Who We Love Most

—WHO WE LOVE MOST—

WHO WE LOVE MOST

●♤♤●

We were still in the living room, waiting for Clary to finish drawing the pentagram she had to draw. It was to summon the demon.

"What was that fight about?" Izzy whispered to me and I shrugged.

"Something...to do with losing me. I don't know." I muttered and looked away. I didn't really want to think about mine and Alec's argument.

"Jocelyn was right. Your artistry us beyond compare." Magnus complimented Clary on her Pentagram. Yes, it was beautifully drawn, but there's six of us?

"I don't know about that." Clary stated, standing and wiping her hands of slightly.

"Oh, the only other person I’ve known who could draw as well was Michelangelo, who was excellent in bed, I might add." I scoffed.

"Magnus, not everyone wants to listen to your love life history." I told him, grimacing.

"Okay. We’re ready. Everyone take your rightful place on the pentagram."

"I'll stand out." Izzy said to me, but loud enough for the others to hear. Magnus nodded and I took my place next to Clary and Jace, opposite Alec.

"We must initiate a bond. Once this bond is sealed, it cannot be broken until the demon retreats. No matter what happens, we must not let go of each other’s hands." Magnus explained, all of us nodding.

Mag took Alec's hand, and you could see the force in it. Alec then grabbed Jace's hand - who then took Clary's - the same thing happening. I just chuckled and shook my head.

"Sissies." I commented, grabbing Clary's hand. I felt the jolt of it, but, I don't think it affected me like it affected them. I then smiled and grabbed Magnus' hand.

"I will lead the ceremony, and you all must do exactly as I say. The demon’s name is Valak. And at some point, he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary’s memories." Magnus informed and Jace frowned, hesistation flashing onto his face.

"What do you mean? What kind of payment?" He frantically asked, but Magnus looked at him solemnly.

"We will see." Magnus' cryptic answer, as you can imagine, was not helpful. "Let us begin." Magnus began chanting in Chthonian, and the room became windy and cold.

"The necklace!" Izzy yelled to us. "It's pulsing."

"Hold tight, everyone, we're summoning a demon." I spoke, just before the wind picked up even more inside the room. My hand slowly started to slip from Clary's, but I clutched her hand tighter.