Found Family (HoO, Mortal AU)

By Marauders-arise

12 students, with dark twisted paths, find each other when they need it most. But could these teenagers truly... More

Author's Note
LEO VALDEZ
NICO DI ANGELO
ANNABETH CHASE
JASON GRACE
PIPER MCLEAN
FRANK ZHANG
WILL SOLACE
HAZEL LEVESQUE
PERCY JACKSON
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
LEO VALDEZ
NICO DI ANGELO
ANNABETH CHASE
JASON GRACE
PIPER MCLEAN
FRANK ZHANG
WILL SOLACE
PERCY JACKSON
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
LEO VALDEZ
NICO DI ANGELO
DETENTION
PIPER'S HOUSE
ANNABETH CHASE
JASON GRACE
FUN FAIR
SLEEPOVER
PIPER MCLEAN
JASON GRACE
WILL SOLACE
RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE
LEO VALDEZ
PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCE
SCHOOL STAY AWAKE
HALLOWEEN
LEO VALDEZ
THE 'BROKEN' TRIO
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
PERCY JACKSON
WILL SOLACE
NICO DI ANGELO
THE SOLACES
THANKSGIVING
LEO VALDEZ
PIPER MCLEAN
NICO DI ANGELO
JASON GRACE
GROVER UNDERWOOD
CHAPTER 50
THE CAFETERIA
RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE
ANNABETH CHASE
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
HAZEL LEVESQUE
JASON GRACE
NICO DI ANGELO
PERCY JACKSON
LEO VALDEZ
CHRISTMAS
FRANK ZHANG
LEO VALDEZ
THE 'BROKEN' /DUO/
HAPPY NEW YEAR
WILL SOLACE
PIPER MCLEAN
NICO DI ANGELO
ANNABETH CHASE
NICO DI ANGELO
RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE
PROM
PERCY JACKSON
LEO VALDEZ
ANNABETH CHASE
THE CHASES
PIPER MCLEAN
MAGNUS CHASE
REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO
WILL SOLACE
PIPER MCLEAN
ANNABETH CHASE
PERCY JACKSON
WILL SOLACE
NICO DI ANGELO
PERCY JACKSON
FRANK ZHANG
JASON GRACE
THE GRACES
PIPER MCLEAN
JASON'S BIRTHDAY
FOURTH OF JULY
ANNABETH CHASE
THE WEDDING
PERCY JACKSON
JASON GRACE
LEO VALDEZ
THE FUNERAL
NICO DI ANGELO
ANNABETH CHASE
FRANK ZHANG
HAZEL LEVESQUE
LEO VALDEZ
RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE
PERCY JACKSON
EPILOUGE P1
EPILOUGE P2

HAZEL LEVESQUE

2.3K 74 127
By Marauders-arise

A/N: doing Hazel's chapter before will's this time cause it makes more sense:)) <3

Hazel jumped into the backseat of the car, where Nico was already sitting.
"Hi!" She said. Nico handed her a Happy Meal from McDonald's, even though she wasn't really hungry.
"Tell me everything." He said, taking out his earphones.
"I mean- there's not really much to tell-"
"Ughhh. Don't be boring."
"Okay- so. We watched the movie. And talked for a while." Hazel still couldn't stop smiling. Frank was really sweet.

Still, she couldn't stop thinking about Sammy.
"Hey, I'm proud of you." Nico said with a soft smile.
"What? I didn't do anything."
"I know, but you moved from Alaska only four months ago. And you just started in a new school. I know it's terrifying but here you are."
Hazel tried not to get emotional. "Thanks, Nico."
Thankfully, he got distracted.
"Hey, look, the pet store again. If only we had a chauffeur kind and sweet enough to let us get a puppy. It's a shame we don't!"
"It's closed, Mister di Angelo." Jules-Albert sighed.
"It wasn't earlier!"
"You can ask your father for a dog."
"I did. It ended in a fight. But you're much kinder-"
"No."

• • •

Hazel got home and went up to her room. She was about to get ready for bed when there was a knock on the door. She opened it, seeing her father. It wasn't often her father talked to her or Nico.
"Hello, Hazel, how are you?"
"I'm okay, thanks?" Hazel said. It also wasn't often her father asked how she was.
"Nico and I are going for a drive. Just spending some time together. Would you like to join us?"
"Uhm, sure."
Nico and their father spending time together sounded like a recipe for trouble, but Hazel put on her shoes and went out to the car.

She got into the backseat beside Nico, their father driving.
"So," Nico said. "What did you want to tell us?"
"Hm?"
"You never spend time with us. Did someone die? Are you getting married?"
"What? No. I just wanted to spend some time with you two. I haven't been at home much lately."
"Lately." Nico muttered under his breath.

After a few minutes, their father spoke again. "So, Hazel. How's school going so far?"
"Uhm. It's been good." Hazel lied. It was okay, yeah, but not good.
"That's good."
It was silent again, as if none of them could figure out how to talk to each other. They couldn't. Hazel and Nico spent more time with Jules-Albert than their own father.
"Can we get a puppy?" Nico asked.
"No, you cannot."
"Please."
"No."

More silence. Until Hazel's phone bleeped.
"Is it from Frank?" Nico teased.
"Who's Frank?" Their father asked.
"My friend." Hazel said quickly. Nico raised an eyebrow.
"Is that the one Jules-Albert took you to see?"
"Yep."
Silence.
Hazel checked her phone, but the message wasn't from Frank. No. Octavian had found a new target.

Word had clearly been getting around that Hazel and Nico were half-siblings. Hazel didn't mind, of course. She wasn't ashamed of Nico being her brother, he was amazing. But Nico's bully found it entertaining.
Hazel could barely read the text without smashing her phone. She quickly set her phone down, not speaking anymore.  Bullying was a normal thing for Hazel. She'd been bullied in Alaska. It never really bothered her. Something told her Octavian wasn't as dumb as the old bullies.

Nico thankfully didn't notice anything was up with Hazel. He was looking out the window, seeing a couple walking a dog together. He was listing off dog names, their father continuing to say "no".

They were driving down a very quiet road when their father pulled in.
"What are you doing?" Nico asked.
"Get into the driver's seat." He said, opening the door.
"Excuse me?!"
"You need to learn how to drive."
"No- not now!"
"Nico, you're almost 17. You should've learned long ago. Hazel, you're after him."
"We have Jules-Albert!" Nico protested.
"You still need to learn."

It took a lot of convincing, but Nico got into the driver's seat. Their father sat in the passenger's seat. Hazel was terrified.
Nico started the car, pressed the accelerator then quickly pressed the brake.
"Be careful, Nico."
"I don't know how to drive! In Italy we don't drive until eighteen. This is stupid."
"Well this isn't Italy- just drive." Their father sighed.
"How?!"
"Just- do it."

"You're a bad teacher. Why can't Jules-Albert teach us?" Nico muttered, pressing the accelerator again before pressing the brake even more suddenly. Hazel was glad she had her seatbelt on.
"Because I am your father. I should be the one to teach you."
"Why? Because it's a 'father's duty'?" Nico said. Hazel new an argument would start soon enough.
"Yes, exactly."
"You'd know all about fathers' duties."
"Nico-"
"Like being there while your child is growing up. On birthdays and Christmas. Eating dinner with your children. Being there for your child when everyone they love died- oh wait-"
"Nico!"

Now Hazel completely regretted coming. Had she really thought they could have 'quality time' without fighting?
Nico didn't speak again but he was gripping the steering wheel.
Their father took a deep breath. "Okay. Just drive."
"It's my mother's birthday." Nico whispered.

Hazel felt terrible. How didn't she know? She should've stayed at home comforting Nico, but she thought he was in a good mood. He'd been more talkative, but Hazel realised that was him trying to distract himself.
"You think I don't know that? Why else would I choose today to spend time with you."
Nico let go of the steering wheel and stopped the car, before getting out.

He got into the backseat. Hazel put her hand on top of his, not knowing how to comfort it. Nico pulled it away, staring out the window.
"Spiacente." He whispered.
It was silent for a moment.
"Alright, Hazel. Your turn. Get into the driver's seat."
"Can you hold my phone?" She asked Nico. "I don't want it to fall out of my pocket."
Nico nodded, taking the phone, but didn't speak.

Hazel got into the front of the car. She'd started learning how to drive back in Alaska, but hadn't driven since. At least she new some of the basics. She started driving very slowly. Her father's phone buzzed. A notification.
Notification. Hazel forgot to clear her's. Nico could've seen Octavian's text-
"Sorry, Hazel, can you stop the car? I need to take this call."
Hazel pulled in, their father got out of the car and started talking on the phone. She made sure the handbrake was up before practically jumping into the backseat and taking the phone off Nico.

"Hazel!" Nico looked horrified.
Hazel faked a laugh. "I know- I'm even worse at driving than you. Hah."
"You know that's not what I'm talking about, Hazel."
Hazel looked at her phone in her hand.
"That was the first time he texted me- I swear. It doesn't matter."
"I don't care if it was the first time or not. That's not okay."
Hazel sighed. "Look- I don't care about what he said. He wants a reaction. If we give one, he'll just keep doing it. If we ignore him, he'll get bored."
"If you ignore him, he'll keep getting worse and worse until you completely break down. Ignoring him doesn't work."

"Yeah, well, nothing will work. Ignoring it is easier."
"No, no, he's not getting away with that."
"There's nothing you can do, Nico. You'll get yourself hurt."
"I don't care. Octavian isn't going to start being an asshole to you, too. Okay?"
Hazel didn't get a chance to answer. Their father got back into the car. "We have to go home. Work emergency."
The drive home was completely silent. Neither of them said anything, not even when they seen two German Shepherds with their owners.

———

Word Count: 1326

———

A/N: in case y'all haven't noticed, I hate making up names. Every single character, even background characters, are canon characters from the series. I can't even make up surnames, so like- Octavian will remain surnameless. I am so sorry for the excessive use of "their father" in this chapter. I am NOT making a name for mortal Hades (or Pluto. Just Nico and Hazel's dad). It's also not Mr.di Angelo cause di Angelo is Maria's maiden name so yeah:)

Edit: whoops forgot to do Hazel's timeline here you go

Ages 0-6
Hazel was born in New Orleans (hasn't really been mentioned yet lol). She only lived with her mother and never new her father, but Marie would always talk bad about him, even when Hazel was a little kid. When she was six, Marie moved to Alaska with her.

Ages 7-16
Hazel liked Alaska and became friends with Sammy, though her mother was never really there for her. Hazel loved her, but she was greedy. She was very spiritual and the traits were handed down to Hazel, too. On Hazel's
thirteenth birthday, her father visited for the first time. He gave her a present before being sent away by her mother. She didn't see her father again, until Marie died. Her and Sammy had only started dating. When Marie died, Hazel found out she had to move to New York to live with her father. Her and Sammy decided to end it as friends. Hazel now lives with her father and Nico and is in her junior year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

869K 40.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
287K 11.6K 41
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
471K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC