Prince of Knights (An Arabic...

By TheQueenofDarkness

Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritua... More

MUST read if you want to read further :)
Prince of Knights (A Muslim's Love Story)
Prince of Knights Chp1
Prince of Knights Chp2
Prince of Knights Chp3
Prince of Knights Chp4
Prince of Knights Chp5
Here to answer Questions.
Prince of Knights Chp6
Prince of Knights Chp7
Prince of Knights Chp8
20 facts about the Queen.
Prince of Knights Chp9
Prince of Knights Chp10
Prince of Knights Chp11
Prince of Knights Chp12
Prince of Knights Chp13
Prince of Knights Chp14
Prince of Knights Chp15
Prince of Knights Chp16
Prince of Knights Chp17
Prince of Knights Chp18
Prince of Knights Chp20
Prince of Knights Chp21
Prince of Knights Chp22
Prince of Knights Chp23
Prince of Knights Chp24
Prince of Knights Chp25
Prince of Knights Chp26
Prince of Knights Chp27
Final decision
Prince of Kights Chp28
Prince of Knights Chp29
Prince of Knights Chp30
Prince of Knights Chp31
Prince of Knights Chp32
Prince of Knights Chp33
Prince of Knights Chp34
Book Cover!
Prince of Knights Chp35
Prince of Knights Chp36
Prince of Knights Chp37
Prince of Knights Chp38
Prince of Knights Chp39
Prince of Knights Chp40
Prince of Knights Chp41
Prince of Knights Chp42
Eagle of Knights
Prince of Knights Chp43
Prince of Knights Chp44
Prince of Knights Chp45
Prince of Knights Chp46
Nominated for Best Spiritual book
Prince of Knight Chp47
Prince of Knights Chp48
Prince of Knights Chp49
Prince of Knights Chp50
Prince of Knights Chp51
Prince of Knights Chp52
Prince of Knights Chp53
Here to help Muslim Authors
Prince of Knights Chp54
Prince of Knights Chp55
Prince of Knights Chp56
Prince of Knights Chp57
Prince of Knights Chp58

Prince of Knights Chp19

53.7K 3.1K 1.5K
By TheQueenofDarkness

 Salam, and hello guys, Enjoy this chapter.

___________________________________________________

~You left and I cried tears of blood. My sorrow grows. Its not just that you left. But when you left my eyes went with you. Now, how will I cry?~ Rumi.

Faris sat in the tent and looked at Sultan, who as promised dueled with Faris's knights. A small smile lifted the corner of his lips at the sight, his cousin was indeed proficient. Morning light seeped in the tent from the front. Gloomy, grey clouds veiled the sky now and then as they desired to witness the clash. A fire crackled next to the tent in order to provide the sheikh and his companions warmth. Faris permitted his eyes to look around the tent, he needed to train his men, his knights were verily matchless among the tribes. However, he knew his men would fail mercilessly in front of Badr, that mere thought impelled him to make his men invincible.

"You are engrossed in thoughts, brother." Faris heard Nasser's voice.

"Indeed I am. I have pondered and acceded to train my knights vigorously." Faris replied eyes on Sultan who ducked away from the sword that came for him like a vicious serpent.

Nasser chuckled. Faris turned his head slowly to his brother and hoisted an eyebrow. "What is so amusing, brother? Make us laugh as well."

"Do not ram your sword through my chest brother, but I wondered you thought of your bride." Nasser smirked at him.

Faris clenched his fist that rested on his thigh. "You are better when your lips are sealed." he looked away from Nasser to his men who sat on the other corner of the small tent and uttered mesmerizing verses of poetry.

"Father wishes to know." Nasser's sombre voice made the knight growl in vexation.

"He wishes to know how I act towards his enemy's daughter? Or he wishes to know when will I have off-springs?" Faris's voice was calm, so dreadfully calm that Nasser swallowed.

"No, he desired to know if you are content?" Nasser spoke after a moment's silence.

Faris inhaled then stared at the silver ring he wore on his little finger. "Father is already aware of that answer, ya Nasser."

"What will you do about my sister-in-law then?" Nasser interrogated.

Faris looked up from his ring when a gale swayed around the tent in attempts to unfurl it's bitter cold in the tent. "What other choice do I posses? I am caged with her even if I wish it or not." he snapped, brows knitted.

"May Allah have mercy on you." Nasser taunted and when Faris opened his mouth to hurl a harsh reply, Nasser turned to their companions and called for their attention. "Let us join you in the poetry battle as well."

"Indeed ya Sheikh." Adel grinned, rose to his feet and sauntered up to his friend, his brother, Faris. He sat alongside Faris al Furan and propped his elbow on a pillow as others assembled around.

Faris shook his head and endeavoured to listen to the men who vocalized awe-inspiring poetry. He himself was a versifier, every men in his tribe practiced their tradition and desired to sketch their religion, their world in words. After a while laughter rang in the tent when Nasser pronounced a rather humorous quote. One of the companions left the tent only to be back with ghawa and dates.

"May poetry and God's name have mercy on us." one of the men recited and the others nodded in agreement.

"I was compelled to you not because you are the fairest, but because you are the deepest. For a lover of beauty is usually a fool." Adel quoted once he chewed on his date.

"I believe you shall recite that for your spouse, ya Adel." Faris murmured only for his friend to hear.

Adel laughed wholeheartedly. "I have my friend, I have."

Faris sat straight and eyes were drawn to him. "They were present here, and they departed," he paused eyes on the rug in front of him. "Nothing was left but mere scent of absence." Faris at last uttered the words.

"Masha'Allah Faris, indeed that was compelling." Hamdan who joined them a while ago praised. Faris simply gave a nod. "Poor I and the sand, lucky you and the wind." Hamdan finished with his verse.

Few hours later the men vacated the tent. They made their way to masjid for Maghrib prayer and it was then Faris crossed paths with Badr. However, the knights disregarded each others presences altogether. They did not want to interchange words, for they knew it would ignite a blaze so severe  and kindle everything in it's path.

*

*

Raghad stood in front of the chimney and glared at the black wok on top of the coals. She was aware she needed to prepare the evening meal. Indeed, she knew how to cook but this was not here house. She looked around the small mud room with her bottom lip curled, silver pots, mugs were decorated on the shelves. There was a small dragget in the middle of the room and a wooden window on her left.

"You need my assistance?" Shouq questioned from over the potatoes she peeled.

"That would be wonderful." Raghad managed to pass a small smile and stared at Shouq's scarf that hung around her shoulders. She had thick glossy hair that reached her waist.

"Batool!" Shouq called her sister. A moment later Batool ran in the scullery without even a glance towards Raghad.

"What is it sister?" Batool demanded in a half-hearted tone.

"Peel this, I must assist Raghad." Shouq rose to her feet.

"Why? Has she not learned how to prepare a meal in her tribe?" Batool hissed, her sharp dark eyes at Raghad now.

The bride stood there and watched the seventeen summer girl glare at her. Raghad clenched her jaw and stared at Batool with an impassive expression. "I did not call you here to raise a dispute, sister. If you do not wish to aid then leave." Shouq shook her head at Batool's discourteous manners.

"If I leave mother will not be pleased, so I am forced to help any way." the imprudent girl growled and dropped on the space Shouq just sat on.

"I apologies for that," Shouq murmured once she was in front of Raghad. "She is cosseted by Faris. Unfortunately, she blames you for the veer of events." Shouq exhaled and dribbled water in the wok.

"I do not only have to deal with her brother but I have gained another foe." Raghad tusked and handed Shouq raw meat. She did not care if Shouq was his sister, she desired to speak the words that were in her heart.

"All will be well, Raghad. Have faith in your Lord." Shouq replied as she added garlic and spices in the wok.

"I have faith in my Lord, ya Shouq. He is the reason why I am capable to confront your brother." Raghad mixed the food with a ladle.

Once successful with the evening meal, Shouq and Raghad departed to prepare the sufra. In doing so, Raghad took note of how very dissimilar the Borkans lived from the Rashideens. Their houses baffled her at first, she did not like the thought of being encircled by clay walls. At times she felt as if the walls would compress and loot her soul away. She denied to go up the stairs when Shouq and Jazee asked her to join them. How on earth could they live that high?

That night to her utter contentment Faris did not attend the evening meal. Raghad sat alongside Shouq and literally eclipsed behind the girl when Nasser sauntered in to join them. She did not eat, the lack of appetite had made her vertiginous. She could not come up with the thought to eat.  The only thing she drank was a mug of goat milk before she retired for the day and lay on the mattress to greet a dreamless slumber.

Midnight opened it's door with a creak and Raghad sat up, she curled her bottom lip and clamped her teeth on it. Her belly ached perilously, she looked around in fret and her eyes fell upon the figure fast asleep on the cot. Curse that pot of milk she drank now she had to empty her belly. Raghad rocked her form back and forth when pain ascended another step in her lower abdomen.

"Ya Allah. Why did I drink the milk?" she questioned herself in a harsh whisper. Her narrowed eyes landed on Faris again and she knew there was no other alternative but to entreat for his aid.

Gradually, she rose to her feet and made her way towards the cot where his figure lay, tranquil. She looked up at the ceiling, at the small window near it and peered desperately at the half moon. Raghad looked back at the monster and scowled.

No, she will not ask for his help, with that she turned around to sleep but another wave of throb chewed at the end of her belly. She clenched her fists, rotated around to look at the man, she so abhorred sleep on the cot. "Ya Rab." Raghad murmured, tightened her scarf around her head with an exhale she called out for him.

"Faris," her voice was barely audible. She was demeaned beyond the bonds of possibilities and petrified of him at the same time. "Sheikh." this time his head rose from the pillow and those dark, inky eyes stared at her muddled. She observed from under her lashes as his gaze turned cold.

"What is it, woman?" Faris's gravelly voice demanded.

"I_I need to go." Raghad averted her gaze aware her cheeks turned scarlet.

"Then go, Shouq will accompany you." Faris dismissed irked and Raghad met his gaze.

"No! I cannot wake her. What if I wake you brothers?" her timid voice reached his ears.

Faris tusked then sat up, his shoulder-length hair curtained his face, he pushed his hair back furiously. "Do you know what you are requesting, woman? If anyone catches a glimpse of me I will not be able face them." he glared at her.

"Yes, but, I_" Raghad trailed off.

Faris gazed at her for a while then sighed loudly, he threw his legs over the cot. "Very well." was all he vocalized as he made his way to the door.

Raghad trailed after him silently once he opened the door and trod down the passageway towards the main door and out of the house. The night was extremely cold, there was no soul outside, crickets chirped and wolves howled in distance. Faris walked ahead of her to the well, she looked around and exhaled in relief when she did not spot anyone. The winter breeze that caressed her face caused a shiver to slither down her spine.

Raghad's eyes then surveyed her spouse, Faris. His white robe blew behind him with the crisp wind and hair swayed. Instantly, he snatched a bucket that brimmed with water then glanced over his shoulder for her to follow him. The husband led his wife towards the uncountable trees at the very end of his tribe, bucket in hand. At last, he halted a good few feet away from the trees, thrust the bucket in her hands without even a word. Raghad's cheeks flushed in embarrassment when he gave his back to her. She bit her lip and marched further away in the trees.

Faris shook his head in exasperation and searched around, prayed no one from the tribe encounters him. He would not be able to look in their eyes. Never, never a man does what he committed. He rubbed his palm on his face and ran his tongue over his lips.

"What have I gotten myself in to?" the knight hissed under his breath. At his words the moon grinned and stars gleamed for they knew a flower had just blossomed among the foes.

When Raghad came back he glared at her and strode away, ahead of her. His sandals crunched the stones and robe tangled and untangled around his leg. However, soon he came to a standstill at the sight in front of him.

Raghad glowered at her feet as she made her way back to her prison. Instantaneously, her form collided with a hard back, she gasped and looked up to glare at Faris but he stared elsewhere. She followed his gaze and froze. Every bone in her body stiffened as if icy water had been doused on her form. Her heart clawed at her chest, howling in utter fright. Raghad stared wide eyed at the woman, or what appeared to be an old lady.

The woman wore a black robe on her hunched back, so hunched that her robe almost brushed against the sand grains. Her long, pale hand pushed an immensely large stone with ease. The flighty nails clawed at the stone making a sound that terrified the night. However, what robbed Raghad of her breath were the huge black rabid dogs on each side of the old lady. Her breath hitched in throat and eyes watered when the woman rose to her full height, but to her utter astonishment the woman did not have a head. She was beheaded!

That moment Raghad perceived that it was a Jinn!

She stared unaware how a warm, rough hand encased her delicate wrist. "Far_" another hand was placed on her mouth. She averted her gaze from the jinn to Faris who shook his head, rotated around and tugged her away from the woman who titled her body towards them.

Tears of drastic fear rolled down her face and her body began to quiver violently. Faris recited Ayatal Kuris and strode to the house. He snarled when Raghad stumbled on the tiny stones, his hold on her tightened as they marched in house to their chamber. He shut the door and let go of Raghad's hand as if blazed. Faris then rotated around to face her but frowned at her pallid face, barely open eyes and purple lips. He opened his mouth to vocalize words but halted when Raghad's eyes closed and head rolled back. Her form swayed in the air and at once like a bolt he seized her shoulders to steady her.

"Sheikha, ya sheikha." Faris called eyes on the woman who had lost conscious. He gazed at her, then snaked his arms around her trembling form and picked Raghad up. Promptly, he swallowed at the feel of her form pressed against his chest. His fingers twitched as he walked to the cot. Slowly, exceedingly gently he lay her body on the cot and scowled at Raghad.

"Who on earth would lose conscious at the sight of a Jinn?" Faris ran his hand down his face. His eyes fell on the sweat that beaded her forehead. He began to recite Ayatal Kursi again and draped a heavy quilt on his frail spouse.

Faris knelt beside the cot recited verses of Quran then tenderly blew on her face, around the room and back on her. He could not call Shouq and demand for her aid, what will he apprise her? Why did they vacate their chamber? He would never be able to look her in the eye. Faris knew he did not posses another choice but to aid the brainless woman himself.

What seemed like an hour or so he sat there on his knees and recited Quran in an audible voice. He eyed the scarf that revealed his wife's lustrous hair a little, he looked away jaw clenched. His head snapped towards his bride when Raghad groaned in horror. Faris peered at her and waited for another reaction, his eyes narrowed in aggravation when she opened those doe-like eyes.

"I thought you dead." he snapped and leaned away from her only to prop his elbow on a round pillow.

The half-witted girl did not respond but searched the chamber. "It is such a misfortune," Faris begin and waited until her scarlet eyes landed on him. "That I have such a fragile wife." he raised his eyebrows when the fiery woman did not respond and he knew she was abundantly effected. Her body still shivered like a leaf and transpiration coated her form.

"Badr." he heard her whisper and he growled.

"Your knight is not present woman you have to deal with your enemy." Faris rose to his feet resentful and turned his back on her.

"What on earth was it?" Raghad's croaky voice brushed against his ears. Knight of knights glanced over his shoulder at her to see Raghad sit on his cot with her shawl tight around her head.

"I believe you are well aware of the answer, Shiekha. If you wish for me to speak of what it was I must warn you, your cowardly soul might abandon you." Faris spat at her and observed as she closed her eyes for a while and murmured what he had been reciting over an hour now.

"It is Fajr time I must leave." at this her eyes opened and she gaped at him.

"No, do not leave me alone here it might, it might appear in the room." Faris smirked at his wife.

"Do not tell me ya shiekha that you have not seen a Jinn before." he inquired and crossed his sturdy arms over his wide chest.

Raghad looked away horror-struck. "I never had."

"You reside on a deserted land it's perplexing as to how you have not," he mocked. "You have fallen under my mercy twice now princess." his cold dark eyes bore into her clouded brown ones.

Raghad scowled at the mention of the occurrence by the cliff. "Will it," she licked her chapped lips in fear." Will it return?"

"Believe me sheikha not even the worse of Jinn are keen to be in your presence." he smirked yet once again.

Ragahd disregarded his remark and her eyes swept around the room heart in throat. When she looked at the tall man in front of her she parted her lips and pronounced the words in a shaky voice. "Then what on earth are you doing here?" 

His gaze turned harsher if that was even possible at her word. She compared him with a Jinn.

"Savoring your discomfort." with that Faris ambled to the door, stopped to look at her. Her doe-like eyes stared at him pleading. Faris did not comprehend why on earth he treated the imprudent woman he could have left her to regain consciousness, but he did not. He frowned and departed aware how his woman gasped in fright.

______________________________________________

 Just to write down the Jinn scene I went through so many REAL jinn stories that I could not sleep at night lol I hope I scared you guys it was what I wanted to do. Let me know what you think in your COMMENTS and do VOTE guys!

#Jinn

The Quotes I used are not mine!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 3.4K 31
In a kingdom--Dhahab kingdom--where as a Grown man, the number of scars on your body shows how strong and powerful you're, exists Jawad bin Tariq al...
79K 6.1K 23
Zahra Aziz finds herself in a seemingly blissful relationship with her boyfriend. However, his manipulative ways lead her astray from her family and...
12.3K 592 22
13th century- The Middle East. Her land lays barren as the enemy stand at the doorway of her home. A choice to be made. Marriage or War. Being th...
830K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...