The Black Sheep | George Weas...

By Sydney3027

Lyra Malfoy has always felt like a stranger in her family, she felt misplaced. As she feels torn between hers... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight (Explicit)
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Epilogue

Sixty-Three: Wedding

10.9K 356 112
By Sydney3027

It was late notice, but Lyra ran to a bridal shop under disguise and right before closing, she grabbed a white dress that seemed simple and yet beautiful. It had a pettycoat underneath that flared the skirt that ended at her calves. It had an oval neckline like many vintage wedding dresses from the 1960s and was sleeveless. It reminded her of something Audrey Hepburn would wear.

She had a matching short princess coat to wear over her dress. Every lady had gloves, she just wore an old pair she had in her trunk. She turned her black cat-heel shoe white for the the occasion. She changed the color of her fascinator and the color of it's wiry veil.

Lyra could hardly sleep that night. She had to wake up before dawn, get dressed and leave with Angelina to an unknown place.

She hadn't eaten a thing as she woke at five in the morning. She quickly took her hair out of rollers and brushed out her curls to make them look pretty and neat, that took some time. Then she quickly put on a glamour charm for makeup and made her black hair stay put. She put on her many layers of clothing, she was lucky it was getting colder as autumn started to settle in.

She popped to the front door where Angelina was in a simple dress. She was hugging her coat to her form. She seemed tired as well.

"Ready?" She whispered.

Lyra's stomach was in knots. She couldn't believe this was happening. She had felt a creeping anxiety attack coming along, if she didn't take a calming drought, she'd be a shaking mess.

"Yes," Lyra answered.

Angelina grabbed her arm and they disapparated.

When Lyra felt her feet hit the ground, her breath shook despite the potion. There was a pavement walkway right down to where George stood in a suit and tie. On either side of the walkway were beech trees that were large and had twisty branches that stood ominously. But it was private. She could hear mourning doves calling in the distance as the sun was now creeping over the horizon, lighting the sky in orange light and making England look golden.

Lyra felt her legs grow weak as she sees them. Fred in a long black robe with a leather book in his hand. Lee stood behind George in a suit and on the opposite side was Alicia, who she imagined still felt gravely guilty. Despite the tension, they need witnesses.

"Don't look so pale, rich girl." Angelina smirked teasingly.

"I'm afraid, I'm not rich anymore." Lyra told her with a shaky chuckle.

"George hasn't slept all night. I don't think any of the boys did." Angelina said as they started to slowly walk down the pavement. "Lee swiped some wedding papers from the Ministry. He flirted his way into getting it." They giggled lightly. "Fred quickly became an officiate, which isn't hard at all actually. He basically had to learn one bloody spell. Alicia set up the setting and showed lots of remorse by baking all night for after the wedding. I barely did anything but put a dress on and learn your address." She sighed heavily. "You look beautiful by the way, for a prat."

"I'll take it, pauper."

Angelina gasped before bursting out into a laugh. They nearly made it to them, just a few more steps... and she's handed off to George.

She stood before her boyfriend, shortly made fiance. This was mad. They kept fighting and on the brinks of breaking up, but he loves her so much and wanted to protect her, that he is marrying her. She wished she had more of a choice, but choices aren't given to people during war.

Fred pulled out a velvet ribbon and with the couple's joined hands, he binded them together. "There, now she can't run away." Fred teased.

Angelina joined behind the scared Lyra. George smiled at her as if she was the most enchanting thing he had ever bloody seen.

"Good," George jested.

She gave him a shaky smile. She couldn't stomach humor in a time like this. That potion did nothing, maybe it was wearing off.

"Dearly beloved and witnesses, we are gathered here because these wankers are eloping because of Lord Fuckface-" Fred was interrupted.

"Can you be a little more romantic?" George asked him sternly.

Fred rolled his eyes. "-Because they are young and in love, better?"

"Much,"

"Now, the Groom and Bride have vows they'd like to exchange." Fred announced, giving them the floor. "Ladies first,"

Lyra's brain went blank and she started to stagger over her words. She took a deep breath and decided to just go for it. "I-I didn't like George at first. I thought he was reckless, arrogant, careless, and an ass. He it most of those things." She grinned as people chuckled. "But slowly, I saw something else. I saw a caring person who could feel even for a mean, rich, snobby girl. He teased me, but not with menace. He started to grow onto me. And this annoying boy, he was entertaining, he was brave and so bloody free. I wanted a taste of his freedom. I wished to walk the corridors with pure authenticity. I started to fall for him. For some reason, he saw something in me too. I am so lucky to have George in my life. He made me braver, he helped me show my true colors. He showed that being authentic isn't a bad thing and I shouldn't care what anyone else has to say about it. I'm marrying the key who unlocked my golden cage. I vow to love you, to protect you, to hold you and take care of you as you've done for me. Life is too short not to marry the arrogant boy you envied."

A tear fell from George's eye that had been wanting to break free. He let out a shaky breath and let go of her other hand to pull a wrinkled sheet of parchment out of his breast pocket.

"I used to hate Lyra Druella Malfoy-" Lyra started laughing through the tears. "She was a rich, purist brat. She had too many silk dresses and had never heard the word no her entire life. But then I realized, she was like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. She was capable to see the errors of her ways as anyone is able to do. I learned that people don't remain the same, they change and evolve and I was watching her grow. I learned she was annoyingly smart and was such a know-it-all. I learned she did have too many silk dresses, but she also had a good heart. She was kind and I wish I could've hated her, but I couldn't. She also was beautiful. Her eyes were so blue, I wanted to dive in and take a swim. Her smile was infectious and she was so... perfect. She was uptight and a huge prude, but she also made me cautious. She stopped me from doing so many stupid things, things that may have gotten me killed. She taught me that cashmere came from goats, not bunnies and not all gold is pure gold. Sometimes they mix other metals to make it cheaper- who knew! She made me study and get at least a passing grade on my homework. She taught me how to spell words like decision and definitely. I fell in love with her. I was absolutely smitten and I still am. Each kiss makes me melt, each laugh makes me warm. She is all I think about day and night. She is who I want to make proud, who I want to impress. I love you, Lyra Malfoy. I love you so bloody much. I vow to protect you, to love you, to worship the ground you walk on- to take care of you. I vow to do all those things and more."

Her cheeks streaked with hot tears. She let out a whimper. He gave her hand a small comforting squeeze. She had an inkling the girls helped him write it, but it was still so beautiful.

Fred wiped a tear from his eye. "You bastards are making me cry." He cleared his throat. "Lyra, do you take George to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him forevermore?"

"I do," She vowed.

"Now, Georgie, do you take Lyra to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto her forevermore?"

"I do," George vowed.

Fred pulled a pouch out of his pocket and opened it up. "Now, George and Lyra will exchange rings as a symbol of their love and commitment to each other. Or for the time being." George stomped on Fred's foot for that little add-on. "Oof! Only joking!" He shook his foot out and handed George the sapphire ring. "George, please place the ring on Lyra's left hand and repeat after me:
As a sign of my love-"

“As a sign of my love-" George started slipping the ring onto her finger.

"-That I have chosen you-"

"-That I have chosen you-”

"-Above all else-"

“-Above all else-” George continued to repeat.

"-With this ring, I thee wed-"

"-With this ring, I thee wed.” The ring was finally slipped fully on as George finished his repetition.

Lyra was next, repeating it all, except slipping a silver band onto his finger with her shaky hand.

"It is my honor to declare you officially married!" Fred announced. "You may kiss the pretty bride!"

George wrapped his arm around her middle and tugged her forward. He pressed his lips to hers in a concealing kiss. Fred simultaneously created a rain of stars over the newlyweds. Lyra felt a star tickle her nose and caused her to giggle.

The two looked into each other's red eyes. They were officially married, well, almost.

"Now, Love birds, sign your names here." Fred handed Lyra the quill first as the velvet ribbon was pulled loose.

She wrote: Lyra Malfoy-Weasley (because why did she have to give up her last name?

George signed his name as well. The papers illuminated in a golden light, securing the marriage.

Alicia grabbed the camera and took a few photos of the new couple. At that moment Lyra wished she had flowers to hold.

"Congratulations!" Alicia hugged her close. "I'm sorry for almost ruining your relationship on accident."

"It's alright, as long as you didn't fuck my husband, we're good." Lyra told her.

"Time to fucking eat!" Lee announced.

They went back to Angelina and Alicia's flat. They put on a record and dug into a white cake Alicia baked. There was a photo taken of them cutting into the simple wedding cake.

After eating the chocolate cake, Lyra danced with her new husband. He twirled her around and pulled her close, making her laugh.

Lee and Alicia danced and Fred asked Angelina to dance.

When Lyra and George finally fell asleep on the couch, her curled up under his arm and Lee and Alicia chatted and laughed, still Fred and Angelina slow danced, no matter the song.

Despite the situation, it was a good wedding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 10.3K 29
"It's one of the commandments after all Harry, love thy enemy." "I'm pretty sure that's not one of the commandments Ginny." "Oh whatever, he knows w...
370K 14.8K 29
Follow Emma into her sixth year. Getting more comfortable with the Weasley family, more comfortable with accepting the fact that Harry is her brother...
3.4M 94.5K 99
Draco Malfoy fic in a Hogwarts universe where Voldy doesn't exist and everyone is alive and well. ✩ π™’π™Šπ™‰π˜Ώπ™€π™π™’π˜Όπ™‡π™‡: Somebody who is the reason...
599K 7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...