The Deep Blue βœ“

By bjorghalla

"This Princess doesn't bow" From a young age Isolde has always felt she did not belong in the world. Lost and... More

🌊 I 🌊
🌊 II 🌊
🌊 III 🌊
🌊 IV 🌊
🌊 V 🌊
🌊 VI 🌊
🌊 VII 🌊
🌊 VIII 🌊
🌊 IX 🌊
🌊 X 🌊
🌊 XI 🌊
🌊 XII 🌊
🌊 XIII 🌊
🌊 XIV 🌊
🌊 XV 🌊
🌊 XVI 🌊
🌊 XVII 🌊
🌊 XVIII 🌊
🌊 XIX 🌊
🌊 XX 🌊
🌊 XXI 🌊
🌊 XXII 🌊
🌊 XXIII 🌊
🌊 XXIV 🌊
🌊 XXV 🌊
🌊 XXVI🌊
🌊 XXVII 🌊
🌊 XXVIII 🌊
🌊 XXIX 🌊
🌊 XXX 🌊
🌊 XXXI 🌊
🌊 XXXII 🌊
🌊 XXXIII 🌊
🌊 XXXIV 🌊
🌊 XXXV 🌊
🌊 XXXVI 🌊
🌊 XXXVII 🌊
🌊 XXXVIII 🌊
🌊 XXXIX 🌊
🌊 XL 🌊
🌊 XLI 🌊
🌊 XLII 🌊
🌊 XLIII 🌊
🌊 XLIV 🌊
🌊 XLV 🌊
🌊 XLVI 🌊
🌊 XLVII 🌊
🌊 XLVIII 🌊
🌊 XLIX 🌊
🌊 L 🌊
🌊 LI 🌊
🌊 LII 🌊
🌊 LIII 🌊
🌊 LIV 🌊
🌊 LV 🌊
🌊 LVI 🌊
🌊 LVII 🌊
🌊 LVIII 🌊
🌊 LX 🌊
🌊 LXI 🌊
🌊 LXII 🌊
🌊 LXIII 🌊
🌊 LXIV 🌊
🌊 LXV 🌊
🌿 The Nature 🌿

🌊 LVIX 🌊

264 18 0
By bjorghalla

"Within the dark deep is magical life unlike any other"

59|THE OPPOSITE

The world is strange and cold to the touch. The girl that has been through more things than girls at her age sits up in the strange world that she has found herself in. There is not a dark spot in sight, in fact it holds far too much light for her taste, giving that she has spent the last hours or possibly days in the darkness, it is overwhelming. For a moment, she cannot remember a thing until the memories return to her and she remembers how she had been in the dark, and her body was freezing cold and then nothing.

That sand creature had been there, that she does recall. If that creature had gotten unfrozen and harmed her, she does not know. If she has gotten to Heaven, that she does not know either. All she knows is this cold strange place. There is light all around her, even to wake her body up from the slumber it had been. She stands up as she had been lying on the ground, which had been much softer than she had expected. The light does limit her vision and she cannot see that far out, nor even know if it reaches that far in the first place.

Isolde's pale green eyes stare out into the distance, and she is able to see that it's a plat space which she is in and that does confuse her. She always thought Heaven would at least have something comfortable and be filled with angels and clouds and wonder and light. The light is already there, but it's missing everything else that she thought. First she had woken up in the darkest of places, and then she has woken up in the light. Isolde would prefer to wake up between, but it would appear that she does not get to choose.

It reminds her how she had walked endlessly through the dark when she had woken up in that place not that long ago. On her feet, she starts walking somewhere. As she has no other choice in the matter. Not is the girl about to sit there and do nothing. Rather she will look around herself and find a way out of here, just as she had done when she was in the darkness. Only this time the brightness all around her, is overwhelming her. At least in the darkness, she did not feel anything, not even pain.

At least until she had entered the castle which had somehow attacked her. The things that she has learned from that experience, she will take with her. Because she has a feeling that she will have to ask the man she loves a bit more about it. For he would have all the answers for her in the terms of that castle and the drawing that she had seen there. And she also does have too many things to ask about how she survived that cold and where she is now and how she got to either one of these places she's woken up in.

Walking around, she wonders if she will wake up somewhere else the next time she falls asleep. A part of her wishes to find out, while another part within her tells her that will not be the best of ideas. Even when she tries, Isolde cannot panic about the place she's in. As if she is so calm and collected that the panic or stress cannot find her. She is the calm sea in the evening. The seething sun so calm and relaxed that one always can take a deep breath and feel it within themselves.

Isolde is a girl that does hold many emotions and she is quick to let others know when she has anger inside her, yet as soon as she feels sorrow, she becomes a closed book. Where that sorrow turns into anger and lashes out at others. And that is what she will do, without even realizing it herself. Because once she is back to where she belongs, back in the ocean and back with the man she loves, she will act out in anger, possibly hitting him or doing something to him.

Tricking Poseidon in other words, Isolde is someone that has always done this. And she is not about to stop now. The girl is all alone there, in that bright environment. A thousand things run through her mind and never do they leave her. She is not scared of it, rather she is curious of some sort. Trying her hardest to remember what had happened and why she needed there. And how she ended up in this bright place. The world is indeed the strange thing that she knows and each day it shifts and becomes more confusing for her and possibly others in that same world.

Then Isolde sees something, a shadow or something standing there. It takes her a second to realize that it is the same girl that had been in the drawing. The girl black clothing and raven black hair makes her stand out in this place where the white light is constant. The girl's skin is so pale that it rivals the whiteness around her, but it are her eyes that brings shivers down Isolde's spine. Those violet eyes that hold too much evil within them, and yet there is something else behind those eyes.

The girl simply stands there and stares at Isolde. Not does she move, but Isolde walks towards the girl. "Who are you?" She asks the raven black haired girl who eyes her like that. The violet eyed girl stands there and then smirks at Isolde. The look of evil in the girl's face shows and her eyes are filled with this wicked intention. "My name would never get anyone anywhere, it is my power that does. I am the one that controls the world, and yet I am forgotten. For without the shadow and the darkness, none would survive" The girl speaks.

Her voice is haunting and yet calm and warm at the same time, it makes Isolde feel this coldness from this girl. The girl looks the same as she had done in the drawing, except now she is real and stands in front of the pale green eyed girl. "I have not come here to aid you on you quest to find answer nor have I been called to aid in your fight against the evil that haunts you. I have been called forth to hand a warning over to you, what happens after that it is you, Queen Isolde that must decide the fate of your life as well as the world's fate" The girl speaks.

The way that she speaks, it is monotone and bland, yet there is something within her voice. A hint of pain and a hint of anger that can be felt if one were to listen carefully. "What warning have you to bear?" Isolde asks. This girl eyes her, the same smirk on her face. Reminding her too much of the man she loves for he would always smirk. And if this girl is related to Poseidon, it would mean smirking is in the family.

"Foes and allies alike have struck you down, and yet you serve a greater purpose than death. Live has been granted, but it will not come without a cost. I give you a warning of death for it may not be your death that will haunt you, but a death was taken in order for the world to survive. I grant you the warning of stone, for within the stone life drains. Foes and allies will stand by your side, but it will be this warning that I give you that will haunt more; keep within the shadows, hide from the light, and do not open your eyes" The girl with the violet eyes speaks and then darkness takes over.

The King of the ocean returns to his kingdom. The rage throwing the waves of the ocean everywhere, more than they had been before. "Brother, might I say that your anger does not do well for the world" Terra speaks, almost as if he does enjoy the way the anger is slowly destroying his brother. "She's alive" Is all that Poseidon can speak. The ocean takes him towards the throne room where his servants and subjects have been waiting for his return. He orders them all out.

It is not long before the King holds his trident in his hands, and the power rushes through him. It may not have been that long since he held it in his hands, but that rush over power always gives him this high which he adores. If he were not angered at the moment, then he would sit down and enjoy it. The trident does hold power on its own, and yet it can never be used whole unless it is in the hands of those that it chooses to use it.

Magic is the most unpredictable power in the world, all the worlds. It chooses who can con control it and who can use it. Magic will always look for that balance in life and it will look for those that are strong to wield it. Magic has a mind on its own and it can snap at anyone. Though, magic will always travel to the siblings for they are the ones that keep magic alive by simply surviving. The worlds falling isn't the only thing that will happen if one of the siblings were to fall, it would be magic as well.

Terra eyes his brother and his trident. "Brother, we both saw her lifeless body and even now, I can sense no life from the girl. No matter where she is, I would be able to sense her life force. I believe she is not alive in this world. She has moved on towards peace, it is all we can hope. As much as you wish for vengeance against your past enemies for her death, there is nothing within our power that can bring her back. We hold the scale of life in our hands, we cannot allow the balance to go sideways" He tells his brother.

Whom, does not appear to be listening and Poseidon was far too lost in his own cloud of rage to even know about his brother's presence. He does not care for it. It is true that Poseidon will never be the one that he has to be for the world without his second half. Isolde has always been more than his destined lover and Queen, she is the other half of his heart. And now he is determined to get her back from the woman that he has not seen nor spoken to for a long time.

With a sigh, the nature brother goes over to the other one and puts his hand on his shoulder. "If you storm inside the very destination that you cannot survive in, it will end in more bloodshed. Do not danger your kingdom as well as the world. That girl, Isolde was a death that will never be justified and it will never mend within your heart. Think of how she would want you to act if she were here. Would she truly want vengeance or would she want peace and life amongst the subjects of the world?" Terra asks Poseidon.

Terra has always been the peaceful brother, who will avoid war and bloodshed with all his might. Given that he's the brother that is responsible for all life, or mostly all life. The ocean eyes of Poseidon give Terra a hateful glare. "She would want our enemies drowned by her hand. Never would she allow the dangers to be around, for they would attack when given the chance. She gave her life for this cause and now I will end it all" He speaks through his gritted teeth, and the anger within his eyes.

Rage and violence is the oldest urge that the humans have had in their history and wars and bloodshed has always followed them whenever they went. No matter the age and no matter the race. It has always been within them. And that rage and violence was given to them by those that created them. And the ocean is one of the strongest powers that has ever crossed the world. Poseidon has always been just, but now he has lost all sense of justice for that rage that lives in him, that anger that he feels. It is stronger than he nor anyone knows.

If he were a Beast like his brother down in the Underworld, he would let it out and let that take over himself. Yet, he is not a Beast, though his insides do feel like. For deep within him there is a power that calls on blood and it flows through him just as it does the crashing waves of the ocean. The waves are angry and will murder and take down everything that it can and will not care who or what it kills. The ocean only feels the rage for its dead Queen and the wrath of the King.

And not even Terra is able to stop his brother. It had been ten thousand years since their sister was consumed by anger as well. She could not handle it, and just like Poseidon is doing now, she went down the wrong path. The one that only led to bloodshed and death. Where she nearly destroyed the entire human race as well as so many other creatures. Luna almost destroyed the world and everything in between. She was ruthless. With Poseidon now following in her footsteps. Only his own rage is not towards the humans and mortals, but rather a woman that he has a past with.

A woman that Terra knows will only invite his brother for evil, and he will not allow his brother to fall down this path. And yet there is nothing that Terra can do about this. He is not the brother that can stop him. Poseidon is in his own kingdom and does have the upper hand, as well as the Trident. And the rage is far too much for anyone to stop him now. Only a madman would try. So, all that Terra can do is watch as his brother leaves the castle.

On his path towards death, not his own but someone else's death and it will be bloody. And as the King of life and the Nature, Terra is sure to feel their deaths. He does feel every death in the world, for he is the one that created it and he feels it leave and become something else. With a sigh he too leaves the ocean. As he cannot prevent these deaths and he cannot prevent his brother from doing anything. He cannot do anything at this time, but stay away from his brother and hope all will end well for the world.

The world is a place that demands balance. That everyone knows on some level and some will do whatever it takes to have that balance while on the other hand there are those that would do everything in their power to put that balance to the side and allow the world to burn down to ashes. That balance is needed for the world to be able to function and it will not function without it. But, the line is very thin and tipping in one direction can never be a good thing for the world.

And yet there have been so many times that the world has tipped to the side, and there have been times when the world nearly fell. All of the reason for that is because of the five siblings that literally hold the world in their hands. They can choose to let it all fall down and burn in front of them and control what is left, or they can allow the world to thrive and live the way that it is supposed to do. The world is a strange place and when magic is involved, it becomes complicated.

Even more so than one can understand. There is no one in the world, any of the worlds that can really understand the world. Not even God himself can understand the world fully. With all the magical properties within the world, the world almost becomes alive and maybe it is alive in on itself. Though that life will always depend on the five siblings. If one is taken or if one were to fall, the would would fall along with them. Which is why the five siblings have always worked together and in harmony, despite some wars between them.

When it had been Luna that went over that thin line, she put the world in danger. In doing so, the brothers had to do what was necessary for them all, and they tried their best to balance the world. It hadn't been the same while she was locked away, and as soon as she was released from her prison, the world once again because balanced. That is the way the world works and will always work. Poseidon is tipping over that line and is slowly being consumed by his rage where he can see nothing else but the vengeance.

What his brother never saw was the hope for her life, because he had felt it. And Poseidon is certain that she is alive. He knows where she is and that is where he is headed. To the only place in the entire ocean that he cannot cross. A place that he has not been for a very long time, not even certain how he will be able to find her when he cannot even enter there. When he owns the ocean, he is the ocean, he cannot enter into a single cave that is connected to an island.

The island having been cursed a long time ago, and he cannot step onto it. Though those that do step upon it will not live long enough to step of it. For something lives on that island that is not afraid to turn those that step foot upon the island to stone where they will forever remain. Never to be saved and never to wake again. A cruel fate. Poseidon is one of those that cannot step a foot, not because he fears the creature but because the curse prevents him to. Still, this day, he is about to enter the cave under the island and he's about to slaughter the creature that has the name Medusa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 1.8K 46
Niccola is a demi-queen undercover in enemy territory. Her little sister went missing seven moons ago, but one lead remains: a picture of a woman's f...
18.4K 817 27
Sydney Shoopman's world is changing fast. It has since she graduated high school over a few years ago. Her parents split on her. One wants her to go...
11.5K 525 11
A beautiful mermaid is rumored to be found in a 'forbidden' side of the ocean. If you ask about her they'll tell you the same sentence over & over ag...
8.1K 265 20
I have always loved the water. My family has always been near water. My uncle was a an oceanographer which had me interested in what he does. It...