same as in the past

By scthompson

Angeline Beaufort and Klay Thompson dated when they were young, but Angeline had to return to her hometown, P... More

1. the new girl
2.the game
3. I hate goodbyes
4. apparently time has passed
5. I thought I would never see her again
6. do you want to like, hang out?
7. the date
8. Independence Day
9. do we go to the curry house???
10.I want spend all the time with u
11. u and me under of the moonlight
12. acting work
14. Paris is the city of love, isn't it?
15. I hurt myself
16.The night of gala
17. What are you afraid of?
18. wedding plans
19. Moons
20. the beginning of a new chapter
21. epilogue

13. Can we talk?

141 1 0
By scthompson

[...]"Golden State Warriors player Klay Thompson is seen hugging and kissing actress and model Laura Harrier."

-What the fuck? -Angel speaks up, feeling a lump in her throat and tears coming down.

 It had been a week and a half since the incident, Klay had called the girl thousands of times, but without any result. She even asked Jordan for help, maybe if he talked to her best friend it would work, but to no avail.

-I tried, I swear. -Jordan said, sitting on the bench after practice. -Milena said she hates you too.

-I just wanted to forget about it and get everything back to normal. -Klay said.

-What? -Stephen arrived and sat down next to Thompson. -Are you still not settled with Angel?

-No, and there's no way. She won't see me, won't take my calls.

-In her situation I would be the same. -Jordan speaks and sighs.

 Klay knew he had made a mistake, not on purpose of course, but he knew he had made a mistake. Damn the hype, he wanted to yell and fight with everyone.

 Klay had everything with Angel, she literally was the center of his happiness, and now she didn't even want to talk to him. She couldn't concentrate in practice and her development in games was terrible.

 Angel couldn't deny that she was destroyed, this was consuming her, more and more each day. But no, she wouldn't talk to him.

 How could she? The love of her life had simply ignored everything they had experienced for another.

 But then again, no one stops loving someone out of the blue. Angel still missed his voice, his hair, and his laugh when she told him a story.

 That was so.... agonizing, sad, silly. She wanted to hit him at the same time she wanted to go back to him and hug him. Damned confused feeling.

-Hey, want to talk? -Milena sat next to her on the bed.

-No. -Angel said. -I'm fine, really.

-I know you're not, but I'm not going to force you into anything.

Milena's speech was interrupted by a call.

"Hi Jordan."

"Hi, is everything okay?"

"Apart from everything, it is."

"So, about that. Klay is really bad. He doesn't concentrate in practice, he just misses in the game, there's a chance he'll be on the bench."

"He should have thought of that before he kissed the girl." -Milena whispers.

"Don't you know?"

"Know about what?"

 Jordan told what Klay had told. That the thing was a commercial, hence the picture of the kiss, and that the hug was only thanking Laura, and that at that time, he was even talking about Angel.

"Oh my god"

"Yeah, right."-Jordan replies.

"We need to figure out a way for them to work it out."

"I have an idea in mind, I'll text it to you.

"Okay"

 The girl turned off her cell phone and sat down next to Angel, smiling.

-Why are you smiling like that?

-Nothing.

 Angel knew there was something there but chose to ignore it.

 Milena stayed on her cell phone for the rest of the afternoon, it was killing Angel. She knew the girl was up to something, and not knowing what, was agonizing.

-Angel, get changed. -Milena finally let go of her cell phone.

-What?

-Get changed. Let's go out.

-Milena, I don't want to leave.

-If you lie here while crying, it's worse. Come on, I swear you'll like it.

 After so much insistence from her friend, the girl gave in.

 Angel didn't know where she was going, he just trusted her word. She didn't feel like dressing up, so she put on sweatpants along with her Jordan.

 When she got there, she realized that it was her old school. The same school where she had met Klay.

-What are we doing here? -She asked, confused.

-Resolving things. -Milena said, pulling the girl's hand and leading her inside.

-Isn't this like... breaking and entering?

-Relax Angel, we've taken care of everything. -Jordan's voice came out of nowhere.

-Jordan? What are you doing here?

-Just follow me. -Milena said.

 The girl took Angel to the basketball court (kind of cliché and predictable). The lights were off and the only thing that illuminated the place were the lit candles on the table.

-I'll leave you to it. -Jordan says and leaves, with Milena by his side.

 Leaving only Klay and Angel in the place.

 Angel wanted to disappear, to run away before exchanging a word with him. Klay was so anxious that his legs were shaking and his hand was sweating more than on the day of the draft. Klay knew that if he didn't make the first move, the girl wouldn't. That was obvious, Klay had hurt her, he didn't judge her for it.

-Hi. -He said apprehensively.

-Hi.

-You'd better sit down. -Klay began to pull the chair out for her, who didn't refuse. -It's been years since I've talked to you.

-What do you want, Klay?

-To apologize to you.

 -Is that all?

-What do you think I did Angel?

-Isn't it obvious? I saw you kissing and hugging her. -His throat began to form a lump and tears threatened to well up.

-I did nothing of the sort. The kiss was a commercial. -Klay began to tear up. -I didn't mean to kiss her, I swear. And the hug, Laura is my friend, she knows about you and would never do anything to separate us. And neither would I. Damn it, Angel, you've known me since I was a teenager.

-What did you expect me to think? If you received a picture of me kissing someone else, would you act cool?

-No.

-Then.

-Look, Angel, I know you must think I'm a complete idiot and never want to see me again. But I need you to trust me. Because I love you more than anything, and I can't concentrate on anything but you. Being away from you is the worst thing I could ask for in the world, so here I am, begging you to forgive me.

-You know I do. As much as I'm still angry, I love you.

 That was it, look how conversation is the basis of everything. The two were resolved, with no more misunderstandings and more in love than ever. There is no perfect relationship, it is normal to have arguments and fights, and it is even more normal when the two understand each other perfectly. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one more chapter yaaay, this chapter was shorter than the others because it served as a reconcialization :) Hope you enjoyed it, see you next time! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1K 939 35
Amari hates Stephen from something that happened a while ago but then gets stuck in a publicity stunt to help her career. Find out what happens when...
56.9K 1.3K 26
β€’"I'm not exactly the best driver" β€’"I noticed" He thought he would never fall in love again, but instead crashed into love.
12.3K 210 18
Elia a college student exchanged her love, but for what in return? She falls for Devin Booker another college student. Whose serious about his caree...
123K 4.2K 47
"I'm seeing the pain, seeing the pleasure / Nobody but you, 'body but me, 'body but us / Bodies together / I'd love to hold you close, tonight and al...