The 9 Millimeter Kiss

By dalisjinx

Recovery Girl had finally managed to find a successor. A boy by the name Yuki Satori. Yuki has gone through p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Character Info.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25*
Chapter 26*
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Character Info. pt.2
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
A/N

Chapter 66

4.9K 320 90
By dalisjinx

"So I was thinking," Yuki excitedly pulled a chair next to Recovery Girl, who was in the middle of doing paperwork. "Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday I do interning stuff. Wednesday, Friday's training with Aizawa and Sunday, Monday's rest."

"Did you look over the requests already?" she questioned, raising a brow in suspicion.

"Yes. All was planned, mapped, and timed." Yuki quickly replied as he held out the stack of requests he would be doing for the following weeks. "I also filled out a request form to use my scooter back at my residence as a means of transportation," he added with a small smile.

Yuki patiently waited as she began flipping through the paperwork; his sticky notes with dates written on them sat on the top corner.

Truth be told, Recovery Girl hadn't intended for him to take part in this work study. Yuki had plenty of experience and after having seen him being carried to the nurse office looking so sickly, she was worried what would happen if she should allow him to work long hours as he did during the internships.

"Aren't you doing too much?" She worryingly asked him.

Yuki's face morphed to that of confusion. "I don't think so. This is the most I could manage to sneak into my schedule." he told her. He'd tried his hardest to fit in more but scheduling wise, it just couldn't happen.

"Yuki-kun, you're just recovering from--"

"Chiyo-sensei, I'm fine. Look," Yuki tucked his hair behind his ears and placed his palm on his forehead. "My fever's gone!"

"Yuki-kun, that's not how it works." Recovery Girl scolded.

The boy only laughed. "I know. But my quirk doesn't normally let me get sick. You know this, sensei. I'll be fine." Yuki assured her.

Recovery Girl still looked unsure.

"Please~" Yuki clapped his hands together as he slightly bowed. "I know I'll be fine. I promise to eat right and sleep as much as possible--"

"You'll fall behind again--"

"I've already checked in with Aizawa-sensei and he said it was fine." Yuki looked up at her with a grin. "I just need the green light from you, too."

"He did not!" she gasped.

"He did." Yuki confirmed triumphantly.

Recovery Girl was about to turn down all paperwork when Yuki threw himself onto the floor for a deep and traditional bow. "PLEASE! CHIYO-SENSEI!"

"Satori Yuki!" she shouted, slamming the paperwork down.

"Please! I Beg of You!" he sincerely begged.

She let out a heavy sigh, "I can't with good consciousness let you--!"

"I need this, Chiyo-sensei." Yuki looked up at her.

Recovery Girl could only feel her blood boil. "Absolutely not!" she shouted. "Even if you are my successor, I won't let you push yourself this far beyond your limits any more!"

"Chiyo-sensei! Please--"

"No! And my word is final."

"Please, Chiyo-sensei." Yuki continued to beg her. "I need some time to myself."

"You have your own room in the dorms, do you not?" she snapped, neatly reorganizing the files back into their place. Refusing to even look at him.

"I need something to keep me busy--"

"Go ask for more homework then."

"Chiyo-senei--" Yuki ducked out of the way as her signature syringe cane swooped down.

"Yuki." Recovery Girl sternly spoke. Her lips thinned out and brows in a deep frown. "I am well aware of what you are trying to do."

Yuki lightly returned the frown.

She continued, "You cannot continue to work like this when you have internal struggles going on. You might have been working yourself to the bone before this school year but I will not allow it to happen under my supervision. I'll make sure it won't happen again without my permission so long as you're attending this school."

Her cane then pointed at his face. "Your quirk depends on a sound mind, body, and soul. If you continue to push onto how stressful you can get while working around the clock you will work yourself to death even before you reach my age!"

Yuki clenched his jaw. He needed to work. He needed to help others as much as he could.

"It's clear you need some time to sort things out but pushing everything aside and working non-stop is not the answer."

"I completely understan--"

"Do you? Because if you continue that sentence with 'but I still want to work.' then you don't understand."

Yuki held his tongue. His reluctance clearly written all over his face as Recovery Girl refused to be the first look away.

"What if I only do four--"

"YUKI!"

* * *

That happened yesterday afterschool.

Yuki was now sitting in class, still moping over the fact he wouldn't be able to intern at all. With his backpack on the table, he used it as a pillow while releasing an audible sigh every so often.

"Yuki-kun! It would be appreciated if we all looked present and attentive when class starts!" Iida shouted, chopping through nothing in particular.

Yuki lifted his head off the backpack, "And it would be appreciated if you learned a new volume called 'Shut the fu--"

"Yuki-kun!" Uraraka scolded before he even finished.

"I take it you heard bad news from Recovery Girl?" Tsuyu piped in.

"Yeah." Yuki quickly admitted.

"Class is about to start!" Iida shouted once again, this time a little way away from Yuki.

He pulled his backpack down just before Aizawa walked in with his sleeping bag in hand.

"Morning..." Aizawa droned.

"Good Morning, Aizawa-sensei!"

Yuki went from leaning over his desk to leaning back into his chair. For a brief moment, he made eye contact with Aizawa who seemed to look particularly more annoyed this morning.

"Announcements." The homeroom teacher began, "About the hero work studies that are like a more serious version of the internships, where you go to, where pro heroes work and help them..." a sigh followed, and Yuki couldn't help but suddenly feel responsible for the following.

"We talked about them at our faculty meeting yesterday, and almost all the teachers including the principal thought you shouldn't do them." Aizawa quickly glanced over to Yuki who only looked away with slight guilt.

"WHAT?!"

"After we had that big meeting about it?" Kirishima cried out. Yuki allowed himself to slide down his chair.

"But thinking about why we ended up in the dorms, I guess that makes sense..." Kaminari replied.

"Serve you right!" Bakugo jumped out of his seat. An undignified grin spread across his face.

He's just jealous. Yuki thought grouchingly.

"But some think we won't be able to raise strong heroes without current policies, so we came to the decision that first years will only be allowed to go to agencies with a good track record of accepting work study students." Aizawa added.

Does that mean I can still go if I convince Recovery Girl they're good agencies...?

"I wonder if Gunhead's place will work..." Uraraka asked herself.

"Maybe I'll try contacting Selkie..." Tsuyu excitedly wondered.

"Damn It!" Bakugo screamed again.

-.-.-

As the day progressed, Yuki grew restless as he was in deep thought. His fidgeting was apparent to the point Uraraka and Iida had shot worried glances every couple minutes. During lunch, he looked as though he was just somewhere else. Iida every now and then asked him what was wrong but Yuki only replied with subtle nods and light grunts of acknowledgement. Because running through his head were ways he could convince Recovery Girl to allow him to do work study. As he went to take another bite of his rice he was suddenly struck with a brilliant idea.

"Holy shit!" Yuki gasped, his smile as wide and full of enlightenment.

"Language!" Iida scolded.

"I need to go--"

"Yuki-kun you need to eat!" Uraraka reminded him.

"I know! I'll be back before lunch ends. I just need to send an email real quick." Yuki told them as he got up and sprinted out of the cafeteria towards the library.

Yuki was now visibly relaxed.

Uraraka worried about what he might have done. Iida was rather curious as to what had calmed him down within the span of 10min he'd left from the cafeteria. Both in all sincerity had expected him to rush out the door afterclass to see Recovery Girl again and talk her into letting him join in on the work study, but he didn't. Instead, as he calmly packed his things there was a small announcement over the intercom.

"Will Satori Yuki please report to the Principal's office."

"Yuki-kun! What kind of trouble did you get into!" Iida immediately scolded, not even bothering to acknowledge the fact his friend held a mischievous and triumphant grin.

Slinging his backpack over his shoulder he casually saluted, "I'll see you guys back at the dorms." and left. Leaving not only his friends, but the entirety of his classmates to simmer in curiosity.

-.-.-

"You called for me, Principal Nezu?" Yuki casually smiled upon poking his head into the office. Besides Nezu, Recovery Girl and Aizawa stood in the room. Their faces held a look of displeasure and hesitance.

"Satori-kun!" The small ball of fur greeted him, his paws holding onto a cup of tea. "Please, come in!"

Yuki gladly obliged, closing the door behind him and calmly walking up and standing between Recovery girl and Aizawa.

"Satori-kun, I heard Recovery Girl has denied you permission to participate in the work study, is that correct?" Nezu asked.

"Yes. That's correct. However, I made sure to check in with Aizawa-sensei before consulting Chiyo-sensei."

"And Aizawa allowed you to participate?" Neze queried.

Yuki confidently nodded, "That is correct."

"I Oppose!" Recovery Girl shouted, bringing her syringe cane down.

"I too oppose after yesterday's discussion." Aizawa piped in.

Yuki continued to smile despite the refusals.

"He's just barely recuperating from getting sick for the first time in years!"

"We can't risk having a student travel from city to city without an escort of some sort."

"What good will it do him if he gets sick again?!"

"This was one of the main reasons we even had the students move into dorms!"

Yuki knew both his teachers were saying nothing but facts. However, he continued to keep his posture. There was no way the principal would call him to the office with a meeting like this ending in simply rejecting his demand for a work study.

Recovery Girl and Aizawa continued to hold their argument against him going to an agency until Nezu held up a paw, signaling them into silence.

"As it turns out," Nezu began, placing his tea cup down. "Not too long ago I received an email from the Head Director at a small local family clinic, Dr. Nozawa Takashi."

"Dr. Nozawa? Last I heard of him he was planning to retire." Recovery Girl frowned.

"Yes, well, it seems like he's still healthy enough to request Satori-kun for his work studies!" Nezu gleamed. Yuki allows himself to smile a bit more brightly.

"Is that so?" the boy comfortably asked.

Recovery Girl slowly glanced over to the boy, "Yuki--"

"Although because he is within retirement age, he's only willing to give Satori-kun 20 hours a week." Nezu sighed, though he didn't seem to be disappointed.

Aizawa side-eyed Yuki, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Does this mean I have your permission, Principal Nezu, to take part in the work studies?" Yuki particularly emphasized. A small glint of knowing was exchanged between the principal and the healer,

"Yes," Nezu gave him a closed eyed smile, "I suppose you do."

Yuki held back his grin and lightly began rocking on the balls of his feet.

Aizawa and Recovery Girl glazed over to the boy who seemed more than proud of himself at the moment. There was no doubt in Recovery Girl's mind Yuki had somehow managed to pull this little stunt. Aizawa on the other hand was at a loss for words.

* * *

"What the fuck did you do?" Bakugo asked. His arms were crossed, standing at Yuki's doorway.

"Nothing really." Yuki shrugged as he rummaged through his backpack, taking out his notebook.

"If you were called to the principal's office you must have done something."

Yuki huffed, leaning back into his chair. "If you're planning on staying, close the door. If not leave, curfew is in a couple minutes."

Bakugo proceeded to shut the door a little too loud for Yuki's liking before resuming the posture of a grumpy old man scolding a teen.

"I've told you already." Yuki groaned. "Jiro has sensitive hearing and her room's right above mine. If your normal volume is shouting then can you at least try whispering?"

"Not until you tell me what you did." Bakugo frowned.

To Yuki it seemed that Bakugo was making a big deal out of nothing. In Bakugo's case, he'd been feeling uneasy for a while now. More specifically once the healer had told him about the stack of requests for work studies he had.

Yuki stood up and headed towards the bathroom.

"Oi!"

Yuki gestured Bakugo to follow him inside. The blonde reluctantly did. Closing the door, Yuki was quick to turn on the tap water.

"So Recovery Girl didn't want me to do the work study but Aizawa had already checked it off and I was basically ready to go to five agencies." Yuki quickly explained, keeping his voice low and leaning in close to Bakugo.

Bakugo awkwardly leaned away from his, "You're too close--"

"Shh. I don't really want anyone else to know about this." Yuki frowned, sighing he continued. "Anyways, I wasn't going to be able to do any type of work studies without her permission so during lunch I went to the library and emailed-- let's say an old colleague of mine-- emailed him some blackmail to get him out of retirement and take me in for work study."

Bakugo was dumbfounded.

"...as one does." Yuki quickly added not knowing how to take the silent response.

"No. No one fucking does!" Bakugo was utterly shocked. "You blackmailed a doctor?!"

Yuki tilted his head, "Not really.... I just hinted at knowing something I'm not supposed to know--"

"Oh my--"

"In all fairness... he kinda saw it coming."

"I can't believe you did that." Bakugo sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I know right?" Yuki grinned widely.

-.-.-

Why is he still coming over? I'm not sick anymore. He doesn't really talk about anything while he's here. Not that I don't mind or anything, it's just confusing. He comes over to do his homework and sometimes leaves. Other time's he's just playing his video games and stays the night. It doesn't look like he's having nightmares anymore. Or maybe he is and is waiting to tell me. I was sick for a good week. Should I ask him? Maybe try to get him to tell me first?

"Hey, Bakugo." Yuki glanced over his right shoulder where the blond is setting up his tv. "Don't you have a tv in your room?"

The blond turns on the tv. "Yeah. Why?"

"Can't you just play your games in your room--"

"Is it distracting you from homework?" Bakugo asks, making sure to lower the volume.

Yuki blinks, "Well... not necessarily--"

"Then I don't see the problem." the volume goes up a couple notches. Bakugo settles down on a throw pillow ready to resume his game.

Yuki sighs, "I'm only asking because you don't really talk as much anymore."

"So?"

"So... You first started coming over because you needed a 'shrink' didn't you?" Yuki air-quotes.

"Is this your way of kicking me out?" Bakugo pauses the game, his eyes narrowing at Yuki.

Yuki looks away from the blond and back down at his desk, "Not really. I'm just kinda confused why you're still coming over when your not exactly doing anything else--"

"Actually there is something I've been wondering about."

Yuki snapped his attention back to Bakugo, "You have?"

Is it about your nightmares? Do the melatonin gummies not help? Maybe it's your quirk-- Are his hands okay?

"The back of my neck and shoulders have been hurting a lot more recently." the blond mumbled. His fingers fiddling with the controller.

"I have heat packs if you need--"

"No. I tried that already, I even did a couple stretches and it's to the point where it's starting to hurt." Bakugo tells him.

"Then do you mind if I check?" Yuki asks.

Bakugo thinks about it before nodding, "Go for it." He resumed his game

Yuki gets out of his chair and kneels behind Baku. "Let's see." His hands start to glow a low light blue. He gently places his hands on the blonde's shoulders. He feels Baku tense up. "Just relax." Yuki lightly chuckles, "Pretend I'm not here. Focus on your game."

The healer gently feels around the base of Bakugo's neck, lightly applying pressure to the shoulders. With a frown he cautiously tilted the blond's head towards the right. "Wow." Yuki huffs, "You weren't kidding." With the pads of his fingertips he presses down from his jaw down his neck and onto his left shoulder.

Bakugo doesn't reply. His focus on the game wavers at the sudden relief Yuki's quirk gives his upper back. He feels as Yuki's cold hand presses down onto his shoulder before applying pressure with his knuckles. Somehow he's focused on staying focused on the game as the healer continues to press his knuckles down at the base of his jaw and rub down his neck. A low groan leaving his throat.

"Was that good?" Yuki eagerly asks, now leaning onto Bakugo's back.

"Shut up!" Bakugo quickly shouts, his ears and neck beginning to show signs of pink.

"You shut up, it's late already." Yuki scolds him before resuming the treatment.

"I know you usually do stretches before you use your quirk but you should try to do a bit more light stretches for your upper back, neck, and shoulders." Yuki mumbles, tilting Bakugo's head to the left side and working on his right shoulder.

"I do stretch." Bakugo grunts.

Yuki hums, finding the right shoulder a bit more stiff than the other. "Well then stop trying to pick a fight every other day. You're not immune to stress and I can tell it's accumulated for quite some time."

Bakugo frowns at the intense pressure Yuki is putting on with his elbow. It's somehow digging into his shoulder at all the right parts he'd been trying to reach. His sharp intakes of breath made it very clear to Yuki he was getting the job done right.

"I honestly wouldn't be surprised if your spine let out a big crack." Yuki grunted as he continued to keep the constant pressure on Bakugo's shoulder with his elbow, rotating clockwise.

"I have good posture." the blond tells him.

"Ok, so?" Yuki stops with the massage and begins to repeatedly punch his shoulders lightly. Bakugo is tempted to let out a monotone tone as Yuki does this. Reminding him of the time he'd yell into a fan on a summer day.

"There!" Yuki sighed. "This is the best I can do for now. Stretch. Focus a bit more on your shoulders when you do. It shouldn't be a problem."

"And if it still hurts?" Bakugo questioned, passing a checkpoint in his game.

Yuki plops down next to Bakugo with a grin, "Then I'll just have to step on you."

"HA?!"

----------

A/N:

On the 11th of September 2020 I began outlining the storyline for 9mm Kiss.

And on the 27th (or 28th) I uploaded the first 10 chapters not expecting for this story to have gotten this far into the plot line. 

And now here I am 66 chapters in and a couple more in the drafts, still fucking writing.

I love it. ಥ_ಥ

Anyways

If the irregularly large gaps between paragraphs is still going on I'm so sorry. I have no idea what to do to fix it and it bugs me as a lot more than those of you who find it a small issue because I use the spacing as a way to create a type of time skips/transition and it's popping up in places I personally wouldn't place them (ㆆ_ㆆ)

If theses things have also bothered you, I'm happy to announce The 9 Millimeter Kiss and The Heart is a World of Small Things is on Ao3 under dalis_jinx

Feel free to head over there if you like.

Thank you for those of you who stuck to this story for so long! This story is heading into Season 4 of MHA and I honestly have to pause and breath to not jump into the angst I'm planning for My Villain Academia and onward.

Wow, long a/n. Okay bye.

See Ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 96.5K 85
(๐šˆ/๐š—) (๐™ป/๐š—) ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐š‹๐š˜๐š›๐š— ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐šŠ ๐š™๐š˜๐š ๐šŽ๐š›๐š๐šž๐š• ๐šš๐šž๐š’๐š›๐š”, ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‘๐š’๐š ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š– ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šข๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š—'๐š...
297K 6.8K 50
"๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ?!" "๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐›๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ, ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ข๐œ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข...
139K 4.8K 21
"๐™ธ'๐š– ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šŠ๐š ๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐š‘ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ." "๐šˆ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š‘ ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐š–๐š˜๐š— ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š—๐šœ๐šŽ." หœ"*...
3.6K 267 18
Bakugou x OP!fem!oc โ‹†โ‚Š โ€ ยธเฟ โ› โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ a descendant of a legendary quirk longs to separate herself from her family name, but first she'll...