โฆ๐•ƒ๐• ๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐”พ๐•š๐•ฃ๐• - โ„๐•–๐•’๐••๏ฟฝ...

By Maiya_Dragneel

๐˜พ๐™–๐™œ๐™š๐™™ - ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ค๐™  2 ๐™๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, (๐™”/๐™ฃ) ๐™‚๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™š๏ฟฝ... More

ยซNoteยป
ยซPrologueยป
ยซ1 - The Beginningยป
ยซ2 - Moon Demon Companyยป
ยซ3 - Cursed Gearยป
ยซ4 - An Unlikely Pairยป
ยซ5 - Mikaela Hyakuyaยป
ยซ6 - Contracts and Demonsยป
ยซ7 - Hikariยป
ยซ8 - Mitsuba Sanguยป
ยซ9 - Despicable Humansยป
ยซ10 - A Noble Encounterยป
ยซ11 - Shinjukuยป
ยซ12 - Dangerous Drugsยป
ยซ13 - An Impossible Reunionยป
ยซ14 - Sinnersยป
ยซ15 - I'll Save Youยป
ยซ16 - Inviteยป
ยซ17 - Nightmare Interviewยป
ยซ18 - Familyยป
ยซ19 - Possession and Manifestationยป
ยซ20 - Taming a Demonยป
ยซ21 - Intentionsยป
ยซ22 - Krul's Sinยป
ยซ23 - The Truthยป
ยซ24 - Battle Preparationยป
ยซ25 - Punishmentยป
ยซ26 - No Longer Humanยป
ยซ27 - Nagoyaยป
ยซ28 - The Thirteenth Progenitorยป
ยซ30 - I'm On My Wayยป

ยซ29 - Hostagesยป

146 8 1
By Maiya_Dragneel

*(Y/n)'s POV*
*Nagoya City Hall*

Crowley sits at the desk, humming a tune while reading a newspaper.

I hang with my arms and legs tied up, my leg tied to hooks on the ground and my arms tied to hooks on the ceiling.

Although I'm not in the room, I can hear everything and I hate it. One of the vampires have been sucking the blood of one of the hostages for several minutes... I wouldn't be surprised if they were dead...

"Aah. Yum! This human's blood is just sooo tasty, Lord Crowley!" I hear from the room.

"Chess, dear. You just killed the poor thing." The other vampire says.

My heart breaks in two from those words. It's almost as if saying 'Im the one who killed him because I'm weak.'

But anger overtakes as 'Chess' only replies in a cheerful, carefree manner, knowing she killed a human life only to fulfil her thirst.

"You're so careful. Our apologies, Lord Crowley. Does it bother you that one of the hostages was killed?" The mature-sounding one says.

I await the reply to see how cruel one can be.

"Hm? It's okay. One or two doesn't matter. It's not like a human life is worth much. After all, we've got others." Crowley laughs off the importance and significance of a single life, the pain it takes to bring them into a world such as this, the hardships of cultivating that life to go onto greatness... the joy of seeing that life wear a bright smile each day.

I try to break free to knock the living lights out of those vampire bastards, shaking the chains and ceiling.

"Oh? Seems like we've angered our most important hostage."
"Angered a hostage? No...you've angered a God!" I scream, still trying to break free.

"A God? Don't get so ahead of yourself. We still beat you. There's nothing Godly about that." Crowley converses through the walls.

"I may have lost, but it was to keep them alive for as long as possible. How many have you killed? That's right! One and it's while I'm tied up away from you. A God should care about their people... not that any actually care for us." I go on.

(A/n: None of these religious views are meant to disrespect or discourage any religions! This is purely to show another aspect of thinking and the way that (Y/n) may be thinking in the current moment when all she can see is those around her being hurt, killed and disregarded.)

"Lord Crowley, why are you wasting your time with that vampire-human? We should just torture the information out of her already!" Vampire one whines, making me kiss my teeth.

"I'm curious, Lord Crowley... what you think on another matter." Horn changes the subject, "The humans have finally done it... they've attacked a vampire stronghold like Nagoya."

"What? You mean the Japanese Imperial Demon Army?" Crowley enquires.

I hear footsteps before hearing a clank. Likely Crowley take the cursed gear from... the dead soldier.

There's a momentary silence before Crowley speaks again, but to himself as it seems,
"Demon-possessed weapons, hmm? Ones that can even kill vampires."

He ponders before turning to Chess,
"Hey, Chess? I wonder. Which is stronger, their weapons or ours? Try blocking a swing from this, 'kay?"

There's a disturbance in the air, signalling a sword to have been swung as well as metal unsheathing and a yelp from Chess.

Frankly, I like to hear them face karma, but I'd rather do it myself. Then, I'd be able to see how they feel when put into the same position as the 'weak humans'.

"Well? What d'you think?" Crowley asks, "I'm sure it's not as painful as the halfie's hit."

"Owwie... Any weapon is super strong in your hands, Lord Crowley." She whimpers.

I hear the crumbling of a wall, suggesting she broke it quite a bit when she went to block. To be hit that hard even while blocking is terrifying indeed.

"That's not really the answer I was looking for. Maybe I should use it on the halfie and ask her. I know you can hear me." Crowley refers to me.

"My Lord, might I ask what you were thinking?" The other vampire asks in a polite manner.

"Hm? Oh. I was just wondering if the humans might be getting a little too strong, too fast. See... humans have always had a lust for power, even if it meant delving into the forbidden to get it. Were they even this strong before?"

"Oof! Yikes, that was scary." Chess recovers as I hear a small stomp, indicating she landed from jumping down.

"It makes me wonder. Is someone, somewhere... giving humans information they have no business having?" Crowley enquires.

There's a silence, creating a worried feeling inside me.

Only silence, until I hear drip. And voices.
"Are you implying that a vampire has turned traitor, any Lord?" The blonde one asks, knowing the answer.

"Yeah, someone high up. Not that we vampires really got along that well in the first place." Crowley confirms.

I find out the cause of the drip through the next phrase,
"Look. My cut from that blade isn't healing. You two be careful, alright?" Crowley says.

He had cut himself with a cursed gear and found that it has the property to stop a vampire's healing.

Good thing they underestimated us prior and I got many slashes in.

"My Lord, allow us to see that wound." The vampire from before says.

They go into some 'detail' of the wound, as I tune them out to focus.

That is, to focus on my escape.

*Yuu's POV*
*City Centre*

"Well? How long do we have to wait?" I ask, getting more impatient as we stand around.

We dealt with the Progenitor before and followed our orders by going to the rendezvous point.

We had come back uninjured on both squads. But the other squads are nowhere to be seen.

"All teams were given until 14:15 to finished liking their noble. All survivors are to regroup here." Shinoa reminds us of the mission time.

I check my watch to see that it's 14:13, two minutes to the end point.

We hear footsteps and look up to see seven people, all injured...

"Where's Lt. Colonel Ichinose?"

I recognise the voice coming from the girl upfront, Team Leader Aiko Aihara.

"He isn't here yet." Shinoa replies. Aihara retreats to her team.

"Shinoa. If I remember right, the other squads... took on their Nobles in groups of three - fifteen people." Kimizuki calls to her.

"That is correct." Shinoa confirms as stupid Kimizuki carries on.
"There's only seven people here."

Where are the rest of the squads...?

"The rest must have died." Mitsuba says bluntly.

I watch the remaining squad, my thoughts disorganised, but one worry stands clear... (N/n).

She isn't here yet and she was sent to deal with three progenitors. (N/n) is strong, but with that kind of challenge... I can't help but worry.

"Sergeant Aiko Aihara. You killed the Noble you were assigned, right?" Narumi asks.
"...Obviously, or we wouldn't be here." She replies calmly.

"Ah. That's good. Looks like you lost a lot of people, though." He says casually.

Aihara looks away ashamed, thinking back on her part in the mission.

She looks back and says,
"And your team came out of this unscathed?"

"We had a good leader. Right? 'Team Leader' Shinoa Hiragi." He laughs off.

Shinoa looks at him shocked,
"Whaaa?! You're dumping it on me?!"

Aihara glares at Shinoa as I stand by her side.

If (N/n) we're here, this would end peacefully for them, but not for Trident.

"Erm... I, um..." Shinoa stutters.

"Hey. We're glad you guys made it back alive. We'll keep watch, so how 'bout you take a quick break? You guys are looking roughed up." I propose as (N/n) would probably do.

She walks away to her team and asks Narumi,
"Who's the kid acting like he's the boss?"

"Oh, he's just a rookie. His name is, uh... What was it again?"

"Hey!! So you don't know my name, either?!" I call him out.

"Just kidding. That's payback for you forgetting mine, earlier. Anyway, he's Yuichuro Hyakuya. His sister is (N/n) Gracefield, the one heading the attack on City Hall-"

"She's not my sister. She's my family. There's a difference between the two."

"I see. I hope she is doing a great job. Well then, Yuichiro Hyakuya... We'll take you up on that offer. We're going to rest. Keep watch for us, okay?" She trusts.

"You got it! Leave it to us!"

As they leave, smile leaves. I can't help, but make that face.

Shinoa replies,
"Yuuichiro? What's wrong?"

"It really happens, doesn't it? People die on these missions." I sigh, worrying about (N/n) in the back of my mind.

"Right. Your friends die. That's the reality of battle. I... I've seen this..." Mitsuba says to help, but Shinoa interrupts.

"That's why we must treasure every day... and do our utmost to protect each other."

I bring back a smile before looking off. From the underground train entrance, Guren appears looking roughed up and annoyed.

"Aha! Guren's back!" I point out.
"Oh gosh, they look beat!" Yoichi gasps.

Trident looks back in attention to Guren.

"You take yours down?" Guren asks.
"You bet! What about you?"
"Duh. It was a piece of cake."
"Ha! Liar."

Guren turns to Narumi,
"Narumi."
"Yes, Lt. Colonel?"

"How was their teamwork? We're the rookies any use to you at all?" Guren asks.

Narumi looks back at us to see Mitsuba and Shinoa looking nervous and me with a large smile.

He turns back with a sigh,
"Well... I guess - no. They did very well. You'd never know they were rookies."

I walk to Narumi with a wide grin,
"Right? Right? Right?"
"Your face annoys me. Get lost." Narumi grabs my head.

I stop to think about what next until I hear Aihara shout an apology.

I turn to see her now her head,
"I'm sorry, Lt. Colonel!! I let eight of our comrades die!!"

"It's that kind of mission. Their deaths are on my hands, not yours." Guren reinstates.

"But, Sir...!!" Aihara tries to argue, although she doesn't have the resolve to as tears flow down her bloodied face.

"That's enough. Good work bringing the seven of you back alive. That's three vampire nobles confirmed down. Five left. What about the other teams?" Guren says, getting back to the mission.

"None of them have come back yet, Sir." Narumi replies.
"I see. We can't afford to wait for them. We need to begin our next mission."

Next mission? I though this was the only one.

"Huh? We have another mission?" I speak my thoughts.
"Yeah, just got a report. There are three vampire nobles up in Nagoya City Hall."

(N/n)! Did she give the report? Where is she? I need to see her. Is she okay?

Thoughts go through my head - questions that go unanswered as Guren stays silent.

"Crowley Eusford. Chess Belle. And Horn Skuld. The thirty person team that attacked them were defeated. All taken hostage from what the report said."

No. No, no, no! (N/n)...!

"What?! But (N/n) was leading that team!"
"Which is why no one died. Our next mission is gonna require a lot of people. Everyone here needs to go eliminate Crowley Eusford... and rescue and friends."

"We'll definitely save all of them! I won't let anyone die to the best of my ability!" I yell, setting aside just (N/n) and concentrating on everyone.

She's family, but they're all my friends.

"This mission is going to be even more dangerous... because the enemy will be waiting for us. Pull yourselves together and stay sharp. Grieve later." Guren encourages.

"Guren. Have a minute?" I look to see a beat up Shinya, a sight (N/n) would pay to see, call over Guren.

They talk in both a serious mood and a playful one before coming back.

"I'll explain the plan while we're on the move. We'll stage an attack on Crowley Eusford that will last ten minutes. If we can't kill him in that time, we'll have to retreat and tackle the next mission with the numbers we have now." Guren plans out.

Did Guren say retreat as another way of saying leave behind our comrades?

"What about the other teams that haven't reported in yet, Sir?" Narumi asks.

"There are only three teams we've yet to hear from. Aiko, your team will hold position here for thirty minutes Pass the orders along to the rest when they show up." Guren responds.

"Sir, please take us with you!!"Aikara begs ins demanding way.

"No. Anyone weak enough to cry on the battlefield isn't allowed."

Well, that's a little harsh.

"Just kidding. Your team must be exhausted. Rest and discuss what teamwork the seven of you can put together." Guren smiles slightly to reassure Aihara, "We're short-hand enough as it is. I'm counting on you, Aiko."

"Y-yes, Sir!"
"Stay here for half an hour, but not a minute more. If no one's come back by then... consider them all dead and make your way to Nagoya Airport. Understood?
"Yes, Sir!"

"Good. Then, let's begin. Narumi Squad... Shinoa Squad... you're with me. We're going to exterminate Crowley Eusford and his two servants... and then rescue our friends!"
"Yes, Sir!!"

*Aihara's POV*
*30 Minutes Later*

"Are they all... dead?" I question, having waiting the amount of time I was commanded by Lt. Colonel Ichinose.

As I say that, I hear a voice call to me, showering me with relief,
"H-Hey... Is that you, Aihara? Sorry we're so late."

Several men come forward with injuries that hinder their movement, unnoticeably.

"Guys!!" I yell, running towards them.
"Where's Lt. Colonel Guren?" The squad leader asks.

"The Lt. Colonel is..." Before I can finish my sentence, we hear a whirring above us.

Vampire planes!

"Stay back!!" I yell as his squad tries to assist, "The Lt. Colonel is at Nagoya Airport! We'll act as decoys and hold them off!! You run and hide!! Hurry!!"

I summon my cursed gear, a bow, and immediately fire it straight through one of the three planes.

(Reference from Seraph of the End Manga)

The other two land without an issue, but the other two land before I can deal with them.

Vampires jump out and a blonde-haired one lands in front of me.

I jump back before I'm surprised by his words,
"I have questions for you." He asks in a monotone, yet gentle tone.

But why...?

(2451 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 217 11
โ““โ“˜โ“ขโ“’โ“žโ“โ“ฃโ“˜โ“โ“คโ“”โ““ หš เผ˜โœถ โ‹†๏ฝกหš โ€โžท ฮฑฮท ั”ัƒั” ฦ’ฯƒั ฮฑฮท ั”ัƒั”. ฮฑ โ„“ั”g ฦ’ฯƒั ฮฑ โ„“ั”g. ฮฑ ั•ะฝฯƒั‚ ฮนฮท ั‚ะฝั” ะฝั”ฮฑัั‚ โˆ‚ฯƒั”ั•ฮท'ั‚ ะผฮฑะบั” ฮนั‚ ฯ…ฮท-ะฒัั”ฮฑะบ. ส/ษด แดกแด€s แด€ สแดแดœษดษข ส™แดส ส™แดส€ษด ษชษดแด›แด แด›สœแด‡ แด˜แด€ส€แด€แด…ษชsแด‡...
129K 4.4K 51
/๐—นฤ“๐—น/ ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ท๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ. ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜†๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜. ๐๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Š๐ž๐ข๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ค๐ž ๐๐š๐ฃ๐ข ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
1.3K 66 17
~~ ๐€ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ญ๐จ ๐‘๐š๐ข๐ง๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ž ~~ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐˜/๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ฎ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ, ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐ข๐ง ๏ฟฝ...
1.2M 23.8K 42
โžต Completed! ยฉ ๐šŠ ๐š’ ๐š› ๐š’ ๐šœ ๐š› ๐šŠ ๐š’ ๐š— ๐šœ โ–ธ Published: Apr 08, 2020 โ–ธ Finished: Mar 22, 2020 Slow updates. I'm either out of ideas, motivation, or...