Her Betrayal

By M__Mukhopadhyay

Clenching my eyes shut , I let a few fat teardrops roll down my cheeks. The blazing anger in his eyes , the a... More

Introduction
Chapter - 01
Chapter - 02
Chapter - 03
Chapter - 04
Chapter - 05
Chapter - 06
Chapter - 07
Chapter - 08
Chapter- 09
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
Chapter- 16
Chapter- 17
Chapter- 18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter- 21
Chapter- 22
Chapter- 23
Chapter- 24
Chapter- 25
Chapter- 26
Chapter- 28
Chapter- 29
Chapter- 30
Chapter- 31
Chapter- 32
Chapter- 33
Chapter- 34
Chapter- 35
Chapter- 36
Chapter- 37
Chapter- 38
Chapter- 39
Chapter- 40
Chapter- 41
Chapter- 42
Author's Note
Chapter- 43
Chapter- 44
Chapter- 45
Chapter- 46
Chapter- 47
Chapter- 48
Chapter- 49
Chapter- 50
Epilogue
NEW BOOK

Chapter- 27

40.6K 1.3K 110
By M__Mukhopadhyay

Ryan's POV

"Hello?" Her sweet voice rang.

"Bri." I smiled, remembering the last day when she told me that Brielle is too long and I can call her Bri.

"Ryan, did he believe you?" Worry was evident in her voice.

"No. He didn't." I sighed thinking back to my conversation with Evan earlier today.

"Now what? Was that it?" She sounded so heartbroken.

"No, I want to get to the bottom of it. I will tell you everything but you have to meet me tomorrow." I wanted to find a way to prove Brae innocent by any means.

"What are we going to do?" I could imagine her curious face.

"I have something in mind but I will tell you once we meet." Firstly, I wanted to sit down and speak calmly. Secondly, I wanted to see her again. It was crazy that I had met her only twice and I was already missing her .

"Okay, take care." I smiled to myself before responding.

"You too, bye."

……………

Brielle's POV

"Ah, isn't it the sweet little Brielle?" She said in a sickeningly sweet smile.

"We need to talk." I folded my arms against my chest in a defensive manner.

"I don't remember anything that I would like to discuss with you." She shrugged and blinked her eyes at me. I rolled my eyes at her .

"But I do. Why are you doing this ? " I stared straight at her.

"I don't understand. What are you talking about?" I gritted my teeth in annoyance.

"Don't act, Kate. You very well know what I am talking about. You had separated Brae and Evan for all these years and even now you're making them suffer." She let out an evil laugh as soon as I spoke but I couldn't understand what was so funny in that.

"I didn't separate them sweetheart. Brae's did. She is suffering because she is stupid and as for Evan, he isn't suffering now. He doesn't need your stupid sister when I am there for him." She was the most infuriating woman I have ever met. I was never the one to get angry easily but talking to her I could feel the rage building up in me.

"Brae isn't stupid and you're stupid to think that Evan is happy, that he has moved on. He can never be happy without Brae!" I spoke, my voice loud and clear.
She clenched her jaws and looked away.

"Try as hard as you can, Kate. At the end of the day, they will find their way back to each other because their love is that strong." As these words left my mouth, her face contorted in fury.

"They won't! He can be happy. I will make him happy. He will fall in love with me and together we will be happy!" I scoffed at her imagination. Only if she knew what Evan feels for Brae.

"You had three years. What happened? Did Evan fall in love with you?" I looked at her in a challenging manner.

"Don't shout at me." She yelled frustratedly.

"Why are you doing this ? Why are you threatening her? They love each other. Why can't you just let them be?" The words sounded so desperate. I was indeed desperate to see Evan and Brae together, to see my sister happy.

"Because I love him ! And Brae deserves this for interfering in our lives. She shouldn't have been there in the first place and Evan would have been mine." She snarled at me. There was an abnormal look in her eyes, like an unhealthy obsession that was consuming her.

"You - you don't even sound normal. " I shook my head in disappointment.

"Just shut up. It seems to me that you're stupider than your sister. You're charging me in my office when I can destroy you like that?" She took menacing steps towards me .

"Leave. Right now." She gritted through her teeth. I nodded and turned to leave.

"One day you are going to get back what you deserve for doing all this . " I said before closing the door behind me.

Without looking anywhere I stormed out of the building. Once I got into the cab, I breathed out in relief that everything went just as we planned.

Flashback

"Sorry, I couldn't come earlier. Brae was at home." I apologized as soon as I came to the table. The cafe was a lot less crowded than I had seen it last time.

"No, it's okay. It hasn't been long though." He offered me a perfect smile that could make girls swoon.

"So what are you planning?" I asked after I settled down. He leaned forward and put his elbow on the table, staring seriously at me.

"I have something in mind but it has to be done by you." I nodded at once. I didn't need to be told twice and I was ready.

"I am ready to do anything to see my sister happy." He nodded at me.

"I feel you." Ryan was an expressive guy and it was easy to understand that he was very concerned about his brother.

"Give me your hand." He said all of a sudden.

"Huh?" I stupidly asked not understanding why he would ask for my hand all of a sudden.

"Your hand." When I still wasn't responding he grabbed my hand and put a bracelet around it.

"What is this ?" I was confused . It was a beautiful silver bracelet but why was he giving it?

"Bracelet." He said in a 'duh' tone like I was stupid to ask the question. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh really? I thought it's a handcuff." I fake a smile but my eyebrows furrowed when his face morphed into a mischievous smile.

"Handcuff? Well, that sounds hot!" My face surely became red out of embarrassment. He coughed to hide the snicker that he couldn't control.

"Okay, so you are going to go and pay a visit to Kate ." He said becoming serious again. What he said was really confusing me.

"Kate ? Why ? Am I going to scare her into confessing everything?" He shrugged at my question.

"No, but maybe you can trick her into confessing everything." I could feel that he had something formed in his head.

"How?" He pointed to the bracelet around my wrist.

"This bracelet has a micro audio recorder in it." I raised my hand and looked at the bracelet before looking back at him.

"You will go there as a concerned sister and request her to leave both of them alone." I shook my head at that.

"That won't make her confess anything." She would only kick me out of the office.

"It will and if it doesn't, then you will infuriate her by saying how Evan still loves Brae and will never look at Kate in anything other than a friendly way. You have to speak fondly of their love and relationship and rile her up until she loses control and snaps." What he said did make sense. Maybe we could take a chance.

"You have to act well. We can't have her suspect anything. Good?" I nodded at him.

"Excellent! Then I will pick you up and drop you at her office." These words hardly left his mouth when I refused.

"Absolutely not ." He looked confused.

"Why?" I sighed.

"You need not be anywhere near the place. I will take a cab and go." He seemed to be debating it for a second before nodding.

"Fine, but after your work is done, you are coming straight here." He said in a tone that said that it wasn't up for further discussion.

"Okay." I agreed, mentally looking forward to the next day.

I sighed looking at the bracelet. This would make Evan believe us and hopefully he can do something about it. How I wanted to see them back together!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
395K 15.8K 35
#2 in Romance 16/12/2016 #2 ambivalent love series #2 romance12/12/2016 Sequel to Tempting the Billionaire Book1 Sebastian has gotten the help he...
245K 10.4K 26
Alora and Ronan has been together since high school. They're engaged to be married but they have envious enemies lurking in the shadows. On one of Al...
78.1K 1.2K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...