The x Other x Kurta

By babyneko21

Akari is a Kurta who was born in Yorknew City, so she was never present for the massacre. As such, her life a... More

I. Yorknew Public Library
II. Breakfast Meeting
III. Confrontation
IV. Library Visitors
V. An Unlikely Find
VI. Critical Information
VII. An Unexpected Reunion
VIII. Unpleasant Encounters
IX. Fight!
X. Surprising Turn of Events
XI. Rescue Mission, Kind Of
XIII. Empty Threats
XIV. The Showdown
XV. Finale
Author's Note

XII. The Missing Peace

97 4 0
By babyneko21

• Kurapika •

Kurapika took a quick look around the room. What the...? What was Akari doing with two of the Phantom Troupe members? And why was she so comfortable in their presence?

Killua flipped out at the sight before him. "Just what on God's green earth are you doing here with these two?"

"I can explain-"

"I sure hope so!" Killua cut Akari off. "I just got used to the idea of you working with Illumi, and here you are chatting up a storm with Feitan as well!" He punched the wall. "I swear to God, Akari, I'm gonna kill you!"

Gon interfered. "Akari, what's going on?"

"There's nothing for her to explain," Illumi responded coldly. "It's private business."

"It's not like we're harming her or anything," Feitan justified himself.

"I don't know about that," Kurapika was quick to talk back. "According to the grocery store employee, you were chasing after her like a madman." He narrowed his eyes at the small interrogator.

"Tch, they lied."

Gon walked closer to the table, with a sincere look on his face. "Akari, are you okay? Blink once if yes. Blink twice if no."

Akari laughed. "Gon, you're too funny. Of course I'm-"

"Just do as he said!" Killua commanded.

"My goodness, Killua! What did I do to you?" Akari showed immense confusion. "I can't understand why you're so mad at me!"

Killua lifted his transformed hand, claws ready to tear someone apart. "I don't know, Akari. Maybe the level of stupidity you've reached has made me lose my mind?"

He crouched down to get into a leaping position. As he was about to jump, Kurapika seized the hot-headed teen by his shoulders. "Killua, stop!"

Illumi glared at Killua. "Were you just about to kill the key to my mission?"

Killua blinked. "What? What key? What mission?"

Feitan gave Killua a hard look. "Yeah, dummy. Before you go around threatening people, maybe you should let them explain themselves."

"Sure, maybe you're right," Killua blurted out. "But I've been trying to keep this baka from crossing paths with this psycho!" He pointed at Illumi. "When the friend you keep trying to protect keeps defying you, how do you think you'd feel?"

Kurapika couldn't agree more. Did Akari really have to work with these two sketchy characters?

"Killua, maybe Akari has a good reason for working with them," Gon reasoned. He turned to Akari. "Can you confirm that you're not in danger? We did spend some time running around the city looking for you because we thought you were in trouble."

Akari nodded. "I'm fine. As a Crime Hunter, I've been assisting Illumi with some research. Feitan happened to get caught up in Illumi's mess, which is why he's here. We were just discussing a way to solve a huge problem." She brightened up. "I'm so sorry I worried you. Kurapika, I should've texted you, but I didn't want to wake you up." She gave him an apologetic look.

Killua looked at Kurapika, throwing a puzzled look at the latter. Gon was too preoccupied with Akari's apology to notice.

"It's fine," Kurapika said, shaking his head. "In the end, I'm glad we found you safe."

Feitan groaned. "Man, it's past my bedtime." He jumped out of his chair and headed towards the door. "I'll see you later, losers." He disappeared in a blink of an eye.

"I'm heading home for some sleep," Illumi said. "Akari, get some rest. We've got some major planning to do." With that, he also stepped out of the room.

Kurapika, Killua, and Gon joined Akari at the table. "We can walk you home," Kurapika offered.

"That won't be necessary," Akari announced. "I don't want to be a hassle anymore." She smiled at the three. "Thank you for attempting to save me."

• Ging •

Akari stepped into her condo, finding none other than Ging sitting comfortably on the loveseat.

"What's going on, Ging?"

Ging gestured towards the sofa chair across from him. "Sit," he ordered. He observed the exhausted girl as she plopped down on the couch without protest. "It seems you're in a bit of a pickle," Ging started.

"As are you," Akari retorted.

Ging frowned. "Now isn't the time to be making jokes, Akari. This is your safety we're talking about. It's my top priority."

Akari shook her head. "You should be watching your own back as well," she reiterated.

Ging sighed. "Please explain."

Akari told Ging about her discussion at the library with Feitan and Illumi, carefully keeping the characters' identities confidential. "They were just as surprised as I was when it all finally came together in here." Akari tapped the side of her head.

"That woman! I knew she was bad news as soon as she reemerged alive and well." Ging was furious. He looked at the sullen state of his responsibility and softened. "Say, why don't we pay your father a visit?"

Akari perked up. "Really? You'd do that?"

Ging silently nodded. He needed Akari to be in a better state and soon, so he figured this would be a good way to boost her morale. While they were visiting Cliff's grave, Ging would be making plans on how to resolve their situation with Mika.

Akari gave him a thumbs up. "I'll pack quickly." Akari found herself on her way out of Yorknew City for the second time that week.

• Illumi •

Illumi sat at the bar, enjoying a drink, when a friend stealthily joined him. He instantly knew who it was.

"Be honest. What are you gonna do with her once your mission is over?" Hisoka asked, afterwards taking a shot of his own drink.

Illumi shrugged. "I don't know, though I don't have a reason to get rid of her."

"You're joking."

Illumi turned to look at the eccentric character. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know I was capable of making jokes."

"You're a joke right now," Hisoka mentioned. "Don't you think she's using you for her own gain?"

"No, not at all," Illumi stated. "I'm using her instead."

"Poor soul never stood a chance against the all-powerful Illumi," Hisoka laughed.

"Cut that out," Illumi said as he threw Hisoka a threatening look.

"Okay, okay," Hisoka sighed in defeat. After a few seconds, he said, "Would you marry her?"

"Hisoka, do you like her?" Illumi raised an eyebrow.

"No, no. Just thought you might be interested in her and all. I don't have romantic feelings for anyone, but I find those who are weaker than me especially unappealing."

"Honestly, I don't think she's weaker." Illumi looked out the window. "In fact, I think she's hiding her true abilities." And I want to know what they are.

Hisoka grew quiet. Illumi figured he was wondering if he could take her on as an opponent one day but was surprised to hear the next thing that came out of Hisoka's mouth. "Listen, if you can't kill her, I will."

"Ohh, I get it now. You must be jealous that I've been spending so much time with her lately. Don't worry, Hisoka, things will go back to normal when my mission is over."

Hisoka shook his head. "No, Illumi, I'm not jealous." He chuckled. "Just wondering what you saw in her."

"I didn't see her as anything but a threat, but Killua convinced me to give her a second chance." Illumi looked down into his glass. "Aww, it's empty already." Then: "Why are you here again?"

Hisoka shrugged. "It's been awhile since I've seen you, so I thought I'd stop by." He paused. "Wait, a threat?"

"Yeah. She's a Crime Hunter, and she's supposed to investigate crimes. Her initial investigations were into our family."

Hisoka was shook. "She's got some balls to come after you Zoldycks like that."

"Ah, yeah. She's lucky she met Killua before me. Otherwise, she would've been done for." Illumi smiled. "You know, maybe it's good that you're in town. I may need your assistance."

"Anything for you," Hisoka said as he licked his lips.

Illumi frowned. "Stop being weird. I may need you for official business, not for whatever you have in mind."

"Fine by me," cooed the clown. "So what do you need me for?"

• Akari •

Akari and Ging walked through the still cemetery. As they made their way to her father's grave, Akari spoke up. "I had no idea you were a better father to me than your own son, Ging."

Startled by the accusation, Ging stopped walking. "What do you mean?"

"I'm talking about Gon."

Ging sighed, crossed his arms, and looked down at the ground. "You wouldn't understand."

Akari studied the slightly slumped figure. "Maybe not, but you could put in some effort to reconnect with him. He's dying to see you."

Ging gave Akari a side glance. "Maybe it's wrong for me to justify my reasoning, but please understand that my circumstances were unique at the time. I did what I thought was best for Gon."

Akari pulled Ging into a hug. "I don't know what pushed you to make the decisions you did, but that doesn't mean that things can't be corrected along the way." She took a couple of steps back. "I would do anything to have my dad back in my life. No one could ever replace him." She gave Ging a weak smile. "I'm sure Gon would love to get to know you, and I doubt he would hold your absence against you."

The two adults came upon Cliff's grave. Akari crouched down and placed a bouquet of flowers on it. She sat down cross-legged and began to talk. "Hi Dad, how are you? I miss you so much." Tears began forming in her eyes, but she didn't bother wiping them away. "But you know what? I'm a Hunter now. And in case you wanted to know, yes, Ging is taking good care of me." Akari looked up to see Ging smiling proudly. She continued. "Bad news though. Mom is alive, and she's up to no good. Honestly, I'm a little afraid to face her. I think it might happen soon – I can just feel it."

Ging joined Akari on the ground and patted her back. Akari smiled feebly. Her cheeks glistened from her tears as she carried on with her soliloquy. "Wish you were still here. You left behind many amazing people, Dad. I hope you're happy where you're at, and I hope you're proud of me. I can't wait to see you again one day."

The two sat on the ground, peacefully listening to the wind gently rustle the leaves and the birds happily chirp their favorite songs.

"You know, your father would tell you to not be afraid," Ging informed Akari.

"Yeah," Akari sniffed. Ging gave her a handkerchief to blow her nose.

After a few more minutes of enjoying their tranquility, Ging stood up and helped Akari to her feet. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and guided her out of the cemetery.

Akari was very grateful for the much-needed moment. Ging really did know her, and for that, she was incredibly thankful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 6.9K 41
Status: ✎Ongoing 39/45* // ↳《Female Zoldyck¡! Reader》 ➷Stars were out, moon was shining, and an auction was currently ongoing. It was a perfect night...
60.9K 1.3K 24
𝙎𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙐𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚... ✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ ❥Y/N's anime obsession is HxH. She somehow gets herself teleported in the...
350K 11.4K 48
FANFICTION!! I DO NOT OWN HXH ctto. of the photo *Completed At first, I thought he's just someone who loves to kill. Who loves to see someone in pai...
875K 28.4K 82
⚠️WARNING: DO NOT REPORT OR DELETE THIS BOOK IN THE SAKE OF OUR READERS!!🥺 THIS MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGE OR LEWD, IDK. IT'S A FANFICTION AFTER ALL. BUT...