Royal Innocence

By bethia9

He was the prince. I was the Duke's daughter. He was my brother's best friend. And my sworn enemy. There was... More

Prologue
1-Those are muscles, not fat!!
2- Are you stuffing your bra?
3- That Waters dude dies and Haley chick cries.
4 - You look like a clown!
5 - no PDA in front of brother!
6 - I'm an eighteen year old guy, for God's sake!
7- I said goodbye, my last goodbye, to her.
8 - Just open ur freaking door!!
9 - Oh my freaking cherries!!
10 - No swearing, my Prince
11 - He-who-shall-not-be-named and Piglet broke up
12 - But, just so you know, I'm still hotter.
13 - Have you seen my idiot brother and HRH?
14 - Why was everyone grabbing a freaking sandwich?
16 - It's Christine Daae, not Christine Dying
17 - Like you are the last two pieces of brownies on earth
18 - I thought British boys were supposed to be gentlemen.
19 - future princess, stop staring at Prince charming.
20 - Never been so happy to see the door!
21 - No!! Jason! Don't leave me!!
22 - Hey, nice day, isn't it? Hope you enjoyed it coz I'm gonna kill you.
23 - What are you expecting me to feel?
24 - Yeah and one night stands happen upon the first meeting
Special Announcement
25 - You know the feeling, the feeling when you think life can't get any worse?
26 - I'm sorry for being muscular
27 - My brother's already like a bull who saw a red cloth.
Something to say (not an update)
28 - Here goes nothing
29 - Dude, you're swearing like you are a Glader in Maze Runner
30 - Lover boy and Mr. Protective
31 - Like a Skyscraper
32 - To Lady Brianna Huntley
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Royal Announcements - Plans
Royal Announcements - new book
THANK YOU + new book

15 - Brictionary

3.5K 132 32
By bethia9

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 15: Brictionary

I munched on my chocolate bar. It was around two in the afternoon and Jason and I were the only ones awake, Ashton and Trisha were both in the tent, sleeping.

Hmm, this is yumolicious.

"Yumolicious? Is that even a word?"

I turned around to look at Jason.

Did I just said that aloud?

"Yes, and you're still doing it." Jason replied, biting into his own chocolate bar. "You haven't answered my question."

I narrowed my eyes at him,

"Yes, it is a word."

"According to?"

"Brictionary." I replied immediately, widening my eyes when I realised what I just said.

"Brictionary?" Jason echoed, snorting. I took a deep breath.

This boy was driving me crazy.

"Brianna Dictionary. Bri-ctionary. Get it?" I replied, annoyed.

"Ah, yes, of course. The Brictionary. And I take it you're the author of this uh famous dictionary?"

"Yes."

"So, author of Brictionary, what is the meaning of yumolicious?"

"It's a combination of yummy and delicious. So, yumo-licious." I replied. Jason simply raised an eyebrow.

"I thought the word's yummilicious, or something like that."

"Originality, my Prince, you should learn from me." I retorted.

"Learn from you? Ha! And become a weirdo like you?" Jason laughed. I shot him a glare.

"Says the guy who treats his best friend's home more than he treats his own." I retorted. That was true, he particularly lived in our home. He probably spent more time in ours than in his. Suddenly, Jason's face turned dark, the smirked was wiped off, and he said,

"You don't know what you're saying."

"Of course I do."I breathed, trying to keep my voice calm. Then I asked him a question I had always wanted to ask, "Why don't you ever spend more time in your own house, I mean, it's the largest and prettiest and best castle in Sherfil! I'd kill to live there!"

It was every girl's dream to live there, as that would mean, to them at least, marrying Jason and being a princess. Not to me, of course, I just loved the castle, the garden, the rooms, the... everything, except marrying Jason, of course.

"You would?" Jason replied, with a lop-sided grin, I signed in relief inwardly.

At least Jason looked more his normal self.

"Yeah, I mean, not really kill, kill. I mean ... yeah." I finished off lamely.

"I wouldn't. In fact, I'd kill not to have to live there." Jason said with a sigh.

"Is Jason Gilbert scared of ghost?" I asked, nudging him.

"No." He replied curtly.

"Then why don't you want to live there?"

"I just don't, okay?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but he beat me to that.

"It's because of my parents. I don't wanna stay at my house because I wanna avoid seeing my parents."

"Why? I thought you had a perfect family." I asked, but it came out more like a question.

"Thought you of all people would know not to believe everything the media says." He said, smirking. I ducked my head and blushed.

I was really stupid, why would I believe what Sixteen said?

"So, you don't have a six pack? And you're not hot at all?"

"Did you just say I'm hot?"

"No, I didn't!" I argued, blushing hard.

"But you implied that. Besides, I said not to believe everything the media said, I never said they are always wrong."

"Right, right. So, your parents?"

"Yes. They were controlling, very controlling. They wanted to make sure I do everything their way. Especially my dad. When I was younger, I had to study French, Spanish and Latin Aside from school, I also had to learn the history of Sherfil and everything. By the time I was ten, I knew the whole Sherfil history by heart. I didn't really mind, since I knew that was crucial for me as I'm the heir to the throne. But the thing is that, besides controlling my studies, my parents controlled my life as well. I was told who to be friends with, and who not to; what to do and what not to; what hobbies to have and what not to... That's probably why I was such a freak show before I turned thirteen." He paused.

"I'm sorry, I never knew that. Besides, you weren't a freak show, to me, you were just that annoying guy who I hate." I smiled, and he returned it.

"Yeah, well, I guess you were too busy hating me to see what a weirdo I was."

"Ha ha, very funny. So what happened when you turned thirteen?"

"Well, it was my last year at school before I go to high school and all my life, I thought I'd attend Sofiana's Collin School, I mean, I never thought Dad would have anything against it since, you know, it is the best high school in Sherfil. But turns out, he was. He thought it was too common, even though people who went there were either very rich, were royalty or had very good grades. Dad said, I should be homeschooled and he even said he will make a timetable so that besides learning the normal stuff, I'll get to learn king stuff.

"I argued, of course, said I wouldn't have friends anymore, not that I had a lot at that time. He simply said that a King's friends are the leaders of other countries. I... was mad, I wanted to become a normal teenager, not a king-to-be. I argued with my dad a lot. The worst thing is that, even Mom agreed with Dad. That was when I finally realised they were too controlling.

"I needed out, so I called a childhood friend who lives in Bath and told him everything. His parents would be away for the whole summer for a business trip, so James invited me to stay at his summer house, in which he'll be there too. I accepted the offer of course. So, when summer started, I sneaked away to Bath, without my parents knowing."

"How?" I asked, shocked. Never did I know the king and queen were like this. At least, they didn't control the county like this. Sherfil was quite a democratic country, we were allowed to elect our everything, even the next king, we could choose the heir to the throne or nominate someone else, he didn't have to a blue blood, usually the heir of the throne won, since the Gilberts children were all hood leaders. The king usually retired at around 60 years old. However, we were allowed to demand to change the ruler if at least half the country agreed. It rarely happened though.

"I bought myself a ticket on a day I knew they'd be away. They were, obviously, livid when they found out. But they couldn't come to find me since they had absolutely no idea where the summer house was as it was in the middle of some random forest. I owed James a lot, coz that summer, he taught me everything I needed to know to become normal again, even how to become popular as James was a year older and was really popular. I was also finally able to take up guitar, something I had always wanted to, but never could as it was in my parents blacklist for some unknown reason." He paused to take a sip of water.

"Oh so that's what happened that summer." I said. I remembered it as it as the first Jason-free summer. I also remembered he was the talk of the town when when school started as he was all 'hot', 'muscular', 'tanned' and 'popular'. It was also the first time he was listed in the hot guy list in Sixteen.

"Of course you do. When I came back, things got worse. My parents controlled me even more. But on the bright side, I got to go to Collins since I said I'd disappear again if they made me go homeschool. And that's when they stopped controlling my school life as ,thanks to them, I knew really powerful friends all around the world who were willing to help me disappear and they knew that. So, I joined he football team and told my parents I had projects to do every day and came to hangout it with Ashton instead.

"Of course, they found out I was lying when I was sophomore and hired me a driver to take me home every day. They refused to buy me a car when I got my licence as they knew that meant they couldn't control my social life anymore. My parents even stopped my allowance to prevent me from buying one myself. So, I worked my butt off to get money, luckily, my grandma bought me one as a Christmas present, since she knew I wanted and needed one. She never approved on how controlling my parents were.

"And that's when my parents finally lost their control on me. Mom and Dad still try to control me when they can but there are less chances now. My parents gave me back my allowance since Grandma threatened to disown my father if they cut it off. Well, everyone knows how much my parents care about their reputation. So, um ... yeah." Jason stopped awkwardly. I was quiet, trying to find the right thing to say. In front of me was the vulnerable side of the cocky and arrogant boy. I guess I was to blind to see the other sides of him.

"I've never told anyone about this, only Ashton."

"Why me then?" I asked.

"I don't know, I guess I trust you?" He said, with a puzzled expression. I was touched he actually trusted me.

Jason Gilbert trusted me.

I didn't know what to say, so I did the only thing I could think of.

I hugged him.

He stiffened when I reached him, but soon relaxed and hugged me back.

As we hugged, I felt happy. And I didn't always felt happy these days. I thought of the times I spent with Jason, and I realised I felt happy, peaceful and... safe every time. Suddenly it became clear to me what was happening.

I liked Jason Gilbert.

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's Notes

Ahhhhh!! Brianna likes Jason!!!!!!

R u happy? Do I deserve a big hug?? ;)

Thxx for reading:))

Don't forget to smile:)

~Bethiaxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.4K 35
They tried to warn her. All he was going to do was break her heart. Well, then let him break it. *** High school. The dreaded part of our lives whe...
583K 11.9K 29
You know those fairy tales, where the prince sweeps the princess off her feet? Where he saves the world, at the end of the day? Well.... She's rich...
106K 3.2K 53
Nathan Howland. Not your average everyday student. Unless having the title of 'The Demon' is average. An aggressive nerd is not one you'd meet any d...
89.2K 6.1K 85
✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" "I love you. You know that right?" I...