.

"We don't have class today, you know that?" he questioned. Eunkyung just nodded. They don't have any archery class that evening. The one she told Jisung was just an excuse.

"Get on."

Seungmin got onto his horse and the girl lead the way. They exited the town which leaves the citizens a lot of questions.

"Are we going to the hill again?"

"No, somewhere else." she muttered.

"You're not doubting me again right?"

"No! Of course not!"

A soft chuckle left his lips, "Glad to hear that, Your Highness."

Eunkyung pursed her lips as she looked to the front again. She was hesitant to do this but after a lot of thinking she'd come to the decision to just show it to him. After ten minutes of – the horses – walking they arrived at a place that somewhat looked like a forest.

Seungmin looked around. It was similar to his sword fighting class but totally different from the place. This is the south. His sword fighting class is facing to the north.

Also, there's no houses there. No one. Just both of them.

The princess reached for her bow behind her. She then gripped on the lead line before whipping it. Winter's neigh echoed in the woods and soon, they disappeared into it.

What just happened—

Seungmin followed suit. He whipped his lead line and went into the woods only to see tons of archery boards hanging on the branch of each trees and Eunkyung shot almost all of them while riding Winter. He had his mouth slightly agape when they hit the bullseyes.

Is she a human?!

"Faster!" he heard her ordering and another neigh followed. Seungmin couldn't move anywhere as he feared if the arrows hit him or his horse. So he moved to the side where there's no boards hanging.

The sound of a bow releasing echoed multiple times and Seungmin could tell how much strength she put in her shots. He could see a glimpse of her in between the tress. The wind fluttered through her hair giving graceful effects of a princess along with her wind-blown coat. She looked amazing and strong. He couldn't help but felt fascinated by the scene that unfold in front of him.

Eunkyung never fails to surprise him with her ability.

After two minutes she was done and lightly panted. Her head snapped to the side, startling Seungmin. "What are you doing there?"

"H-huh?"

"I thought you were following me from behind and did the same."

Oh.

"You think I'm showing off?"

The male shook his head rapidly. He pulled the lead line to make his horse walk to the girl. "You didn't say anything so I just thought I should stay behind."

"Then what's the reason I brought you here?" she furrowed her eyebrows, making cat caught his tongue.

The truth is, he was afraid and amazed by her skills but no way he'd say it out loud.

Eunkyung's breathing seem had steadied so she turned around and walked deeper in the woods. Seungmin caught up next to her. "Are all these yours?"

The princess nodded. Whenever they reach the boards that have arrows stuck on it she'd lift up her body and take them off. Seungmin could see hundreds of holes on each boards.

"They were my grandmother's but she passed it down to me," she lightly pursed her lips, thinking if she should tell him or not. "Before I went here she told me there's a place where she used to train herself in archery so I searched it. Only found it after two years."

Seungmin nodded, so this is how she could target bullseyes.

"Did you remember what my sister said the other day?" she questioned.

"Which one? About the girl–"

"No," she cut him off instantly. "The one about the river."

"Oh, yeah. You like the river behind the house."

"My grandmother liked it, actually. I'm not a fan of the river that much. She liked it that the reason why she chose this place was because," she whipped the line and Winter galloped. This time Seungmin did the same to wherever they were heading, until he heard the sound of the water.

"Woah."

Not only river, but a waterfall.

That's when he realised there was another mountain up there.

"The river behind Sonia's house has a waterfall too."

"Sonia?"

"Oh, sorry. My grandmother." she mentally cursed herself for blurting out the nickname to someone who was not close to her family. She got off Winter and stroke her, "Don't go anywhere, okay?"

Winter neighed. As soon as Seungmin got off his horse, Winter approached the guy. Eunkyung lightly scoffed at that.

They took off their coats and hung them on the branches. The girl then did the same to her shoes.

"I thought you don't like it?"

"I need reassurance."

"For what?"

"Everything." she slowly dipped her feet in the water and sighed in pleasure. Seungmin sat next to her and did the same.

They sat there for a few minutes in silence, only enjoying the sound of nature. Luckily the waterfall was a bit far from their spots or they would be drenched from the droplets.

"No wonder your grandmother liked it here."

"It's calming." Eunkyung muttered as she hugged her legs and rested her chin on the knees. Her eyes followed the dried leaves and twigs that were being dragged by the stream. Sometimes when there were fishes she'd splash at them though it doesn't give any effects.

"I'm still wondering why you're bringing me here."

"I just thought you'd like to try because you once showed off your bullseye."

Seungmin laughed at that while the girl puffed her cheeks. Their first interaction was still stuck in her mind and no way she's going to forget it. "I don't bring my bow and arrows. You just told me to bring my horse."

"Right, your horse. What's its name?"

"Jasper," he replied with a small smile. "A name of a gem."

Eunkyung looked at him with her eyes slightly widened. When Seungmin turned to her she immediately looked to the front with her pounding heart.

Just a coincidence, yeah. A coincidence.

"You know the color of jasper?"

Eunkyung nodded, "Just like your horse's color."

It entertained him just by seeing her reaction. He stared back at the river and the trees in front of them. "Can I ask what reassurance you're finding?"

"I just fought with Eunji. She annoyed me right after I got home so I snapped at her," she clicked her tongue. "And Han, of course."

And because she knows Seungmin could give her some.

"That's bad."

Or maybe not.

The girl splashed him the water with a scowl. Seungmin chuckled, "Everything will be fine soon with your sister. If she wants to be mad at you she should know what she did in the first place."

"And about Jisung maybe he's feeling under the weather today. If he still doesn't talk you still have me."

She made a gagging noise and earned a splash from him.

"I told you that you should start counting how many times I help you," he rolled his eyes. "You need to pay me back."

"Three times."

"How arrogant," he rested his head on his knees while looking at his right where Eunkyung where. She noticed that and was flustered.

"W-what?"

"I'm not looking at you."

"You're clearly—"

"Look at your right."

The princess turned to her right. Her face lit up in amazement. "Woah."

"Twin rainbows. I've never seen them before." Seungmin softly smiled when he saw her reaction. Eunkyung barely shows her other sides other than her cool appearance and her tears. The only time he sees her smiling was when they were at the village. Even so that's not directed at him and everyone can sees it.

"Can I go there?" she asked in excitement.

He shook his head. "Your clothes will get wet. The King is probably going to question you. Just look from here."

"I can just create any reasons–" before she could get up the guy held her wrist to prevent her from doing so.

"If you slip I'll let you drown."

"Screw you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 9.7K 77
Being a father at such a young age was never something he had hoped for, nor something he feels able to do. It's complicated, and suddenly, his entir...
80.8K 3.9K 19
Royal au Where Prince Chan accidentally stumble upon a cabin in the middle of the forest - Short chapter? - Grammatical errors - BxB - Mpreg (Pleas...
37.1K 1.5K 34
A boy who lost his family and who once was like a bubble of sunshine turned into an almost emotionless boy who had lost the spark on his eyes returne...
192K 6.5K 29
"I'm just your servant Minho". "Exactly so you should do as I say". Jisung's life is hectic. He didn't think it couldn't get any worse until his moth...