The Third Pilot (Evangelion x...

By Alumina_

Y/n Ikari is a introverted person abandoned by his father as a kid. Now, years later, he is called back by hi... More

1. Just a Tool
2. Like that was Easy
3. "Thank You"
4. Not a Game
5. Who is Rei Ayanami?
6. Angel of Doom
7. Enter Asuka!
8. Incompatible Unity
9. Together as One.
10. Proud, Uninhibited, and Clipped Wings
11. Fallen Angel
12. Evangelion Unit-03
13. Peaceful Sleep
14. The Beast
15. The Calm Before the Storm
16. Beginning of the End
18. Epilogue: YOU CAN (NOT) HAVE PEACE
19. Thank you

17. Blissful Death

2K 63 48
By Alumina_

Italics: The thoughts of the person speaking/ the current POV.

Bold: Actions, Set changes, POV switches, etc.

Normal: Descriptions, Exposition, etc.

"Quotes": A character talking.

My computer finally died last week... I think you can guess why I was slow on the update. Luckily, it's Christmas soon and I just so happen to have saved up for a new laptop~! I would say I'll get better at updating, but y'know.. the story's essentially over.

*Y/n's POV*
*EVANGELION Holding Cages*

I stepped out of the Entry plug. and soon teams were there to take out the plug. What the hell even happened..? Everything froze up, and the dummy system started making noise. But why..? ...Sabatoge? How though? Last I heard, we blocked access to NERV with the MAGI.

Looking around the cages,  the entry plug was latched by clamp and was lifted out of Unit-1. Suddenly alarm bells rang, as one of the elevator lifts began to open up. NERV workers began to gather around, pointing their guns towards whatever was coming down.

"Get down, boy!" One of the older engineers said, pushing me down. Handing over a pistol to me. "...Here," pointing to a part of the gun. This is the safety, keep it on unless you absolutely know you're going to fire." Keeping my head down, everyone was clearly anxious of the coming firefight, I heard throughout the comms that we were outgunned at every possibility. And now would be the same. However, instead of a hail of gunfire from above. It was some more NERV employees.

"It's okay! We're the recovery team!" That garnered a sigh of relief from nearly everyone there. Standing back up they resumed their work on exchanging the plug. Getting up myself, I noticed someone in particular. In a pink plugsuit, Mari was standing there. 

Coming to a stop, Mari hopped off the lift and jogged over to me. Pulling me into a hug right when she reached me. 

Mari: "Hey Y/n. Are you okay?"

Y/n: "Y-yeah.. I-i'm good"

Letting go she smiled, "I'm glad."

Back at the command center,  the three technicians under Misato were swiftly working to get Unit-1 back into the fight. 

Ibuki: "Hm? Y/n is outside of Unit-1, but right now, it's detecting a pilot already inside."

Aoba: "What? It's the dummy system isn't it?'

Hyuuga: "No, we just switched it out. The new one is inserted in."

Ritsuko: "Are there any problems?"

Ibuko: "I'm not picking up anything."

Ritsuko: "Alright then, continue it's calibration. We don't have time to worry about a phantom problem right now. We'll have to handle it when it arises."

After a few minutes, and resetting the system. They were in the final stages of prep, and then Unit-1 could save the day, yet again.

Hyuuga: "Beginning system recali-*BOOOM*

Misato: "What happened!?"

Aoba: "Holding cages breached!"

The display opened up, showing the inside of the holding cages. Where an explosion on the leftmost door occurred. Soldiers soon flooding in. Shooting any personnel they saw. Meanwhile, some more troops came in with rocket launchers. Aiming them at upper platform they began firing. 

Misato: "Y/n and Mari are up there!" The screen showed the workers getting gunned down ruthlessly. And an older man pushing the pilots out of the room, soon after he was shot in the lower back. He wouldn't survive the coming minutes. A few explosions would cut the camera feed.

.....

Misato: "Where are the pilots?!"

Ibuki: "Unknown, we lost them!"

Misato: "...I'm going out to get them."

Misato: "Noncombatants should avoid close quarter combat. Loading her pistol and chambering a round. They're Pros. Anyone who can't retreat to the Dogma should surrender."

MIsato: "Take care of things here."

Hyuuga: "Yes ma'am" Soon after she left, Hyuuga opened a drawer filled will various papers and particaurly a pistol of his own.

Hyuuga: "We're at a disadvantage. We dont have decent antipersonnel defenses."

Aoba: "Yeah just some counter-terrorsim stuff." Aoba himself pulling a submachine gun from below the counter. 

Hyuuga: "If the SSDf put their mind to it, this complex would be toast in no time."

Aoba: "Maybe this is why our intruder prevention budget was cut."

Hyuuga: "That's possible..."

*BOOOM*

An entrance to a walkway on the lower platforms exploded. Soldiers and gunfire flooded through as they pushed out onto the walkway. Shields defended them as they speared a way and posted up. This wouldn't be an easy fight. The defenders had the high ground.

Sliding over to Ibuki, who was crouched down, covering her head. Aoba handed over a pistol for her to use.

Aoba: "Here, switch the safety off."

Ibuki: "This is..." Looking at the gun, she was anxious and panicking "I'm not sure if I have what it takes it use this thing."

Aoba: "You've had loads of practice time with a gun!"

Ibuki: "That was at targets! Not people!"

Aoba: "Get over it! It's kill, or be killed!"

----------------------------------------

Meanwhile, having just awoken, was now wreaking havoc on the remnants of the JSSDF and UN forces sent to stop NERV. 

Asuka: "I understand now!"

Being pelting with missisles from above, they landed on and around Unit-2. jumping out of the water. Maneurvering, she dodged many of the incoming missiles just missing her. 

Jets now lauching cruise missiles towards her. Looking up she was hit right in the face with the first one. And then punching the second one. With it crumpling around her fist.

Tanks, VTOLs and a whole array of other weapons were firing at her. with Unit-2 taking most of the hits, some missing and some ricocheting.

JSSDF Commander: "The cable! That's it's power cable! Concentrate fire on it!"

An explosion hitting the ground threw up the cable and snapped in two. Electricity surguing out from the live wires.

Hitting it, Asuka looked back and saw a timer, 5 minutes. Treating it more as an inconvincinece and ejecting the connector for the cord.

Asuka: "Gh-Who cares if my umbelical cable's cut?! I've still got 12,000 layers of specialized armor!" Unit-2 pushing forward steadfast through the hellfire. 

Asuka: "And don't forget about my AT Field!" And with a swipe of her hand, she took down the retreating VTOLs that were barraging her. Lighting them up in a streak of lights.

Asuka: "Did you actually think I'd lose!?" Smacking the cokcpit of one VTOL, spinning it around and subsequently killing the pilot. Grabbing the tail of the vehicle, Asuka spun it around and smashed another one behind her. The VTOLs kept coming, like lambs to a slaughter. Firing at her back, Unit-2 simply turned around. Looking at it for a second, she lifted her leg over her head and came down hard, taking it out. Using the tail of the first one once more, she tossed it and totaled another. Backstepping and kicking again she tore off the front end of another VTOL. It falling and exploding, Unit-2 was in the center of a hell storm she created herself.

---------------------------------------------

*Y/n's POV*

*Somewhere in NERV*

"We've secured level 2."

"Secondary command center and MAGI original not yet secured. Engaging from SCC lower level, west side."

"Terminate EVA pilots on sight. Weapons free on non-hostiles."

"Yanagihara force and Shinjyo Force. breach into the lower levels now!"

The radio chatter was terrifying, Mari and I were creeping through the halls.

Mari: "...Alright this way should be clear."

Y/n: "Got it."

Hugging the wall, we moved down the hallway slowly. Stopping and ducking into a room anytime we heard the sound of footsteps or radios. The only protection we have is that pistol that that older man gave to me. Hopefully he's okay...

Right now, Mari has the gun. She actually trained to be a pilot, so I feel like her experience would surpass my civilian knowled-"-egin cooling cycle on 5th Bolgia immediately." "Roger"

Ducking into the nearest room. We sat along the wall near the door. Just outside solder's were looking for survivors. *Wiish* The sound of a door sliding open. 

"Kyaa! NO!"

"W-wait hold on w-we surren- *BANG-BAN-BANG-NG-BA-BANG-BANG*

... a deafening silence followed after. Only the light footsteps of them walking for a bit, presumably to check the bodies.

Taking my hand, I looked to my side. Mari, was nervous, as was I. Gripping her hand back, I gave it a squeeze. It's not much but we can at least comfort each other a little bit.

*BANG*           *BANG* 

Two more shots, to finish them off. Not long after the footsteps continued. Down the hall, and soon out of earshot. We waited there for another half a minute or so before leaving. Opening the door, we looked both ways before moving out. First step out, was in a pool of blood, not there before. The pool was leaking out from the door in front of us.

Mari: "...Don't look at it, Y/n. Let's go."

Listening to her advice, I ignored the blood and kept going. 

------------------------------------------------

*Third Person's POV*

In the Command Center, gunfire ensued from both sides. As the SSDF had pushed up and now had full control over the bottom walkway. Leaving only the few NERV employees left on the upper levels.

Fuyutsuki: "Never mind us, severing the Terminal Dogma has priority!"

Hyuuga, Aoba, and a few other employees were the only one left on the upper levels. Shooting down at the imposing force below. Ibuki was crouched under the counter, hugging a cat pillow.

Aoba: "They've blown up every other sector but they seem to be more careful here!"

Hyuuga: "I bet they want to, but can't, with the MAGI original below us. They must want to secure them with as little damage as possible."

Aoba: "But we dont have many bio-chemical countermeasures. We'd be screwed if they used them here."

------------------------------------

*Y/n's POV*

"Stay where you are, I'll be there soon."

That's what Misato said over a radio we had picked up. Walking through the nearby halls, we were looking for a safer place to hide. Anyplace would be better than staying in the open hallways. Walking past one of the open doors, something had caught my eye. And I froze right in my steps.

Y/n: " .....what the hell..."

Mari: "Hmm? What's up?"

Y/n: "How? What...? S-she's...." She-... Wha-.. what kind of fucking joke are my eyes pulling? I... saw her... I saw her get eaten whole....

Y/n: "How the hell is she alive?..."

Looking into the room, she she looked shocked as well. "I-it's her!"

Walking into the room, I made my way straight to her. All the while, she just stared at me.

....

Y/n: "Ar-are you... actually Rei?"

Yes, I'm Rei Ayanami."

Y/n: "But..."

Reaching for her hand, I took it and pulled her up and into a hug.

.... She's warm... she's a-actually... She's alive.

Rei: "??!??"

Rei: "...Wh-what are you doing?" She said slightly blushing but insanely confused.

Y/n: "How is this possible?"

Mari: "I don't know... maybe, she ejected-..."

Y/n: "You saw it with me, she..She didn't...But then..."

Y/n: "W-we can't leave her here. Come on Rei. Let's go and meet up with Misato."

Rei: "I can't."

Y/n: "What?"

Rei: "Y/n Ikari, come with me."

Y/n: "What? Where?"

Rei: "To the Commander."

Mari: "No, we need to get to the Evangelions. We don't have time for that. The princess is up top fighting an army and we need to help."

Rei: "That can wait. Y/n will pilot EVA Unit-1 down to Terminal Dogma, where you will await further orders."

Y/n: "What? Why, why down there? What are you even saying Rei? We need to help Asuka!"

Rei: "Because this was my order."

Y/n: "B-..by who?"

Rei: "I was ordered, by the Commander."

Y/n: "M-my dad..? Wh-what? Why?"

Mari: "Don't listen to her,  Y/n." She said, catching my attention. "If anyone was in touch with SEELE, it would be your father. It must be a trap or something."

Rei: "You're wrong."

Mari: "Am I? It seems like even you don't know what's going to happen. So how do you know it's not?"

Rei: "The Commander said so."

Mari: "So you're following orders, just like his doll if you ask me. Y/n trusted you, I thought I could too. So why in the bloody hell do you listen to the Commander?"

Rei: "I follow my orders, and do what I am told. If that means that I'm a doll then I am one."

Y/n: "No...no, this- Rei would never say that... Y-you can't be her."

Rei: "You're wrong, I am Rei Ayanami."

Y/n: "You can't be! Stepping back out of the room and into the hall. The Rei I knew would never accept that nickname!

Suddenly a voice spoke up down the hall. There, out of breath, was Misato. Tired from the stress and running, she tried to gain her composure as she walked towards us.

Y/n: "Misato!

Misato: "What's going on? What are the two of you doing? You shouldn't be shouting in the middle of the hallway!"

Y/n: "M-Misato! Rei, she's-...!" Looking back into the room. Only to find nothing there but more halls.

Y/n: "What the..? She's gone..? I didn't even hear her leave.

Misato: "Rei?... S-She's gone, Y/n. It's time you accept that... Now come on, we need to regroup and get you to the surface."

Mari: "...Come on Y/n, we need to go.."

Y/n: "Y-yeah... alright."

-----------------------------------------

*Unknown location*

*Third person's POV*

SEELE 4: "EVA, the cursed existance. It dares to stand in our way once more."

SEELE 6: "No matter, we will conquer evil with evil."

SEELE 2: "Is the EVA Series ready?"

SEELE 3: "Yes, preparations are complete."

SEELE 1: "Deploy them. The unecessary pilots must go."

-------------------------------------------

*Meeting room*

*Y/n's POV*

Misato: "We need to get you back into Unit-1."

Hyuuga (Over Radio): "They poured bakelite into the holding cage to encase Unit-1 and trap it there. However there's still a way... Looks like SEELE didn't disclose a lot of information with the JSDF, else they would've covered the entry system as well."

Ritsuko (Over Radio): "The Entry Plug should already be inserted. When you get there, all you need to do is get in and go. The EVA lifts will be on your left once you're in the EVA."

Misato: "Is emergency Route 20 still availible?"

Hyuuga (Over Radio): "Yes, I've secured triple redundancies for the power. The direct route to cage 7 is good for half a dozen minutes. You have to make it quick."

Running through the halls, Misato was taking point with me in the middle and Mari at the rear. At every corner, we'd pause and make sure it's safe. This entire area was devoid of soldiers, or people for that matter. I guess, they killed everyone... Distant gunfire and explosions were heard throughout the facility.  Walking over countless bodies, the only thing I could smell was metal and gunpowder. It's suffocating...

Misato: "Alright this is it." Opening the door. Revealed the shoulders of Unit-1. Walking out, the catwalk was littered with bodies of the workers. The walls full of bullet holes, and craters. The only thing that looked in good condition was Unit-1. Although only the top portion was visible, it's purple tint was still there.

Misato: "Y/n...

Kneeling down, Misato pulled me into a tight hug. Her body pushing everything onto me. Taking my chin slightly, she moved in.Holding for a couple seconds she let go.

Y/n: "M-Misato??" Whaaaa-?? I put my hands up to my face, trying to somewhat hide my blush.

Misato: "There... A little incentive to come back."

Misato: "...Good luck, Y/n... I'm counting on you... Letting go off me and stepping back. Now came in Mari, marching straight towards me.

Mari: "Mh-I'm not about to lose this battle, I was first. Taking my hand, and as smooth as she did it may as well have been an artform. Took my hand, and pressed it into her breast. Just as I was realized that, she swooped in and took my lips as well. Holding it for several seconds before releasing me.

Y/n: "*Pwah!* U-uhm! U-uh! I was to stunned to speak, let alone say anything. The two of us were blushing madly.

Mari: "Come back, and I just might show you the rest~!" She said smiling and readjusting her own glasses. "...I love you... Y/n. Come back, for me. 'kay?""

Y/n: "...a-alright.. I will."

Misato: "...Damn."

---------------------------------------------

*Third Person's POV*

*GeoFront*

Large jets, each numbered from 1 to 9, soared above the exposed GeoFront. Their payload, turned out to be 9  white massive humanoid figures. Partialy exposed, their backs hung out from the base of the jet. And with that, an entry plug entered into all of the EVAs, activating them. 

Launching them, they fell for a short period. Before their backs opened up revealing out a set of wings spanning it's entire body. Silently gliding down into the GeoFront, they began to orbit around Unit-2. With Asuka staring in shock at the spectacle above.

Asuka: "The EVA Series... That's impossible. The highest numbered EVA was Unit-04. There's no way they managed to complete them..."

Fuyutsuki: "Truly astonishing, they actually deployed all nine EVAs equipped with S2 Drives. They're really going overboard. Unless.. Do they intend to set it off now?"

Landing on the ground, one by one, they retracted their wing into a compartment on the top side of their backs. Their faces, elongated, with red lips and a set of teeth.Each and every one of them were also holding a sort of heavy blade, so large it could span their entire body.

Misato: "Asuka, you absolutely have to annihilate the EVA Series. Y/n will be up there soon to help you."

Asuka: "Heh, 'Annihilate them,' she says, That's a lot to ask of someone who was just comatose."

The internal battery displayed a timer showing 3:34 left.

Asuka: "3 and a half minutes, that's 20 seconds each, so I better get to work!"

Running towards one she jumped grabbed its upper jaw, and caved it in. Exploding in a bloody mess. Her momentum pushed her over the EVA series, landing on the ground. The EVAs body falling backwards, limp on top of Unit-2. Standing up she held the body overhead. she squeezed it and crushed it. Blood pouring over Unit-2.

Asuka: "Erste!"

------------------------------

"Charging LCL."

"Deploy AT Field." A shimmering effect covered the EVA before fading.

"Stage One Excited State holding steady."

"Plug sensor, nominal."

"Inspected values are good."

"Shift to Phase 2 operations. Initiate secondary connection." 

Misato: "They took out the lift, so you'll have to climb up the elevator shaft yourself, got that?"

Y/n: "Okay." I-I just need to destroy these EVAs. They probabluy have pilots as well... Even more people I have to kill... But.. I'm not really feeling anything. Not sadness, or guilt. I guess... I'm being desensitized... If that's even possible.

"System start up complete."

Misato: "Alright, prepare to lau-*BEEP*

An timer combined with the hue of the cockpit turning a dark red. I had switched to the systems internal power. Looking back, I noticed the umbelical power cord was hanging by a thread.

Misato: "What's wrong?!"

Hyuuga: "Unit-1 was running on it's internal battery!  The start up saw a surge in power comsumption! there's just over a minute left!"

Ritsuko: "What?!"

Misato: "They couldn't damage the EVAs so they were going to kill it's battery instead. Damn it! Y/n, we'll send a power cord to the surface! Hurry and get to the GeoFront!"

Y/n: "R-Right!" After a small struggle, the bakelite cracked and shattered. Pulling myself off the holding braces. I was forcing myself through the solid red material and across the large hanger. 

Y/n: "I need to hurry!"

Reaching the other side, I hit the green button to open the elevator doors. Not letting a second go to waste, I plunged my fingers into the wall and began to climb. 

Damn it..i'm not gonna make it!

Ibuki: "There must be something we can do, right?"

Aoba: "Like what?!"

Hyuuga: "Time's almost out, he's not going to make it!"

Ibuki: "Y/n..."

3...2...1...0.... .....What? Unit-1 hasn't powered off... The timer was at 0 and the red hue inside the cockpit was still there. Is it... Also from the Angel that Unit-1 ate?... That I somehow absorbed something and I still have power..? ...I-I should keep going, Asuka still needs help. Continuing to climb up.

----------------------

Ibuki: "...Contact with Unit-1 has been lost... It's gone silent."

Misato: "Damn it." Cleching her fists into balls. "That mean's Asuka's all alone... How much longer does she have?"

-------------------------------------------

Rei and the Commander were looking up at Lilith.

Commander Ikari: "The time has come."

Turning towards Rei, he reached into his pocket and pulled out an item, the Key of Nebucadnezzar, a replacement for one of the Adams. Pushing the Key into her stomach, feeling no resistance, he kept going till he reached the wrist. 

Commander: "Now Rei, be my guide and reeunite me with Yui once more."

Rei: "No, I am not your doll." Slicing off his hand at the wrist, letting her absorb and utilize the Key for herself.

Commander: "AH! Why?!"

...

Commander: "Rei!" Turning away from him, she used the power of the Key and began to leviatate off the ground. Making her way towards Lilith.

Commander: "I beg you, wait, Rei!"

Rei: "I can't... It will all begin shortly. Y/n will call for me."

Commander: "Rei!"

....

Rei: "I'm home."

She was taken in the chest of Lilith. Absorbing her whole.

Going through a transformation immediatly after, Lilith lower half began to develop. A pair of legs growing out and entering the water. Now leaning forward, sliding off the nails that crucify it. Once it's hands were free, they moved towards her side. Where the weapon that was stopping it form truly morphing resided, the Spear of Longinus. 

Gripping it with both hands, Lilith started to pull the spear out of itself. Now comepletly out, she was free of the cross and dropped into the water below. Lilith began to finish her transformation, with her face/mask now falling and dripping to the floor, alongside her body shifting to a much more feminine body shape, comepletely naked.

-------------------------------------------

Asuka: "RAAAHH"

Asuka was charging one of the EVA Series and tackled it into the lake. They fell to the bottom, where Asuka deployed a progressive knife, similar to a utility blade. Stabbing from the top of the head, and tearing a deep line down it face. The struggling from the EVA Series had stopped as it went limp in the water.

 Standing up, her top was exposed. looking around for a second, she made her way out of the water and went to fight another. 

Resetting the blade, and coming up on the next one. And with a clean preemptive strike, sliced  it's arm clean off. Pushing it it over and lifiting her arm to stab it. The blade had shattered and crumped in her hadn. Seeing this had distracted her. As the EVA Series grabbed her face and was stiff arming her. Asuka managed to wiggle around it and grab hold of its arm, soon getting a hold of the neck. The two wrestled as Asuka was straining its neck, in an attempt to snap it.

Killing this one, she had no time to think. As above her, the next EVA descended down upon her. Falling back, she rolled out of the way just in time, with the EVA crashing into the ground. 

Keeping her momentum, she rolled till reaching the heavy blade that the previous EVA had dropped. Taking the handle, she felt the sheer weight of the weapon as she swung at the EVA.

*CLASH*

Asuka: "Back off! Dammit! *CLASH* Ahh, this is so annoying! Guess you can never count on idiot Y/n!

Parryign the next clash, she manageed to keep the blade from falling over, so now she had an advantage. Holding it overhead, she brought it down without it countering. Splitting them down the shoulder. The heavy lumbering blades were very unwieldy but effective in the sheer inertia they generated.

HAAAAH!!

She turned around and cleaved off the leg of one behind her. However, she was unable to finish it as another tackled her down.

*BOOM*

Shell cartridges ejected out of the backside. Asuka used a shotgun of spikes mounted on the shoulders. Shooting 4 spikes into the jaw, where they went straight through the skull.

Leaning forward, *BOOM* another volley from the other shoulder, nailing the EVA again. With the second shot, falling back onto the ground.

Shoving the EVA into a concrete building, causing it to collapse in on itself and pelt the EVA with rubble. Blood spurting out from the hole.

Asuka: "I am not gonna lose! Not with Mom watching!

Asuka: "R-RRAAH! She pulled it out of the building and tossed it away.

Asuka: "RRHHH-This one's the last!!!"

Throwing the EVA towards the next one. The impact stunning the EVA. She rushed the two, taking a big step and uppercutting through the body and grabbing the core of the other.

Gripping harder, Asuka was crushing it little by little. Only a little amount of time left.

Asuka: "RRHHHHHH" Squeezing as hard as she could, the core was still holding firm. Suddenly out of nowhere, one of the heavy blades came flying straight towards her. 

Asuka: "GH!?"

Holding out her arm in response, her Field deployed and stopped the blade in it's tracks. After a small struggle, the blade started to shake unnaturally, altering it's form and being morphed into the shape of a spear, th-

"The Spear of Longinus?!" Asuka shouted as the spear now tore through her AT field. Plunging into her head. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHH!!!!!!!!!!" Clutching her eye, the sync rate was high enough that, even though the spear didn't affect her physically, her eye still burst. Just then, her time was up... Unit-2 shut down, and went limp. Falling back, the spear's tips made contact with the ground, leaving Unit-2 to lie slack, still slightly upright.

Screaming, crying, and yanking the joysticks back and forth, desperately trying to move despite no power. Blood pouring out from her left eye. It was futile, the only power that remained was left to display the outside to her.

Ibuki: "Interal power depleted.... Operational limit reached."

Ibuki: "EVA Unit-2 has gone silent."

Ibuki: "Wait a minute... The EVA series, the dead ones are-.. The EVA series are operational again!"

Each one, although mutilated in various ways, were no way dead. Their cores had not been destroyed. One by one they all began to upright themselves, and within a few seconds, they had begun regenerating whatever wounds they had sustained. Once all were back up to standard, their back opened up, sprouting their wings once more.

Ibuki: "Are they going to finish Unit-2 off?"

Each of their backs opened, and out extended a pair of wings. It was over, despite her best efforts she failed. As the rest of the EVA series circled her from the sky, like a kettle of vultures ready to prey. Readying their own spears for the final blow, to let them loose and shred apart Asuka.

This entire sight was shown to Unit-1. As they finally reached the top right as she got hit.

Y/n: "Asuka..?... A-Asuka!"

fuckFUCKFUCKFUCK Goddamit! I-I I need to do something! Anything!Comeon COMEON THINK!!.. What can I do!.. Wait, what was it? ...beast mode..Beast mode!

Y/n: "I-Invert controls! Backdoor code, THE BEAST!" Once that sentence had finished, all the systems shut down for a split second before shifting red.

The AT Field violently erupting out, capable enough to be visible by the naked eye. Easily uprooting any nearby trees, tearing up anything and everything nearby. Creating an impressive crater with Unit-1 at it's epicenter.

Ibuki: "Wh-EVA Unit-1 reactivated! It's power output is off the charts!"

Misato: "But, Y/n doesn't even have a power cord!"

Fuyutsuki: "This power, could it be? No, it can't be..."

Misato: "What is it?!"

Ritsuko: "Unit-1 must've obtained an S2 engine from the last angel. It now has the catalyst to awaken the Third impact. NERV never intended to reach Lilith with their attack, they were trying to awaken Unit-1!"

Misato: "If that's the case, then we played right into their hands..."

Ibuki: "It's-It's armor restraints are breaking! Pilot is reaching the great beyond! If he goes any further, he may not be able to hold his form!"

Ritsuko: "Then we won't be able to control it anymore!"

Unit-1's armor shattering off, its jaw open. And the restrictors fireing out of it's body. Falling forward and catching itself on all fours. It creaked and moaning on the ground before standing up and let out a massive beastly roar!

ROOOOOAAAGGHHH!!!!

Ritsuko: "If Y/n loses control right now, then Unit-1 can trigger the Third Impact!"

Lunging forward, Unit-1 was quickly overhead of Unit-2 and the spears.

The spears would have torn through the Unit-2 if not for a hand. Deploying an AT Field, strong enough to hold them back. 

"Y-y/n!?" Asuka choked out. Completely terrified that she has nearly been skewered.

The spears weren't stopping however, Unit one was using all it's force to resist, it's entire body being put into holding the spear back. To the point that the muscles were tearing, blood spurting out of each of the tears. It's feet, dug into the ground. Bringing up more dirt as it was being pushed down. The earth violently shook as the struggle ensued. Slowly the spears were making their way though the field.

Unit-1: "RAAAAAAGGGHH!!!"

Unit-1 grabbed hold of Unit-2 and threw her out of the line of fire. Releasing the field, the spears shot into the ground swiftly. Throwing a large cloud of dust up. Once it settled Unit-1 was standing in between Unit-2 and the Mass produced EVAs.

I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll KILL you!

A halo now began to form above Unit-1's head. It's growls made seem much more animalistic than before. 

I'll-I'LL RIP YOU TO SHREDS!! AND TEAR YOU ALL APART!!

Asuka: "Wh- what's... gh-what's happening? What's Y/n doing, Misato!?" She cried out, not getting any reply. Everyone was stunned at Unit-1's continuing transformation. And soon enough the EVA Series would descend into a sea of blood.

I WILL save you all! Even if ITS THE LAST THING I'LL DO!!

Misato: "This is even greater power than Unit-1's previous Beast mode..."

All 9 of the EVAs had descended and now surrounded Unit-1, beginning to charge from all angles. Crashing into an AT Field that surrounded Unit-1. And as they flailed, Unit-1 outstretched its arm, it morphed itself and changed shape, similar to what was seen with Ramiel. Firing a blast at one of the EVAs, they were reduced into a pile of flesh and pieces splattered across the ground. What remained was the core of the EVA, it was a red sphere, very reminiscient of an Angel's.

Asuka: "Misato!.. I.. need to help! I.. NEED TO KILL THEM! Send a umbelical cord! Please!"

Pulling the core to itself, Unit-1 took it in it's hand and crushed it. When it cracked, a large explosion erupted around Unit-1. With the EVA protecting itself with a hastily out up AT Field. Turning around and with a swipe of its arm, an AT Field ripped through one EVA and launched another away, badly injuring it in the process. Charging for a second, Unit-1 threw it's arms up, it's Field exploding outward, forcing back all the EVA Series away from him.

Reforming its arm, the previous damage was healed, and it deployed fields from both its arms. The fields pinning down two more, as the field dropped lower, they were being forced between the field and the ground. Their bodies suddenly giving way, their cores exploding between the AT field and the cracked earth.

The rest of the able-bodied EVAs made an attempt for their spears that were lodged into the ground, a perfect grouping to exploit. Firing a blast from its eyes, a massive explosion erupted from the area.

A massive shockwave blasting away the remains of trees and vehicles. Once the smoke cleared, it was revealed that most were vaporized into a red mist. One did survive the blast, however, only its upper torso, its head and an arm were left. Holding it's spear, it was left writhing in pain as Unit-1 approached. Finally reaching him, it stepped on its head and caved it in. And with it's other foot, it stepped on the core, pressing down till a crack and and an explosion enveloping Unit-1.

Misato: "It's already over, Asuka..."  Y/n... just how did you do all this?

Yanking the spear out of the grip of the eviscerated EVA. One left, the one that was left critically injured at the start. It's back was broken, however that didn't stop it from trying to reach Unit-1. Moaning, it was slowly trying to restore its damaged body. These groans were like that of a dying animal, struggling to survive. Pathetic. It's abhorrent moaning was silenced with a spear splitting through the head and tearing into its body and piercing the core.

And as it went limp. It soon blew up. Unit-1's body tensed up as it roared out. A loud ear-piercing and inhuman screech rang out. Forcing those who were watching to cover their ears.

----------------

Hyuuga: "U-Unknown high energy object is rapidly rising from Terminal Dogma!"

Hyuuga: "A.T. Field confirmed! It's Pattern Blue!"

Ibuki: "Wait it's.. an Angel?!"

Hyuuga: "It's not! it's a human! It's a human being!"

Moving through the Command Center, a white figure rose through the wall, phasing through the floors and walls as if she was non-physical. 

Rising our of the surface, everyone was shocked at what was happening. Right in front of them, An arm, phasing through Ibuki, leaving her in a state of terror.

Ibuki: "N-NO!"

Unit-1 rose up off the ground. Its hand towards the earth, and, all at once the flesh and blood from the mass-produced EVAs began to form into a sphere.

The halo had begun to expand and encapsulate the entire sky that was exposed to the GeoFront. The sphere moving up to Unit-1's mouth. Opening its jaw out, before biting down taking in the entirety of the newly developed core.

Completely absorbing the newly obtained power, Unit-1's AT Field began to rapidly take shape, forming white streaks that ascended into the skies.

Misato: "Wings... I've seen them before..." Clutching her neckalace. Staring at the similar sight before her. It's true, she's seen this sight before. Back at the South Pole, back at the Second Impact. She knew... She knew what was going to happen and she was part of the cause.

Ibuki: "P-Pilot has s-surpassed the great beyond! W-we can't read the interior!

Now eclipsing Unit-1, Lilith's black eyes shifted to a red tint. This white figure, Lilith was now in the form of Rei. She had complete control over Lilith. Moving her large ghostly pale arms, she cupped Unit-1 as it was completing its transformation.

Ritsuko: "What's she doing?!"

Ibuki: "Y/n! You need to stop!"

Ritsuko: "Unit-1 has transformed into the vessel of the Adams! If it manages to reach Lilith, then all life on earth will be eradicated! And bring forth an evolution of humanity!"

Ritsuko: "One that transcends god and unites life under a single being!"

The Earth below, shattering into pieces as it was being carved up. Rubble taking to the sky, orbiting Unit-1 and Rei.

Ritsuko: "The beginning of the Third Impact!"

--------------------------------------------------

........

....

.........

....

........

Rei: ....These are my memories... but why, why does he have them?.... I don't remember any of these... They said, that I wasn't Rei. Was this Rei? ...But, Rei's dead. I know that, I see that right now, but... I'm still alive. Looking further into these memories she noticed a word that came up quite often near the end of this.

...Love? What do I mean by that?

Y/n: "...R-Rei?"

....Y/n... Now I see. That's what.

Y/n: "Wh-what's happening? Why are you here?"

To love, is to make them happy.

Rei: "...Y/n, What do you wish for?"

Y/n: "What?"

Rei: "What do you wish for?"

Y/n: "...I-I don't know. I don't want anything. I've caused enough pain. I should just leave, leave this damn life and run away again!"

Rei: "You're wrong."

Y/n: "Wh-How do you know that?.."

Rei: "Because, I can see your thoughts. Everything that's stored in your mind, your subconcious. I can see it all. Your desires, your wants, your dreams. I know what type of world you want."

Y/n: "...Where am I?"

Rei: "You are in a sea of LCL. The origin of all life. A world of A.T. Fields, where the self has lost shape. A world where you dont know where you end and others begin. An ambiguous world. A world where you are everywhere and nowhere."

Y/n: "...Does that mean I'm already dead?"

Rei: "You're not, here everybody has been merged into one."

Rei: "We are all together with you. This is what you desire."

Rei: "When you are connected with me."

Asuka: "And me."

Mari: "Me too."

Misato: "And me as well."

Rei: "You enjoy all of us, and want to connect with us, right?"

Y/n: "....I think, I think this is different, from what I want."

Rei: "This is the world you wished for."

Rei: "You wanted a world without problems, without struggle."

Rei: "The world is filling up with sadness, hopelessness is swallowing everyone. It's weighing down the hearts of lonely people."

Rei: "We can create a new world, Y/n. If you want that to happen."

Y/n: "I-I dont think I deserve to love or feel love. I let all this happen..."

Y/n: You were running away.

Y/n: You rejected the world before it could hurt you, afraid of that pain.

Misato: "Afraid of that invisible, formless thing that exists between people."

Rei: "You were so terrified of it that you walled off your heart."

Rei: "And now you can fix that now."

Y/n: "Rei, the world is ending!.. We caused that! If we let this happen... Then everything that we've been fighting for. Everything, would have been in vain."

Rei: "But you would be at peace. Everyone would. "

Rei: "This world is destroyed... Beyond recognition. Many died, and many will continue to. All those, dead or alive, people who've suffered. You can let erase all of that dispair. Unite them as one, and take away their sins.

....

Y/n: "....honestly... I've been thinking a lot about whether it's worth it to keep living. This is telling me to continue on. And yet, what's the point of a world where were all the same? What's the point of living...?

Rei: "I started this because of the Commander, I didn't know what was happening. I did it for the Commander, but I want to finish it for you. You've been through enough, Please Y/n, let this happen...

Y/n: "...I... want to. But I..."

Misato: "If it hurts so much, you can give up."

Asuka: "If you hate it that much, you can run away."

Mari: "You want relief, dont you?"

Rei: "You want peace, don't you?"

Rei: "You want us to be one, body and soul, don't you?"

 Y/n: "Rei..."

Rei: "You can save them, and be with us."

Y/n: "Us?"

Rei: "...The other pilots. You love them, as well as me."

Y/n: "...."

Rei: "What's wrong?"

Y/n: "n-nothing.....I was just, hanging onto this vague hope that we'll survive all this, and just be allowed to live out our days in peace. It was great knowing I had a purpose here. I'm just tired, of fighting. I just want everything to be over. It seems like I have that chance right now... but... "

Rei: "...I see. You don't want this."

Y/n: "Yeah... "

Rei: "And you are okay, with A.T. Fields hurting yourself and others again?"

Y/n: "I'll be okay."

Rei: "Even if you are hated by some? "

Y/n: "If it means I can love others."

Rei: "Even if you are crippled with grief? You would be giving back the sin to the world."

Y/n: "I am."

Rei: "....Alright. "

Rei: "If you wish for the existance of others, the inner walls will come back. The fear of the other will come back. You won't be happy. You'll feel sad, or angry, or depressed, or-"

Y/n: "Rei, it's okay... Thank you."

Y/n: "I only felt like bad things would happen out there. That's probably why I was willing to run away... But, running away didn't help anything. Because it meant that I wasn't there anymore. And that's the same as no one existing at all."

Rei: "...Why did you do all of this? What made you decide to fight? To risk your life, for the sake of a world that had no part in life till now?"

Y/n: "I've had that thought many times, before."

Y/n: "What have I been fighting for? Who have I been living for? And, I guess... It'd be for all you girls... Rei, Asuka, Mari, even Misato..."

Rei: "....You thought of the Rei before me as the real Rei... And I want to believe that I'm the real Rei."

Rei: "When I tapped into your mind, there was something that I saw. My old life... everything that i've done. Very soon, I'll be gone."

Y/n: "wh-...?"

Rei: "Before that happens, I need you to hear me out. I'm not the first Rei, nor the last. The Rei you knew wasn't the first either. We are clones, raised here under a guise."

Y/n: "...I-I..I see..."

Rei: "Dont feel bad that I'm going to die. As a clone, there will always be another one of me that will take my place.... There'll be no time to greive, There's much to do out in the world. Follow your heart Y/n, walk the path you think is right."

Y/n: "Rei... Who are you in my heart?"

Rei: "I am your hope. The hope that humanity might understand one another. And say the words 'I love you.' "

Y/n: "And this hope, will keep me living on?"

Rei: "Yes, the hope you have that will help you heal after your broken, or betrayed. As long as you have the will to live, you can turn any place into a paradise."

Rei: "After all, we're alive."

Rei: "Opportunities for happiness are everywhere."

Rei: "As long as there is the sum the moon and the earth. It will all work out."

Rei: "Humanity will live on."

Rei: "Lastly, the next clone, Even though I'll forget you. I want you to find me, and remind me of my feelings toward you." Tiling my head to face her, she leaned forward. Enveloping my lips with her own. And holding them there for a quick few seconds. Softly letting go, she took a slight breath, giving me a beautiful motherly smile.

.....

Rei: "Goodbye, Y/n. I love you."

-----------------------------------------

The rumbling had stopped. And the massive, white Rei began to completely fall apart, the arms slagging before tearing off and falling to the earth. The head, still hanging on a hinge finally snapped, dropping down and landing in the water, partially submerged as the unsubmerged side bagan to break and come off. The rest of her body began to rain down in bits and pieces.

All that remained in the sky was Unit-1, now stabilized, it was hovering over the collapsing body in front of it.

Ibuki: "W-We're... We're still alive..?"

Fuyutsuki: "Did Y/n not go through with the Impact?"

Ritsuko: "He rejected it?"

Fuyutsuki: "It must be, Lilith or Adam, one of them refused the other. And they failed to complete the Third Impact."

Mari: "So then, what do we do? Y/n's still in there."

Hyuuga: "We can't even approach Y/n right now. Unit-1 is putting up an Anti-AT Field. Anything that would get near it would lose it's shape almost immediatly."

From the sky came a red object. tearing through the sky at breakneck speed, heading straight for Unit-1.

The spear came down and impaled itself into Unit-1, powering off. The skies cleared with the impact, fading back to its fading dark blue of dusk. And the multitude of rocks began to fall one by one. Unit-1 came crashing down. going limp, it's weight was held up on the spear. Slowly Unit-1's red eyes were flickering down, growing dimmer by the second. It's highlighted armor fading to it usual accents.

Misato: "What the hell was that?"

----------------------------

Mom: "Will you be okay?"

Y/n: "I still have no idea where happiness can be found."

Y/n: "But I'll stay here and keep thinking about being more, about my life. I'm sure that I'll be stating the obvious, going on in a circle. Just so I can stay being who I am."

Mom: "I'm sure that they can help you fix that."

Y/n: "But mom, what will happen to you?"

...

*Yui flashback*

Fuyutsuki: "For Man to build an EVA in God's image. Is that your real goal?"

Yui: "Yes, Humanity can only live on this planet. But an EVA can live on forever. Together with the souls of whoever is implanted inside it."

Yui: "Even after 5 billion years, long after the Earth, Sun, and Moon are gone, it will still be here. Even if that person is the only one. It would be very lonely, but if that person survived..."

Fuyutsuki: "Proof that humanity had lived, will remain forever."

...

Y/n: "....Goodbye, Mom."

..........

*GASP* 

*HAAH* *HAAH* *HAAH* *HAAh* *HAah* *Haah* *Haah*

Y/n: "Wh-wh...!?!?!" Calm down! C-Calm down... just... relax.. Everything is black, I can't see. The power must've shut off...

...M-my hands... they can't stop shaking... 

*Sigh*

Y/n: "...Rei, Mom, Thank you..."

----------------------------

Descending down from the skies, a large figure, clad in a dark blue, one that matched the skies surrounding this figure. And atop it's head, a halo.

Kaworu: "Come now, the promised time has come, Y/n Ikari."

Kaworu: "This time, I'll be sure to bring you happiness."

*End Chapter 17*

That was the End of Evangelion. I hope you enjoyed the ending, I wanted to mix the EVA series with the Rebuild's Pseudo-Awakening of Unit-1. And here's the result. The story's over, and even though it ended on the Rebuild's cliffhanger, I have no plans to continue the story into 3.33 and 3.0+1.0. But... I'll probably do a epilogue, so look forward to that, I suppose.

I forgot how mind tripping the ending of EoE was, so much stuff that we only know so little about. it's pretty astonishing.

Regarding the spear/lance of Longinus (the replicas used by the Mass Produced EVAs), and spear of Cassius (the spear that stabbed Unit-1). Intially, the EoE dubs (in my case the netflix dubs) regard the Lance of Longinus as a Spear, while the Rebuild regards it as Lance. I was kind of split in between which to refer to it as so it may sound confusing in the story. Oh well, that wasn't the most important thing. What is important, is that annoying 20 image limit that Wattpad has. I kinda understand it I suppose, but I could've added more pics and gifs to make everything better.

As to why no one got liquified. Well, Unit-1 didn't fuse with Rei/Lilith. And the Seed of Lilith wasn't unearthed. So, I say it fits!

The fact that they purposely didn't reveal much from the 14 year timeskip of 2.22 and 3.33 kinda screws me over. There's so much lore that I had to piece together and stretch to make my ending fit enough. Everytime I form something that seems to fit within the continuity, a question pops up that leads me down another rabbit hole. The Third Impact, Adam and Lilith, Unit-1's psuedo-awakening, all of that. My brain hurts. 

Unit-1 is potentially either one of the 4 initial Adams from the Second impact, or a being formed by the Adams. i.e a vessel that the Adams can inhabit. The same goes for Rei, she is sort of the vessel for Lilith, or like a key for unleashing the power that Lilith has. That's why Rei had to be absorbed by Lilth to complete her abilities.

Unit-1 changed a lot this chapter, starting form: a souped up Unit-1 with an S2 Engine ----> A Beast mode Unit-1, supercharged by the S2 ----> A vessel of the Adams ----> A being ascending to godhood ----> Unit-1 with a spear inside 'em.

Look forward to the epilogue, I suppose.

Merry Christmas.

8476 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 188 65
Galaxy,is a normal 16 y/o girl bulliedshe didn't have friends,nor parents or family,she was alone all her life,one of the things she wished was to we...
27.1K 406 24
What happens when Shinji can't take Asuka's behaviour anymore? Read and find out. ShinjiXAsuka pairing. Rated M for explicit scenes/coarse language...
146K 4K 24
Your a ice skating prodigy, but no one really knows about you cause you live in a small not well known city in Russia. Out of the blue one day you ge...
23.9K 872 40
Crafted into the ultimate weapon, Y/N L/N is sent to fight against the Angels attacking Japan as the battle leans less and less in their favour. Unbe...