As We Dance With The Devil {T...

By The_Smiling_Paradox

Grian Xelqua Charles is a Main Watcher on The Council. His life is dangerous, but he doesn't regret it. A new... More

Characters
Prologue
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVII, V
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
Author's Note
Rewrite Out Now!

I

955 19 113
By The_Smiling_Paradox

The hands of the clock began turning backwards. They flew like time back to the past.

[No one]

"Is he dead?" Asked a Watcher with pumpkin orange hair and bloody, dark purple cloak. Their eyes drifted to a blonde Watcher with dark blue cloak and nurse's badge on her sleeve.

"No, he's not dead, ᓭ⍑ᒷリ," The blonde sighed and poured purple liquid from a bottle to a syringe.

"Are you doing drugs, ⍑ᔑ||ꖎ╎ᒷ?" Shen, Sherenidy, asked and tilted her head. That made the blonde sigh before chuckling a bit.

"I'm not doing drugs, you should already know that!" She shook her head before turning to look at another nurse with lavender coloured hair and handed the syringe to her. "Here," She hummed.

"Thank you, ꖎᒷᒷ!" The lavender haired nurse nodded and took the syringe before disappearing behind some curtains.

"You know, if we get in trouble with his sister, I'm not responsible for anything," Sherenidy gestures towards a strawberry blonde male lying unconsciously on the bed.

"Where did that come from?" Haylie turned to look at the pumpkin haired Watcher with concerned look that she hid behind her mask. She had no idea he had siblings.

"Nah, I just feel like she isn't gonna like us for some reason," Sherenidy shrugged and glanced back at the strawberry blonde.

Haylie hesitated, but decided to ignore it. She sighed, "Well, I'll have to go take care of something else. I'm begging you to behave."

"I can't promise anything," Sherenidy grinned as Haylie left the resting space.

Sherenidy turned his hidden eyes towards the strawberry blonde next to her. She was waiting for him to open his eyes and wake up so she could start bombing him with questions.

There was something that seemed off about him. He was wearing an amethyst necklace, which she had never seen before.

But she didn't have time to think about it anymore when the strawberry blonde finally began opening his eyes.

"W-what happened.?" He asked and tried to sit up, but the pumpkin haired Watcher pushed him back to the bed.

"Another fight against ᒷ∷∷𝙹∷. No lives were lost, but many got injured badly," Sherenidy answered and carefully stroked his hair out of his face.

"I.. See," He nodded and coughed a bit. His throat was sore and he felt kinda weird.

"How are you feeling?" Sherenidy asked. He noticed something odd about her behaviour, but didn't question it yet. Instead he answered, "Like shit."

"Well, you don't want to hear the reason behind that," Sherenidy grimaced. She already knew she had to tell the truth anyways soon.

A sword pierced through his chest. The pain grew worse than it had ever been.

" ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ, you died, but I saved you. With a deal. With a Fallen," Sherenidy admitted. She wasn't about to hide it from him.

Xelqua hesitated, "What do you mean..?" He trusted his mentor, but he had no idea what she was talking about.

"You're alive because you're sharing your body with someone else. No one else knows that though, only you and I," Sherenidy explained quickly. "I decided to give you another change to live, but obviously you can just throw it out of the window if you really want to," She added.

"I have learned about deals," Xelqua nodded. Then a voice rang through his head, "Good to know you're awake."

"Can you hear them?" Sherenidy asked hesitatedly and tilted her head. She had no idea how the spell had worked.

"I think I can?" He answered, but it was more of a question than an answer to the question.

"The name's Xavier. I'm a Fallen Watcher," The voice answered.

'I'm Xelqua, but you probably already know that,' Xelqua answered to him.

"Alright, well ᔑꖎ↸ᒷリ decided to be a bitch and will hold a meeting in half an hour. I have to go deal with a few things with ᓵ⍑ᒷℸ ̣ before it. Will you survive by yourself here?" Sherenidy tilted her head.

"I have ꖎᒷᒷ, ||ᒷリ and ℸ ̣ 𝙹!¡ᔑ⨅ here behind those curtains. If I die, I'll just inform them and they'll save me," Xelqua smirked jokingly. He trusted the three nurses of The Council.

"Good to know," Sherenidy nodded and stood up. "See you later, brother!" She waved before disappearing behind the curtains.

"So, you're The Main Watcher Xelqua. Also an admin."

'That's correct.'

"You don't know a lot about me, but you'll learn as the time passes by. We'll be together 'till the very end after all."

Darkness. A room full of soulless bodies. Death knocking on the door. Alone.

'I know.'

"Didn't that person, The Main Watcher Sherenidy, the Main Leader's left hand, mention that you have a meeting soon?"

'Yeah, she did. I think I have to get up,' Xelqua grimaced and carefully sat up on the bed.

The curtains flew open as the strawberry blonde made it to the medical center, outside of the curtained resting space.

A blonde nurse with a Watcher mask hurried to him, " ̇/ᒷꖎ, how are you doing?" She asked and examined the said male with her hidden eyes.

"Don't worry, ||ᒷリ, I'm perfectly fine," Xelqua nodded to the nurse, Yenny, who looked a bit hesitant, but still believe him.

"Alright, just be careful," She nodded.

"Yeah, yeah," Xelqua nodded before heading out of the medical center.

[No one]

Xelqua made it to the meeting room. There he saw The Rookies, Leslie and Lupin, The Leads, Dexter and Tatton and The Mains, Upton and Mao, who had actually stolen the seat of The Main Admin Quinn.

"What are you doing ᒲᔑ𝙹?" He tilted his head as he sat down between Upton and Winslow, who wasn't there yet.

"ᑑ⚍╎リリ isn't here yet, she won't notice anything," Mao shrugged, making Upton sigh.

"What did you just say?" A female admin with silverish-brown hair glared at the brunette male, who was currently sitting where she was supposed to sit.

"Fuck," Mao moved one seat to the right. Now he was sitting in Oskari's place.

Quinn rolled her black eyes and sat down between Upton and Mao.

"By the way, ̇/ᒷꖎ, I heard you got invited to Hermitcraft," The brunette spoke up and turned the two other Mains' attention to the strawberry blonde.

"Yeah, the admin, ̇/ᒷリ's brother, Xisumavoid, sent me an invite, but I haven't chosen if I want to accept it yet," Xelqua explained to the three others.

"I'd say you should accept the offer," Everyone turned to look at a black haired Watcher, who's hidden eyes moved to stare at the brunette admin sitting on his seat.

"Now, now, ᒲᔑ𝙹 move to your own seat," Quinn pointed towards the seat two seats away from the seat he was currently using.

Mao groaned something, but stood up and moved to his seat, "Now I'm on the wrong side of the room!"

"What were you saying, 𝙹ꖎ╎?" Xelqua asked from Oskari, who had taken his own seat.

"I think you should accept the invitation. Hermitcraft is a strong server, but also really popular. There's a huge possibility it'll get targeted by someone. It would be easier for us if there was someone keeping an eye on it," Oskari explained and Xelqua had to admit that he had a really good point.

"Last time I was-," Xelqua started protesting, but he got cut off by someone bonking him on the head.

"ᓵ⚍ℸ ̣ ╎ℸ ̣ ∷╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ! ╎⊣リ𝙹∷ᒷ ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑ!¡!¡ᒷリᒷ↸ ꖎᔑᓭℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ╎ᒲᒷ ᔑリ↸ ᒲ𝙹⍊ᒷ 𝙹リ! ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ╎ᓭ ᔑ ᓵ𝙹ᒲ!¡ꖎᒷℸ ̣ ᒷꖎ|| リᒷ∴ ᓭᒷ∷⍊ᒷ∷!" An admin with white hair and black eyes exclaimed as he sat down next to Xelqua.

"∴╎リ↸ᓭ is right. Just accept the offer before it's too late!" Upton encouraged him.

"Fine, I'll do it!" Xelqua sighed. He knew there was no use fighting back: he had already lost.

"Good," Quinn gave him thumps up along with a smile.

The meeting room's huge spruce doors flew open and people started pouring in. The rest of The Council came along and took their places.

"Is everyone here?" Mao asked and glanced around. He was sitting on the right side of the Main Leader Alden.

"I don't see anyone missing," Sherenidy confirmed from The Main Leader's left side as her hidden eyes wandered through the huge room.

The room had a huge table in the middle and around it, like an ancient Greek theater, the seats were in many rows that raised higher and higher from the ground so all the Watchers and Admins had a good view of The Council.

"The meeting may begin," The Main Leader Alden stated for everyone to know.

Xelqua lost his ability to focus before Mao even started speaking. He had heard it all before so many times already.

Familiar arms wrapped around him. He felt loved, but then the arms disappeared. He was all alone in a cold void.

He snapped out and unnoticeably shook his head as he heard a communicator buzz. He moved his eyes to see Mao and Sherenidy look at each other.

They gave Alden a nod before excusing themselves and running out of the room through the private backdoor.

After the door slammed shut, there was a thump followed by Sherenidy's swear and Mae's laugh. Alden just shook his head and mumble something along the lines, "Those little shits."

"10 diamonds ᓭ⍑ᒷリ ran to a wall," The Main Watcher Kasen whispered to The Main Admin Irwin. His whisper wasn't effective since the room was dead-silent.

"10 diamonds it was a pillar," Irwin answered.

Alden just glared at the two males, who were now on his right since Mao wasn't between them. "ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᒲᔑ╎リ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ ꖌᔑᓭᒷリ, ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᒲᔑ╎リ ᔑ↸ᒲ╎リ ╎∷∴╎リ, please behave."

"I don't think they're gonna do that," The Lead Admin Jaylee pointed out from the Leads' table on the right side of the Mains.

"Hush ⋮ᔑ||, I already know that," Alden sighed, making many laugh.

"Anyways, now since those two tornados are not here anymore, ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᒲᔑ╎リ ᔑ↸ᒲ╎リ ⚍!¡ℸ ̣ 𝙹リ and ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᒲᔑ╎リ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ can answer your questions," Alden informed and glanced at the students of his left and right hands.

"Shit," Upton groaned and got punched on the shoulder by Quinn, "Language, we're in a meeting," She reminded.

[Xelqua]

"And that was the last question. Thank you ᒲᔑ╎リ ᔑ↸ᒲ╎リ ⚍!¡ℸ ̣ 𝙹リ and ᒲᔑ╎リ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ," Alden gave a nod to me and Upton after all the questions had been asked. "The meeting is now dismissed," He continued, ending the meeting.

Everyone began leaving the room and the chaos broke out. Mao and Sherenidy appeared through the backdoor.

"ᓭ⍑ᒷリリ╎ᒷ, ᓭ⍑ᒷリリ╎ᒷ!" Kasen exclaimed, getting the pumpkin orange haired Watcher's attention. "Did you run to a wall or to a pillar?" He inquired from her.

"I bet she tripped to a flower pot," Chet interrupted without even raising his hidden eyes from the book he was reading.

I glanced at my mentor and noticed how Mao was trying his best not to laugh behind her.

"ᓵ⍑ᒷℸ ̣'s right," She admitted with a monotone tone. Now Mao began laughing.

"Fuck!" Irwin swore and got hit on the head by The Lead Watcher Lyndon. "Language!" The Lead Watcher snorted.

"Could everyone please behave or leave the room?" Alden raised his voice and glared at everyone. He knew he couldn't make them behave, so he hoped they would at least do their misbehaving outside of public.

"I'll think about that!" I smirked and began making my way towards the backdoor with Friede, Dexter and Kasen after me.

"Are you going to Hermitcraft now?" Dexter inquired and took off his dark blue Lead Watcher's cloak.

"They're changing season in five minutes. I have to be there before that," I answered as we walked through the Main HQ towards the main hallway with all the Mains' rooms.

"Imagine having your room in another hallway that's far away from everything," Kasen smirked to the two Leads following us since their rooms were in a different hallway.

"⍑𝙹∴ ᓵᔑリ ||𝙹⚍ ʖꖎ𝙹ᓵꖌ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ𝙹リᒷ ╎リ ∷ᒷᔑꖎ ꖎ╎⎓ᒷ?" Friede groaned.

"Murder," Answered the Leads' leader, The Lead Watcher Blake, as he walked past us.

"ʖꖎᔑꖌᒷ is actually correct," The Lead Watcher Tatton shrugged as he followed Blake past us.

"I would prefer if you did not kill me," Kasen grimaced as we stopped in front of my room.

"Why are you following me?" I asked and turned to face the three of my siblings that were still with me, looking like they were ready to follow me to the end of the world.

"It's not like we have anything better to do anyways," Dexter shrugged. I gave him an unbelieving glare.

"Go to the office and you'll get a mountain of unfilled reports," I answered, earning three grimaces. They knew it was true and that there was no way of escaping it.

"Fine," Kasen sighed and began pulling the two Leads after him towards the office.

I watched them leave before walking to my room and changing to my player-looking appearance before logging out of the Main World.

Grian has joined the game.

The message appeared in the chat when I logged in to see only an empty island with a single tree. The Hermits would appear soon.

It was time to move on and start a new era in my life. I was finally getting over Evo. I'm just hoping that luck will be on my side in Hermitcraft.

Words: 2327

[19.9.2021]

(The rewrite is here!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1.5K 28
The admins and The Watchers have been fighting a creature called "Error" for a while. Once again Error has been defeated temporarily. A young Watcher...
31.4K 1.4K 29
~~~~~~~ Xisuma was an admin appointed by the Watchers. He is stuck under their control, and he hates every second of it. He's forced to let the watch...
59.2K 2.7K 25
Xelqua (or Grian to the hermits) isn't sure what he is. He's always hidden from Minecraftia, hidden behind various masks and hoods. If the full truth...
59.6K 2K 15
✦ Complete ✦ !DISCLAIMER I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HERMITCRAFT! me mixing three universes into one. bare with me here. Grian has already had a traumatic...