How It All Started

Per foreverandalways_3

Alex has found the perfect job for going through university, being a Nanny for a wealthy family who really en... Més

Chapter 1- The Meeting
Chapter 2- The First Day
Chapter 3- The Fireworks
Chapter 4- The Explanation
Chapter 5- The Drive
Chapter 6- The Scare
Chapter 7- The Good Luck Charm
Chapter 8- The Surprise
Chapter 9- The Walk
Chapter 10- The Hospital
Chapter 11- The Cabin
Chapter 12- The First Date
Chapter 13- The New Unfound News
Chapter 14- The Dream
Chapter 15- The Fair
Chapter 16- The Dinner
Chapter 17- The Dress
Chapter 18- The Wedding (Part 1)
Chapter 19- The Wedding (Part 2)
Chapter 20- The Goodbye's
Chapter 21- The Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 22- The Visitors
Chapter 23- The Mall
Chapter 24- The Family Reunion
Chapter 25- The Difficult Goodbye
Chapter 26- The Late Night Conversation
Chapter 27- The Hot Air of Arizona
Chapter 28- The Games
Chapter 29- The Sports Interview
Chapter 30- The Fight
Chapter 31- The Failure
Chapter 32- The Next Touch Down In Italy
Chapter 33- The Unexpected Deep Talk
Chapter 34- The Final Goodbye
Chapter 35- The Not So Out Of The Ordinary Things
Chapter 36- The Christmas Spirit
Chapter 37- The Presents
Chapter 39- The Big Surpirse
Epilogue
Thank You All!!
My Newest Story

Chapter 38- The New Year's Eve Party

3.5K 113 4
Per foreverandalways_3

Please read my thing at the bottom THANKS

Chapter 38

After going back to the Carson's house on the twenty-sixth of December, saying a goodbye, or how Shane's Grandmother says it, see you soon. She was something special, she was just so caring and truly a great person.

Right before leaving, Shane's grandma hugged him tightly and whispered something in his ear just quiet enough for him to hear, then she let us go. Smiling and waving out the door as Shane pulled away in my Range Rover.

_______

The past week has been completely relaxing and it been wonderful. I don't think I've been this relaxed in a while, though with it being New Year's Eve day, I realize I need a dress for the party that Shanelle and Blake invited us to tonight.

Coming downstairs holding two dresses in my hands, "which one? I narrowed it down, now you have to pick your favorite," I asked him what dress I should wear and he full out told me that he couldn't choose. Now that I narrowed it down to two, hopefully, he can make up his mind now.

"Well I'm not sure," he grabs his chin as if he's in feel thought, "you're going to have to try them both on,"

Rolling my eyes I run back up the stairs and slip the first one on. Its lose fitting, and it starts out black and fades down into a sliver, grey color. Looking for a piece of jewelry that would with this, I pick up my crescent moon necklace and walk downstairs.

Jumping down the last two steps catches Shane's attention when my feet hit the floor making somewhat of a loud noise.

"Wow, Sweet Cheeks you look amazing, so beautiful," he stares at me before he begins to get up before I know it he's walked over to me with our bodies so close together. I kiss his lips softly looking into his deep blue eyes.

"So you like this one more?" I asked as I playing with his hair at the base of his neck.

"I love them both, you look stunning in both, but this one just seems to fit the mood more," I giggle as he traces his fingers up and down my sides.

"Okay," I smile just before I was going to go up the stairs I stop and turn around. "Are we going to get ready here or at the hotel?" I wonder, my question makes him turn around with a look of concentration.

"Well it really doesn't matter to me, the lady said we could check into our room anytime after 2," he leans up against the railing as I'm up about four steps. "So why not get everything ready now? It's 2 now, we can head out when you want, the hotel isn't far it is just across downtown. Then we can both get ready there,"

"Okay that's good," I smile running up a couple more steps before stopping once again. "Do you want me to put your stuff in the bag too? Or do you want to do it yourself?"

"You know, I'll just come up with you," I giggle as he catches up to me on the steps, tickling my sides trying to make me move faster, which really doesn't work because it just makes me laugh even hard. I end up falling on my hands as I still stand on the stairs.

Once we get up the stairs into our bedroom, Shane goes into the closet and grabs a black button down, along with a grey tie. Smiling at his choice to match he hands it to me to fold. "You know lets not get it wrinkled, I'll put it in the bag with my dress, what pants are you wearing, if they can get wrinkled just put them in here," I put the shirt back on the hanger and put it the bag where my dress is going to be in about two seconds.

"Can I just wear jeans? Or is it really fancy?" He asks me as if he is slightly nervous.

"I'm not really sure, I know it is fancy but do you want me to text Shanelle to find out what Blake is wearing?" I ask as I struggle with the zipper on yet another dress. Shane comes over and slowly zips it down.

"Well I just don't want to be underdressed, but then I don't want to be overdressed," he runs his hand through his yet to be styled hair. He is nervous.

"Shane you really don't have to be nervous, I'll text Shanelle and ask," I kiss his cheek before going over to my bedside table I take off the dress and place is in the long bag that has Shane's shirt and tie in it. I grab my phone off the bedside table and quickly text Shanelle to ask her what Blake is wearing.

Going into the closet where I had first changed into the first dress I tried on, I pick up my leggings and U of T crew neck sweater. I throw my Toms out the door so I don't forget that I want to wear those to the hotel. Picking up the heels that I want to wear with my dress tonight, I place them in the bag that is on the bed. Hearing the ding on my phone signifying that I got a new text message goes off. I walk into the bathroom and begin to gather all my stuff that I need. "Shane my phone just went off, can you go see what Shanelle said?" He laughs at me as I make a weird face at the makeup brush I just picked up, it was all dirty. Dusting it off and being satisfied with the cleanliness of it, I place it in my bag and put the rest of my necessities in there, along with the ones Shane gathered together for himself. Coming back into the room Shane is folding a pair of jeans and putting them in the bag along with my other clothes that I put in there for tomorrow.

"Did you put all my stuff in there?" He asks as I put our toiletries in the bag.

"I did,"

I smile at him and he pulls me in close to me, though just before he seems like he's going to kiss me he whispers, "what would I do without you?" and then proceeds to kiss me.

_______

"So are all these people going to be super high class?" Shane asks as we park my car in front of the expensive hotel. Shane meets me at the front of the car as he hands the keys to my car over to the valet driver.

"Well maybe, some people from high school I knew are going to be here that Shanelle and Blake still talk to, I'm not sure if they are still the same as in high school when their parent paid for everything they ever asked for," I roll my eyes at the thought of some of the girls that I knew in high school and how they are doing now.

"Wait you went to that privet school that's in the middle of downtown?" Nodding and rolling my eyes at the thought of going back to that death hole.

"Every girl in my whole school wished they could have gone there," he laughs as we walk up to the front desk of the fancy hotel. Once we get checked in we make our way to the elevator.

"Everyone was just really stuck up because they knew they had money in their name," rolling my eyes as I push the button for the elevator. Apparently, we are on the twentieth floor.

"I just hope we have a good time," Shane takes my hand in his that isn't occupied by our bags.

"We will," I smile at him as the elevator doors open and we exit down to our room. Opening the door I'm faced with a very expensive looking styled room. Walking in the first thing I see is to my left and it is the bathroom, there are two sinks that are like bowls that are mounted on top the counter with a walk in shower. All the tile is very dark colored and just gives off the feeling of being expensive. Continuing on into the room the wall where the bed is up against is completely covered in dark wood. The window that is overlooking the downtown core is completely glass and seems completely unreal. The flat screen TV is huge and is on the wall hung so perfectly across from the bed. Turning around and facing the bed I see Shane how is now sprawled out on the king-sized bed.

"This is perfect," he smiles from his position.

"It really is," I observe all around me. Walking towards Shane I sit on the edge of the bed before I'm pulled on top of him.

"Cuddle with me," he mumbles into my hair. Giggling, I comply and get up and get under the covers, Shane quickly follows.

"It's only three-thirty, we should order room service in like an hour, eat and then get ready," Shane suggests as he cuddles his face into the side of my neck. "What time does the party start in the ballroom downstairs?"

"Around eight I think," I softly run my fingers up and down his arm earning a small moan. "Shanelle said she wanted to meet up with us before though,"

"Okay, we'll have lots of time," agreeing with him I turn on the TV and flip through the channels before stopping on the video flow from Much Music Countdown. This brings back memories from when we first met. He begins to hum along to a song that I've never heard before I fall asleep.

__

"Yeah that will be all," I hear Shane say trying to be quiet. "Yes thank you," I hear the phone shut off and I quietly turn over to see Shane walking back towards the bed. The bright light from the extra large window is nearly blinding me but I can just see Shane's figure.

"Sorry, did I wake you?"

"No that's okay, how long was I asleep?" I see that the music videos have changed and it seems to be some movies that I've never watched.

"Only about forty-five minutes," nodding at him as he cuddles back into the comfy bed with me. "Did you order room service?"

"I did," he laughs as he wraps his arms around my torso. "I got stuff you will like don't worry,"

"You should probably get in the shower 'cause you take so long," I giggle as he scoffs at me.

"We can after we eat," he wiggles his eyebrows being quite suggestive. Laughing out loud, I pull him down to cuddle with me some more. We're just enjoying each other presence while listening to the random movie that is playing.

After eating most of the food that Shane had ordered he got in the shower and I begin my process of getting ready.

Knocking on the door before entering I need to wash my face and brush my teeth before I apply my make up. Once I'm finished all that, I go out into the room and sit on the chair in front the mirror. My makeup bag sitting on the table to the left of me I begin to apply my concealer and foundation. Continuing on to my blush I lightly apply it to my cheeks just to give off a natural look. I fix up my eyebrows just a tad before moving on to my eye makeup. Picking darker colors to complement my eyes but also to go along with my dress, I use the smokey eye effect. Lastly putting on my mascara, my eyelashes are long enough I don't need fake ones. Swiping some shiny lipstick across my lips, I place everything back in my back up the bag and just as I finish Shane walks out of the steamy bathroom with nothing but a towel. Before he makes it all the way into the room he turns around and turns on the fan for the bathroom so the steam goes away.

"You already did your make up?" Shane asks surprisingly.

"Yeah, well you took a while in the shower," I giggle at his expression. "I'm only teasing you, it didn't take me long," I go into my bag and grab my flat iron and plug it into the wall by the mirror, placing my heat protectant mat on the table. Waiting for it to heat up I turn round and look at Shane as he looks at himself in the mirror. He strokes his hair up so its how he normally styles it, though since it is in the dripping wet state he doesn't stay. "Do you want me to blow dry your hair?"

"Sure, unless you want to do your hair first?"

"No it won't take long to do yours," I get up and walk to the washroom which is now less steamy. It comes to my realization that I'm going to have to stand on the toilet just to be able to see the top of his head. Grabbing the blow dryer I get up on the closed toilet seat and turn on the warm air and begin to run my fingers through his hair.

"You should do this more often," his blonde hair is nearly dry, by the time I'm finished he seems very content.

"There you go," I jump down from the toilet and turn off the blow dryer.

___

After curling my hair lightly into soft curls, I slip on my dress and zip it up, adjusting it so it sits in the right spot. Slipping on the heels I brought I look at myself in the mirror one last time before turning to Shane how is sitting on the bed.

"You look beautiful Sweet Cheeks,"

"You look really handsome too," I walk over to him stepping between his legs, fixing his tie to make it centered. "It's seven thirty, do you want to head down to meet Shanelle and Blake?"

"Yeah sure just let me get my shoes on," nodding I get my purse making sure everything is in it along with a room key and some touch-up makeup just in case. Waiting at the door, I close my new purse Shane got me for Christmas. He takes my hand and opens the door for me waiting for me to exit the room. We walk down the soft carpeted floor until we turn and push the button for the elevator.

"They are staying here too, aren't they?" Shane asks as we enter the lift, pushing the button on the main floor we begin to move down.

"Yeah they are, I can't want to see them, we haven't seen them in forever!" Suddenly excitement is taking over me and I almost can't wait to see the couple. Walking towards the bar I spot Shanelle with Blake sitting close to her with his arm around her.

As we approach them, Shanelle turns around at the sound of my heels. "Oh my gosh!" She gets off the chair and hugs me tightly. "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too!" Letting go of our hug Shane's hand rests on the small of my back as we all converse. "How are you?"

"Well I'm good, I wish I could wear heels, but my feet are so swollen," I giggle as she rolls her eyes. Her loose-fitting deep blue dress hides the small bump that is forming for her little baby.

"At least you won't have sore feet tomorrow," we laugh together, looking over at Shane as he talks to Blake about some sports thing.

"How're things with the perfect couple?" Shanelle teases, my face turns into a serious joking face. Oh my gosh, come on! You guys look perfect together,"

"We're really good actually, everything is perfect," I smile down at my feet.

"I'm so happy for you, you look so happy," I nod agreeing with her. I really haven't been this happy ever. It's great.

"Are you guys ready to walk in fashionably late for this party?" Blake puts his arm around Shanelle squeezing her shoulder lightly.

"What do you mean? I thought it started at eight?" I ask confused.

Shanelle giggles, "Alex honey, when we were in high school did we ever walk into a party on time?" I break into laughter at thoughts of the few parties I was allowed to go to, looking at the clock on the other wall, it's already 9:30. Shaking my head looking up at her, "exactly, everyone will know we're here," she slips off her stool softly, before dragging Blake with her. Leaving Shane and I following her.

"Were you popular in high school?" His voice is surprised and curious.

"Well not really, everyone just knew me, I only liked Shanelle though," shaking my head at the nervousness that is setting in now. "Everyone else was so fake,"

"Are you as nervous as I am?" Shane takes my hand tightly.

"Pretty much," I nervously laugh.

"There is going to be a lot of people from your high school isn't there?"

"Apparently," I take a deep breath as Shanelle guides us to massive doors. There are two men standing in suits who open both doors to let us in. Gasping as I see most of the crowd turn their heads to look at the four of us. Walking in I'm greeted by many people I sadly cannot remember their names.

"Alex! Oh my goodness it's been so long!" A tall brunette girl comes up to me a hugs me tightly. "How are you?"

"I'm good, you?" I ask politely back. I remember her now. It's Jenny, one of the only other normal people that went to the whole high school.

"I'm pretty good, now who is this?" She turns her attention to Shane.

"This is my boyfriend Shane, Shane this is Jenny," I introduce them. They both say their 'nice to meet you's'.

"Well, I'll see you both around," nodding she walks away talking to someone else almost immediately.

Walking around with Shane, trying to find something to drink I'm suddenly stepped on and pushed into Shane. "I'm so sorry I didn't see you there," the guy quickly turns around and apologizes.

"Oh its okay don't worry about it," I look up to see a pair of brown eyes that I did not want to see tonight.

"Oh wow Alex, you must have gotten even more beautiful," his voice gives me goosebumps in all the wrong ways. Shane's arm is still wrapped around my waist holding me to his side, that's probably the only thing saving me from crying right now.

"Save it, Carter," I take Shane's hand and begin to pull him away before my arm is grabbed from behind me twisting me around to face Carter yet again. "Leave me alone," I rip my arm out of his grasp. This time Shane gets between the two of us.

"Oh look who finally got themselves a boyfriend! Finally grew up I see?" Grabbing Shane's arm away from whatever action he was just about to perform.

"Please, Shane let's just go," I try pulling him away again, he just turns around and looks at me.

"Who is this guy?" He asks his eyes wild.

"A guy I used to know," I tell him, his blue eyes staring into mine.

"Oh no don't leave out the details, you know you wanted to be with me, but you were too scared of your daddy," Carter's voice mockingly comes from around Shane.

"Can you shut up you don't know anything!" Shane's voice is loud, and people turn to look from around us. The music is loud but so are their voices. I don't want this to get out about my father. So many things could go wrong with people in this room knowing that my dad used to abuse me. All their rich families have connections. I knew this was a bad idea.

"You would be surprised at what I know," Carter grins around Shane to look at me. His eyes are the same, the same as they were since we met, its almost as if they portray him as caring and gentle, you'd have to get to know him to know the real him.

Shane turns to look at me, "what does he know about you?"

"Lots," I look down almost ashamed of my actions from my teenage years. Being so naive and trusting him so easily. He made it so easy to trust him. But he turned out to be another person.

"Can you just leave her alone?" Shane is standing beside his hand tight in mine. Carter is built, but that's it. I'm pretty sure if he got him a fight he would end up crying about his expansive suit being dirty.

"Or what pretty boy what are you going to do to me?" Carter seems like he's trying to play it cool, but the way his eyes are moving so fast, almost anyone could plant a finger on him and he might start to cry.

A few gasps are heard seconds after Carter's reply catching peoples attention. "Is that Shane Carson? This the Shane the boxes?" A girls voice comes from behind me. Turning around two girls with their eyes trained on Shane, with his hand in mine he turns a little bit before nodding and turning back to Carter who's eyes seem to be on fire.

"You're a Carson? I knew she wouldn't settle for anyone," his laugh is felt and so annoying. Being completely overwhelmed I pull Shane's arm close to me. My breathing becoming irregular. This seems to catch Shane's attention. He turns to face me. "Look at her, she's always been an attention whore, she wouldn't even let her boyfriend have a few fans without getting jealous,"

Shane takes my hand in his farthest one, while the other one wraps around my waist. We walk away from the whole scene before he finds a booth for four against a window that is still I'm the ballroom. I'm lightheaded and all the horrible moments in high school are coming back.

"We don't have to talk about what happened right now, but how about we forget about it at the moment and have a good time. How are you feeling?" Shane puts his arm around me and leans his head against mine.

"I'm okay, I want to have a good night tonight too," I push the thoughts away of what just happened. I really didn't want to see anyone from my past let alone the guy who used to practically stalk me.

"Okay good," he smiles his bright blue eyes shining. "Because its already almost midnight and I want to get something to drink," we both get up and find the bar.

"What can I get the two of you?" The man behind the counter asks.

"Can I just have a Sprite please?" He nods before looking to Shane.

"Baby would you mind if I had a drink? Just one? I know you don't like it but I promise its only one," he leans down to ask me.

"Yeah that's okay," I know Shane can control himself. Although I know before he knew me, he used to party. A lot. He can handle himself.

"Of course I don't mind," I squeeze his hand in reassurance.

He orders something that I didn't catch the name of, but the bartender is quick at making it and we are off walking around again.

"Look at the big countdown they have on the wall," I point at the wall we are facing. It has a spotlight with the minutes counting down until the New Year.

"Only three more minutes until a brand new year," Shane smiles as he takes a sip out of his cup. This place is too fancy to have plastic cups, so of course, they are expensive looking glasses.

"I can't wait," our hands are connected. Looking at him from head to toe, I can't believe he's all mine. He's so special to me and it's amazing to what we have come to.

"Ten! Nine!" The crowd around us screams.

"This is going to be the best year yet," his hand comes around my waist making me come close to him.

"You're going to make it the best, you're honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me," he smiles at me as we seem to begin to sway back and forth.

"Five! Four!" People are screaming at the top of their lungs.

"I love you so much," he whispers to me, even though all the commotion around us, I still managed to his soft voice perfectly.

"I love you too," I smile so wide at him.

"Two! One!"

"Happy New Year!" We say to each other his hand holding his drink pulls me close by my waist, his other hand comes up to my cheek. Kissing me so softly and passionately.

"I can't wait to spend this year and many to come with you," Shane hugs me so tight. I couldn't picture this any other way.

______________

love YAs talk later

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2.2K 244 26
"Grandmother, what big ears you have." Chuckling at my own joke, I looked down at the wolf when I felt his tail tapping on my wrist and was met wi...
If You Love Me Per Hannah Cook

Literatura romàntica

1.8K 117 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
366K 2.9K 35
{{Believe in the unimaginable when it comes to love.}} Jane was just an ordinary girl when one day everything came crushing down her life. She lost h...
4.2K 200 39
(UNEDITED) Him: And she had me then, tangled in her integrate web, I wanted to find out more about her, everything about her. Thaw the iced glaze ov...