Verena // Alec. Lightwood [1]

By sebs_loves

VERENA // to fear, to respect Soulmates were something Alec Lightwood didn't trust or necessarily believe In... More

Cast and Prologue
Not the Artist
Seeing Strangers
Clubs Are Dangerous
Possesion of Dot
Magic Church
Bonding Time
Chasing Dot
Taken by Force
Vamps of Brooklyn
Grave Digging
Knight In Shining Armour
Dreaming
Magnus Bane
Portal of Safety
Attack on Warlocks
Who We Love Most
Knowing Freelings
Maybe We're Soulmates
Knock you on your Ass
Men Love Her
Pain-filled Screams
Meeting the Family
Secret Plans
Finding the Cup
Be The Distraction
Death of a Friend
Lost in Memory Lane
Bad Day for Take-Out
Keeping Faith
Coming Home
Meliorn's Interrogation?
Stealing Steles
Sedation Couldn't Keep Her At Bay
Raspy Morning Voice
Order of Arrest
Take The Pain Away
So Close
He ain't Michael
Home again
Preperations
A Mole
Till Death Do We Part
Always Trust Your Hunch
People Change
Hello Magnus
Book of the White
I Hate Her
The End / Sequel
OTHER BOOK

Forsaken Attack

13.4K 338 41
By sebs_loves

-FORSAKEN ATTACK-

●♤♤●

Hodge had requested i train with him. He wanted to see how good i was at fighting.

So, that led to me to where I am now. Clad in a sports bra, trainers and leggins as I stood opposite Hodge.

Waiting for the man to strike. I should probably pretend i'm sad. I mean...Alec did propose to another girl.

I should be sad, shouldn't i? Had i been broke that much that this didn't make me sad, or was i proud Alec was doing - yet again - something for the Clave, for his parents and for his name?

Trust in the plan, Rea. You have to trust in the plan...no matter how much it might hurt.

I shook my head and readied myself. Hodge will strike soon.

And he did. He punched my stomach, which was unexpected, and i groaned. I stood straighter and stepped into my assault, punching him in the stomach and then quickly hitting him in the jaw.

He chuckled and straightened himself up.

"You're quick, i'll give you that." He said and i raised a brow. I glanced at his neck and saw the Circle rune. He was apart of that monster's little gang once.

"You're gullible, i'll give you that." I spat, and our sparr continued.

"Oh yeah?" Hodge questioned as he grabbed one of my arms and pinned me to his chest. I grunted as i tried to escape, but i couldn't move. "How so, Verena?"

"You once followed Valentine." I sneered, kicking his shin, which released his hold on my arm. I was quick to hit him in the face. "You believed that monster could change the Shadow World...for what?"

"For a better future." Hodge answered, striking at me again, but i reflected it. I dodged his blows whilst he couldn't dodge mine.

"An army led by him will never mean a better future." I told him, and we went to carry on but something broke through the wall.

I pushed Hodge out the way, getting my wings out, ready to fight against this thing. It saw me and tilted it's head before rushing to me. It raised a dagger it held and went to strike me, but i dodged and kicked it.

I realised, it was a Forsaken.

It seemed to have snarled at me as it came rushing back. Me and it ended up in a hand-to-hand combat fight, me gaining the upper hand and then the thing gaining it after.

I got in quite a few good punches, but as i was about to strike at it again, it raised a blade and shoved it through me. I looked down, raising a shaking hand to the impaled steel blade. It stung like a bitch, and the blood that pooled from it...it's the most i've ever seen.

I blinked rapidly. The room started spinning. I saw the Forsaken slowly approach me, and it grabbed my right wing. It tugged it and i cried out. It then grabbed the left and tugged it, making me cry out again. With a swift kick to the sternum, i was on my knees. One hand clutched the blade. The other propped me up.

I breathed heavily. I hurt. It felt like a fire was slowly creeping from my legs to my throat.

But that didn't matter. That was nothing compared to what i felt now.

I screamed and cried. The room shook with each breath i took. And it felt like several swords - like the one that was inside my stomach - were repeatedly stabbing me.

I begged for the thing to stop but it wouldn't. And i knew why. Suddenly, i didn't feel the weight on my back.

Blinking the burning tears away, i noticed my wings...cut off. Lying on the floor. Oozing crimson red liquid.

I gasped and tried to crawl towards them...but i almost collapsed.

"Rena!" I heard Alec cry, and i tried to stand. My legs became Jelly and i went crashing to the ground. I heard something break. But i focused more on breathing.

I was struggling.

"Oh, my god!" Izzy exclaimed, and i tried to look up...but i saw black dots. "Alec, are you okay?"

"Rena." I heard him say quietly, and then i heard a gasp. I gasped out another cry as i finally touched my wings.

"No." I whispered. The pain was still there but anger was seeping inside me. It was growing like an infestation that wouldn't stop. An infection, if you will. "No." I said again, more anger behind it this time. "NO!" I screamed on the top of my lungs. The room shuddered, shook and almost...groaned?

I stopped and slumped, hissing a little as i did. I touched the blade shakily. Should i pull it out?

"Oh, my god." Izzy breathed out, and soon i felt hands on my shoulders.

"I-I tried...to protect...Hodge." I gasped out, and threw the blurry-ness, i saw him. The man i tried to protect.

"You did good, Verena Fray."

"I feel...like i'm...fading." I whispered, slumping against whoever held my left shoulder. "I want...to sleep."

"You can rest. You did your job." Hodge told me, and i shook my head.

"No...no, i need to be here...for Alec. For Izzy." I gasped as a wave of pain filled me. I began to feel nauseous, the room began spinning again. "Make....the room...stop spinning. Please."

"Don't close your eyes. Please." I heard Alec beg from my left and i slumped into him further. I was content.

"You treat her...right....okay?" I said to him.

I didn't believe i would make it this time.

I have dodged Death many times...and i think it would be inevitable for real.

"Please...don't say that." He choked out, and i started to silently cry. "It's not meant to be her. It's meant to be you."

"I'm sorry." I apologised, taking in a deep breath. "Here." I took the necklace Mag's had given me and placed it into Alec's hand. "Please...I love you, Alec."

"Don't do this to me." I heard him whisper. "You promised you would always stay."

"And i always will." I closed my eyes and my conscience started fading quicker than it had.

●♧♧●

I...Verena stopped breathing. Or at least...it was shallow. We had taken the sword from her stomach, and kept pressure on the wound.

"Alec, you can't lift her." Izzy told me, trying to stop me. I glared at her and stood, slightly wobbly. I had to get her to the Infirmary.

"I don't care!" My voice cracked. It was like everything was crashing down on me. I proposed to an envoy of the Clave to make my parents happy. I should've done what made me happy...like Magnus said to do.

"Well i do! You can-you can hurt yourself more or hurt Rea!" Izzy protested and i shook my head. I scooped the unconscious girl into my arms and gulped. The Infirmary wasn't far. "Alec, don't!" Izzy begged, grabbing my shoulder.

"No!" I choked out again. "I owe it to her to give her a chance at surviving." I whispered. "I owe it to myself."

"Why? Why to yourself?"

"Because i made a mistake." I said before walking out. I kept walking and walking until i entered the Infirmary. I hoped she'd be okay. Verena has to be okay.

Living without her....i can't...i can't. I can't do it.

Now i'm stammering in my own thoughts? Nice. Way to go, Alec.

"Help." I said, and two nurse's immediately grabbed her, taking her to a bed.

"Sir, you need to leave." A nurse told me, and i nodded, glancing at her once more before walking away. It wasn't fair. None of this was fair.

~

I was sat in my room, my father was treating the wound that the Forsaken had made on me.

I just looked at the necklace Verena gave me. Her happy smile was implanted into my brain...i normally would have it on replay when i'm sad...but this was different. The sight of her wings...cutt off. The sword in her stomach. I felt the tears gather.

"Don't squirm." Father said sharply, and i huffed.

"I'm not." I denied. "It doesn't even hurt." My cell went off, and i saw it was Jace. I don't need him biting my ear off. So i gave it to Izzy.

"It's Izzy. We need you. There's been an attack at the Institute." I heard and there was a small pause. "Valentine created a Forsaken that went through the wards." Another long pause. "Not this one. It had Seelie blood with angel properties. Jace, it went after Hodge and Alec...and....Rea." Another pause, but i guess Izzy cut him off with a sigh. "They're banged up, but they'll live. Um...Rea has some doubt on if she'll make it, though. Hodge killed it. It was after the-" After a few seconds, Izzy hung up. "Jace is on his way."

"Will she be okay?" I asked quietly, and my father stopped treating my wounds, bending down so he was face to face with me.

"She's the strongest of us all. Keep faith." He pressed a hand to the side of my face before leaving, and i sighed.

"What if..."

Hey! How are you? How was this?
I did cry today! Writing this, i mean.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 26.8K 60
❝You know, it's weird. It's like wherever Bella goes, Alec is bound to follow, like magnets.❞ _______ Skinny love/; In which when two people love eac...
63K 1.1K 50
In the Shadow-world all the legends are true. From Werewolf's to Warlock, Vampires and angel/human hybrids called Shadowhunters, who fight demons for...
139K 4.6K 47
some memories never leave your bones. like salt in the sea; they become part of you - and you carry them. + + + In which a stoic shadowhunter, a dem...
127K 2.8K 22
During the Uprising, Valentine killed many people. Including Bianca's parents. She grew up with Valentine, being abused and used for her skills and t...