Serendipity & the Serpent

By serendipiteaparty

A fun twist on "The Karate Kid" where YOU are in the rivalry with Johnny Lawrence :) After the passing of you... More

Skating Through Reseda
The Altered Timeline
Confrontation
Cruel Summer
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Roots Like A Tree
Attention or Detention
Don't Rain On My Parade
Golf N' How It Goes
Welcome To The Jungle
Ferris Wheel of Fortune
The Timeline Restored
Even The Score
Feel The Night
Back and Forth
Family Matters
Think Only Tree
Beautiful Nightmare
Party With Marty
Milk Duds & Talks of Studs
Digging Two Graves
Serendipity
Full Circle
How To Dominate The Dance
The Truth
Fresh Coat of Paint
The Invisible Man
Run For Your Undead Life
Open Season
Nerve
You Had To Be A Big Shot
Can't Fight This Feeling
Dangerous Territory
Guitar Strings On My Heart Strings
Date N' Skate
The Uncle
Cracking Skulls
The Great Escape
Double Trouble
A Crash Course in Dating
The Cast & The Castaway
Honesty Is The Best Policy
Take What You Want
No Mercy
It's My Party & I'll Cry If I Want To
Open Arms
Heed the Warning
Breaking In
Under Pressure
Dear In Headlights
Past Problems & Future Endeavors
Last First Date
Preparing For Battle
Rich Solutions
When Roots Collide
The Road Not Taken
Back To The Past
Handshake Deals
Get To The Point
Wicked Intentions
Checkmate
Loving Is A Losing Game
The Eve Of Disaster
To Say Goodbye
Final Moments & Fatal Mistakes
Remnants Of Revelations
Holding Out For A Hero
Out Of Time
Sabotage & Restoration
Harmony
Back To The Future (Epilogue)
Author's Note

Any Way The Wind Blows

1.9K 73 26
By serendipiteaparty

It was the spring of 1985, and Johnny Lawrence had just picked you up for the prom.

You wore your favorite colored gown, and you looked regal while doing so. Carefully walking to the car, you tried to conceal a surprise underneath the fabric. Johnny didn't question as you practically fell into the leather interior.

He looked you up and down on multiple occasions, peeling his eyes off of the road to send not-so-subtle glances your way. You responded to this behavior with little swats on the arm.

Walking into the gymnasium was a little difficult. You continuously tripped over the bottom of your floor length dress, something you weren't used to wearing often. You held onto Johnny for dear life on some occasions. He didn't question this however, he reveled in it.

Daniel walked in with Ali on his arm. He wore a powder blue suit, she partnered her look with a similar blue dress. You smiled in their direction, but their conversation looked everything but pleasant. Six months into their relationship, and they were already fighting like a married couple.

"I told you the brakes were gonna go!" She shouted.

"You know what," Daniel huffed, "that's the last time I'm ever letting you drive my car!"

"Daniel, if you're gonna keep acting like this-"

You and Johnny looked to each other. Johnny's eyes were wide, recognizing this type of attitude from his ex-girlfriend.

"Hey!" The two of you said in unison with fearful smiles.

Daniel crossed his arms, rolling his eyes. Ali made sure to stand professionally next to him, going in to hug the two of you.

"Don't you both look adorable!" She squealed.

"So do you and Daniel." You pointed out.

Ali's concrete smile faltered.

"Yeah." She said with her teeth gritted and her eyes wide. "Sure do..."

The cobras came over then, interrupting any form of awkward communication. They oohed at the sight of you, grinning ear to ear. Tommy lifted your hand, giving you a little twirl.

"So elegant!" Bobby gasped.

"This fabric is wonderful," Dutch played with the very bottom of your skirt that grazed the floor. You swatted his hand away urgently.

"Woah, calm down there princess." He laughed.

"You look marvelous, darling." Tommy whistled.

"Simply divine." Jimmy poked his head out from around Dutch.

"Yeah, you take good care of this one, Johnny." Dutch winked in his general direction.

"Don't worry," his hand wrapped around your waist and pulled you toward him slightly, "I have been."

Just then, Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper, began to play over the speakers. You immediately melted into the music.

"Sorry boys," you teased, "I'll be back."

"Don't keep us waiting too long!" Tommy shouted after you.

Balancing on your toes, you jogged across the dance floor. You didn't even bother interrupting Ali's conversation with Daniel. Instead, you grabbed her arm and began pulling her out to the dance floor. It gave both her and Daniel a sense of relief.

"Come on," you laughed, "let's dance!"

As the synthesizer filled the room, you danced in circles. You twirled Ali and she spun around you. The two of you laughed and giggled for the entirety of the song, getting lost in the moment.

"May I cut in?" Dutch ran over and batted his eyelashes.

"In your dreams, Dutch!" Ali laughed.

"Girls only event!" You shouted over the music.

As you let out another holler, you spun once more, taking note of all the girls on the dance floor. Their dates and significant others lined the side, chatting awkwardly while they waited. None of the girls were running out of stamina until the song was done and over with. For now, you all put your heart and soul into it, singing off key and tripping over your dresses.

When the workin' day is done, oh girls... they wanna have fun... oh, girls just wanna have fun...

When the song was over, a few more upbeat songs began to play, such as Material Girl, by Madonna. Tired out from dancing, you began walking to the punch table. As you left, Ali pointed out a boy, a friend of hers that graduated a year ahead of you and now was a student at UCLA. Not wanting to be around an agitated Daniel, she excused herself and went over to talk with her old friend.

You walked around aimlessly, examining the prom scene. It didn't take long to find the live band on the stage that played opposite of the DJ to expand and amplify the sound. Front and center on the stage was Marty McFly, with a guitar strapped across his body. He sent you a wave and a wink, which you returned with a radiant smile.

At the punch bowl, your eyes scanned the room for Johnny. Suddenly, he grabbed you from behind, startling you immensely. Luckily, you hadn't gotten your punch yet, or else it would have been all over your dress.

"Johnny!" You giggled and gasped.

He laughed, placing a small kiss on your cheek. Still behind you, he leaned down and placed his head on your shoulder as another song began to play. You recognized the slow, melodious nature immediately, as Heaven by Bryan Adams.

Without saying a word, Johnny laced his fingers through yours and gently walked you to the dance floor. He made sure to walk backwards so he would never have to take his eyes off of yours.

"Johnny... I'm not much of a slow dancer."

"Oh, come on. Just this once? For me?"

You rolled your eyes in a joking manner. "Fine, just this once."

You wrapped your arms around his neck, his hands resting on your hips gently. The two of you swayed back and forth to the music. After a moment, he leaned his head down and pulled one hand from your side, letting his fingers graze upon your arm. You unraveled that arm from his shoulder as he maneuvered his hand to fit in yours, interlocking your fingers together. He leaned down, whispering in your ear in a way that sent chills down your spine.

"Don't worry, darling. I already requested a more upbeat song, next. That way, we won't have to do this all night."

You giggled under your breath. "My knight in shining armor."

Although you weren't necessarily a natural at slow dancing, you enjoyed this still moment with Johnny. He must have enjoyed it as well, because he pressed his forehead to yours, a gesture that you both found to be quite a romantic display of affection. And as the song continued to play, you found it easier to melt into this fragment of a bonding moment.

Baby you're all that I want, when you're lyin' here in my arms... I'm finding it hard to believe... we're in heaven... and love is all that I need, and I found it here in your heart... isn't too hard to see... we're in heaven...

When the song came to a close, it took a moment for the two of you to pull apart. There was a wave of silence from the speakers as the DJ prepped for the next song. When you heard the first operatic lyrics pour out, you gasped.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality...

You smiled at Johnny, his wide smile mirroring yours as you giggled endlessly.

"Bohemian Rhapsody!"

He pressed his forehead to yours again and laughed. "You mean, our song."

The song started out slowly, but the moment it burst into it's energetic demeanor, the crowd began to go wild. The cobras twirled, twisted, and moonwalked over to you all on the dance floor, surrounding you like a barrier.

"Hey," Dutch yelled over the loud music, "don't be hogging her all night, Johnny!"

"Yeah," Tommy chimed in, directing his next comment to you as he spoke, "you've got a line forming!"

"I'm first in line obviously." Bobby smirked.

The boys began arguing, to which Johnny held you a little closer, showing you off. "This may take awhile, boys. Don't waste your time."

They began sticking out their tongues and mocking him under their breath as they walked away in defeat. As soon as they stepped off of the dance floor, their laughter could still be heard from where you and Johnny were standing.

Laughter escaped your lips also as you turned back to face Johnny. He looked you up and down a little differently then he had earlier. Although he was still taller than you, your footwear made you exceptionally taller then where you originally stood. Johnny noticed this, raising an eyebrow.

"Did I tell you how tall you looked tonight?"

You giggled, a mischievous smile dancing on your lips. You were surprised that Johnny didn't find your shield over it more questionable earlier. You had almost tripped into the car, you weren't walking straight, and you swatted Dutch away from seeing what rested underneath the piles of fabric. It was finally time to reveal your little surprise.

Grabbing a wad of your flowing dress, you lifted up the skirt, revealing a pair of skates strapped onto your feet.

His jaw dropped. "You've been wearing those all night?!"

You shrugged. "What can I say, I'm good at walking on my toe stops. For the most part."

He looked you up and down again, taking in the entirety of your figure. You knew this would leave him in shock. You could cross messing with Johnny, off of your prom night agenda.

"You know," he clicked his tongue, "I wish I could say I can't believe you wore those but... l totally can believe you wore those. In fact, that is the most you thing I've ever seen."

Smiling radiantly, you over exaggerated your words. "Thank you."

Without skipping a beat, Johnny stepped back from you, still holding onto your arms. Once fully extended, he spun you around in circles on the dance floor as you glided in your skates, letting your wheels glide across the surface. Filled with bubbling laughter, he pulled you back in, your noses touching as you smiled with your eyes more than anything. Your grins were so big that your cheeks began to hurt as a reminder.

As the song came to a dramatic close, he leaned in slowly and placed a gentle kiss upon your lips.

The feeling of his lips on yours made you teleport to another feeling, a security blanket of comfort you constantly found around him.

Love.

The final lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody locked that emotion into place. It didn't matter where time took you, there would always be an everlasting love for Johnny Lawrence buried deep within your heart.

Any way the wind blows...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 763 23
You are a teenager who hates bullies and people who think of themselves as high and mighty. You move to California with your mom and she is strugglin...
24.2K 601 26
Pretending to date Reseda's new pretty boy isn't that bad, right?
31.9K 607 17
Johnny Lawrence hates Daniel LaRusso's guts or... perhaps he wants him to rearrange his guts. Johnny has fallen for the dark brown-eyed handsome boy...
4.6K 65 12
A new girl arrives in town, jordyn with her brother, Daniel. They moved because her dad died and they needed a fresh start so they moved near their c...