the duchess

Od Kaitlyn_T158

In the kingdom of Amaranth, Prince Luke is next in line to the throne. But he can't rule until he has a queen... Více

a/n please read :)
👑 cast 👑
happy birthday your majasty
mama please
general molinas son or daughter?
training program
adrenaline rush
it wasn't just a kiss to me
the dark history of larkspur
robbed of a childhood
who got it?
will you marry me?
end it, i have nothing to live for anyways
welcoming new life
connecting
baby fever
code silver
everybody knows
sweet home alabama
organ transplants
wake up
the perfect reality
i dont like your girlfriend
boarding school
death row
here comes the, very reluctant, bride
together at last
goodbye father
this means war
princess juniper
the duchess

without her

441 31 146
Od Kaitlyn_T158

-16-
-tw: guns, blood, unedited-

luke's pov

Static.

Silence.

Nothing.

My ears ring as I hear one shot, then two more. Total of three shots before the shock in me disappears and I'm surveying the area quickly.

The man, laying on the ground with a knife in his chest. Security and private personnel gathered around the body, searching for anything.

Riley has Carrie down, inspecting her for any gun shot wounds. The pink princess in tears, hugging her arms around her guards neck. Alex being covered by another guard and the Peters stepping in from outside the balcony, they weren't around when this went down.

My heart drops as I see Julie's back, her hands over her chest while her breathing picks up. When she turns around, I see blood. Lots of fucking blood.

Her shirt with two holes, blood turning her white shirt a pinkish red. A small amount of blood on the corner of her mouth and wide eyes. She's scared.

Her cheeks fill with air before she coughs up blood. "Help" She whimpers before falling down to the ground. Her eyes shut and her breathing almost stopped.

"SOMEONE HELP!" I fall to the ground next to her side. "SOMEBODY PLEASE!"

I hold Julie in my arms and sob slightly as she wheezes to breathe, "Please don't go. Please I just got you" I whisper, looking to her eyes.

Julie takes my hand and nods, "It'll be ok. You'll be ok. You can do this" She whimpers, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"No no no. I can't do this without you. Julie please don't go. Please dont" I cry softly, my thumb brushing some blood from her lips.

"You'll be alright. Luke I lo-" And Julie passes out. Her breath exhaling and I can't see her chest rising or falling.

"NO NO PLEASE NO!" I scream, holding her to my chest. "I can't do this alone"

I can't do this without her.

"Julie please" I sob, feeling my gut clenching, "Please don't go because I love you"

I love her.

I run after Julie in the stretcher. The doctors listing off attributes to a nurse, "Carlos Molina, sixteen years old, 5'4, approximately 120 pounds, male-"

"Female" I cut in, if they don't know her biological sex that could do something. Wether give her the wrong meds, I don't know but I know this place has patient confidence.

"Julie Molina, Female" I correct, choking on my words as I am stopped before going into the OR.

"Pardon?" The nurse stays back.

"Her name is Julie Molina, she's a girl. You can do test, she has estrogen- or whatever. I dunno but that's important- FUCK" I scream as a searing pain erupts in my kidney.

My hands clap over my kidney, my hand pulling away soaked in blood. "Oh my god you were shot-"

"No shit Sherlock- FUCK" I shout, feeling dizzy as the adrenaline wears off.

It burns. I thought it would be more painful but it feels more like my kidney is just on fire. Still hurts like a bitch.

Before I know it, my head is hitting the ground as I pass out.

The sound of beeping is the first thing I hear, aside from the sound of... reading?

"The woods begin to evolve and the pines intermix-"

With a groan, I sit up and lean against the pillows behind me. "Oh my god Luke"

I turn and expect to see Carlo- no, Julie. To see her beautiful brown eyes and her soft li- hands... Julie's soft hands...

"Carrie?" I hold a hand to my forehead as I feel tubes holding me back.

Her arms wrap around me and I feel sorta safe, better than before, "You're ok. You're alive. Oh my god"

I cough lightly and sit up, feeling my back tense up, "How long- how long have I been out?"

She bites her lip and sighs, "Uh... Luke"

My heart drops and eyes widen, "Carrie, how long have I been out" I say with a serious tone.

She clenches her jaw and swallows hard, "It's been... it's been three days"

My eyes widen as I look around, "Three days- where's Julie?" My heart hammers as I feel anxiety in me rise.

Carrie takes my hand and squeezes lightly, "Luke she's- she's in trouble"

My chest hurts even more as I carefully remove the IV from my arm. I know, I shouldn't do that but I can't stay here. I cant fucking be here.

I grab a cotton ball and tape, placing it over the spot that's slightly bleeding at the moment. "Where is she?"

"Luke-"

"Where the fuck is she?" I shout, sitting up and reaching for the sweats in a chair next to me. I guess someone brought them there.

Carrie stands up and holds me down. "Luke you just had your kidney removed, please just lay down, I need to talk to you"

With hesitation, I lay back down and sigh. "I had my kidney removed?"

"You were shot. A gunman walked into the ball with intend of killing you and me. They shot at you once, Julie jumped in the way of it after the second two shots. Major West took him down then Julie collapsed. You were on adrenaline or something and didn't register having been shot. Your kidney was trashed and they had to remove it" She explains, biting her bottom lip. "Thank god you're alive"

She sits back down and I can sense somethings wrong, something different. She dosent have that normal energy to her anymore, "Hey, what's going on?" I ask, seeing her pupils dilating.

"It didn't work. Our stupid plan didn't fucking work" She bites her lip, looking guilty as ever.

"No you don't mean-"

"I got my period last night. I'm not pregnant"

A weird mix of emotions wave over me. Yay for Carrie not carrying out baby but also what the fuck are we going to do? "Our parents need us to have a baby. How are we supposed to have a child without having sex?"

Carrie groans, "I don't know"

I lean back further into my bed and keep her hand in mine, "I have a real question for you"

She perks up and raises an eyebrow, "What's that?"

"What's going on with you and Riley?" I bounce my eyebrows with a smirk.

Carrie turns red and bites her bottom lip, "Uh- nothing. There's nothing going on between us. Nothing... ok I'm lying"

I smirk and force a laugh, "Wanna talk about it?"

"He's perfect. I care about him a lot, like a lot. And I think he likes me too" She beams wider than I've ever seen her smile.

"The feelings are totally mutual, not to mention your children would be hot as fuck" I scrunch my nose at her and squeeze her hand.

Carrie smiles widely, "So we're both in love?" She asks.

I nod lightly, "Just not with each other"

And that's how things should be.

The doctors set me up in a wheel chair. Finally wearing comfortable sweats rather than that hospital gown they dressed me in. My body is still stiff and in a ton of pain though, after they took me off of a morphine drip I'm feeling everything.

A hand flies to my mouth as I see the security around Julie's room, "Oh my god" I bite my lip to stop myself from crying.

Carrie pushes me in and I see Julie laying in bed with a tube down her throat. "No" I whimper, hating to see her like this.

She looks like a wax figure that's chest is rising and falling. Flynn sits next to her, hand in hand, "Luke you're awake"

"Yeah, just a few hours ago" I sigh as Carrie pushes me beside the bed, "How're they doing?"

"Uh- Carlos needs a transplant. I think his lungs, I don't really know. He just- he's in a lot of trouble along with everyone, mostly West" Flynn sighs.

"Which West?" I sigh.

"The weird Australian one. Major Grey West" She mumbles, rubbing Julie's knuckles back and forth.

"Have you been here this whole time?" I whisper, placing my arms on the hospital bed and resting my chin on my arms.

"Reg and I have been staying in your room. Don't worry, sheets were changed. Evelyn's been down in the maids quarters, they love her there" Flynn sighs, "Alex has been staying in the guest quarters"

"How are the guys? You?"

"The guys just worried, they were a little shaken up by the shooting... Alex was fine but Reggie has been a little on edge, wondering how a gun got into the palace let alone the country. I'm just happy I didn't bring Evie to the ball" She huffs.

I nod and gulp, "Julie told me-"

Flynn's eyes widen, she just blinks at me a couple times, "You mean his little sister?"

"Julie told me about her identity. I know you know. That's also why I haven't questioned the security or handcuffs around her wrists" I lean forward and kiss her knuckles.

Flynn let's out a breath and nods, "Ok ok makes everything so much easier" She mumbles.

"This sucks. Really freaking sucks" I whisper, wishing I could get up from this chair and have her wake up so I can kiss her.

"You love her don't you? You really love her?"

I just nod and choke on my breath, "So much. Like- I've known her for a month-ish but I've never felt this way for anyone"

The glass door rattles as I see someone standing there with an unimpressed glare. With a look of disappointment and one that strikes nerves.

"Oh fuck"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is it one am? Yes
Did I have this ready hours ago? Yes
Did someone hold me hostage on FaceTime? Yes (you know who you are)
ANYWAYS! Julie's dead 🤪 jk but like-

CARRIES NOT PREGNANT BUT I HAVE A PLAN WITH HER AND RILEY. Is is #Rarrie or #Cailey? ANYWAYS THEYRE GONNA BE CUTE.

Idk what to say here really- Bye

-Kaitlyn <3

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

The Virtue Od Noopzee

Historická literatura

1.2M 30.6K 108
Can love really transform you into Better or worse? {Worth binge reading} Will Ivar, the ruthless handsome Viking fall in love with Nova, a French p...
100K 5.9K 79
A young princess from Thebes. A Roman slave destined to serve his master for the rest of his life. Two people living completely opposite lives, on...
Josephine Od Jack the Terminally...

Historická literatura

21.3K 2.3K 125
The year is 1960. Princess Josephine Anna Maria Price of America has her whole life laid out before her eyes. She is the heir apparent to the Imperia...
370K 13.7K 35
Aqua, a mermaid living in a human world. But when she is kidnapped by the vampire royals for revenge against her own royal family what secrets will c...