captivated βŒ— sunki

By HVNLYWON

After his breakup with Park Sunghoon, Sunoo finds himself joining an online game after his best friend, Jungw... More

CAPTIVATED. 000
BLOND. 001
CRUSH REVEAL. 002
MESSING AROUND. 003
NIGHT. 004
HAN RIVER. 005
NUMBER. 006
STAY. 007
MIDNIGHT THOUGHTS. 008
DINNER. 009
MIXED SIGNALS. 011
WITH YOU. 012
SORRY. 013
FIRST LOVE. END
MOONLIGHT. BONUS CHAPTER
MISTLETOE. BONUS CHAPTER

HOLD. 010

6.1K 430 447
By HVNLYWON

Riki and Sunoo were both walking on the empty street of somewhere in Seoul, the stars were protruding in the night sky as if it were sprinkles of white paint on a black canvas.

"Let's wait here," Sunoo spoke and sat down on a bench, next to a bus stop. Riki followed what he said and the two sat on either side of the bench, a growing distance engulfing them.

For some reason, they started to get awkward. Was it because Riki finally realized that his Sunoo hyung was starting to become his crush? Or was it because Sunoo seemed to be too lost in his thoughts?

"Hmm.. earth to Sunoo," Riki muttered to break the awkward silence. He let out a chuckle, "is there a problem? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Sunoo spared him a glance and once again heaved a sigh. He looked at his lap, "nothing's wrong."

"Ahh," Riki's smile faltered and pursed his lips into a thin line. "Sorry, I just can't deal with the awkwardness. Are you sick of seeing my annoying face all the time?" He playfully said. Sunoo didn't have to steal a glimpse at the younger to know that he was only kidding. Riki isn't Riki without his casual joking remarks.

Because of what he said, the corners of Sunoo's lips finally tugged upwards as he cheekily smiled— which caused Riki to grin. "Nooo," Sunoo moved closer to Riki and nudged his arm, "it's not that. Don't worry."

"Then, what's bothering you?" Riki asked him. He tilted his head as he stared at Sunoo's side figure. "Only if you feel comfortable, of course. Actually, you don't have to say it to me."

Sunoo nodded. He knew that the younger was serious and once again, silence enveloped them. Sunoo was left in his thoughts.

Sunghoon.

And Riki. His emotions felt jumbled. Everything was happening too fast— well, that's what he thinks. It has only been three months since they've broken up, but Sunghoon's name still crossed his mind at least once every single day.

'I wonder if he has moved on already.'

'Countless of what-ifs.'

'Do I still love him?'

Riki, however, has also occupied Sunoo's thoughts. Usually at the questions; where would I go with Riki next time? Has he eaten? I wonder if he's been doing well with his school.

He was utterly torn with his feelings.

But what he knew for sure that Riki had been nothing but doing positively on him. After a while of silence, Riki gently slid an arm over Sunoo's shoulder and made the older lean on his shoulder without saying anything. Sunoo felt Riki's hand caress his shoulder as if he was something fragile, and the younger muttered, "rest up, hyung. You look tired."

Sunoo nodded and nestled his head against Riki's shoulder and closed his eyes. "Can I uh, hold you?" Riki asked him, "I don't want to hold your waist without your consent."

Once again, Sunoo just nodded his head, a small smile twitching on his face. He felt Riki slightly loosen his side hug and his arm that was over Sunoo's shoulder lowered to wrap around Sunoo's torso.

There it was again.

Sunoo somehow felt so safe around Riki. That whenever the younger scoop him up in a hug or the like, his heart would feel warm. Only Riki was able to make him feel... calm and peaceful, as if all his worries were at the seashore and Riki's presence were the waves that washed it all away. As Sunoo smiled slightly at the feeling of Riki's arm protecting him, he slowly drifted off to sleep as if the younger was singing a quiet lullaby.

"Hyung, wake up."

Sunoo felt Riki continuously tap his shoulder. His eyes fluttered open and he sat up straight, realizing that they were still at the bench they were on. Riki stretched his arms— they were probably sore as Sunoo had slept on him. "Hyunggg," Riki muttered with a whiney voice, "I think there's no more bus coming. We should probably just head to the subway..."

"Hm? How long have I been asleep?" Sunoo tiredly asked, rubbing his eyes.

Riki glanced at his watch and sheepishly grinned at him, "forty minutes."

Sunoo nodded and grabbed his phone to check Google Maps. He unconsciously pouted, "the nearest subway takes an hour to walk."

"What?" Riki groaned and leaned back on the bench. "I'm so tired."

The older heaved a sigh, "maybe we can just call someone to pick us up—?"

"No!" Riki awkwardly cleared his throat and stood up, "I mean, no... Hyung, let's just walk."

"You're willing to walk for an hour?" Sunoo asked with raised eyebrows. Riki sighed and glanced at his wristwatch to check the time.

"We could just stop when we feel tired. Please, Sunoo hyung?"

⌗ CAPTIVATED !

Never once in Sunoo's life did he think of walking for an hour to a subway, but here he was now, walking in a quiet street with nothing but the moon, trees, some buildings, lamp posts and the crickets being noisy. Beside the walking blond was Riki who stuffed his hands in his pockets to give it some warmth against the night breeze, and a small smile started to form in Sunoo's face as he stared at the younger.

Of course, Riki knew that Sunoo was looking at him. Heck, he has been doing that for the past minutes. Riki felt shy because of Sunoo's piercing gaze, and he tried his best not to divert his eyes to the older who was examining him as if he was an interesting artwork.

"Oh! Dog," Riki suddenly said and crouched down as a small dog wagged its tail. Sunoo just stood still as he watched Riki's actions, the smile on his face lingered. As Riki gave the dog a few headpats, it laid down on its back against the ground. "What are you doing here all alone, baby?" Riki softly cooed while rubbing its belly.

'What the?' Sunoo felt as if his insides tickled. He felt warmth creep up his cheeks and he found himself blushing as Riki continued to rub the small dog's tummy while muttering sweet nothings. 'He's so gentle...'

Riki looked up from the dog and caught Sunoo's brown eyes. The corners of Riki's lips began to perk upwards and gave Sunoo his signature boxy smile. The younger once again diverted his attention to the dog, "Where's your family?" Riki asked the dog as if the pet could understand what he was saying.

Before Sunoo could speak, a young girl came running towards them. "Cho!" She called and the dog abruptly stood up. It began wagging its tail and waited for the girl to approach them.

"This must be your family, huh?" Riki patted the dog's head and stood up, "here you go," the little girl smiled and held the dog.

"Thank you, handsome oppa!" The kid flashed him a grin, one of her front teeth missing, which caused Riki to chuckle.

"Where are your parents?" He asked and took a glimpse of Sunoo who was watching them.

The little girl pointed at a 24/7 convenience store. "They're inside." The store was a bit far from them, but at the same time, it was still close by.

"We'll accompany you back to the store, it's scary being out here alone," Riki said and the girl nodded, holding the dog against her chest. Riki looked at Sunoo and softly whispered, "let's go," and his hand gently brushed against Sunoo's fingertips.

Sunoo chuckled and smiled, his hand sliding against Riki's. The three of them began walking to the convenience store. The little girl spoke, "thank you for taking Cho, handsome oppa... I was really scared that he would run off."

"It's no worries, and be careful next time, alright? Always keep an eye on cute Cho," Riki said and Sunoo felt how heartwarming Riki truly was.

Riki was endearing that it sent Sunoo feeling more relaxed around him.

"Um.. handsome oppa? Is the cute oppa beside you your boyfriend?" The girl innocently asked and it would be a lie to say that Riki almost screamed. Sunoo however, had his eyes widened.

"Uh—," Sunoo was cut off when Riki spoke to the girl.

"What makes you think that?" Riki asked and looked at Sunoo with a smug smirk on his face, which caused Sunoo's face to redden even more.

"Well, you two.. are holding hands and being all smiley! Friends don't stare at each other lovingly and friends rarely hold hands..."

"Is that so?" Riki stared at Sunoo with a teasing smile.

"Uhh.. hahahahah," Sunoo nervously laughed and tried to release Riki's hand, but the younger gently tightened his grip as if telling him that he doesn't want to let go. He even felt Riki's thumb caressing his hand and it made Sunoo feel somehow weird.

"Oh, would you look at that," Riki chuckled, "we're here at the convenience store."

"Thank you!" The little girl excitedly said, "have a good night, handsome oppa and cute oppa."

Sunoo smiled, "good night."

As the little girl hopped inside the convenience store, the two continued walking to the route of the subway. Sunoo hastily glared at Riki, "yah, what was that?"

"What was what?" Riki tilted his head.

"You told the kid we're boyfriends," Sunoo groaned.

"Did I?" Riki intertwined their fingers and it caused Sunoo to widen his eyes. "I didn't say yes, and I didn't say no, either. It's up to her to think whatever she thinks," Riki said.

'Fuck. He's right,' Sunoo thought and shyly looked away to avoid Riki's gaze.

The younger immediately laughed at Sunoo's antics, "gosh, hyung, you're too cute."

Sunoo yanked his hand off of Riki's and walked faster. Riki immediately caught up while chuckling, "yahhh, Sunooooo hyunggg."

"What? Don't bother me."

Riki pouted, "but—"

"Shhhhh!"

"Are you mad because I called you cute, or because you assumed that I told the little girl that you're my boyfriend?"

"Oh my god, Ni-ki!"

"Whattt?! HAHAHAHA, hyung, c'mon, stop glaring at me!"

"Aish..."

The rest of the walk was filled with the two who bickered the night away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 11.5K 43
❝it's a win-win. both of us will gain something good if we help each other out!❞ - wherein two boys agreed to help each other, just so that the perso...
58.9K 2.2K 15
COMPLETED (HEAVY CRINGE, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!) "I-I didn't mean to..." "THEN WHY DID YOU?" plot: Just your classic hate to love trope. Jay and S...
44.1K 2.2K 44
"Enough with that bullshit, why were you following me in the first place?" "I-i wasn't following you, I was simply going to the bathroom." Sunoo trie...
66.7K 4.1K 24
My love for you is everlasting. πŸ’Œ everlasting, jaywon. evokes gut-wrenching emotions, a whiff of fresh air, and chapters filled with pure love and...