Child Of The Future

By SydiaX

Curse. 5+ years into the middle of the end of the civilized world as we know it, and the dawn of hope comes n... More

Plot Summary
This story...
Episode 1: Pilot
Episode 2: One Hour In
Episode 3: Group Of Grief
Episode 4: Gotta Sell The Part
Episode 5: Every Little Thing Can Make A Big Difference
Episode 6: Breaking The Secret
Episode 7: Start Believing
Episode 8: Choice Leads To Trust
Episode 9: It's Different
Episode 10: It's Fvcked Up
Episode 11: Take Away The Lie
Episode 12: Take Away The Lie
Episode 13: This Is Who I Am
Episode 14: One Week Later
Episode 15: Something To Forget
Episode 16: A Little Bit Of My Soul
Episode 17: A Little Bit Of My Heart
Episode 18: Don't You See?
Episode 19: Feelings
Episode 20: Simplicity Of End
Episode 21: Am I Too Late?
Episode 22: Let It Be
Episode 23: Strange Things, Certain Thoughts
Episode 24: This Is Where We Are Now
Episode 25: Completely Bitter Sweet
Episode 26: Think Of Me And Pray For The Future
Episode 27: About Us
Episode 28: If I Could Love You A Little More
Episode 29: Light Doesn't Reach Corners
Episode 30: So Step Into The Lights Reach
Episode 31: Betray Me Not
Episode 32: Deceit Is Never Sweet
Episode 33: Deal
Chapter 34: Calamity
Episode 35: Remember?
Episode 36: Please Don't Forget Me
Episode 37: Triangle
Story So Far/ Characters Summed Up
Episode 38: Lost And Found
Episode 39: One Step Closer, One Step Further
Episode 40: Mum's The Word
Not An Update, Just An Update ;P
Episode 41: I Take The Hits
Just A Thought...
Chapter 42: Monsterous
Episode 43: Sickness In Forms
Episode 44: Fervor
Episode 45: When Will It All Stop?
Episode 46: One Room
Episode 47: Promise
Episode 48: Horizons
Episode 49: Restraints Are Abundant
Episode 50: Paradise
Episode 51: Happiness
Episode 53: Flares
Episode 54: Survival Takes The Fittest
Episode 55: No Matter What, I Love You
Previous Events...
Episode 56: Onwards Towards
Episode 57: Collisions
Episode 58: Freedom Is In The Mind
Episode 59: Behold It
Episode 60: This Is The Beginning
Woman Of The Present

Episode 52: Do You Have Love? Do You Have Sanity?

570 19 101
By SydiaX

As Jay, I thought, Q'orianka Kilcher, would work. Ever since the beginning of this book I wanted her to portray, aha, XD so I was happy to finally put her in here. Lol. I'm currently writing chapter 54 so when I get even busier, I'll still be able to have updates ready. XD Hope this is enjoyable. Also, in the following chapters along with this one, there will be a few more Third Person P.O.V.'s. I wouldn't put them if they weren't important so, just bare with it XD Thanks again and bya.

_________________

                "I love you too." I whisper after Carl tells me his feelings for the millionth, sweetest time as the dark forms the voice I used into something even more secretive than what it actually is, night on our bodies toyed with by the lights arrayed from the flames several yards away while he's laying under me, holding my naked waist in his long spread out fingers before our sweaty faces begin kissing again, Carl's dark bangs stuck to his forehead when I move against him.

               Twice in almost two hours?

               I wish we could be alone, have an endless night, anything, just to do as we please, fvck what is wrong with me? I've passed the point of returning, right?

               Lucky for me, I don't want to go back to how I was before, without Carl.

               "O-" My neck falls back when I shift, my clit pressed against Carl's shaft covered in a material that does nothing to reserve or hide his heated sex, and I'm guessing by the way he keeps shutting his eyes, he can feel me pretty well too, how I constrict around him, but it's hardly anything that reaches my mind when I feel his swollen length in me, soothing my bodies aggravation that he caused in the beginning.

               "Carl." I beckon, and he arches his back before sitting up, the movement affecting how we're connected that forces sounds from both of us while I'm brought closer to him, sitting on his lap and bend my legs while he kisses my breasts, caressing the curve of my back, and I catch a shine of his blue eyes that seduce me even more.

               He looks tense, but then again, weightless in thought.

               He's slowly panting, increasing every time we give in to a shared thrust, both of us moving towards each other in hopes of healing ourselves, the friction becoming more aggressive while he and I begin cutting each other off, making out until we can't move, Carl's forehead firmly pressing above my left breast, his hot breathing misting over me.

               Oh gosh, I can't-I can't think straight, it's-

               It's not slow like last time...it's quick and rough while we force ourselves to keep the rhythm, even when I can't move and Carl's being more gentle it won't let me keep quiet, how easy he's swaying into me, and it's so warm, almost like a burn, but...sh1t, it-Carl...

               "Please." I whimper, not meaning to beg, but I need it now, I want him now. "Please. Come." Carl whimpers at my plea, a shiver going through him, paralyzing him for a moment as he reaches the beginning of climax while I hurry to rock forward on his  erection, the repeated action of leading him into me makes me go faster, joining him and finishing us both off to climax, my legs tight around his pale hidden by darkness hips and waist when I instinctively begin mumbling a few things in my mothers original language, and I'm not sure, but I think Carl likes it, the way he watches me recover, kissing my neck over and over before I get my bearings and catch up to his relief.

               I'm in his arms, and he's in mine, holding one another, my brain clicking back so that I cup my lovers face in my hands and kiss him back, slow and intimately set while he sets me on my side, disposing of the condom and laying next to me, while we're, yeah, out of breath, but blushing like crazy, kissing each other's wrists to remind us of those bizarre little marks we created beforehand back at the hotel.

               I can see a gloss on Carl's body.

               I can see him come all leftover on his length too.

               That just makes this all the more real.

               "If you could say anything to me right now..." I feel the shiver in my voice leave when Carl inhales. "You know, just, anything, what would it be?" I pull some of his hair out of his face, tracing it behind his ear so I can linger my fingernail over his non-existent side burns, blushing at the same time of me being a complete idiot in love. I really am hopeless when it comes to him.

               "You mean, besides the obvious stuff?"

               "Yeah. What is the obvious stuff?" I shuffle his hair so it's not behind his ear anymore when he chuckles, oh gosh my heart.

               "Oh you know. You're a brat? Sometimes hard to handle? Maybe a little idiotic?"

               "Uh huh, yeah. Besides that, obviously."

               "Ok, besides that...uh, it's a little, weird."

               "Perverts only think in weird thoughts."

               "It's not like that weird." Carl scoffs, blinking slowly a couple times before becoming serious. "It's totally different."

               "Will you tell me?" I raise my eyebrows, listening with all my heart and remember that ridiculous crap that I never gave a wonder to before, every time girls back home would swoon over movies with used and re-used romantic comedy sh1t, I'd block them out and practice my fencing, but I care about whatever this person has to tell me. Why did I even ask? Did I want to know this one thing that badly?

               "Lately...I've been thinking, that, even though I'm only about, 16, I feel like, endless eternities have been wasted, because, I didn't know about you. I didn't know that, you could even exist. I feel like, you and I, we exist for each other." He gasps which shakes my entire heart and thoughts, the purpose for my living being Carl confirmed when he says it himself, and I'm not sure how to deal with how overwhelming comforted and even happy I am at this fact. "You wanting to kill yourself in case anything happened between us, to stop us from being here...If anyone ever took you away from me," Carl's eyes gloss along with mine.

               We really are heartbroken at just the fvcking thought. Hmph. Aren't we?

               "It'd just go back to everything being meaningless for me. What I want to say now is that, I wanna wake up one day in 20 years, and be with you, saying the same thing that I said just now. That and, I'm in love with you. You're mine and I'm yours and I'm going to protect you. Us, no matter what. I promise."

               He promises, as do I.

               We both promise.

__________________

-Carl's P.O.V.-

               "Spes." My voice is as quiet as a mouse while I stare at my girlfriend under the sheet beside me, daylight and birds our surroundings outside as opposed to a few hours ago when it was still night and I was asleep. Until I woke up about...2 hours ago now?

               Seems I've reached a new boyfriend award. Carl, the creepy guy that watches you while you sleep. Spes would have a field day with that.

               I don't know...something just woke me up. Like, I got, excited about the idea of seeing Spes still sleeping in the first shine of light, smiling and laughing to myself that she's safe, happy, and all mine. Gosh I feel sick with love, it's not even believable.

               Of course the guys at the prison would call me a little b1tch for feeling this way but, I won't help that Spes has changed me from that broken almost heartless kid from a month ago to this, well, slightly moronic but overall, amazingly happy guy I am now.

               "You look beautiful." I move her wavy, curled hair out of her clean face, pink lips tempting me while her long lashes flutter a touch, figure under cover same as mine, except she's hogging it a bit to hide herself more.

               She sure does like to sleep in doesn't she?

               Or maybe I'm just...awake really early? Sheesh Carl.

               I don't want to move her but I do want to go get breakfast. I can smell whatever they're cooking from here and I didn't eat last night. I feel like I'm dying I'm so hungry. Spes'll be hungry too when she wakes up, whenever that will be.

               "Baby?" I kiss her shoulder and arm. "I'll be back." My lips shape the words next to her ears when I slowly move off the mattress, getting my stuff together, pulling up my boxers and then pants while sneakily laying out my shirt at the end of the bed, hoping Spes will put it on when she stirs awake, not conspicuous at all, my property just happened to lay down at the foot of our sleeping area, and lastly I tug on a dark blue top, opening and shutting the door afterwards.

               "Jeez." I look at the floor. Fun fact number one about haciendo's or da's or whatever Spes said this place was, it has cold as$ floors and I should always wear socks.

               Man, it's like ice!

               I'm running so fast I feel like I'm in a race and...I just knocked the heIl out of Daryl.

               "Your bladder full? What the heIl?" He growls, getting up like it's no problem while I hurry to my feet, and I'm already being eyed by his shifty and keen stare. Just great, it's always Daryl. I'm starting to notice more and more, that it's always him getting mixed up in our weird- "Hope you didn't use those pixie stick wrappers."

               "I-We-"

               What?!

               "Whatever." He swings his arm back and forth, leaving me to feel totally naked given he just mentioned those small condoms in that pharmacy a couple days ago.

               I really wonder if this is what an older brother feels like. And here I thought I'd miss out on the experience. When Judith gets older she's paying big time. I'll be totally unfair and give her sh1t about whoever she likes, day in and day out.

               "Now where the heck-" I turn here and there, not knowing the location of the kitchen, and I'm not about to use my sense of smell, Daryl will just come back and make jokes about me being a dog or a b1tch, and that's not on my agenda today, so without further reluctance, I'm shaking my head and heading back to the bedroom before I get lost.

               My luck I get lost anyway and stumble across something disturbing like I've seen in the past. Strangers house after all.

               "Ow." I wince while stretching. I didn't expect myself to get sore. Still, last night, it's stupid to think I'd feel nothing after all those...ok, stop.

               Just go back to bed and try to rest so when dad comes along I'll be somewhat useful to him.

               Maybe I can forget that I feel like I have a hole in my sto-Did I leave the door open?

               I'm pretty sure I closed it.

               Unless Spes woke up and decided to look for me. Or...maybe this place is haunted.

               "Spes?" My fingers push the door open for me to peek in, eyes growing large the second they land on Jace standing over my sleeping girlfriend, tilting his head a bit, his palm slowly opening and hovering closer and closer towards the sheet, like he's about to-

               My hands reach my gun hiding in its holster, hanging on the simple brown chair beside the door while I aim and ready it to fire not a second after I figured out what the heIl he was about to do.

               "Stop." My voice comes out more deadly serious than I thought possible. My hands aren't shaking, and I think by the look on his terrified, surprised face, he knows that I may be in a relationship, I may be 16, but I know what I'm doing with this gun in my hand, my foul mood perfectly displayed in my dead cold eyes.

               "Carl...this-"

               "Is exactly what it looks like. Get, away from her." I'm mentally counting in my head, trying to keep calm enough that I don't plant a bullet straight through his eyes, here and now. I could probably send off two shots for each pupil before he even hits the ground if I wanted. I mean I have a silencer and could make it look like he just vanished, but I need to think with my head and also get him the fvck out of this room.

               "Listen, understand, I've never been around a girl like her, I've never had a girlfriend, never-"

               I pull back the hammer which alerts a click and the end of my patience.

               "You won't tell her right?"

               "I'm telling you, right now, get away from her, and out of this room, before I pull the trigger."

               "All right, all right." Jace slowly takes a step closer to me, my eyes darting from him to Spes, him to Spes, same time I see her shift under the blankets, my heart dropping into oblivion at the sight of the sheet falling off her breasts, both of us about to get an eyeful or just a peek at her light pink shaded nipples, freezing Jace in his approach with a smile on his lips that I grab a handful of his shirt and pull him towards the door, tossing him out and aiming my gun again while he sits on the floor, shocked.

               That was surprisingly easy. He was like a rag doll in my hand.

               "Stay away from her." I warn before Jace glances past me and I shut the entrance, locking it to immediately hurry and grab another sheet from the floor, hanging it over the wall that has decorative holes in it so no one can see in.

               Sh1t!

               How long was he here? Was it right after I left?! Did he do anything to her?

               She would've woken up and raised heIl if he did, so I'm guessing not, but I'm still looking her over, frantically checking the bed, floor, her body, anything to see if he molested her in any way.

               Dammit.

               We need to get out of here.

               Now. Soon, I don't know! I just need Jace away from Spes. I'm not taking any chances this time when it comes to her. We need to leave, soon.

               "Carl?"

               My head turns immediately to see Spes looking at me, my chest heaving in and out while the heartbeat I'm trying to talk down to normal is so loud I feel like she can hear it before her pretty orchid pink lips smile at me, that I relax and smile back.

               "Hey." I block her view of my gun and walk closer when she slowly gets up, fastening the sheet around her like a towel to cover herself while still in bed, my lips massaging against hers until I sneakily press my palm on the bed, the material she's using under my hand that it tugs away and falls off her skin so I can see her, hugging her before she can cover herself again.

               "You did that on purpose." She scoffs, same time I feel her try to wriggle out of my grip.

               "Yeah." I crawl and straddle her, pulling Spes' hands away while I watch her partially exposed figure lay under me, keeping perfectly still and I examine her in daylight since I was blind to her last night.

               "Hey. Entitled son of an ex sheriff, what are you doing? Being a pervert again?"

               "How is this perverted?"

               "How is it not!?" I feel her try to get free but I slowly go down to her figure, kissing her underneath her rib cage while she blushes.

               "I'm not turned on though, you are."

               Her face connects to the fact I just said. She's going to misunderstand that.

               "No. It's not like that. It's just," I hesitate. "You're beautiful. All of you. I don't only see your body when I'm excited Spes." I let go of her wrists, knowing she won't stop me, but only run her digits into my hair, smiling and watching as I kiss her nude skin like a guy worshipping his lover. "You're beautiful. All of you, I want to see you. It's the same as if you cover half your face. I want to see more."

               I'm also comforting myself, adoring her and touching her in my sweetest way as a relief because I was actually fvcking scared something would happen to her just now.

               "You're not like anyone, I've ever met Carl." She sounds really overwhelmed. I'm glad. "I didn't think anybody would...even think to say something like that." Spes almost hums laughing like she's embarrassed, and by the color of her cheeks, she is. "Hey...Don't-Don't ever change. Ok?"

_________________

-Third Person P.O.V.-

               As Jesse slowly began to stir in his sleep, he felt a body beside him, one he'd forgotten about, silently drifting around in slumber that was completely unaware to his sudden attack of panic considering he'd expected to wake up alone, though he hardly could blame either of them since their first line of sight at the party the day prior was obviously going to lead to this outcome.

               Walking around the bonfire, talking to his good friend Percy from the days he used to go around on tour with his minimally adored band, Jesse was feeling complete and happy, hopeful that there would be good days to come, when he spotted across the courtyard, a pair of dull but innocent looking eyes, playful and inviting, even if shy, staring at him through the flames.

               A girl with long brown hair, straight and slightly messy, stayed still when he approached to introduce himself, her slim, light coffee colored face, plain but kind hearted stood in wait for him to speak.

               It was soon discovered that her English was almost non-existent. She was introduced to Jesse by Percy as "Jay" since she would almost always smile and whistle at blue jays flying around in the sky and was exactly his age.

               One thing leading to another, they were both swiftly and mutually seduced by their physical offerings, the girl somewhat eager and persistent, two young beings giving into the lust of night calling them to bed, ending up with them naked beside one another the next morning, Jesse rubbing at his head and reaching for his clothes.

               "Jesse." Jay's voice came out slanted and odd but it got his attention.

               "Hiya." He lifts his hand, smiling. "Uh, you, hungry?" He pats his stomach, not prompting her face to give off any emotion, other than her nodding, moving from her spot to reach for her shoes leaving the ex-singer to feel a bit odd about the entire situation. "Great. I'll, murder Percy and get you something."

               Of course he's embarrassed, upset with himself at least a little bit, wishing he was more decent and hated how his old friend encouraged what he most desired in the darkest moment, lecturing his manner for falling into the same old acts he used to indulge when on tour, women and drinking, so it was almost a shuddering surprise when he saw the girl lighting up a blunt, the drug burning bright red in their hidden quarters while she shamelessly showed herself off to him, sucking in her cheeks and laying back down, only to have the smell tempt and weaken the young man in recovery.

               "Could you...maybe put that out?" Her eyes go to him, watching as he lifted his fingers in a gesture of holding a cigarette, or in this case a rolled up figure of drugs. "Tsss. Put it out?" He mimes again, but the opposite affect he wanted takes place while she crawls over to stand next to him, offering what's in her hand. "Oh no, please. No, uh, me, no want." He begins to sweat at the object almost shoved in his face. "Please, put it out."

               "You." Her finger slowly raises, while she points to him, the seriousness she's portraying to him gentle but still intimate between both their chests. "You, are, safe, here." Jay speaks slowly with her full lips, even larger than Spes'. "We safe. Safe." Her hand reaches for Jesse's, placing the blunt in between his fingers, only to leave him on the breaking point, walking the line between temptation, and a better life.

               "Safe."

__________________

               "Dude, I keep the drugs for myself." Percy reassures Jesse while fending off a lecture.

               "Man. You used to sell me and the Pentagon tough sh1t. You used to grow it." The younger curly haired adult sighs. "You're giving it to her?"

               "And she's giving it to you? You take a hit, man? You look like sh1t." Percy's heavy set arms rest on Jesse's broad shoulders while he looks in the other direction to hide the fact that he indulged, even if it was only an inhale or two. "I have my own little patch of earth dude. It's cool. Reagan doesn't know. That little ol' girl, she's just always high as a kite. Docile as a lamb, you don't need to worry about her."

               "Why are you doing this? I mean have you been around the past 5 years? I'm pretty sure this is a bad idea Perce." Jesse references the nickname the drug dealer the Pentagon used to favor while resting around in hotels. Both these men used to be closer than the rest, when Jesse would refuse to take drugs and instead indulge video games while the group slept it off, the dark skinned buddy was allowed to participate in the 15 year olds juvenile pastimes.

               It brought them closer.

               But in the end, Percy still ended up selling drugs to Jesse.

               Now, more than 5 years later, they've met again, and Jesse is faced with the same friend who still has some sky-high magic in his pocket, that's already seduced him through a young girl hooked on the herbs.

               "Chill out man. I'm not on the stuff, I've got it under control. That little lamb in there though, she came to us high. Figured I was doin' her a favor by keeping her nice and chill." Percy shrugs whilst having his arms crossed. "Remember man, you're just passin' through." He smiles. "Unless you're already," He breaks into song. "In loooovee."

               "I've just had trouble with that stuff. It ruined me. My family. It's not healthy."

               "Fvck healthy. We're living in a state that has fvcking dead dopes walking around. Now that's a hazard." Percy gives one last pat on the back to his old friend before going off, walking away and shaking his head in amusement while the girl Jay, with a plain face and silent manner comes up, fully dressed in sand colored loose clothes taking Jesse's attention for herself by just coming into view.

               "Me. Trouble?" She pats her chest.

               "No. No, not...in trouble." Jesse pats her chest and shakes his head. "Just...confused."

               "Me...you girlfriend?" She barely enunciates properly.

               "No." Jesse laughs. "I'm a guy, I couldn't be a girlfriend." He scoffs before realizing what Jay meant. "Oh! You meant, you be my? Because of last night? I'm sorry, I'm not really like that kind of guy. It was stupid of me to-" He pauses, seeing her shy expression go to the floor, embarrassed and tired of hearing him ramble, the sweet look in her face hurrying Jesse's teeth to bite his inner cheek in thought. "I mean, if you want to be. I don't...I don't mind." He gives in, not having the heart to break hers, and he's granted the first glimpse of a smile on her lips since they first laid eyes on one another.

_______________

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               "Carl, seriously, what the fvck?" I turn around to see him, what the heIl, he's even closer now!

               "What? I'm just walking." He widens his eyes and shrugs, shaking his head like I'm the one literally 3 inches behind him the entire time I stepped outside. "Where are you going?"

               "Well, I sort of wanted to look around, and I thought you were coming with me-"

               "So there's no problem."

               "There's no problem, except for the fact that, dude, you're like RIGHT behind me!" I use my hands and swing the around to the point Carl has to dodge me once. "If you were any closer, you'd be hugging my leg!"

               "I would not be humping your leg!"

               "What?! Who said anything about you...you, oh gosh, I'm getting a visual!" I cringe and wave my hands around my head to try and get that image away while Carl just side-glances at my strange behavior that I don't think I'll ever shake.

               "Ok, whatever you said then." He raises his hand to gesture at me.

               "Hugging. I said HUGGING."

               "Fine." He sighs, aggravated. "I just don't think that you should be out here alone."

               "You don't have to be 3 inches away from me to keep me company Carl. 1 foot will do. Look we can even hold hands." I assure him while he looks around, licking his lower lip like he's worried about something. "Carl?"

               "Why don't we go inside? I mean, once you've seen one hacoendi, you've seen a dozen-"

               "Aha!" I rub at my temples. "Ha-ci-en-da. Haha." I cover my face, struggling to catch my breath at how idiotic and funny Carl just attempted to say a Spanish word, again. Oh gosh, this guy. "Look, babe, if you're worried about walkers, I got it covered." I tug at my saber on my hip. "I ate breakfast, I digested, I'm cool. Being stuck in a room for almost a week was great while it lasted, but it is sunny today, so I think if our goal is to get stronger, we should be out here while everyone does whatever it is they're doing."

               "I'm gonna be getting enough of that when my dad volunteers me to go out and work in the fields for an exchange of hospitality." Carl's eyes squint when he looks at the sun, exposing his pale neck to me along with his jawline, brown long hair and did he say work in the fields?

               Like, doing physical labor where he sweats and toils and has to take off his shirt while I bring him water in a bucket so he can pour a spoonful over his face drenching his hair and-

               "Do it." I nod.

               "It's gonna suck."

               "Believe me baby. It won't." I quickly peck his lips and begin to walk away when he's right back to stalking me at close distances. "Here's an idea. Uh, before you are made a farmer," A  damm sexy one that would get little rest during the day and night, oh my sh1t I'm turning into Estela. "Do you wanna check out those boat rides that guy Percy was talking about?"

               Carl blinks towards the back door of the house, in the general direction of the lake we were told about, before he purses his lips a bit and smiles.

               "I have to tell my dad."

               "I'll wait here."

               And there's that face of discomfort again. He's acting a little...strange. I get that vibe right now.

               "I'll be here, just hurry up I guess." I turn around and keep the skirt from Deniece's place as low as possible while tugging at Carl's shirt that was luckily close by me this morning.

               Almost immediately, sh1t, it's really quiet. Lately there's been so much noise, it's, kind of weird when I'm back to hearing nothing like the first few days I spent out and about. Back when I thought the apocalypse was boring.

               None the less, disregarding the weather of volume, I wait and examine the well that I admired before in the front of the house, it's old fashioned presence somehow draws me closer, looking over the rim, wondering if there was any water in the cylinder shape, a few crumbs of dust falling and echoing the same moment my forearm rests on the edge, and it trances me, relaxing me the same instant my short escape from this moment is shattered by...who else?

               "You'll never guess what I saw." Jace smugs while cheesing at me, walking over like we've been friends for years and I think I'm going to make a mistake soon.

               Oh gosh, I wanna kill myself already.

               "I probably won't." Mostly because I don't care.

               And there he goes, resting his elbows on the well's wall and staring at me. "Well you should. I mean, it's, it's so...weird. But first, can I make a confession?"

               "Gabriel is in the house."

               "No. No. Not that kind. It's between you and me."

               I think I just threw up in my mouth, as Estela would put it.

               Between him and me?

               Gross.

               "What?" I raise an eyebrow.

               "Well, this morning, I was wondering...why didn't you dance with me last night? Is it because, I'm younger than you? It's only 6 months. I'm 15 now. We're equal. It was pretty rude of you to-"

               "I'm pretty rude, entitled, and thankfully, I don't give a sh1t, especially when you were rude too." And thick headed as well as annoying.

               "Ouch. Ok, fair enough. You know, you're attractive when you're pissed."

               "I'm attractive period, so that's not really a compliment."

               "How bout, you're sexy when you're confident?"

               "How bout, I've heard that one and it made me sick."

               "Why don't you like me!?" His change in attitude puts me off guard and I hold my saber, frowning at him while both of us notice Carl standing in the doorway. "Carl."

               "Jace." My lover slowly speaks. "I didn't think I'd see again."

               Huh?

               "Well, what can I say Carl? I can't get rid of myself that easy." Jace almost pouts before sighing while I look between them, deciding it best to walk the fvck away instead of making some stupid dramatic scene right here and now. It's probably just spring fever between two young bucks anyway.

               Sh1t that would put me in the middle.

               "Bye Spes!" Jace's words turn Carl's eyes into a glare. "I'm sorry I yelled at you. I want you to know, I like you alot, even if you don't like me." Our hosts son smiles, kicking a rock and walking away without another word, receding in the distance when I see Carl looking at me for a reaction, and all I do is whistle a crazy tune implying that Jace is nuts.

               "How long was he there?"

               "Too long." We both keep walking towards the fields out back.

               "Yeah but how long?"

               "Uhhh, I don't know. Maybe like, 3 minutes? Less? He said he had something to tell me, then changed topics to me not dancing with him last night."

               "That's it?"

               "Yes. Why?" I pause, curious as to the manner in which my lover is executing which is making him seem like a paranoid control freak.

               "Nothing, let's go."

               "Nothing?"

               "That's right." He stomps onwards, both of us slowly going past the dots of scattered men working with the cornfields, some of our own members helping out, Maggie waving to me as I wave back; finally the trail Carl and I are using bends towards a hill in the woods leading us out of sight.

               "If it's nothing, then what if I asked Jace what you're problem was? I have a strong feeling he'd know."

               "He wouldn't. This has nothing to do with him."

               "It does."

               "It doesn't."

               "Prove it." I squint, looking forward to spot a glint of something in the distance, several yards ahead which can only be the lake Percy spoke of before. "I think I see Jace down there." I lie my as$ off, Carl's eyes darting from the ground to affirm my claim. "I'm going to ask him." My words shock my blue eyed love for only a second until he's further taken off guard by me running full force, kicking up dirt with my boots, cameo necklace barely moving as the sun catches in my gray hair, turning it silver, almost reminding me of a bird in flight when I turn my head to spot Carl close behind me, holding his hat so he doesn't lose it.

               By my laughing, I'm guessing he knows I was lying, and by his smile, he's not pissed anymore, but I'll be dammed if he thinks he can lie to me and get away with it.

_______________

-Third Person P.O.V.-

               While Spes was finally finished with her sprint, Carl watching her catch her breath, both of them high fived with dignity, working together to lift and set the make do boat in the water where it kissed the earth, a few plants drifting about, same time the young soldier turned into a gentleman, getting his jeans soiled by the wild water to pick up his adventurous girlfriend. She didn't mind getting herself wet by the vast lake, but she didn't mind him wanting to pamper her either.

               Lifting her from her spot and setting her in the boat while she playfully dragged him into the floating device, they both innocently shoved off from their starting point as Jace exhaled and put down his binoculars, tossing them next to Jay's leg in their own boat.

               "Thank you for coming Jay." Reagan's son weakly smiled. "I'm a little heartbroken. You're a good friend." He speaks to the young woman that had no choice but to come along, remaining silent the same time Jace was slowly losing his patience and mind, watching Spes and Carl drifting further and further from distant sight, the refusal of the grey haired girl he's already infatuated with upsetting him more and more as he starts to sniff, breaking down and sighing heavily, giving Jay a look that was more dangerous than sad.

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               "Careful." Carl watches my hand streaming along the surface of cold water, the sky still bright above us. "There are walkers sometimes in the water."

               And that's it for me touching the water.  

               In fact.

               "I remember." I grin. "That one time, when we were off, looking for stuff, and I fell into like this, sh1tty waterfall or pond and, there were walkers down there."

               "I remember I had to jump and save you."

               "I would've been fine." Or not. I would've died.

               One look from Carl and we both know I'm just trying to save some of my dignity.

               "That was when, you found out I was a girl."

               "I can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner."

               "Well you are kinda slow." I shrug when he tosses an entire two handfuls of water at me. "I get it! Truth hurts!"

               "Not all the time."

               "Oh yeah? Like what?"

               "Well, how bout, the first time I saw you after your cap fell off, and I found out about you, I thought, you were beautiful. Like, really beautiful."

               "I thought you hated me. Like, just, hated me. But, regardless of feelings, truth is, I always thought you were...fvck, uh, exquisite?" I nervously giggle. I can't believe this, pouring my heart out in one of these ludicrous set ups, it's not as romantic as movies crack boat rides up to be, but still, I'm in a good mood.

               No sh1t, after last night I wouldn't be able to be in a bad mood.

               "And what about Jace?"

               Although the day is young.

               "What...about Jace?"

               "Do you think he's...attractive?" Carl picks at his thumb while I begin to draw a blank as to what in the world he's asking.

-Carl's P.O.V.-

               Why did I say that? Is it because I'm an idiot? Must be.

               Now she's looking at me like I just ruined the day and it was going so well.

               "Ok, let's get this out in the open, what is going on?"

               Here we go. No escape either since we're out in a boat. Maybe if I paddle really hard...

               "And don't say nothing. Ok? Just, spit it out."

               "Spit what out?"

               "Whatever it is that's bothering you! What's wrong!?"

               "Nothing!"

               "Bullsh1t!" She frowns.

               Fine.

               "Yeah. Bullsh1t. This whole place is bullsh1t. Those crops, this family, this haci-this house," I keep from making a mistake and just stick with English for now. "Jace! He's...pissing me off."

               "He's pissing ME off Carl."

               "Not as much as me. You don't know what-he...I'm scared." I suddenly say out of nowhere, swallowing before watching Spes tilts her head.

               "Why? Of what?"

               "I'm scared for you. I'm scared that Jace will do something. Just like the others. And if he doesn't, then, you and him, hating each other, that's how we were once. Fighting like cats and dogs, annoying the sh1t out of each other, what if, it turns out like this? With you and him?"

               "Don't offend me." Spes spits out.

               "It could happen!"

               "No it couldn't!"

               "It could! I mean..." Dammit why?

               Why did he have to know what her name meant? All this because the first time they spoke, that one little thing just started to unravel me, and then, this morning, I had good reason but...

               "You know, I'd say the whole, how dare you, but I won't. I'll just say, you're a fvcking idiot." Spes stands up abruptly rocking the boat side to side to the point I stand up to and try to steady her, but she swats me away with a glare.

               "What?!"

               "You know what. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I know we're already insecure about belonging to each other and keeping everybody's else's hands off, but this conversation is ridiculous. On more levels than one. First off, I don't care if the most gorgeous guy in the world happened to still be alive and showed an insane interest in me, because to me, you're it, and I don't see anybody else!" She lectures with a pissed off face, but it's not doing anything to make me feel like I'm in trouble.

               If anything, I think I might be blushing.

               "2," She shoes me her second finger which I actually take the time to glance at. "Me and him? I want to strangle him." Spes clenches her teeth.

               "You've wanted to do worse to me."

               "3rd, me falling in love? I'll tell you something about me Carl Grimes if this is what's really bothering you besides my safety, but I'm saying this once. You should know that if I'm willing to die than be without you, it's pretty fvcking apparent that I'm only capable of falling in love, once." Her catty silver eyes with their intensity take my breath from my lungs for more than a few seconds. "You're it for me. I can't even-how in the heIl did you even-"

               "I don't know." I walk forward, kissing her while she's red in the face from anger, smothering our lips together, both of us leading back down to the floor of the boat while I try to calm us down. "I'm sorry." I kiss down her neck. "I'm sorry." Spes undoes my belt, helping me to pull her underwear out of the way as she finds the condom in my pocket I whispered to her about just now, covering my erection a minute before I'm pressing into her, grunting and moaning all I want as the heat around me seduces my senses, the fear of us being only each other's worked out while I thrust and grip the boats rim, watching Spes look into my eyes, helping me take back what Jace thought was going to be his.

               Fvck.

-Third Person P.O.V.-

               "Why Jay?" The 15 year old clenches his teeth, letting tears fall from his lashes and onto the drug addicts cheeks, her eyes half open and unmoving as Jace continues to choke her dead body, digging his nails deeper and deeper into her throat till he feels blood begin to soak his skin. "Why doesn't she want me?" He sobs, straddling the small waist of the girl who was alive only minutes ago, put out of her misery and never to breathe again.

               "Why doesn't Spes want me?" He cries, breaking down and sobbing in the boat, throwing a small fit, which cost Jay her life, while she was too weak to defend it.

               "Why?"

               Why?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 1.1K 30
"I may have saved her from the monsters that crawl through the dark, but she saved me from the worst monster of all. She rescued me from who I would...
1.1K 153 20
"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth." When a virus outbreak causes a zombie apocolypse in North America, L.J. must find...
1K 120 38
The government has a secret, they are the cause of the apocalypse of the dead. They wanted a weapon, something that no one would be able to beat. The...
88.3K 2.2K 47
My life has never been the same since that one fateful night. Since then I've seen too much blood and too much death. People aren't trustworthy anymo...