Love Costs 3

By srosee2000

*Sequel to Love Costs 2* Crisis after crisis plague all members of the group while they each find a way to na... More

Introduction
Alive
Where We Stand
Something About Her
Processed
Cover Up
Cutting Ties
One Time
Miscommunicated
One In the Same
Deceiving
Alter Ego
Free
Adjusting
Brunch & Banquet
Two's Better Than One
Hidden Truth
An Act to Regret
Unload
I Do
Memory Loss
Exclusion
At My End
Maui
Traitorous
Easy Way Out
Thin Ice
Addition to the Family
High Class Crime
Home Sweet Home
Salvation
Sold Hit
Club Confessions
At Last
The Question
Planning
Unwanted Company
Shit Show
Yes to the Dress
Massacre
Guard Up
Double Crossed
Sides
Blindsided
Induced
Bed Rest
Timely Answers
Omertà
Run Ins
Forever and Always
Honeymoon Return
Force Hands
Toxic
Vegas
Bombshells
Messy Moments
Reality Setting In
Friends to Lovers
One Thing After Another
Numb Feelings
Heart Sank
Unresponsive
Steps Forward
Back On Track
Shift in Power
OD
The Reason Why
According to Plan
Jealousy Wins
End of an Era
Imprisoned
Synchronous Chaos
Verdict
The King and His Men
Babymoon
Collapse
Common Ground
Alliances
Delivered
Informants

Messages

94 3 2
By srosee2000

Haileys pov
The flight to Berlin wasn't too bad especially considering no one was in the back with us which meant amazing sex. Afterwards I knocked out until he woke me up to tell me we had landed.

"It's nice in here" I said as we got in the suite and I looked around "mhm" "thank you" "of course love. Just us this weekend, I'll try to do as little work as possible okay" "okay" "good" he said kissing me before going into the bathroom.

There was the room and the living room and a balcony and a small kitchen area with a microwave, refrigerator, sink, some dishes and of course alcohol. I grabbed the tv remote and sat down on the couch.

"So tomorrow we'll walk around the city, see if there's anything to do if you want" he said sitting with me and pulling me into him "sounds good" "alright" "how's work been. We haven't talked much the last few days" "it's been busy but at least I'm not trying to avert a crisis" "that is true" "I have a meeting when we get back though" "to deal with that thing with Gio" "yea" "okay. After my interview, Rory said she's taking me out" "that's fine just let me know" "got it. Now let's see that menu" I said before he handed it to me.

Mayas pov
"Hey" Jas said coming in my room "hey what's up" "nothing really, how's it going" "um it's going alright" "you talked to Gio" "yea a little" "are you not mad him anymore" "I was never mad at him Jas just worried" "you do a lot of that" "your point" "I think he treats you amazingly and he makes you happy and really cares for you but how long can you do this with that bullshit excuse of 'I can't love you'" "I don't think it's bullshit" "oh even better, your boyfriends just a psychopath" "he's not a psychopath, he's just been through a lot" "yea, that's what he keeps telling you and aside from being in prison that's pretty much all you know" "maybe that's it" "you and I both know that's not it. There's no actual proof he's telling you the truth. He could've been in prison for murdering babies" "he wasn't, I checked. It wasn't even murder. Besides that whole story about his friend on the news actually made me feel a little more at ease" "the news story about his friend being in the mafia. In what world would that put anyone at ease" "it just means he's at least told me the truth about that so it's not like he has a secret wife and kids somewhere" "no wife sure but the way he got around there might be some Giovanni juniors running around manhattan" "Jas, stop. Yes he's done a lot but he wouldn't lie to me about things like that and sure maybe it is wishful thinking to assume that eventually he'll feel for me what I feel for him but I can't help it and the last thing that will help me right now is letting him go. I just know it'll set me back at least 25 steps from recovery. Besides, you don't have to hold a grudge every time he and I have a disagreement" "well someone has to" "if it's warranted, I have it handled" "yea sure. I'll back down a little" "thank you" "and on the subject of the mafia thing, please make sure you're careful. If anything, and I mean even if something seems like it's going to happen, you've gotta tell mom and dad. I know they'd be more concerned with your safety than being upset at you" "yea okay" "good" she said before getting up and leaving my room.

"Hi" I said smiling as I answered his call "hey, everything alright" "what do you mean" "why are you smiling so hard" he asked with a smile on his face too "I was just thinking about you and then you called. Made me happy" "well good. What are you doing" "nothing really. I was drawing and then talking to Jas but she left" "okay" "up for a date soon" "uh I wish I could but I'm technically on house arrest per Isaacs orders" he said, laughing lightly "how come" "work. It's really not a big deal. As soon as he gets back I'll come to see you" "are you sure" "yes I am" "I'll look forward to it then" "so will I. How's work and everything going" "oh not too bad. Busy but interesting" "and you like it" "I do, it really feels like something I could do for the rest of my life and this will look amazing on my resume" "well good. I'm proud of you" "really" "of course. Are you gonna work through classes this year" "I plan to, yea. Should get used to the work load" "well don't take on too much" "I won't don't worry" "good. I miss you" "I miss you too baby" "we'll go get dinner" "you always wanna get food" "because I have a feeling you don't eat unless you're with me just so I don't ask about it" "not true" "well still, we're gonna get the food" "you don't have to worry about me" "Maya" "fine, dinner it is" "good. I have to call someone so I'll talk to you later okay" "okay" I said before he hung up.

Riley's pov
"Dad, uh what are you doing here" I asked as he walked in with the maid "came to see how you were doing. Is he here" "he should be on his way back. Is something wrong" "does something have to be wrong for me to come see my daughter" "I mean no but I usually come see you" "true well I was out and figured I'd stop by. How are you" "I'm good. Just relaxing usually" "you two planning on going anywhere" "no not that I know of" "okay. It's nice in here" "mhm" "he takes good care of you, si" "yes dad he does" "just making sure. I know how he grew up, I just need to know how he matured" "he has. Do you plan on staying until he gets here" "is he far" "shouldn't be. How's mom doing" "good. She's been at her sisters all day so I haven't seen her much" "are you guys okay" "we're fine Riley, she likes to take breaks" "from you" "yes. You know as well I do that I'm not the most reasonable man. We got into a little argument this morning so she said she was going out with her sister" "a little argument" "it wasn't bad, like I said she likes to take breaks before things get bad" "would you actually tell me if it was" "I doubt it but it's not" "okay then" "we still have a trip planned so everything should be fine by the weekend" "alright good".

He stayed, making small talk until Ricky came inside.
"Mr. Rapino, how are you" he said shaking his hand "I'm good, yourself" "the same" "were you working" "checking in on things while Isaac is out of town" "oh yes he did leave" "mhm" "how are your parents" "they're fine. They went to Romania" "oh really" "yea so they'll be gone for a few days" "so how long are you gonna live together before you marry my daughter" he asked "oh uh, until we're both ready" Ricky answered, I'm sure just to evade the question "so you live together, sleep together probably unprotected, you spend your money on her. So you want her without all of the commitments is what I'm understanding" "it's not like that it's just marriage is a big step and we just graduated, it won't be never just not tomorrow" "dad, we've talked about this before" "if you're not opposed I don't understand the problem in marrying each other before an accident occurs" "it won't" I said, knowing he was talking about me getting pregnant "very well" "I'm sorry sir if you disapprove" "I don't disapprove exactly but she is my daughter and if anything happens we all know which of you will be congratulated and which of you will be ridiculed" "I understand" Ricky said "good" dad said as they nodded in agreement.

Tess' pov
"Hey baby" Drew said joining me in the kitchen and sitting his keys on the counter before coming over to kiss me "hey" "what's wrong" "sorry nothing" "looks like something. Talk to me" "I think I want to go to Italy to get Elijah" "why" "he doesn't like it and they're being unreasonable" "about" "him working with Isaac. My grandfather thinks it's a little excessive" "they don't want him to be in the business" "they do but they think Isaac has too much going on to look after him" "you don't agree" "I agree but it's not like he's the only one looking after Elijah" "so they think Isaacs reckless" "more or less but he's not just the problem" "let me guess, Gio" "mhm. They always thought he was too unhinged for me to even hang around and now they don't want Elijah around them but I don't know what they expect" "so what would going to get him do" "my parents are gonna be in Rome for the rest of the year and I'll just keep him here" "here" "unless you mind" "of course not" "I just don't see why he has to stay if he doesn't want to" "are you gonna talk to your parents" "yea, I'm gonna call my mom" "well I'll let you do that and I'll go change" "okay. Oh, how was your day" "it was good babe" "sorry I didn't even ask" "it's alright. Come up when you're done" "yea" I said before he kissed me and left the kitchen.

"Hey mom" "hey honey. How are you" "I'm good. How's it going there" "good. We're finally settled in" "just finishing up" "yes, this morning. There was some shipping issues" "oh I'm sorry" "it's fine. At least it's done now" "true. So I talked to Elijah earlier today" "okay" "he really doesn't like being in Italy" "he's with family" "yes but they're basically treating him like it's WitSec. He said he's not allowed to go anywhere alone and they ask who he's in contact with all time. All of that stuff, he doesn't like it" "it's for his good. Besides it's only until your father and I get back" "yea, I was thinking of going to get him" "when" "tomorrow" "Theresa he's not coming home" "why" "because it's dangerous" "you're saying it like he's being targeted" "no he's not directly but the two people he looks up to more than anything are constantly targeted, who's to say he won't get caught in the crossfire" "he can get caught in the crossfire in Italy" "you know we love Isaac and Gio but when it comes to business I think they're reckless and frankly quite insane" "so you're just gonna store him in Nonnos estate" "he's not a prisoner" "in that case, I'm bringing him back" "do you want him to end up like Diego" she shouted and I was kind of taken aback, it's been a while since she talked about him "of course not mom, none of us do. But Diego didn't die working with Isaac or Gio, he died in prison and Elijah isn't Diego. You can't treat him like he's your second chance at seeing Diego. He's his own person and he has to have his own experiences and make his own decisions" "I'm allowed to protect my son" "yes but don't shelter him. One way or another he'll end up working with Isaac and Gio whether you like it or not, just make sure when the time comes you're in his life to help him" "he'll stay with you" "yes" "Theresa, I can't lose another son" "I know, I can't lose another brother. They may be insane but I trust them" "fine. I'll call your Nonno to let him know you'll be there soon" "thank you mom" "of course" "I'll talk to you later. Bye" "bye honey" she said before I hung up.

///

Haileys pov
"Is that what I said or are you just fucking dumb" Isaac said as I got out into the living room "then fix it before I get back. No it's not" he said before hanging up.
"Sorry" he said putting his hands on my hips as I sat over him "don't be. Everything okay" "yea, nothing to worry about" "good" I said smiling at him before starting to kiss his neck
"Mm love, last night wasn't enough" "it was but you're addicting" "ah is that so" "it is but I could stop" "don't. I wanna see how addicting I am" he said deeply and I got wet instantly and not like oh I'm just getting wet down there, I mean it like I'm already dripping.

I kissed down his body as I moved to my knees. He lifted his hips and pulled his underwear to his knees before I did the rest. His semi hard dick rested on his thigh and I took off my shirt, leaving myself in just black laced underwear.
He let out a shaky moan as I grabbed his balls and massaged them a little while I watched his dick grow. It was still unbelievable, trust me.

I took the base of it in my hand and barely moved it before putting the tip in my mouth. I used both hands as I licked circles around his tip and listened to his moan.

"Oh fuck Hails" he moaned as I took as much of his length as I could down my throat and gagged around it. He took my hair in his fist moving my head along his dick as I put my hands on the side of his thighs. I pulled off to breath, jerking his saliva covered member off as his chest heaved.
"Come here" he said breathlessly before I went to sit over his lap.

He put one of his hands on my lower back and the other reached to pull my hair and my head back before he roughly sucked and kissed my boobs. I put my hands in his hair as I moaned, it was so forceful, I couldn't help it. I could feel his hard member against my underwear as we made out and I moved my hips slightly.

"Take them off" he said lifting me off his lap easily and slowly stroking his dick. I did as he said then squatted over his lap again, standing on my feet. I let him put his tip to my hole before sliding down in it myself.
"Oh my-fuck" I moaned as he penetrated every inch of me. I rode him until I couldn't anymore then he put his arms under my thighs and moved to lay me back on the couch, never leaving from inside of me.
He kissed me softly as my ankles hung over his shoulders then he sat up and grabbed them before he started slamming into me quickly.

"Oh my god, you feel so good" he moaned as I came, all of my wounds practically inaudible. He let my legs fall open so he could lean forward. He put his hands on the back of my head and his face into the crook of neck as we moaned for each other.
I ran my nails along his back and through his hair as he started getting sloppy.

"Shit" he breathed out before sitting on his knees and pulling out. His cum fell onto my stomach as it leaked from his tip in strings and he cursed and moaned through it. He pushed two of his fingers in me, moving them quickly and kissing my boobs before I came again quite easily.

"We can stay in today" he said wiping me off with his tshirt before putting on his underwear and I put my tshirt back on "I wanna go out. Let's go sightseeing and we'll get some food and see what's in town" "okay baby" he said with a small chuckle "what" "nothing. I just can't believe I'll spend the rest of my life with you" "who said that, was it the nonexistent ring I show off to everyone" "oh it's coming" "should I be expecting it in the next day or two" "don't expect it, just let it happen. You'll stress yourself out less" he teased before I kissed him and got up.

I grabbed the menu and looked at what we could get for breakfast then he ordered. After that we got ready to leave the hotel. I put on a floral set with a mini skirt and a crop top with spaghetti straps and then some white sandals. He had on light blue jeans and a thin creme polyester button up which he left half open and a pair of fendi sneakers.

We had a long, beautiful day. We took a small cruise boat around the city then they dropped us off at the Sanssouci, a huge palace with beautiful gardens, and we stayed there for hours. We took pictures and explored and everything then we took a taxi to this authentic German restaurant where Isaac pretty much made me order the whole menu to see what I liked then we got dessert and walked around a little bit.
We ended up at a theater to see pretty much the only English play that was available for tonight then walked around more before we went back to the hotel.

"I am beat" I said dropping my purse and sitting down "it was the stairs wasn't it" he said laughing a little before bending down to take off my sandals as I smiled at him softly "yes it was. I get it's a palace but geez" I said as he gestured to me to move back then he sat on the edge and rubbed my feet "did you like the food" "yes I did, thank you" "you're welcome. Wanna do anything tomorrow" "we could just do dinner. And if you want to, go to the flea market before that since it will be Sunday" "yea we could do that" "okay good. Thank you" "mhm" "I'm gonna go shower" I said kissing him and getting up. Surprisingly he didn't follow but it didn't bother me, this way I could take a quick shower and lay down because I was actually tired. I got out then he got in, a small exchange between us.

"Hey mom" "hey sweetheart, how's it going" "really good. We were out pretty much all day and tomorrow we're gonna go to the flea market then dinner then we leave at 7" "okay good. You sure it's not bothering you that it's not as long as you hoped" "of course not. He has work, I have an interview. Kind of thinking of this as our sort of last getaway without responsibilities. Mine at least, he's been doing this for years" "true. Well just enjoy yourself okay" "I will mom" "I love you" "I love you too" I said before hanging up. I reached over to grab the remote on the table but his phone came on.

Kennedy
iMessage

That's all it said. Who the hell was Kennedy. It's not that he couldn't have friends, I didn't care, but I usually know all of them.

I opened it, I know stupid, and went to the messages. It was all of her messages and not that she just kept texting him unprovoked, it was obvious they were having a conversation and he was just deleting his side of it.

'Yea I told him'
'You can though'
'Well my father said he wants to have dinner with us again'
'No babe, if I go to Italy just come'
'You keep saying that. If that were true, you'd stop talking to my father'
'I'm waiting, of course'
'I do have work, meet me at the casino and I'll give it to you. I'll throw in a bonus if you want'
'Too bad, call me if you decide to. I've gotta go'. Those were some of the earlier messages but I scrolled to the bottom to their most current one, or at least her side of it.

'Are you serious'
'My father said you were'
'You left already, seriously'
'I told you to make something up and cancel'
'I do if you still want to be on my fathers good side'
'He knows'
'What, are you coming over when you get back'
'Good then, doesn't mean I'm not still mad. I do expect you to make it up to me' was the last thing she sent. Half the time she seemed annoyed or upset but then yet again it was a text message, he was deleting his, she called him babe, I couldn't tell if it was obvious but what the hell. I put the phone down and grabbed the remote like I originally planned and watched tv until he got out.
He sat on the edge of the bed with his back towards me and checked his phone for a few minutes, probably another deleted message. It was obvious the notification wasn't there so if he knew I checked I was gonna wait for him to talk.

"So tomorrow do you wanna get lunch too" he said getting in the bed and pulling me to lay on his chest "uh well they'll be food at the flea market so we don't have to and then we can get an early dinner" "mhm and then come back burn it off" he said kissing my forehead "yea" I said with a small laugh. So maybe he didn't know or maybe he thought I didn't understand what an affair looked like.

Dixies pov
"Baby, we're here" Damon said shaking me awake "oh we are" "mhm. Let me go check in" he said getting out of the car. We had decided to drive to myrtle beach which actually wasn't that bad but then yet again, I didn't do any of the driving.
He came back a few minutes later and handed me the key before grabbing our bags.

"Thank you for doing this" I said sitting on the bed as we got to the room "you're welcome baby" "you should get some rest" "I'm okay, let's eat first" "okay, let me order something" I said as he got on the bed and pulled me to sit between his legs as we looked for what we wanted to eat then my dad called. This man has impeccable timing.

"Hey dad" "bella, are you there" "yea just got here not too long ago, we were looking for somewhere to get food" "mhm. How was the drive" "not bad. I didn't drive" "I didn't expect you to" "I'm guessing you wouldn't have approved" "I just wouldn't understand why you would have to" "yea yea I know. Well nothing to worry about then" "do you want me to send Henry to drive the two of you back" "why would that make sense dad. It's fine we'll make it back in one piece" "okay, if you change your mind let me know" "I will dad thank you" "you're welcome. Talk to you soon" "mhm, ciao" "ciao bella" he said before I hung up.

We ordered some sushi and some Chinese because we couldn't decided exactly what to get.
After a few minutes of his fingers rubbing my clit through my tights I moaned and turned my head to kiss his neck. He slipped his hand into the waistband of my underwear and sped up some.
"My god, that feels good" I moaned then he started doing the same with my boob. He stopped to let me take my clothes off and get back where I was.
"Open your legs more baby" he said into my ear and just as I did he plunged three of his fingers into me making me whimper.
"You're so wet" he said softly kissing under my ear as he rolled my nipples between his fingertips.
It didn't take long for my legs to start shaking after his other hand started rubbing my clit quickly.

"Yes, I'm cumming" I moaned as I could feel his smirk against my neck then I released it. My body pushed into his as my legs shook and my pussy leaked. When I was finished he pulled out and brought his fingers to his lips, sucking on them seductively as I stared at him.

"You taste fucking amazing" he said wrapping his arms around my chest and squeezed me "I love you" "I love you more" "want me to" "nah, maybe later. I just couldn't help touching you" "good. I'm gonna shower then" "yea" I said kissing him and getting up.

Tess' pov
When we landed in Italy, it was evening already so we knew they'd all be home. Drew decided to come with me so that made it better.

We drove to my grandfathers estate and went inside.
"Hello, Nonno" I shouted before he came around the corner "Theresa. How was the trip" "good. You know Andrew yea" "yes, how are you" "I'm good sir, thank you" "mhm" "where's Elijah" "in his room. I still don't think it's a good idea" he said gesturing for the butler to go get him "well I think everyone's overreacting and if he doesn't want to stay he shouldn't have to" "your parents don't agree with you, you know" "I know. I spoke with them, but they're in Rome, not America" "I see" "he'll be okay Nonno" "is he staying with you two" "yes just until mom and dad get back" "very well then" he said as Elijah came down with two suitcases.
"Ready" I asked as he smiled at me "yes I am" "good. Say thank you" "thank you for letting me stay Nonno" "mhm, be safe back in Manhattan" "I will. See you soon" he said before we left.

"Thank you guys for coming to get me" he said as we drove to the airport "no problem" "didn't think you'd come" he said to Drew "well someone had to join your impulsive sister and all of her best friends are busy" "yea well I'm glad she came" "was it that bad" "it was annoying and weird and stupid. I still don't get the point" "ready to be back at work Mr. bodyguard" "eh I guess" "don't be nonchalant, you can say you like her" Drew teased "I don't like her like that. Even if I did it wouldn't work because she has a boyfriend" "a boyfriend is just a boyfriend" "anyways, can we not talk about else" he said and I laughed some.

///

Haileys pov
"Morning beautiful" he said kissing my forehead as I turned into his chest "morning" "you okay" "huh, yea I'm fine. Just could use a few more hours" I said smiling and getting up.
I closed the door to the bathroom and turned on the sink and leaned over it. I felt like I was gonna have a panic attack and if I did he'd know something was wrong and insist on helping.
It's not easy to confront the man you love about something like this but that was the least of my problems, I knew if we had a problem we would talk it out. The thing was, I had to make sure I was right. Isaac could lie himself out of a murder with the bloody knife in his hand and if he just flat out told me I was overreacting, I wouldn't know he was actually lying or not and it would drive me even more crazy.

"Baby" Isaac said knocking on the door "uh yea, one second" I said turning off the water and opening the door "everything okay" he said walking by me and using the restroom "no I'm okay. Why don't we just do the flea market and then come back and get ready to leave" "you don't want to do dinner" "I'm feeling a little sick" "something you ate" "I don't know maybe" "are you okay" "I'm fine, just a little nauseous" "we don't have to do the flea market either. We can get som frozen yogurt or smoothies. I saw a place a few blocks away and I think the fresh air might help" "um sure" "good and when we get back, you can rest amor" he said kissing my forehead "you're sweet" so how could you be having an affair.

The first few minutes of the walk were silent. We were just hand in hand and step in step.
"Something on your mind Hails" he asked bumping me a little "nope just enjoying the scenery" "it is really nice here" "yea" "want a house here when we get married" "married" I said lowly "what's that love" "nothing. What is it you're talking about" "I said I'd get you a house anywhere you'd like" "oh yea. Hm do I only get one choice" "as many as you want" "then maybe, it won't be my first choice though" "mhm" "what" "I figured you'd want like a beach house first" "yea I think you're right" "you sure you're okay, you just seem different from yesterday" "I'm not sure, nausea is probably just making me tired. Sorry for ruining the end of the trip" "you aren't ruining anything, I just want to make sure you're okay" "thank you" I said as he leaned over to kiss the side of my head.

We got the smoothies and walked back then I laid down in the room. He was out in the living room but sometime during my nap I felt him lay behind me and pull me into him then turn on the tv.

I woke up when I heard the door to the hotel room. I checked my phone: 10:29, damn.

"Oh hey, how are you feeling baby" Isaac said turning to me "better" "I got dinner" he said holding a bag in his hand "thank you" "I found this Italian place and got pasta since I assumed it was some of the food you ate the other night that made you feel sick" "how thoughtful" "of course. I also got some medicine and tea just in case" he said wrapping his arms around me as I leaned into his chest.

"I got a hold of the pilot earlier while you were sleeping and asked them to leave sooner so they should be here around 3 or 4. I'm sure you're ready to get home" he said as we ate "thank you but you really didn't have to" "it's okay baby. If it's food poisoning, I wanna make sure you feel better before your interview which is very important" he said smiling at me. I know this is how he always acts but now maybe it seems like he's overcompensating. That or I'm being paranoid.

///

Rorys pov
"Good morning" Nick said as I turned to him "were you watching me" "I was" "that's a little creepy" I said laughing a little "I can't help it" "mhm. What time is it" "after ten but I have to be work at 2" "so you're leaving" "eventually, do you have food for breakfast" "yes I do" "then I will cook to repay you for good sex" "just good" "my bad I meant great" "that's what I thought" I said before he got up and grabbed his joggers. I followed a few minutes after and put on his underwear and a cropped tank top.

"You don't work today" he asked I watched him cook "nope. The office is closed since he's out of town so I'm doing work from home for a couple of days and only one appointment over the phone" "oh okay" "what time do you get off" "I'm only going in for a couple of meetings so it's a short day" "oh okay" "why, you gonna come see me" "I just might" "good. Is your mom still coming over today" "she said she is" "don't want her to" "at this point I don't care" "that's better than a no I guess" he said with a small laugh "mhm sure".

We talked through him cooking and eating then I started cleaning up as he leaned on the counter by the sink and typed on his phone.

"Girlfriend" I teased as he sighed "please. It's my coworker" "something happen" "we're working on a project and he's lead tech and I'm lead accountant but I can't do the financing and budgeting until he's done his part and he's moving agonizingly slow" "I'm sorry" "yea so as soon as he does that I'll probably be a little busy but I'll make up for it" "do worry about, do what you need to do. Besides, you're cute when you talk about work" "and you're cute when you're on top of me so we all have our preferences" "mhm" I said as he kissed me then there was a knock on the door.
"I'll get it" he said walking away.

"Oh sorry. I didn't know you had company still" Hailey said walking into the kitchen with him "you're fine. Are you okay" I asked as she pulled at her bracelet "um yea" "I have to go home and get ready for work so I'm gonna go upstairs to change" Nick said walking away "need to talk" I asked "yea kind of" "let me finish up then. When did you guys get back" "around 8 but Isaac left for work like an hour ago" "oh okay".

"So what's the problem" I asked as we sat on the couch, Nick had left already "I think Isaacs having an affair" "what" "yea with some girl named Kennedy" "you ever met a Kennedy" "no, never even heard of her" "so why do you think he's having an affair" "I may have checked his phone" "I thought you didn't do that" "I don't usually. I saw her name pop up in the notifications and I got suspicious and he was in the shower. I don't know why I did it okay" "so what was it" "text messages. But he deleted all of his and she called him babe in one of them" "deleted or never answered" "she was texting like she was responding to something not just blowing up his phone" "so you're sure it's not one of those things where he maybe slept with her a long time ago and now she just wants to claim him as her boyfriend" "I'm not sure exactly, that's why I haven't said anything" "what do you mean you're not sure" "I think it's more like a 'having dinner with parents' type affair" "his parents" "no her dad. She told him her dad wanted to have dinner with them again. She said other things like getting off of work and meeting somewhere. Him coming the casino to meet her. Her bringing him something and giving him a bonus. It just seems like a lot for it not to be reciprocated" "hm. I don't think Isaac would cheat on you this far into the relationship" "true but people twenty years into a marriage still get cheated on. Maybe she just wasn't there three years ago and now she's back in the picture and then it just happened" "it just sounds too suspicious almost" I told her "so what should I do" "honestly I think you should wait" "that's what I was thinking" "like give him the benefit of the doubt. I really don't think Isaac would cheat on you. All of the girls he knows are practically the same and he's not attracted to them, how do we know this Kennedy bitch is any different" "yea maybe you're right" "so when did you see these messages" "the second night of the trip" "and what did you do the last day" "pretended I didn't feel well so we got smoothies and I slept half the day" "wow, a commitment to that illness huh" I teased as she tossed a pillow at me "shut up, I didn't know what else to do" "well I'm really sorry" "thank you" "yea" "so what was Nick doing here" "just the usual Hailey, it wasn't a big deal" "do you guys usually stay the night at each other's houses" "if our mornings are free yea" "that's cute" "it's okay" "what time is your mom coming" "I don't know a few hours. You have to be home" "not really. Isaacs at a meeting then he's going down to check on his clubs with Ricky so I don't know how long that will be. I never told him I was leaving the house so I should be home before he gets there" "is your bodyguard outside" "yes but not Lorenzo. Leave me alone Rory" she said as we laughed.

///

Mayas pov
"How was house arrest, nostalgic" I asked as we ate "something like that. I went to Anthony's house once" "how are they" "good. Rowans crawling a little bit" "how cute" "maybe one day we'll go see them if you want" "really" "why not" "I'd like that yea. Thank you" "you're welcome. So next weekend I have to go to Italy for a few days" "what's a few" "just three" "is everything okay" "mhm. My uncle asked me to come for work and I'm assuming there's more but he won't tell me until I get there" "because you won't go" "I mean depends on what it is but it's not likely" "does it hurt not being able to call them family" "no. They've never done much for me" "much or at all" "nothing that I can remember" "hm. So the tattoo on the back of your neck means what, I remember you saying something about it to your mom when I was on the phone with you once" "it's a cobra, the Castellanos family insignia" "what's the problem with you having it" "only the family members and a select few who've basically given their lives to his family have the tattoo. I took this oath thing, it's a whole process, then his grandfather asked me to get it so I did and now I work for them" "I don't get the problem" "me neither. It's a little more complicated but that's the gist" "can I see it" I asked before he turned in his seat and I pulled his collar down a little bit.
"Hm" "what" "Isaac has this" "yea on the inside of his wrist" "okay so since you took the oath and do the work why can't you remove the tattoo and make everyone happy" "because I don't do things to make them happy. Besides, that's not how it works. It's all a bunch of territorial and power struggle bullshit but I have to have it for a lot of things" "oh. Well then I'm sorry it causes this much trouble or for you" "yea thank you" "you're welcome".

We got dessert afterwards then left. We were driving pretty much in silence, making small talk as I scrolled through Instagram on my phone, occasionally showing him a video or picture. I jumped as he swerved hard right then started speeding.

"What the hell are you doing" I shouted and before he could answer there were two gunshots "don't fucking get down like that, sit back" he shouted "who is that" "I don't know Maya, shit" he said as he tried to maneuver his way around the little bit of traffic. He took a quick turn down a side street as I grabbed the door handle and the car continued to follow us.

"Lorenzo. I'm like 10 minutes away. Yea, have the gate open and there's a car following me. Yes they are. Sure" he said before hanging up and sitting the phone on his lap.
"Gio" I said looking out of the mirror at the man standing through the sun roof with a rifle in hand "fuck, I know" he said driving a few more feet and taking another hard turn just as the shots started and only a couple hit the car.
Ten minutes later we in the more rich suburban areas of Manhattan. We passed acres of land before approaching a gate where about eight men stood, all armed heavily. They stood far enough apart where Gio could drive through them then they started firing.

"Have that cleaned up Lorenzo and if anyone in that car is still alive, take them to Verano and let him no he only had once chance fo fuck up" Isaac said as we walked towards him "yes sir" the man answered then said something in Italian to everyone.

"Are you guys okay" Hailey asked coming to the foyer to meet us "yea just fine" Gio answered as I looked around quickly. These people had endless money.
"Yea, I know" Gio said as Isaac looked over at him "I didn't say anything" "you were going to" "I was only going to ask how bad it is. The gunshot wound" he said making me look over quickly "you got shot" "it's not that bad. Denise can just take it out" "mhm. Is she still in the house baby" he asked Hailey "yea" "Denise" he shouted then she came around the corner.

"Sir" "can you help him out please" "yes sir. Give one minute".
"One shot" she asked Gio "yea" "bullets still in" "mhm" "this will hurt a little bit" "just go ahead" he said lifting his shirt and I basically already felt his pain. He only winced and cursed though as she pulled it from his abdomen then wiped away the blood and stitched it, which he looked like he didn't feel at all.
"Thank you" he said as she wrapped a bandage around him "you're welcome"
"I thought you talked to Villa Nueva" he asked Isaac "I did. When I got back" "and" "he said he had it under control. I'll find out more in the morning and we'll go talk to him" "got it" "any room. I'd prefer if the two of you stayed off of the road. We'll bring you something to change into" he said before Gio grabbed my hand and we went up for the night.

————————————————————————
So sorry for the super late update, I've been busy all week but here you go. Thank you guys for reading and I hope you're enjoying. Any questions or comments.. let me know and I'll get to them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160 3 32
Every king needs a queen Love over everything
4.9K 230 30
Sequel to The Heart Of A Killer . Mostly the point of view of Orlando and Tony. So basically the Story of the Gonzalos. Some chapters will be other p...
395 9 21
When a normal girl is in the wrong place at the wrong time, her life will change forever. When a dangerous man starts to spiral out of control he ha...
Freed By Megan

Mystery / Thriller

787K 31.4K 58
Heartbroken after the betrayal of those who once meant everything to her, Isabella begins to pave her own path to freedom as she realizes that shared...