Quintessential Disaster

By Demon818

Futaro Uesugi has a job of tutoring 5 girls, but he has been having trouble doing so. To make sure he succeed... More

About the Story
1: You need Help?
2: Math with Yotsuba
3: Lunch Wars
4: Helping Miku
5: Meeting the Nakano's and Hara's
6: Mall Troubles
7: Ah, NINO!!!
9: Dinner
10: Café Problems
11: Sickness
12: School Trip Part 1
13: School Trip Part 2
14: Camp Activities Pt.1
15: Camp Activities Pt. 2
16: Camp's Last Dance
17: Back H- Wait, Huh?
18: Playing Hooky
Quintuple Talk
19: Spill the Beans!!!
20: Track and Field
21: Thank You Gift
New Year Story
22: Nakano Breaking
23: I'm, Tired
24: Work
25: Reuinon
26: Back on Track
27: Valentines
28: Helping to Fighting
29: Confession
30: Trip
31: Mix Up
Akira Special
32: Quintuplet Game
33: Encounters
34: Some Help
35: Loyalty?
36: Happy Mate
37: Alone. . . Time?
38: Free Time
39: Test Day
40: Birthday
41: Boys Night Out?
42: Results
43: Talks
44: Group Picks
45: Just Some Things
46: Helping Hand
47: I Wasn't Supposed to Hear That
48: Understanding Feelings
49: No Need
50: My Voice
51: Misunderstanding!
New Years, Again
52: Going Home
The End . . OF HUH?!?

8: Break Time

1K 26 13
By Demon818

POV: Akira

It's been two weeks, and nothing has changed, even those girls grades. But to be honest, something about  them has changed.

Akira: Hello, is anyone here.

Nino: Ah, Hara, you're here!!

Akira: Just by a few minutes.

*growl*

Akira: Ah, heh heh, sorry.

Nino: Was that your stomach?

Akira: Yeah it was, haha, sorry.

Nino: Just sit down, food will be done in a couple minutes.

Akira: Oh... ok.

This girl. You would think that she's a different person. The past two weeks she would make food for us to eat, but mostly aimed at me.

Not that I'm mad about that, I like eating so that's fine, I'm just talking about her personality towards me. She's not studying with us and she definitely doesn't talk to me when she doesn't need to, but when I get here, she tends to give me something. Not anything too big, but just little things. Like today, she's making food. It might have just been a coincidence since she might be cooking for her sisters, but they told me she never did this till now. Not  to mention the three times I didn't eat lunch last week she had dinner here.

I'm not saying she's doing it for me, I'm just saying she's different. Anyways, today's Saturday. Uesugi wanted to do this on the weekend, which is ok with me since we get paid for everyday we help them.

Speaking of which, where is everyone? Am I that early?

Nino: Here.

Akira: Ooo, Congee. Thank you Nino.

Nino: Tsk, not like I did it for you. Anyways, why are you even here?

Akira: Ah, you didn't know I was coming? We messaged in the group chat about today.

Nino: So now you guys are just coming over whenever you want!

Akira: But...we...planned...ahead.

POV: Narrator

Nino Thinking: It's only me and Itsuki right now, and now he's here!!

Akira: MMM!!! Wow Nino, this is really good!! I swear every time I eat something you make it gets even better. It even has a sweet taste too.

Nino: Ah, you can taste that!

Akira: Of course. Fun fact about me, I'd rather sweet then sour and spicy.

Nino Thinking: I already knew that! Miku was saying that last week!

Nino: I was just trying new things, that's all.

Akira: Well it's good. All the flavors are there.

Nino: Um, thanks.

Akira Thinking: I got it. She just doesn't like silence. Unlike a lot of people, I like silence. I can be in a room with one or two people and be in silence and I don't have the need to talk. She needs to have a conversation going, so as long as it's in a question and I'm not pushy, I should be about to-

Akira: So. . . how have your studies been going?

Nino: Hmm, just fine thank you.

Akira: I bet they are. I'd expect it from the second oldest.

Nino: What is that supposed to mean!

Akira: Ah, I mean I kinda understand what it means to look out for your siblings. I have a sister remember. I refuse to baby her, so she's been maturing rather quickly and is doing well in her classes. I'm very proud in her. Are you proud of your sisters?

Nino: I'm not the oldest you know.

Akira: Yeah but out of 5 I would just think that you look out for them. Just because my sister's younger than me doesn't me she doesn't look out for me.

Nino: Well, what is there TO be proud about?

Akira: I'm not in the right to say anything, but I feel like there's plenty of reasons. Ichika has a job, and still studies. Miku, even though having one strength in History, she is studying on the others subjects to improve on them. Yotsuba is obvious the dumbest here and she's the first one to get to work and lastly Itsuki is getting help from teachers. I haven't know you very long, it's only been a month, but I'm still very proud of them, and they have gained my respect. Then there's you. You work hard by yourself. I didn't ask for help when I started, so the two of us are kinda the same in that way, but I wish I could have had help. But you are constantly doing better time and time again, so I guess you are doing something right.

Nino: Proud, respect. . . I don't need that from someone like you. My sisters and I don't need you or Uesugi-

Akira: Allow, friendship, I don't need that from someone like you. You speak on "behalf" of your sisters, but they actually are the ones that asked for today on Thursday at school, Uesugi just planned the day. Nino, don't misunderstand me, I can give a shit if you study with us, I think you can do just fine yourself, but, just make sure you do the thing that will give you no regrets later ok.

Nino: And studying with you will lead me to having to regrets?

Akira: I don't know. That's why I'm telling you to do what you think is right for your future.

Yotsuba: HEYY!!! WE'RE HOOOOME!!!

Ichika: Oh, Akira, you're here already.

Akira: Yes sorry, hope I'm not bothering you guys by being here.

Miku: No you're ok. We're just surprised that Futaro isn't here with you.

Akira: Pretty sure he's on his way.

Nino: Hmm, whatever, I'm leaving.

The room is quiet as Nino walks out of the apartment.

Ichika: Sorry about that Akira. Did she say something to you?

Akira: Nothing new.

Yotsuba: I wish she's just sit down and studied with us!

Akira: There's no point into forcing it. If we do force her, she'll just do bad. Her grades, even though low, have been growing at a slow rate. That goes for all of yours. Here, I made a chart last night so you guys can see for yourselves your growth.

Akira pulls out a sheet of paper with a pie and bar graph.

Akira Thinking: Having people see their improvement is a good confidence booster. It works amazingly on my sister.

Yotsuba: Aww YEAAA!!! Look at us GO!!

Ichika: Wow we really are improving!

Miku: This is really impressive coming from us.

Yotsuba: You better watch yourself Kira, I'm coming for ya!

Akira: Yeah I highly doubt that.

Akira Thinking: I didn't think my motivation tactic would work THIS good. And just 3 points went up!

Uesugi: I'm here.

Miku: Futaro I'm ready!

Uesugi: Eh, for what exactly?

Ichika: Look, Akira made this for us!

Uesugi: Oh, charts on how you guys are doing. Very good. Nice handwriting coming from you.

Akira: Yeah yeah.

Yotsuba: Oh wow I didn't even know it was handwritten.

Akira: Ok my handwriting isn't that good. I actually spent time making that so of course it would be easy to read.

Uesugi: Well thank you, now, let's get started. This is the last week on American History. Hara, Ichika, you two work together.

Ichika: Ohh isn't this our first one on one?

Akira: I think so. The last two weeks we've been in the group but we were thinking pairs have been working well.

Ichika: Well let's get started.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Akira: Ah, she's asleep. Great. And she wanted to study too.

Akira Thinking: Is it right for me to wake her up? I mean, I know she has a job and all, but I wasn't like this when my job had me. And they're rich, does she even need a job?

He puts his hand on Ichika's shoulder.

Akira: Hey Ichika, I'd let you do your thing but Uesugi would kill me if we didn't do anything so lets at least just go over the material.

Ichika: Mmmm, sorry, I've been tired recently.

Akira: It's ok. Have you been sleeping ok?

Ichika: Yes, I have, but my job has been taking a lot out of me.

Akira: Um, just wondering, what do you do? Stocker, cashier?

Ichika: I'm an actress.

Akira: Heh. . . haha.. . .hahah, you're kidding me right?

Ichika: No, why would I? Do I not look the part to you?

Akira: AH, I didn't mean it like that, it's just, like, acting.

Ichika: You're just jealous.

Akira: Yeah no. I don't want to be in the spotlight.

Ichika: Aww he's shy.

Akira: Sure. Now, starting Monday, this will be the final week of American History. You've been doing good, but there is still more you aren't getting.

Ichika: Mmm what's the point of learning about American History? We don't live there.

Akira: You can say that about any kind of history. "why do I learn Japanese History, I don't live in that time period, I don't need this." But we do. You seem to have trouble with the Presidents.

Ichika: All these dead guys. I don't understand how people like them.

Akira Thinking: Funny enough you said that, your sister Miku would disagree with that statement.

Futaro told Akira about Miku's situation with Japanese Warlords. He was in luck because Akira, for different reasons, also like Warlords.

Akira: They built the nation. Thanks to them, they were able to break free from the British nation. Then General George Washington was elected as the first President of the United States. He was President for 8 years through April 30, 1789 to March 3, 1797.

Ichika: This is so boring.

Akira: Unlike every other subject, Social Studies doesn't have any pictures or any interesting metaphors like science or English. But I think of it that these people gave it their all just so that themselves along with their country can be free. They were put in the histories books for reasons, so I want to just show some respect.

Ichika: I think I understand.

Akira: Think of it like this, you're going to be an actress. All the movies that are out you worked really hard on right? It's your legacy! So wouldn't you want me to show my kids kids your hard work?

Ichika: Yeah I guess.

Akira: And all you really need to do is just remember the information till finals, *whisper* cause you'll never need to know this.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ichika: Ahhhhh I'm tired.

Akira: Good job though. An hour and a half of work non stop. You're doing good.

Ichika: Hm, you really know how to compliment girls huh.

Akira: Not at all. "Doing Good" or "Good Job" is all I say.

Ichika: At least you say that. Unlike someone else.

She looks at Uesugi.

Akira: Yeah that's not his personality. He's kinda clueless to a lot of things.

Ichika: You don't have much room to talk. You yourself are as clueless when it comes to girls.

Akira: I just don't understand why things are classified as things only couples do. Feeding others isn't unnatural. When I'm sick my sister feeds me, and the same goes for her, and we aren't a couple.

Ichika: You didn't get butterflies in your stomach when I fed you?

Akira: No. I was only thankful towards you, no other feeling.

Ichika: Until you knew what it ment.

Akira: You were too you know!

Ichika: Only because you brought it up!

Akira: SAME!!. . . . I just don't understand love. Normal things everyone does is now things only people in relationships can do. It's just mind blowing.

Ichika: You just haven't fallen in love yet. Once you do, you'll start to see all the things you don't now.

Akira: I doubt that.

Uesugi: Are you guys studying?

Ichika: We have been for the past HOUR!!

Akira: I think it's time for a little break.

Yotsuba: Yeah we should!

Miku: I am getting tired.

Uesugi: Fine.

Itsuki: Is Nino home? I'm hungry.

Miku: She's not here at the moment.

Yotsuba: Hey perfect timing, we just finished.

Uesugi: No we are just on break.

Itsuki: Not like I'm interested if they're here.

Akira: Sorry, we aren't done yet.

Miku: Akira, how's your sister doing?

Akira: She's going good actually. Grades have been up too.

Yotsuba: We should do something to get her here again.

Akira: Please don't, she has work at home to do.

Ichika: Now thinking about it, we don't know that much about you Akira.

Akira: Do you need too?

Ichika: It's been what, 2 or 3 weeks right, we should know more about you but we don't.

Miku: She has a point.

Akira: It's not like you need to, we just are-

Yotsuba: OH, I know what we should do!!

Uesugi: This wouldn't be good.

Yotsuba: We can play 2 truths and a lie!

Akira: Is that necessary?

Ichika: No, but it could be fun.

Akira: Fine.

5 minutes later, Yotsuba, Miku, Ichika, Uesugi, and Akira wrote down what they were going to say. Yotsuba goes first.

Yotsuba: Alright!!

Akira: Wait! This isn't very fair. All of you guys know her like the back of your hands!

Ichika: Oh I thought you didn't care.

Akira: Well if I'm playing I'm playing to win, so-

Ichika: It's ok, we'll wait for you guys to answer then we'll tell you.

Uesugi: I guess that makes it somewhat better.

Yotsuba: Can I go now?

Akira: Yeah go ahead.

Yotsuba: OK!! First, my favorite animal is a Camel! Next, m-my Favorite food is Curry, and I have perfect vision!

Akira and Uesugi both just sit there thinking.

Akira: The lie is about the camels. Camels are pretty boring.

Uesugi: Hmm, it would make sense, but I doubt you have perfect vision.

Miku & Ichika: The curry one.

Yotsuba: Hey you guys got it! I guess you do know me!

Uesugi: WHAT! YOU HAVE PERFECT VISION!!

Akira: Camels?

Yotsuba: Yeah I just love them. They have a funny back.

Akira: I mean you're not wrong.

Uesugi: So what is your favorite food then?

Yotsuba: Mandarins!

Akira: Ahhh, eww.

Yotsuba: Mandarins are good!!!

Akira: Eat a real orange!

Miku: I'll go next, but, I think we have somewhat of a problem.

Uesugi: What is it.

Miku: Well, my statements are that my favorite animal is a hedgehog, my favorite food is Matcha, and I like reality tv shows.

Akira: It's the hedgehog, if it was your favorite you would have a pet of one, as simple as that.

Uesugi: It's the reality tv show one.

Ichika: Futaro's right on this one.

Uesugi: I remember you saying you watch documentaries

Akira: WHAT!! HOW DO YOU WATCH DOCUMENTARIES AND STILL BE DUMB

* * *

Akira: Sorry that was mean.

Miku: It's ok.

Ichika: Hehe, I guess it's my turn. My favorite animal is a Cat, my favorite snack is shaved ice, and my favorite thing to do in the morning is to take a jog.

Akira: Wow all of them are so similar.

Uesugi: It's the shaved ice one. In the winter you can't even get it since it's too cold.

Akira: My sister will disagree with that statement Uesugi so I'll say the morning jog one.

Yotsuba: It's the cat, we take jogs together all the time!

Akira: 0 out of 3, I actually failed!

Yotsuba: It's ok, you might get Uesugi!

Right behind them, Itsuki was walking up the stairs. Ichika looks at her and runs up to her.

Ichika: Come on Itsuki, we aren't studying, so play with us.

Itsuki: What, I'm good. I don-

Yotsuba: Yeah come on, you should go next!

Itsuki: I- I don't even know what to say.

Miku: Just use ours really, we all did the same it looks like.

Akira: That's actually kinda scary, me and Uesugi didn't write that stuff. I guess it's just a sister thing.

Ichika: Come on, say an animal, food or snack, and something else.

Itsuki: . . . Fine.

She walk over as the 3 other sisters sit down.

Itsuki: Um, my favorite food is. . . meat i guess. I do yoga and. . . my favorite animal is a rabbit.

Uesugi & Akira: THE RABBIT ONE!!!!

Itsuki: AH HOW DID YOU KNOW!!!

Akira: I know for sure that rabbits are Nino's favorite animal, mostly since she has a phone case shaped one.

Ichika: Wow Akira, that's kinda creepy you know that.

Akira: Oh be quiet!! I'm looking for a case myself so I was seeing what all of you have, that's all.

Itsuki: I thought that it was a good one too.

Miku: It's ok, it was.

Yotsuba: Uesugi, you go next!

Uesugi: Ok. *stands up* Ehm!

Akira: Don't hurt yourself now.

Uesugi: Oh be quiet. Now, I did that my favorite meal is Curry Udon, I've had multiple jobs before this, and that I have a ring on my right ring finger.

He says that and everyone went to look at his hand, but it was behind his back.

Akira Thinking: Haha, nice, throwing in a trick, present time item instead of a favorite thing. Nice trick, but I know you don't own a ring. If you did, you'd immediately sell it.

Ichika Thinking: Crap, I wasn't expecting this kind of question! I wasn't even with him today so I wouldn't even know!

Miku Thinking: I was next to him, I should know if he had one or not!

Yotsuba Thinking: Wonder how he got one, a prize maybe?

Itsuki Thinking: That's the lie. He wouldn't own something like that. If he did, I have a feeling he would give it to his sister or something like that.

Uesugi: What is it?

Ichika: It's the multiple jobs one.

Miku: The Curry Udon one.

Yotsuba: Jobs, you can't carry anything!

Uesugi: You didn't need that last part.

Itsuki: It's the last one. The one with the ring.

Akira: You don't have a ring.

Uesugi moves his hand in front of him, showing that he doesn't have a ring.

Yotsuba: NOOO I GOT IT WRONG!!!

Ichika: Man, I thought I had it too.

Miku: I should have known.

Akira: I'm surprised that you got it Itsuki.

Itsuki: It. . . was a lucky guess.

Akira: Well I'm up.

He gets up as Uesugi sits down.

Akira: Ok, First, I played one year of basketball, I get 100's on all my test, and my favorite animal is a tiger. I guess we did have a similar one.

Yotsuba: It's the basketball one, you get tired quicker than Uesugi!

Akira: We have the same stamina.

Ichika & Miku: The tiger one.

Itsuki & Uesugi: The test one.

Akira: Itsuki and Uesugi are right, I don't get 100's on all my test like someone here.

Yotsuba: Really?!?!

*Quintuplet Special goes here*

Akira: I get 95 most the time.

Yotsuba: Oh I was expecting something different.

Akira: Mmm, Ki-

*ring ring, ring ring*

Akira: Sorry, that's me. Be right back.

Uesugi: Mine is too.

***

Akira: Hello?

Kina: Brother!

Akira: Ah, Kina, what's wrong.

Kina: Nothing actually! Mom got a bonus paycheck with a coworker so they invited us to go out to dinner!

Akira: Oh, really, that's great. When is it?

Kina: Today! Can you come home or do you have to study with those girls today?

Akira: Um, I think I can leave, nothing's holding me here. Plus I can't skip out on a nice dinner.

Kina: Ok, I'll get nice clothes for you ready for you!

Akira: Wow, this place must be really fancy. I'll be there.

Kina: Ok, walk home safe, love you!

Akira: Love you too, bye.

***

Akira: Hey, sorry guys but I have to be leaving.

Uesugi: You too? I got a call to go home too.

Akira: Hey, great timing huh.

Yotsuba: Well cya.

Akira: Hang on I need my stuff still.

He walks over to the table and she follows him, helping him put his things away.

Yotsuba: Are you coming tomorrow?

Akira: No we'll probably see each other Monday and do a session later that day.

Yotsuba: Oh, ok.

Akira: Um, is something wrong?

Yotsuba: Oh, No, it's nothing really.

Akira: Did you want to continue today?

Yotsuba: Well, kind of. I just want to squeeze in as much as I can!

Akira: That's good and all, but don't worry to much. I think you can take a break once in awhile. Overworking yourself isn't going to help you. That's why Uesugi let us play the game today. He understands what it's like to get started because he remembers when he started studying and the struggles.

Yotsuba: I know, but I'm really behind everyone, I don't think I can reach them anymore.

Akira: Wow, you're really worked up about this. How about this, tomorrow, text me and we can meet up at a library or cafe somewhere and we can work something if you really want too.

Yotsuba: Really?

Akira: Yea sure. We have each others numbers, mind as well use it. Plus, we're partners right, it's what they do.

Uesugi: Hara, you coming?

Akira: Yeah we can go. Cya later I guess.

And like that, the two guys leave. They get to the elevator and it opens to reveal Nino.

Nino: Looks like you two are leaving, perfect time to get back.

Without saying anything, the guys get in the elevator. Nino looks back at them as the door closes.

Nino Thinking: Was there a fight or something?

***

The two guys walk down the street, just making small talk, till they start talking about the girls.

Akira: Nino seems to be changing slowly.

Uesugi; I can't say I see the same.

Akira: I don't know, we were having a conversation this morning. I don't know why but it seems like it to me.

Uesugi: Maybe she's paying you back from two weeks ago.

Akira: It could be, I didn't think of that.

Uesugi: Miku has been doing good in Social Studies, but slowly improving on the rest.

Akira: Ichika really hates Social Studies.

Uesugi: Yes she does.

Akira: What about Yotsuba?

Uesugi: Yotsuba Yotsuba Yotsuba, to be honest, I'm most fearful for her. Her grades are bad and she can't seem to get good ones.

Akira: Hmm, I saw her papers, but I thought she'd be doing better. I told her she can text me if she needs help with a study tomorrow. It seems like she wants to do good, so that's good.

Uesugi: It is. We just got to get the rest to want to do good.

Akira: Who knows how long that will be.

Uesugi: It probably won't be till a lo- ah, Raiha!

Raiha: Oh hey Big Brother!

Akira: Hey Raiha, you coming over to see Akina?

Raiha: No Dad told me to go here. He wanted me to tell you to stay here Uesugi.

Akira: Hmm, well my sister told me we were actually going out to eat today.

Raiha: That's what dad told me.

Akira: Wait, does that mean-

Mrs. Hara: That's right,

Mr. Uesugi: We're partners now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quintuplet Special

Yotsuba: Really?!?!

Akira: Yeah is that really that hard to believe?

Yotsuba: Yeah I mean, you help us. What's the lowest score you've gotten.

Akira: Ah, a zero.

Itsuki: And you help us! Are you sure you can teach us!

Akira: YES I CAN!! I mean, that was when I didn't study! Now I do and get 90's!!

Itsuki: That's not very believable.

Yotsuba: It's ok Kira, we both can be Zero Buddies!

Akira: Ah, ah, Killer Queen, Daisan No Bakudan, Bites Za Dusto!! *Click*

$%#^$!^$$&_)!#(**(&((Q#&*%

Yotsuba: Really?!?!

Akira: I get 95 most the time.

*read on*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.6K 1.6K 46
One day, one memory. Her first love, his mission. Tokugawa Daisuke had a memorable encounter with a girl that changed his life forever. Two years...
59.8K 1.6K 25
People see me and think they're safer. But it's not really me they're seeing. Probably for the best... knowing everything hinges on a guy from an old...
653 22 4
Fuutarou Uesugi, in the original timeline, a man with a little sister and his father, teaching the Quintuplets. But in this timeline, Fuutarou has an...