And Then There Was You (Chris...

By belleofmarvel

In this AU Chris Evans joins us as a firefighter/paramedic. Daphne is a kindergarten teacher and the only da... More

August 10 6:00 am
August 10 Sunrise
August 10 Afternoon
August 15
September 3 Kickoff
September 3 Halftime
September 4
September 10 Community Helpers
September 10 It's been a long week
September 11 Brunch
September 20
September 20 Dinner
September 24 It's About Time
October 4 Game Night
October 8 Homecoming
November 1 North East Florida Fair
November: Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 1
November Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 2
November Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 3
A/N and Question
November: Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 4
November Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 5
December Part 1
December Part 2
December Part 3
December: Christmas Break Part 1
December: Christmas Break Part 2
December: Christmas Break Part 3
December Christmas Day Part 1
December Christmas Day Part 2
December Christmas Day Part 3
January 3
January 3 Part 2
January 4 The Trip Home
January: Plans, Plans and More Plans
February: Taking Charge
February Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day Part 2
February: Decisions
February: Decisions Part 2
March: Breakthrough
March: One Last Hurrah
March: Too Far?
April: Surprise!
April: A Step to Forever
Rehearsal Day Part 1
Rehearsal Day Part 2
Wedding Day Part 1
Wedding Day Part 2
Wedding Day Part 3
Honeymoon Part 1
Honeymoon Part 2
Honeymoon Part 3
Honeymoon Part 4
Honeymoon Day 4 At Sea
Honeymoon Kahului Hawaii
Honeymoon: Honolulu
Honeymoon: Captain's Dinner
Honeymoon: Happy Birthday?
Honeymoon: Island Time
Honeymoon: The Last Leg
Welcome Home
Back to Reality
May: Play Ball
May: Father Figure
June: Double Date
June: Baby Love
June: Thirty Four Part One
June: Thirty Four Part Two
July: The Big Bang
July: Wobble Baby Wobble
July: When it Rains
August: Back At It
September
September Get Away
Every New Beginning UPDATE
October
October: Mood Swings
October: Baby Day
October: Baby Day Part 2
November Part 1
November: Vacation
UPDATE
November: Vacation Part 2
November: Vacation Part 3
November: Vacation Part 4
November Vacation Part 5
November Vacation Part 6
November Vacation Part 7
December Part 1
December Part 2
December: Maybe Baby?
Not Exactly an Update
January: Cheers to a New Year
February: It's a ...
March
April: Anniversary Wish
Wow. (Not an update)
Sorry!
May (Part 1)
May (Part 2)
May (Part 3)
May (Part 4)
May (Part 5)
Apology
June (Part 1)
June Part 2
A/N ~5/31/22
Recommendations?
A/N
June (Part 3)
What if...
June (Part 4)
June (Part 5)
June (Part 6)
June (4 Years Later)
Author's Note
!!NEW!!
New New New!
One Shot

May: Moving Out or Moving In?

527 31 4
By belleofmarvel

Moving into the new house has officially commenced. Chris and Daphne signed the closing papers after their final walk through Wednesday. It was now Saturday and everyone available has met up to help the couple move.

Hazel was now in her 17th week. No one wanted her over doing anything so she baby sat the girls, keeping them occupied so they wouldn't get in the way of everyone moving boxes and furniture.

Daphne and Laura were in the middle of unloading at the new house. Daphne takes a rocking chair in that had originally belonged to Chris's dad. She carries it down the hall before reaching the room Chris has already deemed the future nursery. She places the chair down and takes a moment to sit. Glancing over at the wall she sees the sign Chris had hung almost two months ago.

Chris and Daphne lay holding one another after the first softball game of the season. "So, what did Dr. Kallen say?" Chris asks her.

Daphne sits up a little bit more. "I'm not pregnant. You were right. That little bit of spotting I had along with the awful cramping was just my body dealing with not being on my birth control anymore."

Chris tucks her hair behind her ear. "We knew that was the most likely reason. Does he think the cysts could be coming back already?"

"No. He says my body just needs time to reaclimate itself since I've been on birth control for almost fourteen years. Said I can still experience irregular cycles too," she tells him with a sigh.

Chris sits up in the bed to be eye to eye with his wife. "It's still early, Daph. Don't give up yet."

"It's hard when I already know how difficult it's going to be," she says as a single tear falls across her cheek.

  Chris gently wipes the tear from her face but goes back to cup her cheek in his hand. "You're going to be a mom, Daphne. I promise."

  She throws back the covers and angrily gets out of bed. "You can't promise me that, Chris!" She yells as she grabs her clothes before storming into the bathroom.

  He follows after her. "Yes, actually I can! You don't have to carry a baby to be a mom. You know that."

  Daphne turns back around to face him. "But it's what I want. I know you're right but I want it. I want the morning sickness. I want to feel the sweet nudge of my child. I want to gain forty pounds knowing that it's because I'm growing a child! I want to see you dote on me because you think I'm too fragile while I'm carrying your child. Can you understand that? Please?"

  Chris gives her space while she vents her frustration. But once she finishes he takes her in his arms and just lets her weep, covering his bare chest in tears.

  They stand in silence, finding comfort in each other's arms and warmth. Finally, Chris pulls back. "I'll try to understand better, I promise." He places a gentle kiss on the top of Daphne's nose. "It's only been a few weeks. Don't give up on me yet."

  "I'm trying," she whispers softly. "I just really want a little blue eyed boy with your big smile. And there's only one way for that to happen." She looks up at him through her dark lashes, pleading.

  Chris gently holds her face in the palm of his hands, lifting her face towards his. "Funny, because I want a sweet brown eyed baby girl with your freckles." 

  Daphne stays just another moment longer in silent prayer. Prayers for the future of their family, the future of their marriage. "Baby, I think we can go get another load," Laura calls out to her.

  "Coming, mom," Daphne says back as she gets up from the rocker, walks to the door and shuts it behind her.

~~~~~
Chris POV

  "I'm drawing the line at putting your bed together," Ollie says after moving the headboard into our bedroom.

  It's close to 10 pm at this point in the day. We've moved almost everything from Daphne's into the new house.

  "It's fine really. We just need the mattress at this point," I say smugly.

  "You're lucky I like you, Evans. Even though I'm not a fan of y'all's little innuendos," Ollie says with a pointed finger.

  I laugh as I clasp his shoulder. "We appreciate all the help today, man. I know it's not a fun way to spend a Saturday but it's the only day I didn't have to work."

  James walks through the door carrying the garbage bags full pillows. He tosses them onto the mattress. "Dude, I'm done. Rene took the girls home two hours ago. I'm headed out now in the hopes I don't pass out before I get home."

  "Guess I'm out too, he's my ride," he tells me.

   I follow them towards the front door. "Daph! Your brother's are leaving!"

  Daphne walks back in from the laundry room where she was organizing the shelves. "Bye fellas," she says before leaning up to give them each a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks again."

  "Pool is on you next week, Chris," James says. "And the first round."

  "You got it," I say opening the door for them. We stand on the porch and watch them drive away.

  "Just you and me again, Mr. Evans," my bride says as we walk back into the house.

  "Whatever will we do, Mrs. Evans?" I ask wrapping my arms around her waist.

  Daphne hums softly. Her face looks blissful, serene. "Sleep."

  I breathe a sigh. "Good because I'm exhausted." We both fall into a fit of laughter. "Why don't you go soak in the tub while I throw some sheets on the bed?"

  "That almost sounds heavenly, with one exception."

  At this point I've already started putting on clean sheets. "What's the exception?"

  "I help with the sheets so you can join me," she says.

  "I think that can be arranged."

~~~~~
Daphne POV

  I sense the sun's rays start to shine through our curtainless bedroom window before I even open my eyes.  Resting against my husband's chest, in our new house, I have such a sense of peace. It's wonderful that we have this house together, but Chris is my home.

  My head rises and falls in the rhythm of his breathing. He's not snoring but I can tell he's still asleep. His shift isn't until 7 pm tonight so there's no rush in getting him up and going.

  Quietly I crawl out of the bed and go into the living room where I find Dodger still asleep in his bed. Of course as soon as he hears me he pops up. I head for the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. Chris insisted it be the first item we brought to the house. He's so thoughtful of his wife's needs.

  I let Dodger out through the front door for him to take care of business. Since I'm not sure how far he may venture off yet I stay outside with him.

  "Come on, bubs. Let's get mama's coffee and we'll go sit on the back porch."

I had no idea how much I would truly enjoy being here on this property. It has the feeling of being in the middle of nowhere but yet I know that town is only seven miles up the road. Secluded just enough that it's peaceful. I can't hear the cars driving by or even the train that runs through town. I can hear the birds and the light babbling of the creek that runs along the property.

About half way through my first cup I look up to see Chris shuffling through the sliding glass door. "Thought I'd find you here." His ruffled bed head is adorable. But it's the pajama pants resting low on his hips and his bare chest that catch my eye most.

Chris comes to sit next to me and wraps his arms around me, pulling me onto his lap. "I don't like waking up without you next to me." He nuzzles into my hair before locating my neck.

"Sorry, babe. Just thought I'd let you grab a few more winks," I tell him as I ruffle his hair with my fingers.

Dodger comes running back up onto the porch after hearing his daddy's voice. "Hey Bubba. You go exploring?" He asks as he scratches behind his ear. Dodger answers with a loud bark. "That's right boy. Bark all you want out here."

Again, I feel peace and gratitude. I'm so thankful for this little piece of heaven on Earth.

"What's on the agenda for the day?" He asks me.

"I thought we'd put in some work unpacking a few boxes before lunch with mom and dad. Then maybe I'd join you for your nap before work?"

"Sounds like a good plan," he says standing up. "Let's get me a cup of coffee and top yours off before we tackle the boxes."

"Speaking my love language, babe," I say as I take the hand he offers.

~~~~~
Chris POV

"Praying for you," Daphne tells me as I walk to my truck. She stands on the porch to wave me off as I head into the station.

"Thanks, baby. I appreciate it." And it's the honest truth.

It's about a ten minute drive back into town where the station is located, assuming I don't get caught by a train. This time of day it's rare but definitely more likely to happen when I'm trying to get home in the morning.

The Chief is headed out as I'm walking in. "Sir," I say greeting him.

"Hey, did Vince ask you about a double?" He asks me.

"No," I say shaking my head. Please don't ask me to do a double today.

"He's looking for coverage on Friday if you're available," Chief tells me.

"Depends on the time. I'm off that day but can maybe help out. Daphne and I have plans in the evening," I mention as I remember the double date we planned with Hayden and Charlotte.

"You can check the schedule but I think it's a day shift," he says before he walks out of the door.

  I've barely had time to throw my stuff in the locker and check the schedule before the siren sounds. I run back into the garage to see Hayden jumping up in the driver's seat. Once I'm in the rig we call in to dispatch for more information.

  "Automobile accident off US1 South. Head on collision," dispatch says.

  Hayden flicks on the lights and sirens as we pull onto US1 headed South. We know we're getting close as traffic starts to back up. Unfortunately neither of us were prepared for what we would find.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 2.7K 30
No kissing? Then how are people supposed to believe it? HSMTMTS Season One / Original Character ©JJ 1/20/2020 - 8/25/2...
573K 29.5K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
26K 900 14
A Tangled-based storie with Hiccup as Rapunzel, Jack/Jackson as Flynn/Eugene, Pitch Black as mother Gothel, ... I've changed a few things, but the st...