A Second Chance (Marco x Fem...

Da jen123454321

'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, t... Altro

General info before reading
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Pt.1
Chapter 9 - Pt.2
Chapter 9 - Pt. 3
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N, Quick easter vacay
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Marco's mom
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 (NSFW)
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74 (Finale); The Aftermath...
Reminder for anime-onlys!:)

Chapter 65

634 30 28
Da jen123454321

You had never imagined you'd be locked in a cell without being able to leave as you pleased. Being stuck for days already didn't help on the atmosphere in the room, as everyone grew more tense by the day.

"Never imagined the next time I would visit my hometown would be in the cellars of Shiganshina's HQ...", you muttered quietly as you sat on Marco's lap by the table. Absentmindedly you played with the fingers of his right hand, staring down at the ground with your brows furrowed. You peeked over at Sasha's family who'd been so unlucky to get wrapped up in this crap. They should not have to be here.

"I know... I just want to know what's going on", Marco said quietly.

"Yeah, is this really all we can do? Sit here while it all plays out?", Connie muttered in agreeance, having heard you and Marco's conversation. Your head yanked up in surprise as a figure placed themselves in front of you.

"Care for some tea?", Arthur asked, his face and tone as kind and caring as ever. It was enough to soften your worried and surprised expression.

"Thank you", you smiled appreciatively as he handed you and Marco each your cup. Arthur continued his route, offering the rest some.

"Armin, could you bust out of here as a titan?", Connie then asked after sipping his tea.

"No, I'd just destroy the city. Not to mention that you guys would be caught in the crossfire. Unlike Eren's titan, the Colossal Titan can't do something that precise"

There was a long pause, until Jean asked Armin the question that was on most of your minds ever since you left the restaurant and the two of them arrived after you.

"So? Why did Eren beat you to a pulp? It's about time you tell us". It looked like Armin debated whether or not to tell the whole truth, but he answered regardless.

"He... He said hurtful things to Mikasa". His voice was dark... solemn. "I swung at him, and he hit back". You perked up at him, surprised.

'Eren hurt Mikasa? And then he hit Armin?'

"Huh?"

"He hurt Mikasa? How?", Jean insisted to know. Despite fighting the feeling of anger inside of him, his voice was controlled.

"Well—"

"Stop. It's fine". Mikasa showed no emotion; not in her face, nor her voice. She was just stern through and through.

"No, it's not. What exactly did he say?"

"Forget it Jean. We already know he's a total piece of shit", Connie said slightly resentful. "Now he's lost his mind and hurt the two people he should care about most"

"I think if he was sane, he wouldn't do it without a good reason. Do you think there's some sort of good reason behind it?", Marco said, before adding; "I still think we should try and talk to him". You were about to agree when you heard footsteps approaching.

"Long time no see, heroes of Shiganshina. It pains me to reunite in a place like this", Yelena said with her hand on her chest. You got up from Marco's lap and took a step towards them. Accompanying her was Onyankopon and the Marleyan who worked with Nicolo at the restaurant... The one who ratted you out.

"Onyankopon! Where is Hange?! How is she doing?!", Moblit quickly stumbled over to the bars, grabbing onto them in a stern manner. Onyankopon let out nervous stutters, before shying his gaze away from Moblit's.

Poor Moblit had been stressed out of his mind when Floch ordered her to show them Zeke's location without taking him with them. Apparently they kept Moblit separated from her in case something happened, and they needed a backup who knew where Zeke was. This of course stressed him out even more, knowing that to Floch at least; Hange was disposable if worst came to worst.

"That's classified information I'm afraid", Yelena said effortlessly as Onyankopon didn't answer.

"Hey, you're on their side too?! Let us out!", Connie said angry, glaring at Onyankopon. You'll admit it hurt you seeing him with her. He swore he knew nothing, still there he is... and here you are.

"That's a lot to ask, considering you guys put me on house arrest. Just sit quiet and behave until Zeke and Eren meet". You furrowed your brows at him and crossed your arms.

'Yeah, no. That's not gonna happen'

"You... Must be nice Yelena? Everything went exactly how you planned. Through you, Eren moved how Zeke wanted. Raiding Marley, getting people's support, using wine to take over the military... Now Eldia and the Founding Titan are all yours", Jean said accusingly as he eyed her. "You can crush Marley and avenge your homelands. Isn't that the real reason you came to the island?"

"This place was primitive. We brought it out of the past", Onyankopon mumbled.

"Oh this place was doing just fine!", you shot in, now glaring at him. "We were doing just fine!". Your hands balled up into fists as you took another step towards the bars, now only a hands reach away. Connie's face was enraged. "Primitive", you spat out sarcastic with a huff. "We had technology you'd never even seen before, you can't just loosely compare our living conditions to your own standards", you muttered through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, you only upgraded it so you and your pals could enjoy it. Once you ruled, that is", Nicolo suddenly jumped in on the conversation, walking to stand beside Jean.

"You were tricked and lost. That's all it is", Nicolo's co-worker said tired.

"Griez! Looks like you sold us out to get promoted to Yelena's lackey, you snitch!", Nicolo grabbed onto the bars.

"Are you dumb? It's you who sided with the devils and betrayed us!". Griez walked closer to Nicolo.

"What?"

"You had the hots for some devil spawn who reeked of potatoes!". Your gaze switched to a glare. Nicolo's controlled demeanour turned enraged in the matter of seconds, and he growled as he reached out for Griez through the bars. He managed to back away fast enough, but Nicolo didn't budge.

"I'm gonna kill you!", he screamed as Jean tried to hold him back and calm him. He continued to struggle as Griez continued to talk.

"You wouldn't shut up about her, day and night. Stupid me thought you'd get a grip when that bitch died". Oh you were ready to tear down this confinement, brick by brick, bar by bar, just so you could get your hands on this asshole. Your chest was heaving, and your nails dug into the skin of your palms. Beside you, Connie scowled at him, his eye twitching as he listened to his foul words.

"What did you say?!", Nicolo screamed.

"I'll make it easy to understand. That spawn-of the devil whore—"

You slightly snarled as you took a step forwards, but Marco's hand was quickly wrapped tightly around your upper arm, the firmness in his grip enough to make you understand you should stand back; even at a time like this.

"—was". Griez never got to finish that sentence as Yelena pointed her gun to the side of his head, and fired without a warning. You all stared at his limp body in bewilderment and with wide eyes as you heard the family in the corner scream and cry out in terror.

'They should not be here'

"Yelena?!", Onyankopon exclaimed dumbfounded.

"I apologize for his disrespect", she said and bowed once again. "This island has no need for those who calls you devils. Believe me, our true goal is nothing as hollow as getting revenge on Marley. Our goal is to end the cycle of hatred to save Eldia and even Marley. No more secrets. I'll tell you everything—". She paused for a second. "—about Zeke's plan to save the world: His 'euthanization' plan"

"Eu... Euthanization plan?", you repeated in a whisper.

"Precisely", she smiled.

You all listened intently as she explained every detail, and you were left speechless.

"Stop children from being born?", Armin repeated flabbergasted.

"Correct. That's Zeke's euthanization plan. All suffering brought about by titans will disappear from the world. Gradually... Peacefully...". You absentmindedly placed your hand on your stomach.

'Change our biology... Physically preventing us from ever having children of our own. How in the world is that a good thing?!'

"Wait, how is that peaceful?", Marco insisted on knowing.

"Yeah, if Subjects of Ymir die out, we'll only have geezers to defend in the end. How do we protect ourselves? You think they'll leave us alone?", Jean joined in passionately.

"The rumbling can serve as a deterrent as long as the Founding Titan and the royal bloodline is preserved. Fortunately, Queen Historia was blessed with a soon-to-be heir. As long as Subjects of Ymir inherit the Founder until her child passes away..."

"You talk like this is a sure thing", Jean muttered as he stared at her.

"Sure thing... Certainties... No nation can claim to have them. Each one has their own share of problems. But there is one certainty, and that's the threat of titans. Their history of tears and bloodshed will be put to an end... by Zeke and Eren", she smiled to herself, maybe the most genuine little smile you've ever seen on her lips. "I don't know how long humanity will last, but it's hard to think that a greater feat will ever come to pass. People will speak of those brothers as legends for millennia to come. Like the gods of the past. Even after their deaths, they'll be seen as saviours who shone over humanity—"

Her speech was interrupted by Armin... crying? Yelena, along with the rest of you, turned to look at him puzzled, there he buried his face into his hands.

"Something wrong?", she asked him.

"No... But to think your cause was so noble... It touched my heart", he said and looked up at her with teary eyes. Yelena's smile turned warm, and her eyes practically sparkled.

"That's wonderful. I'm glad to know you understand". You just eyed him and let you hand fall from your stomach. Ever since you eliminated the last titan, and three years of peace-time followed, you had allowed yourself to dream of a future. Kids was a central part of that future, and it broke your heart to even imagine having to let go of that possibility. And now Armin... No. He couldn't possibly. You knew that expression, that tone of voice. You've seen and heard it times before; He was twisting her around his finger, or at least in the process of it.

"Yelena!", a Yeagerist came running towards her. "Come quick! Invaders!". She left without another word, and the rest of you stared helplessly after her.

"What invaders?", you asked quietly, not really expecting anyone to answer. You turned to look at Marco. "You don't think Marley...", you didn't even finish the sentence because you dared not think it. Marco shrugged with heavy shoulders, despair written across his forehead. None of you knew what to do.

It took a while before anything happened, but it was nothing like you expected. Everything surrounding you started to shake, tiny pebbles and dust from the stoned walls and ceiling started falling as the shaking increased its intensity. You could swear you heard a distant roar.

"What the--?!", Connie exclaimed.

"It's begun", Armin declared lowly. "The titans... have started to move". You whipped your head over to look at him, shocked.

"You can't mean... the rumbling?! Already?!", you whispered in disbelief. He looked down at the table with a sad expression, confirming what you said without words.

'No... No, Eren, give us a chance to figure out a different solution together!'

You didn't know what to do with yourself, a feeling of panic and claustrophobia taking a hold of your chest, making it harder to breathe.

"Not yet", you whispered on the verge of tears, sitting down to wrap your hands around your knees and press them against your chest. You were still locked down here as the world caved in right above you. What were you supposed to do? How does one approach this?

(⚠️Chapter continues below A/N. Please read the entire message, thank you<3⚠️)

(A/N: From here on out I will continue exclusively with manga content. To any anime-only's; I thank you so so much for sticking with this story thus far, and hope you'll come back to read the remainder of the story once part 2 is fully up and available for you to see. I'll post a "Reminder Chapter" once the anime has concluded so that you'll have the chance to come back to this book in case you might've forgotten about it by then. I have SO much planned for the ending, and it makes me sad to think that some of you might leave now and forget about it before you'll get to read the conclusion of this book as well as Y/N and Marco's relationship. So please make sure to add this to any library of yours or follow me or something so you'll receive the reminder:) Once again; thank you so much <3 Hope to see you in 5 months!)

The shaking continued for a while, some waves of shakes more intense than others. You didn't budge from your curled position until you heard the clinking of keys come closer to your cell. Now at the entrance stood none other than Onyankopon.

You immediately got up to you feet as he started fumbling with the lock.

"What is going on outside!", you demanded to know.

"The Marleyan army is attacking from the sky using airships! About 500 soldiers, along with the Armour, the Jaw and the Cart. Eren's taking all of them on by himself!", he informed you urgently, finally getting the lock open. You all just stared at him in shock. "He's fighting hard... But he can't fight forever! Marley will steal the founder from us! Please, you've all got to help! Let's defend Eren together!", he pleaded. Funny how he had a change of heart the second he needed you... In all honesty, he had hurt you, the way he subtly turned on you the second you weren't the ones in control anymore. Onyankopon had earned your respect after only a few weeks with you three years back, but some of that respect crumbled after today.

Connie leapt forward, pinning him against the wall by his collar.

"You can't be serious! Fight together?! After all you've done?!", he screamed. "This is your battle! Did you really think we'd take orders from a traitor like you?!". The rest of you exited the cell.

"I... I'm sorry. But disobeying Yelena would only mean getting my head blown off", Onyankopon said desperate.

"Huh?! You were acting all nice to us while you were really just plotting to take over Paradis with that wine! You know what? I'm tired of being betrayed! By Reiner... By Bertholdt! Annie! Eren! The list goes on, and I'm sick and tired of it, dammit!", he screamed as tears of frustration rolled down his cheeks. You felt an ache in your heart, painful memories resurfacing. Connie tightened his grip and became rougher in his motions. "WHY?! Why should we have to help Eren just so none of us can ever have kids!?". Onyankopon couldn't possibly answer even if he wanted to, the tight grip slowly suffocating him. You nervously said Connie's name, hoping he'd loosen his grip the tiniest bit, but he didn't. Marco took a few steps forward and placed his hand atop one of Connie's.

"Hey", he said gently, but urgently. "Let's give him a chance to talk at least". Connie looked at him for a second, before letting go. What the rest of you failed to see was the parallel between his almost fatal attack back in Trost and this moment right here. Had Reiner and them just given him a chance to talk instead of rushing to end his life, something different might have come out of it. He's not sure if that outcome would have been better or what he would have done, but Marco's still as determined as then that talking and having the right conversation can help lead things in the right direction. You needed to give Onyankopon a chance to speak.

Onyankopon finished coughing and calmed the worst of his excessive gasps for air.

"I honestly didn't know about it... The wine, or this euthanization plan... Just like all the other volunteers...", he said hoarse.

"Huh?!", Connie exclaimed, finding it hard to believe.

"I think he's telling the truth. Yelena told us to keep it a secret. She said never to tell the volunteers about the wine", Nicolo informed the rest of you.

"Above all. I don't want to participate in the euthanization of the Eldian people. We wanted to help Paradis develop so that we could destroy Marley together. That's why I abandoned everything to come here. Everything we did, we did for the sake of the people of this island", Onyankopon said, the desperation in his face was not to be mistaken. "And that was only possible because we believed this island had a future! Children are the future! If the euthanization plan were to be carried out, what would all our efforts have been for?!"

You all stayed in your place, looking at him.

"Please believe me", he pleaded.

"I do"

"Marco?!", Connie exclaimed.

"The way he talked about our existence and our differences being because someone meant for us to be that way... That the world becomes more interesting the more kinds of people are around. His philosophy has always been almost the opposite of Zeke's", Marco reminded you all, determined. He turned to face Onyankopon, and reached out a hand for him. "That's who you've always been". Onyankopon grabbed his hand, whispering Marco's name both in appreciation as well as relief.

"I'll believe you too, but... what now?", Jean asked. "Helping Eren and Zeke means abetting their euthanization plan, you know..."

"No, we can stop their plan! But without those two, we have no way of defending this island from the world", Onyankopon said certain. It felt like your head was spinning the way this conversation went back and forth. To help Eren, not to help Eren. To stop him, but also help him first- it was confusing to say the least. Connie seemed to feel the same way.

"Then what are you saying we should do?!", he yelled frustrated.

"We must show the world the power of the rumbling at least one time!". You all became quiet. Mikasa took a tiny step forward, not really intending on grabbing the attention, but your gazes moved her way. She looked sad and tired.

"What do you think... Mikasa? Do you want to save Eren?", Armin asked her carefully. Mikasa sighed after keeping quiet for a few seconds more.

"I do. But... I think it's like Eren said. It's only because I'm an Ackerman. This isn't my own will...", she said while looking down at her scarf in her hand. She hadn't been wearing it ever since she left the restaurant.

"What?", you expressed your confusion out loud. Why would he say that? What does being an Ackerman have to do with wanting to protect someone you love? You must be missing something.

"I think that's a lie Eren came up with", Armin said.

"He asked me if I get headaches sometimes... I do. What makes you think it's a lie?"

You remembered the afternoon where you detained Louise, and Mikasa looked like she got an intense headache. Could there be something more to it?

"What?... Well...", Armin started uncertain, but a flash of desperation came across his face. "Wait. Making it so no Eldian can have another child? Do you guys seriously think Eren would want that?!". His voice became pushier, borderline offended.

"Well... I didn't really believe it at first, because that isn't like him... But it sure looks like it's what's happening right now", you spoke up with a shrug.

"There's no way!", Armin yelled back, and you jumped, startled he'd raise his voice like that. "We're talking about Eren here!"

"Then why?! Why won't he betray Zeke and Yelena?!", Connie yelled back at him.

"Because he doesn't have to! In the end, Eren's the one who decides how he uses the founder's power! When Yelena brought the idea to him, he didn't have a choice! There's no telling what she would have done to get her way if he refused. But if he played along and could make her think he was on their side by agreeing, he could protect this island with the rumbling!", Armin explained feverishly, taking turns to stare at you one by one to make sure he had your full attention. "And the time for him to activate the rumbling is now. When the major military forces from around the world are allied under Marley! He just needs to follow the plan and awaken the hundreds of titans inside Shiganshina's wall. If he can annihilate the most powerful military force this world has to offer, no one will dare touch Paradis for the next fifty years!".

You picked at your nails nervously. What he was saying made sense, and sounded more like Eren than any other explanation you've gotten as of late... That must be it.

"Can we go home yet?", Arthur asked beat.

"I'm sorry, please, just wait a little longer", Nicolo said apologetically.

"I've been saying he's a threat from the time I was in the Training Corps... Eren is going to lead us into hell. He's a bastard", Jean said with his arms crossed. "And I was jealous of that bastard. Because he was so cool, it pissed me off to no end... but I don't want him dying just yet". You smiled a small, sad smile. It was nice to heard Jean finally acknowledge how he was feeling.

"Yeah... If he died now I'd never get a chance to beat him up!", Connie said through gritted teeth. You stopped picking at your nails to give Armin a firm nod, telling him you were in too.

"Come on", Onyankopon said. "Free all of the captured soldiers!"

"Nicolo! Please take care of Sasha's family!", you asked him, to which he looked at you determined.

"Leave it to me!"

You followed the other up the stairs, met by four recruits all pointing their rifles at you.

"Hey! Stop right there! This area is under Yeagerist control! Do you think you can just—"

Jean grabbed his collar harshly.

"Tell me, recruit. Are you gonna put your life on the line to stop us from saving the great Eren Yeager?"

"No", the soldier croaked out terrified.

"Then fight Marley with all the soldiers you've got!"

"Open all cells!", Connie ordered them. They hurried over to help you let out the rest of the captured military.

"I'm going to find Mikasa, okay?", you informed Marco. He nodded with a small smile, and with that you went on your way.

You found her in one of the equipment rooms, silently fastening the many straps of the gear. She turned around by the sound of your steps, and you shot her a small smile before putting on some gear of your own.

"I'm glad—". The two of you turned to look as Louise entered the room. "—the day has finally come when I get to fight alongside you for the same goal again".

"Yes", Mikasa shot her a simple look before continuing on with the straps. Once you were ready, you walked towards the door, and waited for Mikasa to join you. She was looking down at her scarf again, carefully folding it, before placing it down on a table. She then turned and walked towards you. You raised your brows at her action of leaving it behind, but decided against asking. Louise didn't though.

"You're leaving your scarf?"

"I am", was all she said before joining you, closing the door behind you.

...

You met up with the others, gathering as many supplies for your gear as you could, bringing it along as you walked up to the roof. There was a giant hole in the middle of it, and you suspected it to be where Eren or one of the other shifters initially turned.

"Yelena?", Marco said out loud, and you turned to spot her spectating the fight from the edge of the roof. She looked at you, but quickly looked above as an airship plummeted down towards the ground. You followed the sight of the ship with wide eyes as it crashed against houses by the inner-gate of Shiganshina. You felt relieved knowing the townsfolk living here now were evacuated prior to this. At least there won't be any civilian casualties this time. But you felt sad watching your hometown once again turn into a battle field. It has happened three times too much.

"The gate to Shiganshina district has been blocked. Zeke has taken down their ships. The moment that will change history is near", Yelena said aloud as she eyed Eren's titan moving towards where the Beast Titan were stood atop the wall above the outer-gate.

As you watched, Zeke threw boulders at Reiner who was about to attack Eren from behind, the force of them so strong it tore his leg clean off.

"Do they really need our help?", Connie asked perplexed. It sure didn't look like it... Wait. Why is Zeke here? Knowing Levi, he would never let Zeke out of his sight. If he's here, so should Levi and Hange.

"Yelena, what happened to Levi and Hange? Levi would never let Zeke go", you asked wary. She turned to look at you with somewhat of a smug expression.

"I think we can assume this means Zeke defeated them. He has appeared here now, just as he promised Eren", she answered, much to the disapproval and shock of the rest of you. You shook your head.

"That's impossible!". It couldn't be! Moblit looked ready to implode by the mere thought of it.

"I wish we didn't have to, but we have no choice! It's the only way for Zeke and Eren to save the world! We need to join the Yeagerists and help them together!", Armin said, waving his hands. You looked at him with a hurt expression, the lingering feeling of sadness and uncertainty surrounding the fate of Levi and Hange was hard to ignore. But your eyes focused on a figure closing in on Armin from behind him, eyes widening as Yelena bent over his shoulder while giving him the wildest look you've ever seen on a person. It scared you, she looked a mix between furious and disturbed. But right as Armin turned his head after seeing the frightened look on the rest of yours' faces, she shot him a sweet closed-eyed smile.

"Please help Eren and Zeke. I believe in you Armin"

Armin swallowed thickly, then gave her a wary nod. With a last look at the rest of you, making sure you were focused and ready, he motioned over to the edge of the roof, and you followed him as he leaped over the edge, once again joining the action on the front lines.

__________________________

A/N:

There's not really much else to be said other than I'm both excited and terrified to start writing with the Manga content. Hopefully the feels won't hit as hard as the first time I read it, but knowing me they probably will... I'll make sure to have the tissues ready from now on, this is gonna be one hell of a rollercoaster of emotions🥲💔

Thank you so much for reading!

~Jen

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

84.3K 3.6K 85
"Reveal yourself," Erwin ordered, though Mikasa detected uncertainty in the commander's voice. It was almost as though he were afraid of who lay ben...
144K 4K 17
You have a rough past, your father leaving you for the Scouting Legion and dying, being a assassin, living in the underground, getting caught by the...
6.6K 183 31
"Everyone changes." This year you moved to Paradis. It was your year to start over. Once you've got settled into Paradis University with your roommat...
968 19 18
You come from Marley on one of the ships to inspect the "Heaven". But instead of investigating, you end up being held by the survey corps (as an impo...