Dazai x reader 'Police Office...

By march_xoxo

"...Damn, you know you look pretty sexy in that police uniform" the male in front of you commented, his eye t... More

Intro
Attached
Another day
Approval
Case closed
Arcade
Rose
Taking responsibility
Bad news
Sick
Can't think
Meeting
Haru
Conceal
Reveal

Lets dance

2.2K 70 51
By march_xoxo

Hey...

Have you heard, there's a recent rumour about someone named...

The grim reaper

No. Well, let me tell you this...never under any circumstances, decide to cross paths with the grim reaper.

Why?...

Well, let's say you'll suffer more then just an agonising death.

What exactly is the grim reaper?...

Well, truth is no one knows much about them, no one even knows the gender, that's just how good the grim reaper is at keeping their identity top secret, people would pay hundreds to get even the smallest detail.

Some doubt they're really human, others believe the grim reaper could overpower more then ten organisations, some even conclude that they are just some myth to scare the powerful.

But...wanna know the most well known fact about the grim reaper...

No one ever lives to tell the tale

  ...

Another day.

More accumulated paperwork.

More investigation requests.

More nonsense.

Yep, just another day at the police department.

"Ok, what's wrong?" sora questioned leaning back on his chair to catch a glimpse of the H/c head's expression.
She turned over towards the male, expressing a vacant look with dark eye bags and a somewhat pale complexion. Yet, guys can't even tell the difference and still continue to compliment her 'great looks'.

"Ah, Y/n san, great work lately, I never knew you would bother working overtime" she glanced towards the owner of the comment before scoffing once it was some officer she has only seen a few times.

She turned back to sora and sighed "nothing sora kun" she reassured with a wave of her hand though as anticipated the male doubted her words.

'What could possible be bothering her?'

'She's been like this for a week' he thought tapping his pen onto the table, thinking of possible issues that could cause someone who couldn't even bother working for even a minute to slowly start working overtime.

'Maybe family problems...nah, Y/n chan and her small family get along well, could it be...him' he paused once realising what his thoughts had led him to.
Once he thinks about it, that mafia guy was really the only one able to block off Y/n's actions and predictions. He even managed to get her on a date, just what does that guy want from her.

'Should I be worried' he thought running his hand through his hair taking one glimpse towards the H/c head before returning his gaze back to his desk.

'I mean, Y/n chan has always been a capable person and if there's one thing I learnt, it's that she hates people who look down on her'

"Y/n san, chief is calling for you" Y/n raised her head before huffing once noticing captains' smug look, as if he had finally won some imaginary competition that only he knew existed. (how petty)

"Just letting you know he seemed...mad-"

"—distressed, don't mix it up"

He flinched at her snappy tone before muttering a few cuss words and walked off.

She sighed before making her way towards the police chief's office with an unfazed look.

...

"What is it old man?" she questioned closing the door then eyed his shaking figure.

"I Information is being leaked" he stuttered gripping onto his papers and as she foreseen, had a distressed expression
"Hm, I heard. It isn't about you so why are you so worried" she commented placing a hand onto her hip and sighing, she really didn't want to be dragged into a situation like this.
"Y/n, this isn't about me, it's about how in the world information like that was able to spread so drastically" he murmured widening his E/c eyes that were practically shaking with his figure.

She groaned whilst rubbing her temples "good luck with that than" she muttered preparing to walk out but only rested her hand onto the cold handle once hearing her name being called out in a tone that disguised itself to be menacing but was truely only desperate and greedy.

"Your family will get dragged into this" he forewarned meeting his gaze with hers, putting on a serious expression as if he was sure he hit a sort of nerve, he couldn't afford to lose her from his side, not during this distressing time. 
She stared towards the man she grimaces to call uncle before averting eye contact "nah, as long as I'm here, they won't" she reassured lifted her hand to stick the middle finger as a sign of goodbye and walked out without a care in the world.

"Y You good?"

"...yeah, he was just nagging a lot"

...

'Tireddddddd'

Y/n rested her head onto the cold railings and sighed once her head began pounding due to the lack of rest "Fuck everything, why is working so hard?" she groaned proceeding to punch the railings to reduce the sudden wave of frustration but only causing her hand to flush red.

"My my, what got you so upset?" she paused her movements before slowly lifting her gaze to meet the same handsome face wrapped in bandages.
She scrunched her nose but only sighed, resting her chin onto the cold metal, her E/c eyes practically piercing the water.
"I don't even have the energy to swear at you" she murmured ignoring his delightful hum.

"This time, do you actually want to talk about it?" he suggested genuinely, resting his arms onto the railing while leaning right beside her, not that she really cared anymore.
She put some thought into it before groaning "I have nothing to talk about,especially with you" she commented and in the spur of the moment proceeded to climb onto the railings without a care in the world.

The male widened his eyes at her bold movements before smiling. "What are you doing?" he questioned tilting his head once she took a few steps back and outspread her arms to keep balance.

She hummed before grinning "Can the waste of bandages dance?" she questioned reaching out her hand towards the male, placing strands of her hair behind her ear and mustered a grin, the sun's setting rays hitting her figure just right.

At this moment to dazai she seemed like a girl straight out of his dreams shining as bright as ever. He found this women truly mesmerising...so how could he possibly leave her intact. Ha, there was clearing something wrong with his mind.

He returned a grin before collapsing his hand onto her own, using both their strength to stand onto the railings successfully.

"This is crazy"

"That's the point dumbass"

(No one in their right mind would dance on a railing that holds a body of water below, yet I think this is romantic as fuck)

They halt their movements for a moment before proceeding to get in position, ready for the said dance. " Can Officer L/n even dance?" dazai questioned with a snicker, as if this was a last second thought from the H/c head.
She raised her brow towards the male before shaking her head. "We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?" she remarked with a smirk causing the male to fall silent then muster a smile.

"Sure"

And with that, they began intertwining their fingers together, dazai placing his hand onto her hip while Y/n placed hers onto his shoulder. They took a few steps forward then continued backwards and proceeded repeating these steps for a while in hopes of getting used to their own rhythm.

Since they were currently dancing onto a rather thin piece of metal that could possible break any moment due to their weight and limited most movements, made it somewhat difficult for them both, yet they didn't complain, maybe they were actually enjoying themselves and the challenge not to fall.

People from afar took the movements as a dance before death, others thought it was an act of romance (me) or just some weird ass street performance, either way, the judgment didn't bother the two since they simply didn't give a fuck. (as they should)

There was no signs of music, just the smoothing sounds of the waves clashing onto the shore and birds flying about. Yet, it was as though they had composed their very own melody, with their own tunes and beats running along in their minds.
They can hear it. Through their intertwined bodies to their touching hands then from their rapidly beating hearts . They can heart it well.

"So you can dance" he commented quickly turning around and took two steps back, Y/n following right behind.

"Of course, why would I offer a dance if I had no idea what I'm doing, I have a sense of dignity you know" he laughed at her frustrated expression, slowly trailing his hand that was on her hip to her face and began rubbing onto her forehead lightly.
"Don't furrow your eyebrows so much" he says with a charming smile somehow allowing the female to relax with the smoothing contact.

She sighed before letting out a yelp of distress once he trailed his arm around her waist and forced her body to hover above the body of water. "Careful, I might drop you" he commented playfully with a grin, tightening his grip onto her hand and bending over a little more to make the female feel the sense of uneasiness and possibly rely on him to save her.

Yet...she mustered a thin smile.
"Whoops" she murmured grabbing the males' tie and proceeded to lean back until she was practically falling, dazai just on top of her completely stunned.

'Ah, how stupid'

Splash!

...

She gasped for air once finally laying down on a surface area and watched as the male crawled over to a wall to rest his back onto, droplets were invading her eyesight and her breathing began to deepen, but nonetheless she prepared her words.

"Cough cough who goes and jumps into a river without attempting to reach for the surface"

"I didn't tell you I was suicidal did I. And we fell not jumped"

"YOU'RE FUCKING WHAT?!"

She sighed before attempting to dry out her hair and clothes from all the water they soaked in. "God, I literally had to save you, now every part of my body is sore" she complained gritting her teeth in dismay while flapping her hands to dry off the water.

"So mean, you're supposed to be happy you had the chance to save a suicidal man like myself, it gives me this sense of wanting to live a bit longer" he commented placing his hands onto his face while pouting just as an act to earn the woman's sympathy.

She stared at the male with a dumbfounded look with her brow twitching. Although her gaze carefully trailed down to a tear into his sleeve. She squinted, trying to discerning any traces of blood.

'What an idiot, at the same time I'm one to blame too' she thought staring at her drenched sleeve before sighing and proceeded to rip it off with ease.

She crawled over to the male who began to utter highly inappropriate jokes once she hastily grabbed onto his arm and lifted his ripped sleeve to examine the wound.

"It must hurt doesn't it?" she questions in a faint tone, raising her brow once layers of bandages currently dripping with water hung onto his arm, as if desperate to stay on.
Dazai tilted his head before laughing "doesn't hurt when you get use to it" he commented giving her permission to unwrap the bandages.

She furrowed her brows at both his nonchalant words and the rather light wounds on his arm that don't seem to be self inflicted, injures such as these were able to heal in a week or two, so why would he be wearing so many layers...

She snapped out of her thoughts once comprehending his last words again and stared at his dark hazel eyes with a vacant look.
"Did you just say you are use to pain?" she inquired with a tilted head, etching a deathly looking gaze into the male's eyes.
He muttered an 'oh' at the complete shift of her attitude. He smirked, deciding to play along with her act hoping to receive fascinating results in the end. "Maybe~" he commented with a sly smile, aching for her next motives.

She grit her teeth in frustration before gripping onto his collar and without hesitation raised her hand to slap the male. He widened his eyes once she gave him three painful thwacks to the face which caused his cheek to flush red and sting.
It wasn't that he was taken aback by the slaps, he had mostly always ended up being hit by most girls he had slept with due to his...shitty personality. No, it was mostly the fact that her slaps felt more like innumerable punches to the face. (mind you she wasn't even trying)

He slowly turned his face towards the H/c head who placed her hand onto her lap and sighed, as if he were her free punching bag to relieve stress. "How about now, are you use to that?" she questioned proceeding to wrap her ripped sleeve tightly onto his wounded arm.

She raised a brow once the male started his sentence with an 'I' but chose not to continue until he had recalculated his thoughts.
"I'm...so happy I can tick off an option from my bucket list" he exclaimed brightly, cheering like an enthusiastic child.

She felt her lips part and her eyes widen "DUMBASS!" she yelled before bonking his head numerous times.

"THAT'S TWO!"

"SHUT UP!"

...

"Done" she muttered pulling down his sleeves before sighing at the sight of the ripped area.

"If you want...I could fix it for you" she suggested knowing she should take full responsibility for her improper actions.
The male hummed before chuckling "wow, Y/n can be so nice when she wants to...it's alright, I never liked this coat anyways" he commented waving his hand in reassurance.

"Is that partly the reason why you won't wear it properly?"

"Now now this is like a sense of fashion"

"I see your senses don't stretch out far"

"RUDE"

"Hey have you heard that rumour thats been going around the streets lately?"

.

.

.

.

.

They both stared at the two girls who were currently speaking of the infamous rumour going around the city and both furrowed their brows "sounds stupid" they said in union earning a confused glance from one another.

"You think it's stupid?" they continued together, both taken back by each other's words.

"How do you know about it?" they continued anew.

"..."

"..."

"Shut up"

"Y/n is hot"

"What?"

"Nothing"

She sighed, rubbing her temples like she has been doing for the past days, her headache from previously starting to worsen. "I'm guessing the rumour is spreading wildfire in the underworld?" she commented exhaustedly, trailing her fingers to pinch the bridge of her nose.

He nodded before turning his head to the street lights flashing on "oh my, it's already late" he muttered slowly hoisting up and suddenly sneezed.

"It's all Y/n's fault, I have to deal with a failed suicide attempt and the harsh cold" he whined wiping his forehead once droplets of water ran down his face, at this rate he could actually get sick.
"You're right, I guess I'm sorry" she muttered also standing up, rubbing her nape.

"Let me make it up to you, come over" she offered walking over to the stairs before turning around noticing the male not following behind.
He blinked a few times before laughing "y you know if you were living alone I would've totally took the offer the wrong way" he commented honestly, bending over and laughing his ass off as if it were that funny. What a lack of humour he has.

"You're so stupid"

"Hey, I wasn't the one offering to dance on railings"

"I'm not the idiot who went along with it"

"...true true"

I like the dance and slap part—
Peace ✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 119K 41
Someone walks into the room but I cannot see its face. It looks like a man and by the look of his posture, he seems very important. "Why were you...
56.2K 2.1K 52
-Dazai x Fem!Reader- (Trope:Friends to Lovers) Content may contain mentions of sexual/suggestive actions, violence (including abuse), language, suici...
40.8K 1.7K 18
[ COMPLETED ] "š™š™š š™›š™šš™–š™§š™Ø š™”š™¤š™¤š™Øš™žš™£š™œ š™¢š™® š™§š™šš™Øš™„š™šš™˜š™©, š™„ š™›š™šš™–š™§ š™—š™šš™žš™£š™œ š™—š™¤š™Ŗš™£š™™ š™©š™¤ š™š™žš™¢" Reminder: āš ļø Various BSD x Male R...
428 38 16
"HEY," I shouted angrily which caused them to stop what they were doing and look at me as if I was crazy. "I'm talking to you dumbass let him go," I...