Àyànfé

fehfehszn

He licked his plump lips and my eyes automatically went there. He noticed and started inching down to my own... Еще

Face claims 🤎
Copyright
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27

6

313 72 24
fehfehszn

Àyànfé

I woke up to the blinding rays of sunlight. I forgot to draw the curtains last night.

"Damn!" I groaned then stood up to draw the curtains. My besties were still dead asleep.

"Wake up bitches. It's afternoon already!!" I screamed in their ears. It was barely nine in the morning.

"God!! I have to go home!" Nafisa jumped up, scrambling around for her things, while Nori barely moved her body.

"Calm down jor. It's just 9am" I laughed. "Let's go make breakfast"

"Ahh thank God" Nafisa sighed in relief.

"Won't this girl wake up like this?" I asked.

"Let's pour cold water on her" Nafisa suggested evilly.

"And get my bed wet? No thank you" I raised a brow at her.

"Fineee...I'll slap her" She said.

"Suit yourself" I shrugged. Almost immediately, Nafisa pounced on her and gave her a hot slap.

Tah!

Nori jumped up immediately, disoriented.

"Ouch! what the fuck was that!?" She asked, sleep still evident in her eyes.

"Umm... Àyànfé slapt you" Nafisa lied then ran out of the room.

"What?!! She's so mischievous. I didn't slap you Nori, she did!" I defended myself. Nori just rolled her eyes in response and got out of bed. I was shocked because Nori was not so nice. She was the meanest out of us girls and revenge was her mantra.

"What's for breakfast?" She asked with a huge yawn. She looked so cute I felt like squishing her cheeks.

"We'll probably make pancakes and eggs" I replied.

"You know I don't eat eggs"

"Yeah I know. So no eggs for you"

"Bacon?" She asked.

"I'm not too sure if we still have bacon. I hope so sha" I replied. We left my room and went into the kitchen. Nafisa was already munching on a plate of sliced watermelons.

"Fat ass" I said, stealing a slice. She stuck out her tongue at me.

Suddenly, Nori landed a hot slap on Nafisa's cheek.

Tahh!

"Ouch!!! What the fuck is wrong with you?" Nafisa whined, holding her cheek.

"You know better than slapping me, you thought I won't revenge?" Nori laughed.

"Witch!" Nafisa mumbled. They continued their bickering, while I brought out our Aunt Jemima Pancake mix. I checked the refrigerator for bacon, and luckily we still had a decent amount left.

"There's bacon!" I announced happily.

"Oshey"

"Yesssirrr" The girls shared my enthusiasm. If there was one thing the three of us loved, it was bacon. We usually held our own monthly bacon competition. The person who eats the highest quantity of fried bacon gets five thousand naira from the losers.

I was in the middle of making pancakes, when my Dad entered into the kitchen with Monifa.

"Good morning Daddy"

"Good morning sir" The girls chorused.

"Good morning girls. Y'all slept well?" He asked. We nodded.

"Should I make some pancakes for you?" I asked my Dad.

"Yes please. You might as well make some for everyone" He replied.

"I gotta make some for this girl?" I pointed at Monifa with mock disgust. "And Tokunbo?"

"I hate you" Monifa said.

"Omo I hate you more" I smirked.

"Ohhhh it's too early for this" My Dad groaned and left the kitchen. We all laughed, except Monifa who was still busy glaring at me. She left the kitchen soon after.

We eventually finished making breakfast, and my friends had to leave so I packed their food in aluminum foils for them to take home.

I set breakfast on the dining table with the help of my sister, and settled down. The whole family joined the table soon after, and we began eating.

"How are my babies doing?" I asked my step mom, referring to her pregnant belly.

"They are doing amazing. I can't wait for them to pop out though" She replied with a sigh. The babies were due to be delivered in about eight weeks.

"I can't wait to see them" I grinned widely. Tokunbo just groaned loudly.

"You need to get rid of that attitude Tokunbo. The babies won't need your negative energy" My step mom said. He just rolled his eyes. Ever since my step mom announced her pregnancy, my brother couldn't be more indifferent.

"Rude ass" Monifa mumbled, voicing out my thoughts. I was the only one who could hear her because she was sitting next to me.

There was an awkward silence afterwards as everyone continued eating.

"Guess what?" My Dad asked me, attempting to break the silence.

"What Dad?"

"Your cousins are coming down to Nigeria for the summer" He smiled.

"Which ones?" I asked.

"Come on girl, your favourites. Audrey and Dior" My Dad said.

"Oh my gosh!!! Are you serious Daddy?" I jumped up, excited. It's been almost a year I saw my favourite cousins and I was really excited.

"I'm very serious Àyànfé" He replied.

"Omo I can't wait to see them— wait how come they didn't tell me?" I frowned. We called one another often and they never mentioned it.

"Oh shoot...it was meant to be a surprise" He scratched his neck.

"You ruined the surprise Dad" Tokunbo laughed.

"When are they coming?" I asked, bouncing in my seat.

"Their flight should land in about.... four hours" My Dad answered, looking at the wall clock.

"Today?!!" My eyes widened in surprise. I didn't expect them to be here so soon.

"Ahhh now it's gonna be a house full of girls. I hate it here" Tokunbo groaned, making everyone laugh. Our laughters died down, and we went back to eating.

"When last did you speak to Mom?" Tokunbo asked me.

"Ermm" I scratched my hair nervously. I hadn't spoken to my Mom in almost two weeks. "Did something happen?"

"So something has to happen before you can call your mother abi?" He asked, raising his voice slightly.

Why can't she call me too.

"I'll call her ahh" I replied with a little hiss. He eyed me before going back to his food. My Dad cleared his throat awkwardly. My parents parted years ago with a lot of drama, and things were still a bit weird between them.

We finished our meals and cleared the table. My step mom went back to bed to relax and my Dad drove Monifa to Lagos Lawn Tennis Club for her weekend lessons. My brother went out to play football at the stadium near our house.

This was a typical Saturday morning in my house. I decided to head to my room to call my Mom.

I sat by the window with my phone in hand. I took a deep breath then dialed her number. It rang a few times before her sweet voice filled my ears.

"Oh look who called" She said, in her signature British accent.

"Well hello to you too Mom"

"Hi baby. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great Mommy. Your kids?" I asked. After my parents separated, my mom got married two years later and had a son. She later went on to have two more children.

"Your siblings are doing great" My Mon said, emphasizing on the 'siblings' part. My half siblings and I didn't really have a close relationship, and my Mom was always trying to mend that. But life doesn't work that way.

"Now tell me why you haven't spoken to your Mom in two weeks Aymee?" She added, calling me my Caribbean name. My Mom parents were Jamaican before they decided to immigrate to England.

"Yeah I've been busy...too much stuff going on" I replied.

"What's going on?"

"You know I've been studying for my exams and all that" I replied.

"I told you the SATs would be stressful. You would have been better off here in the UK"

"I know Mom, I can't go back now" I replied, rolling my eyes. I wasn't in the mood to argue with her. We talked for some time, before I ended the call.

I decided to take a short nap until it was time to go pick up my cousins from the airport.

*****************************

Author's note
   Wos poppin guys?? Yeah I know it's been over two days...I just kinda lost motivation to write. But anyways I'm back(hopefully I don't disappear again💀).
  I know this chapter wasn't all that, but it's gonna get better *pinky promise*. Don't forget to vote⭐, drop comments and share.
   Bye my luvs!💞

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

I got you Joan Mwangi

Любовные романы

291K 9.1K 34
"I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you right now,"he whispered in my ear as he breathed down my neck leaving small kisses here and there. ...
246K 6.6K 53
*Rejected at First Sight* Spin-off series (By GirlWhoChasesRainbow) 🌶 "Oomph!" The sound rushed out of my mouth as the door opened before I could r...
Donnica story: My days at Blake high School falade odunayo

Подростковая литература

77.8K 11.4K 80
For seventeen years, I was trapped in a boring life, the people I made contact with everyday are my parent, Julia and no one else, my aunt drops by o...