ARCANUM | pjm.

By cherykoo

❝Your eyes would beat sunrise anyday.❞ Jimin AU | Hybrid | Fluff (DISCONTINUED). Thank you for your support i... More

PREFACE
01
02
03
04
05
00
06
07
08
09
10
00
00
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
READ

13

292 26 2
By cherykoo

YOU TOSSED and turned around your bed, letting out a huff of frustration. Jungkook's words were continuously ringing in your ears, unrelentingly occupying your mind that obstructed the trigger to get a good night's sleep.

You couldn't get it out of your head; you were rattled by everything Jungkook had said till after you had to go to bed. Of course, you figured it was merely a transient mental roadblock and that you could simply approach Jimin about it and console him, but something was inhibiting you from doing so.

A voice in the back of your mind urged you to just go to sleep and quit fretting about it, however, another voice in the deepest recesses of your mind kept jarring your senses and driving you to ponder about Jungkook's words.

Love Jimin as much as she did..

Love.. it is indeed a strong word. Or at least, you think it is. It was something you struggled to fathom as a once defenseless child, not just emotionally and sexually. Romantic commitments were an automatic "factor-out" for you. Furthermore, your parents are an example. Their bitterness for you was beyond a shadow of a doubt; they didn't have to say anything to openly express their abstruse antagonism towards you. Truthfully speaking, until this day, you have 0 percent idea as to why they acted like you had committed the biggest crime of your life that had a significant impact on them.

Sighing in defeat, you slowly got out of bed. The clock's ceaseless ticking and Jungkook's infrequent soft snores remained the only thing to be heard inside your noiseless bedroom. You checked the clock, only to realize that it was somewhere between 2 a.m.

"Damn it," You muttered under your breath, unforcedly kicking the desk near you a little too aggressively. When the realization struck, a voiceless curse slipped from your lips when you hear Jungkook groan and mumble something incoherent from the couch. You sighed in relief when his body relaxed once again.

You soon realized how parched your throat felt upon the restless night you were having, so you decided to grab a small drink of water. But just as you were about to exit the room, your eyes instantly caught notice of something stir in your peripheral vision, evoking a brief squeal of fright from your lips as you adjust your gaze to the direction of the window.

Something, or rather someone, unknowingly small was sitting on the wooden barrier. You couldn't quite grasp what it was, since the only you thing you could discern from it was its shadow.

But the longer you stared at it, the higher your anxiety went when you realized it had a tail.

A freaking, moving tail.

So it's a cat. Yeah, it's just another cat.

You assured yourself one last time with a nod before turning around, almost wanting to punch yourself in the face for overthinking a cat's presence merely because it reminded you of that certain person.

But before you could take your first step away was when you felt something encircle around your waist and abruptly pull you from behind, making your back hit something hard.

"Hi," A voice greeted. As soon as the realization hit you in the head, your jaw dropped. You spun around, only to meet eyes with someone you had least expected to see right now.

"Jimin?!" You yelled in disbelief, but not loud enough to disrupt Jungkook's sleep as you familiarized his orange-like eyes.

He smiled broadly upon hearing his name, making his eyes form a crescent shape. "Y/N!"

"Hold on.. you.. what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at Jin's house!" Confusion along with a fusion of wariness started arising in your tone, and before you could bombard him further with questions, he interrupts.

"Something like benefits of cat sense," He proudly states with a shrug.

Did this man teleport or something?

"No, I don't have magical powers." His amused rejoinder made you rethink otherwise. "I was just lucky enough since Jin hyung's house wasn't that far from your apartment, so it's no big deal." He tucked a small strand of hair on your ear. "Why are you still awake at this time, anyway? I only visited so that I could at least see you.. even if drool is coming out of your mouth." He added with a grin.

Although irritated, you ignored the last part and cringed upon the drawn-out sweetness flaunting in his tone.

"I should be the one asking you that, fruit head!" You whisper-shouted, running a hand through your face. "Ugh, look, It's dangerous to sneak out at night, Jimin. Go home. Jin might look for you." You added slowly when he stared at you, not saying anything. "Plus, you're still in your.."

"My what?" His brow winged upward, amused by the involuntary discontinuation of your words.

"Your.. uhm.. y-you know!" Your hand made gibberish motions in mid-air. The thought of saying the word made you stammer in uneasiness. "Uh.. that cat problem!"

"Cat problem? Really?" He repeated with a chuckle, shaking his head. "No, love. I'm not in that phase anymore."

You lightly smacked his shoulder upon his perverse attitude. "Then you should've just told Jin!" How and since when he got here, you had no idea. This man was just full of unforeseen surprises and happenings.

He pouted. "I was really excited to see you when I realized so I forgot.. I'm sorry, Y/N." His smile morphs into a sad one, cat ears slowly drooping. "I just missed you so much."

You sighed, somehow understanding his seemingly half-unwanted feelings. "I know, Jimin.. I'm sorry. I missed you too," You smiled, pulling him in for a hug. His arms immediately circled your waist, face snuggling against your neck.

I missed you more, you have no idea. The apartment was so empty without you. You wanted to tell him so bad yet your lips remained sealed. Now that I think about it.. how did I even manage to survive inside an apartment so dull and quiet these past years?

You have been solo and unaccompanied in your apartment for God knows how long. Hoseok and Yoongi were there, yes, although they were constantly preoccupied with their own lives. You only got to spend a lot of time with them when you were all at work, but you still had your own lives to live. In your case? It was your willingness to put up with the unwelcome seclusion in your home.

At first, you couldn't understand Jimin's behavior when he first came into the picture. He always seemed so upbeat, exuberant, easygoing, and just overall approachable, all of which are attributes that are diametrically opposed to yours. However, as the days passed in a flash, you began to understand the true nature of lonesome and the value of having someone by your side at all times.

The question is, what's the best way to deal with it? Jimin had his own struggles as well, that's for sure, and what could you possibly do when a part of it touched you and was contingent on your choices? You weren't known for being a people-pleaser. It was never your objective; you simply made decisions and absorbed whatever happened in the end. But there was something about Jimin's life that compelled you to provide a hand every now and then. You'll be there for him no matter how long he wants you by his side if he needs you. But love? It was something you may have to strain yourself to feel.

What does it feel like to be in love, anyway? How can you tell whether you're head over heels in love with someone? What's the best way to tell if it's platonic or intimate? The answer was to remain engraved as a secret to you, and you have no intention of digging it up from the dirt.

After some while of both your bodies practically glued together, you feel him breathe in air. "Not to sound like a creep or anything but we should do this more often.."

"Hm? Do what?" You questioned, retracting from the hug. Looking up, you discreetly assess his face in close proximity as the moonlight breaking in shone in luminescence across his milky skin.

"Hugs.. and kisses." His lips slowly curve into a sly smirk. Your once soft eyes hardened as you glare at him when his face patently began to inch closer towards yours.

"Shut up," You harshly grabbed his ear, eliciting a soft laugh from the orange-haired hybrid. He looks up at you and notices a slight tinge of color on your cheeks. Your smile drops when you notice him staring, and you quickly touch your cheek.

"What?"

He smiled, then shook his head. "Nothing."

He turns away to glance at the window. As if searching for something, he looks back at you with a now reluctant look smeared across his face. He sighed, fixing his hair. "Come with me."

"Huh? Where?" You asked hysterically when he was about to grab your hand. He looks at you pleadingly, slowly reached for your hand and squeezed it. "Please? I want to show you something."

You sighed. You needed a proper breather from every overwhelming thing that happened earlier, and maybe going out in the middle of the solitary night wouldn't hurt. Right?

Oh, how wrong you were.

A/N Hi! :) This is very important so please please please read this. So apparently, my writer side has finally risen up from the grave. I know I may not be the best at being active when it comes to updating, and for that, I sincerely apologize. It's been tough for me especially during these past months, and a lot happened. For some days, I convince myself to continue writing this chapter but something always happens that withdraws the motivation to do so.

But thankfully, here I am, finally writing this note to you. It sounds dramatic but I really am sorry if some of you have lost the interest to continue and wait for this book to finish because of the inactivity of updates. Rest assured that by the end of this year and the following year to come, I'll try to be more active in updating chapters. Thank you for your patience and understanding, I love you! ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321 1 25
//COMPLETED AND EDITING// Contains: ✨f l u f f✨ and a teeny tiny smut 🌚
283K 6.2K 25
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚖 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜 7 𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚜𝚝...
2.2K 177 21
When a normal boy, a dance tutor named Park Jimin falls in love with his best friend's childish sister, you. And by childish, I really mean it. Jimin...
342 8 24
Short, fluffly promts with BTS taken from my tumblr account. Feel free to request.