Legion of Dionysus

By Writing-Pixie

This isn't your typical paranormal/fantasy demon based romance... In this world there is a thin line between... More

Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 13

696 62 0
By Writing-Pixie

Posted 9/10/21

3168 words

"The most general thing we can do with mana is convert it into energy, like how we are able to use it to provide voltage for the man made appliances in the house. Or we can use it in a more traditional sense to power our spells." Namjoon and I went down to the dynamic dungeon after breakfast this morning so he could hold a new lesson with me. It's been converted into the same library once again, and he's instructing me the basics regarding mana and magic in general. The problem is that I am not grasping it, nor am I able to follow along properly.

I phase out even more as I reminisce about jokes I would make in high school when one of my friends was being dense. 'You're as bright as a burnt out lightbulb.' 'You're not the brightest crayon in the box. Are ya?' 'You're about as sharp as a bowling ball.' Only had I directed those jokes at myself right now they would probably lack the loving affection I made sure to inject into every single word.

Honestly though, I don't think it is completely a mental lack of focus and capability of understanding that is keeping me from following along with his explanations. I think a lot of it probably has to do with how my hormonal side keeps distracting me by conjuring kinky teacher/student scenarios in my head. It doesn't help that I subconsciously wore a skirt to this learning session. Stop trying to implement the private school/teacher kink element already! Of course yelling at myself only works for a short period of time.

I mentally take a deep breath in some kind of additional attempt to regain my focus. "How's that applied to the dynamic dungeon?" I find myself asking before giving myself the chance to fully think the concept through. Huh. That is curious though. It isn't a man made concept like the appliances are. Before now I only connected it with the similar fictional elements found in my favorite wizard/witch fiction and sci-fi television series. I never worried over considering what made it function the way it did.

I can tell that he is trying to mentally formulate a proper way to answer me. I can't help but sense that each one of them are trying their damndest to keep me from knowing something, or perhaps they are keeping from learning about more than one juicy secret. I am sure the root of the matter involves something regarding not only my humanoid side that is clouded in mystery, but probably theirs as well. I just don't understand why they are still keeping it so tight lipped about it. True, it has been only a handful of days since we met, and I definitely empathize with how difficult it can be to be straight with a virtual stranger about anything personal. However, since it has to do with me as well, isn't it something I should know? So at the very least, I can start properly training that side as well if I need to.

"I can't really go into the particulars, because quite honestly I don't completely understand the core of it myself. The magic that changes the use of this room is actually powered by one of Jungkook's abilities. He is an expert illusionist. Due to our access to ever replenishing mana because of the converging ley lines beneath us, he was able to create a magical seal on the floor of the room that essentially permeates a spell. You already know that the spell in question creates anything the user should need. Due to the unlimited mana the illusion is capable of being all sensory as well. Hence why we can physically interact with the items."

Despite the fact that he claimed not to completely understand it, I can't help but feel that he explained it quite well. However, I get the feeling his bigger concern was trying to explain to me why Jungkook had access to this specific ability. What about his genetic makeup gave him the ability to cast illusion spells to begin with? Or was it something he was trained to do? And why did it sound like it was something proprietary to him alone? Those were the questions I knew I couldn't formulate, because I knew those were the kind of things that for some reason he was avoiding. Of course my immediate guesses at the humanoid form we could be are wizard, mage, sorcerer, and any other possible synonym for fictional magical caster. Well, not fictional in this case actually. I have to stop thinking that everything is based in a world of fiction, when in all honesty the opposite is more than likely true. Huh. That thought makes me wonder if some authors famous for their worlds of fiction have some outside knowledge that the general population isn't privy to, or if perhaps generations ago magical creatures didn't keep themselves hidden like they do now.

"So, when you brought me down here you said that you believed I would have access to basic spells outside of the ones innately connected to my Succubus blood. I get the impression that illusion is strictly a talent that Jungkook can cast. So, what abilities specifically were you referring to?" Honestly, I'm starting to grow angry that none of them will just flat out tell me what they are expecting from my unknown abilities. I can only hope that I am not unintentionally taking that anger out on them. Another problem right now is the fact that I know that my monthly visitor is right around the corner, and I might unintentionally tap into my bitchy side because of it. Damn fucking hormones.

He sighs. "Give me just a second."

As I see his focus begin to reflect inwardly I ask myself. What exactly is he up to now? Will I like the outcome of their telepathic conversation? Or will I be left with even more questions?

"Does anyone have a problem with the idea of sharing with Everleigh what we are?" I telepathically ask the group.

"What each of our races are specifically? Or did you mean it in the broader sense of the word?" Seokjin asks.

"I was thinking in a broader sense for now. If we each want to share with her further we can do that at our own pace." I am pretty sure us shifters will each want to hold onto that information for now, and Taehyung's race is more complicated than the rest of ours. He'll probably specifically hold onto that information longer than most.

"I was just trying to get a feel for her current emotions. It's a bit more difficult since Hoseok taught her how to cloak her magical signature, like that block is also applying to her emotions as well." I feel a bit calmer now that Jimin is once again talking with us. Even if it is only via the telepathic link.

"Why does everyone have to fucking blame me all the time? She had to know how to do that so she wouldn't be leaving her magical signature everywhere she went!" Hoseok conveys his immediate annoyance.

"I do agree that was an ability she should know. Perhaps I can try to teach her a different way of cloaking her signature. That way she can learn a separate way to cloak her emotions." I hadn't planned on actually teaching her anything ability related today, but it's not a bad idea to proceed forward with. "Were you still able to learn something, Jimin?"

"She's getting annoyed with all the secrecy. She is confused why everything is being kept so hush hush. If I am interpreting it correctly, she also thinks it would be beneficial to know her other side as well so she can train that also."

"Okay, then let's all meet at the dining room table. Jimin, I want you to sit beside her during this conversation. Perhaps proximity will assist you in determining how she is perceiving the conversation."

I don't share with the others that while Everleigh is annoyed with our secrets that she just might be keeping one or two of her own. I also chose not to share my own curiosity regarding her shapeshifting or glamouring ability.

Despite my curiosity and misgivings I do agree with Namjoon that she needs to know at least part of what we are keeping hidden from her.

I also read from her another thing that would bring her future discomfort, but I wasn't about to share that with the others due to my fear that it could humiliate her. The possibility of that happening bothers me more than I can describe. She's tough though. Could she really be humiliated that easily? Honestly that was hard to say regarding the subject of her future discomfort. It had been ages since I had regularly been around women, and then it was a taboo subject to talk about in mixed company.

Namjoon instructs her to sit beside him, and I take the seat on her other side. When she tries to tuck her hands away in her lap I take one for myself and weave my fingers between hers. Perhaps touch will also help me get a better sense of her emotions. At least that's what I tell myself, but in reality I am probably simply craving her touch.

Namjoon clears his throat. "Everleigh, we realize that we haven't been upfront with you about what we are, about what we believe your other half to be also. We are quite used to having those around us already know that aspect of our nature due to how long we each have lived."

Oh, I didn't think about bringing up the aspect of our lifespan's longevity. That is just as easily explained regarding our demonic side, since that side makes us essentially immortal. However, some of us have had hundreds of years of life before we would ever consider signing the deal that gave us our demonic aspects.

Seokjin clears his throat. "It's true that we are essentially immortal now, but before signing that contract I had already lived for five hundred or so years myself. I only signed the contract about two hundred years ago."

"So, that makes you over 700 years old?" To say she is shocked would be an understatement, but she immediately is able to make sense out of the logic. Her curiosity overrides it almost instantly. "What about the rest of you?"

"I'm just shy of being 700 myself." Yoongi surprisingly admits. Although it makes some sense since he automatically answered next due to the fact that he is the second oldest.

"I'm six hundred and forty years young." Hoseok answers with his trademark smirk; the same smirk he has insisted over and over again that women fall all over themselves for. "I know. I still look good." He winks, and I mentally send him a telepathic eye roll.

Everleigh's face flushes bright, and I don't have to tap into her feelings to know she is immediately turned on. The hand I am not holding is currently clamped between the thighs that she just shut tight, although there hadn't been much space to begin with due to the skirt she was wearing. I had to avert my eyes from her lap because due to the way she shifted her skirt climbed up ever so slightly baring more of her ivory thighs. I averted my attention to Namjoon to see if he also noticed her reaction. His emotions are locked up tight, but the way his tongue lingered over his lower lip for a moment is just enough to clue me in.

Namjoon's mental groan is halfway veiled before he turns his eyes away and attempts to regain focus. "Hoseok." He telepathically cautions Hoseok to behave before clearing his throat. "I just turned six hundred not terribly long ago."

I guess that makes it my turn. "I'm 525 years old."

Taehyung makes a noise to draw her eyes to him. "I'm 450."

Jungkook offers her a smile. "Before you I was the baby of the group. I'm 333. Some believe that triple digits composed of the same number are good luck. Much like a rabbit's foot."

I mentally groan. Of course he would make an analogy like that.

"That still doesn't answer what your race is. Forgive me for saying the word, because I know it has derogatory connections with how people have been uttering it. But, what about you makes you what others refer to as 'halfbreed?'" I smile to myself as I hear her mentally scolding herself for not coming up with a better term for it yet.

"Before we were converted into demons one half of us was human. No, I don't mean humanoid. One half of us was specifically human." Namjoon explains. "That was the part of us our race that others looked down upon. The part that didn't make us pure." He lets that sink in. "The other half of us is Fae."

"Fae as in fairies?" She unsurprisingly asks.

Yoongi snorts. "Fae is a much higher classification than primarily faeries alone."

Jungkook smirks at Yoongi beside him. "Yes, for example a cat is a feline, but not all felines are cats."

"Or how rabbits and hares, while quite similar, are actually separate species of lagomorphs." Yoongi retaliates in kind.

I mentally shake my head. Jungkook really should have known better than to go after Yoongi like that.

Everleigh nods thoughtfully. "Okay, then outside of fairies, can you give me some other examples?"

"Basically anything supernatural or mythological you can think of outside of demons and gods. Although when it comes to beast like creatures the fae counterpart is essentially a human that can shift into the beast form. There are of course also shifters who can shift into animals you would find on Earth. As well as a species called Therianthropes who can shift into any chosen species, with limitations it would take too long to explain." Namjoon gives her information to sort out without having to fully tell her what each of us are yet.

"So, I know a little regarding fairies since my adopted mom was a bit obsessed with them. I was curious if the court system was real. Seelie and Unseelie."

Mentally I warn the others. "Don't correct her regarding faeries versus fae again. She understands the difference; she is merely trying to find a way to connect it to something she already has an understanding of."

Seokjin clears his throat. "Before even my birth the Seelie and Unseelie both decided to disband and form slightly smaller courts. Now there are four traditional courts: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. There is also a neutral faction that doesn't exactly see themselves as a court. They tend to refer to themselves as either The Courtless, Solitary, or even Neutral."

I mentally sigh before sharing more information with her. "Each of the official courts operate under a monarchical political system, which I am sure you were probably expecting since you knew of the idea of Seelie and Unseelie." She nods at me. "While there are different types of Fae within each court, the fae royals are always sidhe." I spell it out for her so she understands that I didn't say 'she.' "I guess you can think of them as tall magical elves of royal bloodlines."

"Are you... Do you think...?" I tighten my hand around hers. Once she looks at me I nod, coaxing her to ask the question she is curious to know the answer to. "Do you think I am also Fae? Have you already determined what kind I am?"

"It's difficult to determine what you are specifically. We are pretty sure you are either fae or a caster of some sort." Taehyung explains in a way that still leads to more questions.

"So, magical casters exist also?"

Yup, exactly the question I expected after Taehyung's phrasing.

"Yes, they do." Hoseok nods. "In fact, I am pretty sure I know a way to prove that you are fae. Nearly all fae have at least a small natural penchant for healing. If you are fae it is likely that you will at least be able to concentrate on partially healing wounds." Then I sense what he is planning as he walks into the kitchen. I get an almost visual idea of his plan and before I can tell him not to, he slices a cut down the palm of his hand. He holds up the wound for Everleigh to see. "You just have to mentally picture it the way it was before. You have to want it to return to the way it looked without the cut."

She glares daggers at him before focusing on the wound. For a brief moment her green eyes seem to flicker as she casts the spell without hesitation. I can't be certain, but I think I sensed, or sighted, a different color entirely during that flicker. Since, I'm not certain I instead focus on Hoseok's hand, and I'm unsurprised that his injury slowly seals shut. The magic isn't perfect since she is a novice, a pink line remains down his palm. However the fact that she did it does solidify answers we had already considered.

Everleigh releases my hand and jumps up from her chair. I'm sidetracked from her trajectory for a moment as I watch the chair topple a bit on its four legs after the abrupt way she vacated her seat. I hear the way she angrily stomps over to Hoseok, and when I empathically sense her planned actions I don't make a move to stop her, as personally I think her reaction is completely justified. The sound of the palm of her hand impacting his cheek echoes around the room. "Never. Ever. Pull a fucking stunt like that again."

As she walks past me I can't help but groan when I realize layered underneath her anger, annoyance, and even somewhat veiled concern is a more primal need. "She doesn't know it herself yet, but she's starting to get hungry again."

"Hoseok, you should have checked with me before you even considered doing that." Namjoon growls at him. His wrath just under the surface in response to the injustice of his actions.

Had I been able to react more promptly I could have tried to stop him.

Hoseok sighs. "You're right." Then his mood immediately changes to the lust that is his second nature. "I'll just go up and apologize to her right now."

"No. You won't. I'll go and take care of her needs. You will apologize tomorrow." Namjoon delivers the thought as if it were a form of punishment for Hoseok.

I mentally sigh. It might have made me utterly exhausted, but I can't help but remember the touch of her lips on my own when she fed from me days ago.

A/N:  So now that you know what makes the seven "halfbreeds."  Any guesses on what type of fae each might be?  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 236 34
They meet each other when they are kids they don't realize what is coming for them. They will meet the legendary creatures that everyone believed wer...
689 97 12
*Pride* *Lust* *Greed* *Wrath* *Gluttony* *Sloth* *Envy* 'People told me stories about them, suggesting that they may or may not exist. As if they...
327 50 13
"𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 π’“π’†π’˜π’Šπ’π’…π’” π’Šπ’•π’”π’†π’π’‡, π’π’π’π’š 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒄𝒂𝒏 π’„π’‰π’‚π’π’ˆπ’† 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆." In a world where humans a...
4.6K 465 41
Sequel to If I Live. Jisoo is gone, leaving nothing but just a trampled team and waiting BTS. The team has fallen, hate has built and betrayal is in...