Transcendence (Book 2)

By HeelsAsHighAsHopes

So much has changed since Amiyah left Forks, but what she didn't think would change were her feelings for Edw... More

Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Heyy
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 12

1.1K 59 36
By HeelsAsHighAsHopes

Come away with me and we'll kiss
On a mountaintop
Come away with me
And I'll never stop loving you
And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I'm safe there in your arms
So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Edward and I had been meeting up under the bleachers every day after school for the past 2 weeks. It was Edward's idea and he got confirmation from Alice that as long as we kept our meetings short no one would be any the wiser.

We mainly spent the short time we have together talking and catching each other up on what's going on in each of our lives. It isn't much, but it's better than nothing.

"I've been meaning to ask you. Where's Rosalie Emmet and Jasper?" We're leaning against one of the beams, hand in hand and knees touching.

"They graduated in June." His face nuzzles my neck. "The story is that they are attending Washington state, but really they're staying at home. None of them truly wanted to attend college this year.

"What are your plans for after graduation?" I look to him curiously.

"Berkley maybe. Carlisle has been nudging me to apply for years now, He thinks it an incredible idea for all of us to hold medical degrees. He once let it slip that he wants to open a family practice, with all of us as the attending doctors, how absurd is that?"

"I think you'd make a pretty hot doctor." I smile at the image of Edward in a white coat and form-fitting scrubs. "Oh, take my temperature Dr Cullen." I place the back of my hand on my forehead and dramatically fall onto him. "What's that? I have a fever. I guess I must be burning up for you."

He laughs at my antics and steadies me back onto my feet,

"I would make a terrible doctor; I don't have Carlisle's patience, nor his restraint. I will probably just study law again if needs be."

"Oh okay... And where will I be while you're out getting this law degree?" I pout at him.

He leans in closer to me and nips my ear. "Right next to me of course."

I giggle as his breath on my neck tickles me. "My grades aren't getting me into Berkley. Or any college really. Academically I am doing atrocious."

"Forget college then, we can travel the world, or stay right here in Forks. Whatever you want."

I release a big cheesy grin "I wanna go to every Disneyland in every country. And I wanna visit Bali, and Madagascar. And ride around Rome on a Vespa like Lizzie Maguire. Then I wanna invest in bitcoin while it's still 50 cents and buy out Netflix so that it never cancels The Get Down. Then infiltrate my way into the elite Hollywood circle, become best friends with Beyonce and get on the Ivy Park mailing list. While I'm at it I might as well find Princess Love and warn her to stay away from Ray Jay before it's too late. I'd also like to visit Barcelona and do a walkthrough of where they shot Strut in The Cheetah Girls 2."

His eyes sparkle with amusement. "You've thought about this a lot, haven't you?"

I smile at him coyly. "Maybe just a little."

My wristwatch starts beeping incessantly, our 10 minutes were up. He drops his head into my neck and groans.

"I have been dreading that demonic little beep."

"You and me both." I frown before getting up. "But hey, thems the rules." I shrug dispassionately and start looking for my bag that I'd thrown on the ground when I first got here.

"I'll see you Monday. Same time same place, right?"

"Right." He doesn't look to pleased, and I'm sure I don't either. If it were up to me, we'd stay here all day.

"Bye Edward." I smile softly at him.

I turn around and start walking towards the exit.

"Wait," He grabs my hand and turns me around swiftly to face him.

I look up at his molten eyes. The colour almost swirling around in his irises, hypnotising me.

"Yeah?" I say dazedly.

He leans in closer, grips his hand against the back of my neck and hungrily presses his lips against mine, his other arm wrapped possessively around my waist

"I love you." He whispers against my lips.

Holy Fuck, the absolute brain I want to give this man. I mean the sheer knowledge I'd put down on him would be astronomical.

Edward quirks his brow in confusion.

"I love you too," I smile at him widely. I give him on last quick peck. "But I've got to go."

I reluctantly remove myself from his embrace

I walk a few paces away from him to put some distance between us, the electricity in the air static.

"Have a good weekend." I say over my shoulder.

"It will be terrible. I'll be too busy missing you."

"You are so dramatic." I giggle at him, still grinning as I duck under the beam.

I walk out from under the bleachers as inconspicuously as I can manage and hurry my way out of the gym and into the main halls.

.

Everyone's already in the parking lot so the halls are empty save for a few freshmen straggling by the staircase.

I make a beeline for the bathroom; Christine is driving me home and I want to make sure that I don't look like I just escaped a bear attack.

Pushing the doors to the girl's room open, I internally cheer once I scan its vacancy.

Staring at my reflection, I'm relieved to see that I don't look as dishevelled as I thought I did. The braids Christine's mom had done for me are still in the high ponytail I tied up this morning, and my t-shirt isn't rumpled from Edward's assault on it.

I'm in the middle of reapplying my lip-gloss when the door to the bathroom swings open revealing Great Value Daria herself, Bella Swan.

She pauses once she spots me, and I can't help but let a quick eye-roll slip through.

Great. There goes my good day.

"Hey." She eventually says to me, almost timidly.

I press my lips together and start packing up my belongings. I do not have to deal with this, especially on a Friday.

"Amiyah, wait." She calls before I push open the door.

I don't know why I stop. My mind is yelling at me to make like Speedy Gonzalez and let Bella eat my dust, but curiosity has me in a chokehold.

"What is it?" I say tensely folding my arms over my chest.

"Can we talk?"

"What are we doing now? Playing double-dutch?"

She frowns at me softly. "You don't have to be so difficult."

"Oh, I'm being difficult? Bitch you tried to steal my boyfriend; I think I have every right to be difficult" I hiss at her.

"He was supposed to be mine first!" She yells at me, which is completely out of character for her. Her cheeks are colouring with red splotches of embarrassment.

I stare at her like she's lost her damned mind, clutching my invisible pearls. The bathroom is silent, so silent you can hear the traffic from outside the building.

"Aca-scuse me." I say lowly to her in disbelief.

"I didn't mean that." She shakes her head and runs her fingers through her hair in distress.

"I'm sorry, I-."

"Don't bother." I stop her before she can continue. "You said what you said."

I turn away from her and walk out of the bathroom tersely, pulling my bag closer to my shoulder.

I wouldn't admit it, but there was a sliver of guilt that ran through me when Bella had her little outburst.

Maybe she's right. They were supposed to be together. It was all predestined before I came along.

I'd stopped thinking of my life back home as the 'real world.' The people here are far too complex to be reduced to fictional background characters in a teen romance novel... But that doesn't mean that Bella and Edward wouldn't have not ended up together.

Everything else that happened in the book took place. Bella almost getting hit by Tyler's van. The nomads coming into Forks.

The only outlier was me.

Had I really stolen Edward from Bella?

"Hey are you okay?" I glance to the side and see that Christine has walked up to me.

"Yeah. Peachy keen." I smile tightly at her.

"Okay..." She gives me a side eye, totally unconvinced but thankfully she doesn't push it.

"What are you doing this weekend?" She asks as we continue walking languidly towards her sedan

"Paul's working at the bookstore in Port Angeles. He told me he'd buy me Mc Donald's if I come and keep him company during his shifts."

Christine's wrinkles her freckled nose.

"You've been spending an awful lot of time with this Paul."

I grimace at her insinuation. "He's been a really good friend the past couple of weeks." I tell her, making sure that I put emphasis on "friend".

"Well since you're only hanging out with Paul tomorrow, does that mean you're free tonight?"

"Yeah, I guess." I say without much thought

"Great! Come with me to a party tonight."

"Oh. I don't know..." I grimace.

"Come on Amiyah

"Who's party is it?"

"Brad Gilbert."

I shake my head. "I don't know a Brad Gilbert."

"That's because you only hang out with the same six people from lunch." She says looking at me dryly.

"You hang out with them too." I point out to her accusingly.

"Yeah, But I have other friend groups. There're my friends from Math Club, my friends from Hapkido class, my work friend's, my friends from track, and my friends from the dance committee. Brad's one of my friends from track.

"Wow, I didn't know you had so many friend groups."

"Don't worry. You're my best friend."

I stop walking and stare at her until she stops and looks at me. "I am?" I grin at her.

"Yeah." She shrugs as if its not a big deal

"I don't know what to say." My cheeks have started to hurt from how hard I'm cheesing.

My heart is swelling. I've never had a best friend before. Hell, before I came to Forks I never really had friends.

"You don't have to say anything, you're not accepting an Oscar." She laughs airily.

"You know what Bestie; I will come to that party with you tonight."

"Really?" She looks at me with excitement.

"Yeah!"

She squeals. I squeal. And suddenly we're two black girls screaming and jumping around a high school car park.

"For the record. You're my best friend too." I tell her once we've settled down

"Pssh, I knew that already. Who'd be my contender? Jessica?"

I nudge her with my shoulder playfully. "Har Har."

A/N Hey guys! sorry this chapter took so long. Life got in the way again. I hope you're all doing well. Please don't forget to vote and comment. I love hearing from you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 57.1K 34
❝Interesting, the only thing stronger than your craving for blood is your love for this one girl.❞ Allison Christopher had seen many states. She had...
21.6K 695 30
⠀⠀ Bella and Edward were very happily married. How could they not be? Bella was now part of a rich family in a big house and was spending her time wi...
830K 21.9K 52
twilight x fem!reader when y/n moves to forks to get away from her parents- what exactly awaits her? better yet, who awaits her? things become helpl...
203K 6K 21
Alaina is new in Forks, but is hiding the true reason that she came. When she befriends Bella, she gets more than what she asks for with a certain gr...