The First Light

By AelinAshryver07

" One black coffee." A deep voice said and I snapped my head to the side to see a raven head and as he turned... More

Author's Note
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1 : Winks and mischievous smiles
Chapter 2: Flats butts and Black coffee
Chapter 3: Hogwarts and Hot Pink Heels
Chapter 4: Smooth as Extra Chunky Peanut Butter
Chapter 5 : YOLO and Bar Reds
Chapter 6 : Cute Blue eyed Idiots
Chapter 7: R.I.P to My Cute Ears
Chapter 8 : Who Says No to Free Food?
Chapter 9 : Rise and Shine
Chapter 10 : Pricks and Angel Boys
Chapter 11: Fairies, Faeries and FBI Skills
Chapter 12: Sofishticated Rich Jerks
Aesthetics - 2
Chapter 13: I'm Buddha
Chapter 14 : Energetic Rabbits and Drama Queens
Chapter 15 : It's Not Ice cream!
Chapter 16 : Soup is For Sick People.
Chapter 17 : Red Code
Chapter 18 : Shirtless Guys and Soulmates
Chapter 19 : I'm. Not. A. Midget
Chapter 20 : Date Night
Chapter 21 : Lots of Smooches
Chapter 22 : Forever
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 : Sneaky Bastard
Chapter 26 : Dinner
Chapter 27 : Bad Willow
Chapter 28 : Paris sites!
Chapter 29 : Flynn Ryder
Chapter 30 : Three Words
Chapter 31 : His Girlfriend
Chapter 32 : Those Dimples
Chapter 33 : Mine
Chapter 34 : Revenge is Sweeter
Chapter 35 : Insecure
Chapter 36 : Drowned Rats
Chapter 37 : JUMP!
Chapter 38 : Bonfire
Chapter 39 : Holy-
Chapter 40 : Unknown Number
Chapter 41 : Nevertheless
Chapter 42 : New Beginnings
Chapter 43 : Please
Chapter 44 : Hurt
Chapter 45 : Guest
Chapter 46 : Over
Epilogue
More Works
Important Message
Bonus : 1

Chapter 23 : Koala

7.2K 248 65
By AelinAshryver07

Nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks as I sneaked into my home in the middle of the night, the action so familiar. How many times had I sneaked in like this?

Well it was definitely easier since I didn't give my key back because I knew it would be useful precisely for stuff like this. I panted as I dragged in my small luggage bags, two cakes and his birthday gift.

It was always a tradition to cut a secret cake with just me and Wes and then in the morning with our parents. I always wondered if they knew about our secret tradition but if they did they never commented.

Dumping my luggage bag unceremoniously on the foyer and gently placed his gift on the floor before sneaking into the kitchen and placed the second cake in the fridge, taking the first one with me.

I tiptoed into Wes' room and placed the cake on his table and went back to collect his gift. Placing it on the bed beside him, I gently brushed the hair out of his face. It was just yesterday that baby Wes was in my arms for the first time, his face scrunched up in a scowl screaming the house down. I snorted a little when I remembered his little alien face when he was born and now this little guy is turning eleven.

I think the lack of sleep is making me a tad dramatic.

I checked the time again. 11.59 pm. Quickly opening the cake, I lit the candles.

12.00 am.

I jumped on top of the covers, tickling him on the sides. He not so gracefully fell of the bed squealing in a high pitched voice. Yep. That felt oddly satisfying.

"Will?!" He screeched.

"Shhhush, baby monkey. If you yell any louder, you'll wake up Mom and Dad and that would destroy all of my plans for the night."

"What are you doing here?"

"Happy Birthday Wessypoo!!"

"You remembered?"

"Ofcourse. You didn't think I'll break our tradition, did you?" I raised a brow.

He engulfed me in a bear hug, almost tackling me to the bed. "I missed you so much." He whispered, my arms tightening in response when I felt wetness on my shoulder.

"Shuush. It's fine." I murmured rocking him back and forth.

"Come on baby monkey, let's go cut the cake!" I exclaimed and he laughed giddily and bounded towards the cake.

I clapped my hands softly in order not to alert my parents as he cut the cake with a big grin on his face.

"Don't you want your present now?" I asked with a sly smile.

Choosing his gift took a lot of time, I remembered him rambling on about wanting his own guitar and I was first going to buy it too but something told me that my parents probably already took that option as their gift so I got him something he's been asking for two years but my parents refused. They are definitely not going to be happy about it, well what's done is done.

"What did you get me?!" He asked excitedly

"Why don't you go check it?"

He squealed and ripped open the big box in the centre of the room, revealing a big pet carrier and a tiny golden retriever puppy peacefully sleeping inside it. It had taken me a lot of time to select the fluffiest and chubby one out of the lot but this little guy was definitely the cutest.

He looked at the puppy and then at me, silver lining his eyes. "Thank you so much, Will. I love you." He said as he hugged me tight. "I love you, baby monkey. Now tell me what are you going to name him?"

"Hmmm. Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Boy."

"Then I'm going to blame him Simba. He looks like Simba"

A small whine interrupted us and we both looked to see little Simba awake, gazing at us with large doe eyes. Awwww.

"Hi little guy..." Wes cooed as he took him in his arms. Simba let out a cute high pitched bark and snuggled closer to him.

Ugh. My heart.

"How about we take the little guy for a drive and eat unhealthy junk, huh?" I asked.

"But it's past midnight Will." He said with wide eyes.

"So?"

"Mum will scold us!"

This guy is definitely Mom's little clone.

"Baby monkey, we as the children of the Cassius Brooks should follow his footsteps and risk Mama's wrath. That's the law."

"But-"

"We have to make our Dad proud, I mean till I come back home who'll give our mother dearest some much needed excitement?"

"I think Dad gives mother enough headache as it is with his crazy nature."

Ouch. He just indirectly called me crazy. The audacity of this little shit.

"You must make me and Dad proud,Wes." I told him solemnly

I'm definitely going to hell.

"Fine." He muttered defeatedly.

"Great" I clapped my hands

And fifteen minutes later we found ourselves in Dad's car that we borrowed with me behind the wheel and Wes riding shotgun, little Simba curled in his lap, snoring lightly.

"Where are we going?"

"We, baby monkey are going to eat some highly fattening food at the one and only McDonald's and then going to eat some ice cream."

"Ice cream?! It's literally like ten degrees right now!?" He yelled.

"And?"

"We'll freeze to death!"

"Little boy, do you how magical it feels to eat ice cream when it's freezing?"

"I'm going to blame you if I fall sick..." he mumbled

I grinned," It's quite nice to catch a cold once in a while. I mean think of the advantages, everyone treats you like a Royal and you can bunk school."

And just like that my mind drifted to the face of a frantic Azrael as he fussed over me like an overprotective mother hen and a small smile immediately bloomed in my face.

Oh no. I forgot to switch on my phone.

"Why were you smile like an idiot right now? And why do you look like you just pissed your pants?"

#LIKEASHARK

"Nothing," I said a too quickly to be believable.

"Really?"

"Yeah..." I muttered.

"It's the command of the birthday boy, what were you thinking?" 

"About the guy I have a crush on..." I mumbled, am I his girlfriend now? Friends who make out a lot? Or just acquaintances? I mean I asked him to a date so shouldn't he give me a hint about it?

"You've told him?"

"Yeah, kind of..." I freaking kissed him. Or maybe he did, I've lost count at this point.

"Does he like you?"

"Yeah." He's practically obsessed and if he'd have his way I am sure that he definitely would either cling to me or try to glue us together. Idiot. My probably angry idiot.

"So basically two people who crush on eachother so that kind of makes you a couple, adults are so complicated,"

An eleven year old is giving me relationship advice.

Great.

_______________________

Groaning like a faulty tractor, I woke up feeling dizzy and disoriented. Yesterday night we had returned late after all that burgers and fries and then three scoops of ice cream. We also came back and went on to binge watch family movies on Netflix.

"WILLOW ROSE AND WESTON RYKER ! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BOTH DOING HERE?!"

I bolted upright as if Lucifer himself had appeared. In a way it was true.

And there she stood, Meera Brooks in all her glory. My father had quite the taste in woman if I do say so myself because my mother was one of the most beautiful person I've ever come to know, it maybe her beautiful bronze skin, big doe eyes and thick black hair that fell to the middle of her back but right now her eyes were filled with love and anger, something that all mothers seemed to be quite familiar with.

I looked around to find myself and Wes both sprawled on his bedroom floor, chocolate wrappers surrounding us and I was pretty sure I also had some cake on my face considering the fact that both of us had stuffed our mouths with it while watching the movies.

Smiling at her cheekily I said, "Good morning mother dearest don't you look just lovely today."

"Don't try to flatter Willow Rose Brooks, tell me what the hell is this thing doing here?!" She demanded and I looked around to see Simba lying on top of Wes' head as my idiotic brother snored away as if we weren't about to be killed and buried in our backyard. I hope atleast Simba and Dad mourn for us.

"A puppy, Ma. Isn't he just the cutest ?"

"Yes yes but why is it in the house?" She snapped

"Ummmm, I may or may not have gifted him to Wes'..." I mumbled.

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah but your favourite daughter travelled all the way from Scotland just to celebrate her brother's birthday and visit her lovely, kind and forgiving parents. And Wes is so excited that he doesn't even put him down. Please keep him." And I widened my eyes and pouted innocently at her.

One.

Two.

Three.

"Fine..." she muttered defeatedly,

HAHAHA I had literally perfected the art of looking innocent and harmless from father. There was no chance she could ever refuse us and I am definitely not ashamed to claim that we've used it many many times on her.

"Now come give me a hug, you spoiled brat." She said making me engulf her in a bear hug, that was actually the funny thing, no matter how old you become when you're around you're parents it doesn't matter. It'll all just be like when you were a baby, you always want their full attention and love.

"I see you've gained a bit weight,"

Azzie boy would definitely be proud to hear that. That dude is seriously feeding me too much.

"Your butt is not that flat anymore.." she smirked and smacked my poor butt making me squeal.

"My butt has never been flat mother." And added a dramatic hair flip.

"Where's Dad by the way?" I questioned

"Snoring away like your brother," She huffed

"And can you please go get us something nice from the cafe you like? Because I declare today as my off day. I'm not even entering the kitchen today and I bet your dad would start whining about having to eat soggy cereal."

"I'm tired..." I whined

"Well consider it as a punishment for spoiling your brother so much and buying him whatever he asks for." She glared.

I held up my hands in surrender and rushed out, almost falling flat on my face. Geez, Indian moms and their scary glares.

Quickly driving to my favourite cafe, The Brew I entered it eagerly. There was something so refreshing about the smell of coffee right in the morning, something so refreshing.

After placing my large order, I sat by the window with a hot cup of hazelnut latte waiting for it. I was so immersed in my thought that I didn't see someone sitting across me on my table.

"Hi." A blonde boy about my age stated confidently, his brown eyes lit with pure arrogance.

"May I know why you're sitting here?" I said

"Come on, a pretty girl like yourself shouldn't be sitting here alone," He said with a flirtatious look

"I'm not interested."

"Just give me your number, doll. I'm sure you'll have a nice time."

"No thank you."

"Hey c-"

"I think my girlfriend just said no." A deep voice drawled.

The reactions were instant, the sudden feeling of butterflies in my stomach, my heart skipped a beat, my hands suddenly clammy. There he stood looking sinfully handsome in a black hoodie and sweatpants, his raven hair messy in that sexy manner and his plump red lips twisted in a small cruel smirk.

I gulped as I watched him stalk towards us like a predator, his steps confident and firm. I watched as he said something lowly to the boy making him pale sickeningly.

"I-I'm so sorry ma'am." He stuttered and rushed out of the cafe without a backwards glance.

"Hello, love." Az said seating himself in front of me and giving me an adorable grin that made my heart clench and I resisted the urge to pull his cheeks.

Bipolar homo sapien.

"You promised me that you'd spend the whole weekend with me cuddling. No phones or books." He nodded to himself with a smug and excited smile.

This crazy, adorable and clingy koala had followed me all the way from Scotland just for cuddles.

Ugh. My heart.

_________________________

Hey guys💃💃💃

Hope you liked this chapter!!!!!

So any thing to ask? Any suggestions?

It's the longest ch yayyy

I think Azzie boy relates to these on a spiritual level :

Little Simba :

XxAelinAsh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589 76 21
Why universe why?? Or Nikki here. "You don't, again, mean him right?" "Yes, I do." She smirks. Fine. What? She is not gonna back away anyways. Tru...
308K 9.1K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
49.5K 2.2K 26
Eighteen year old Stormie struggles with showing his emotions. At his high school, he's always apathetic and stoic as to not draw any attention to hi...
724 70 20
Willows life has always been "perfect". Prefect grades boyfriend, best friend and the most popular girl in high school until one day I party changes...