Not That Perfect | JJ Maybank

Da thepoguesxoxo

It wasn't just her parents that died that night ,in a way she did too. But they brought her back to life and... Altro

Introduction
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE

THIRTY TWO

2.3K 27 1
Da thepoguesxoxo

Compass

We all make our way to the edge of the boat looking down into the water for any sign of John B. "He's definitely out of air" Pope tells us which only make me worry even more than I already am. Suddenly John B rises to the surface and I let out a large breath I didn't know I was holding. "There he is" JJ points to the masked boy.

"Jesus Christ you scared the life out of me" I say putting a hand on my chest feeling my heart beat slow down just a little. "How'd it go down there?" JJ questions as John B swims to the side of the boat taking off his mask. "Did you find anything?" JJ asks bring a smile to John B's face as he repeats JJ's words "did I find anything" he laughs holding a black bag.

"Yeah that's my boy" JJ smiles taking the bag from John B putting it down on the boat. Choosing to wait till we're back at John B's to go through it.

"You okay?" Kiara questions the brunette who is still just a bobbing head in the water.

"Yeah I ran out of air though" John B answers trying to catch his breath.

"You scared the shit out of me" Kie says back brushing the hair out of her face. As John B climbs onto the boat taking the scuba gear off.

"Yeah, the cops were up here but we took care of 'em." Pope shortly explains to the boy.

"Yeah you kinda missed the show brother" JJ says as I notice another boat in the distance I nudge Kie and she notices too.

"Hey guys, bogey, two o'clock" Kiara tells the boys and all their heads whip to the direction Kie has given.

"Do you recognize that boat?" Pope asks the group.

"I've never seen it" I answer using my hand as a shield from the sun to look at the approaching boat.

"No clue" Kie replies shaking her head "What are they doing here? The marsh is closed" Kiara says furrowing her brow.

"Same thing as us" I suggest with a shrug.

"Lets not stick around to find out" JJ says placing a hand on my shoulder.

"JJ get the bowline" John B says but JJ is one step a head already reeling it in. John B makes his way to the drivers seat and I stand behind him.

"Should we wait on them?" Pope questions making JJ stop halfway threw his task

"No we're not going to wait on them. Go get the stern go" John B says starting up the boat.

"JJ hurry up" Kie tells JJ and he does

"Guys, don't wait for me. Go" JJ says pulling the anchor onto the boat then goes to stand next to Pope.

"I don't like the look of this guys" I say looking back at the other boat

"Are they coming for us?" JJ questions as the boat continues to follow us.

"Maybe their fishing too" Pope says trying to calm the situation as best he can.

"Guys their getting faster" I tell them trying to stay as calm as possible even though I'm failing terribly.

"Lets go. Go into the marsh" Kie tells John B and he does.

"Lets just act natural" Pope says taking a deep breath telling us to stay calm. I hear a boat nearing and we aren't going any faster. "John B they're following us" I say as my grip on the metal bar of John B's chair tightens and my knuckles begin to turn white.

John B goes a little faster with lets call it.....encouragement from JJ. "Dude you gotta go faster!" JJ tells John B and he does.

I look back and see one of the men on the other boat getting out a gun "guys he's got a gun get down!" I yell as a gun shot flies passed us.

"Holy shit guys" Kie says her voice full of worry we all crouch down. John B does his best as he is still driving the boat. "Oh my God we're gonna die" Pope says putting an arm around Kie to make sure she's safe just like JJ does for me. another shot gets fired and an Idea pops into my head.

I get out of JJ grip and make my way to the back of the boat and grab the fishing net. "Jess get down!" JJ shouts I know I should listen to him but I don't. Another shot is fired and it grazed across my arm and I groan in pain. I throw the net into the water and it stop their boat.

I instantly sit down and look to my arm that's bleeding I don't think anyone actually noticed so I untie my shirt for the anchor chain and tie it around my arm to hopefully stop the bleeding. "Nice work Jess" Pope high-fives me with a smile.

"That was crazy" Kie laughs holding her chest feeling her heart beat, that has most likely sped up just as mine has.

"Jess what happened?" Pope asks pointing to my arm that is covered with my shirt.

"Oh it's nothing" I tell him with a shrug shaking my head Pope and JJ share a look and JJ makes his way towards me.

He quickly unties the shirt letting to fall to my feet "Jesus Jess that's not 'nothing' does it hurt?" JJ asks me looking at my arm to see the damage the bullet has made.

Even though it only grazed my arm it still hurts a fuck tone.

"It's fine I'll sort it later" I huff picking my shirt up from the floor and retying it around my arm. John B moves a bit on his seat and taps his seat looking at me. I walk over and sit next to him.

"You good? Like seriously?" He asks with genuine concern in her voice.  Pope, Kie and JJ are in their own little conversation so they can't really hear us.

"It hurts a little but nothing I can't handle" I smile and he looks at me smiling shaking his head.

He takes a hand off the wheel and  rests it on the back of the seat and I move a little closer to him. I've never had siblings and this feeling is the closest I'll ever get.

We eventually reach the Chateau and Kie takes the rope tying it to the dock (I know nothing about boats so if any of this is wrong feel free to tell me).

JJ grabs the black bag placing it in the dock for John B to pick up. I slide on my flip flops and pick up my shorts as John B steps off the boat.

He puts his hands out and helps me step onto the dock.

We walk up the dock and John B kneels down placing the bag in front of him. We all crowd around the boy to see what's in the bag.

"What do you guys think it is?" Kie ask looking around the group for an answer.

"Gotta be money" John B says looking at Kie with a shrug.

"That or a couple of keys with street value to the low-to-mid-mils" JJ laughs carefully wrapping his arms around my waist trying not to put any
pressure on my arm.

I nod gently telling him it doesn't hurt and he places his head on my shoulder. I smile at his action and place my hands over his.

"Can we please just open the bag?" Pope says clearly stressed his tone shocks me a bit and I raise an eyebrow.

"Wow Pope. That's a rare outburst of emotion from you" John B snickers  shaking his head.

"Okay. You guys are literally killing me with anticipation. Open the bag" Pope replies pointing down to the bag  placed in front of John B.

"We almost died over this. Jess literally got shot" Pope almost shouts pointing to my arm as he does so.

John B opens the bag pulling out a silver flask we all watch carefully as he opens it. I can practically feel JJ's stare over my shoulder.

John B unscrews the lid an old looking compass falls out into John B's palm.

He opens it and sees that it is just a compass. JJ takes his hands from around my waist as brushes them through his hair. I shake my head crossing my arms over my stomach.

"Oh wow. Yup. That's about right. Good job everybody. We found a compass." Pope speaks for all of us.

John B's eyes have not shifted from the compass since he opened it "dude, what? It's not worth anything." JJ points out.

"This was my fathers" John B says with a soft smile forming on his face.

The rest of us look at each other with very different expressions. Kie looks shocked at the boys words whilst Pope looks as if he's questioning if he heard John B correctly.

JJ, well he looks pretty much clueless much like me right now.

Why would Scooter Grubs have John B's dads compass?
————————
A/N

Oh my goodness I've not updated in ages sorry about that. I've just started back at school now in year 10. So it's a lot more stressful. I promise I'll try upload as much as I can. I can't give a specific day that I'll update cause well I don't even know that.

I know not a lot of people stop and read these things I'll admit I didn't either before I started writing myself. But let me tell you they're bloody important.

Anyway I hope you all are loving the book as I love writing it. Give me ideas!!! Cause I'm gonna run out.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

703K 43.1K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
309K 10.8K 50
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
490K 17.6K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
135K 6.2K 26
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...