An Unexpected Change

By emzie123

Teri a girl from England has 2 weeks to pack up her things because she is leaving to go and live in America... More

My new life 1
My new life... 2
My new life :) 3
My new life! 4
My new life 5
My new life 6
my new life 7
My new life 8
My new life 9
My new life 10
My new life 11
My new life 12
My new life 14
My new life 15
My new life 16
My new life 17
my new life 18
My new life 19
My new life 20
My new life 21
my new life 22
my new life 23
My new life 24
an unexpected change 25
An unexpected change 26
An Unexpected Change part 27
An unexpected change 28
An Unexpected change 29
An unexpected change 30
An Unexpected change 31
An Unexpected Change 32
An Unexpected Change 33
An Unexpected Change 34
An Unexpected Change 35
An Unexpected Change 36
An Unexpected Change 37
An Unexpected Change 38
An Unexpected Change 39
An Unexpected Change 40
An Unexpected Change 41
An Unexpected Change 42
An Unexpected Change 43
An Unexpected Change 44
An Unexpected Change 45
An Unexpected Change 46
An Unexpected Change 47
An Unexpected Change 48
An Unexpected Change 49
An Unexpected Change 50
An Unexpected Change 51
An Unexpected Change 52
An Unexpected Change 53
An Unexpected Change 54
An Unexpected Change 55
SEQUEL!!!!!

My new life 13

11.5K 137 15
By emzie123

Part 13 unlucky for some but hopefully not for me!!

~~~~~~

Arriving at the airport and outside it was tipping it down. "Nice to be home" I mumbled sarcastically. I made my way to the train station and bought a ticket to my hometown. The place I grew up and became the person I am today.

The train ride took forever and all I did was listen to my iPod which was on full blast listening to the lyrics trying to forget about my own sad life.

As soon as I arrived at the station I walked to my nan's house. As soon as I opened the door she tackled me into a hug. It was so nice to see her and to have someone hug me and care about me. She dragged me inside an within 10 minuets she laid out a hug pile of mash potatoes and meat in front of me. My mood seemed to get much better as time went on.

After dinner I decided to ring my best friend and meet up. It had been so long since I had talked to a girl. My meeting with Scotts friends didn't go well since we ended up being locked in a cupboard scared for our lives.

I dialled Rachels number and let it ring and ring and ring and ring. Finally she picked up.

"Hi" it was great to talk to her.

"Hi Rach I'm back in England do you want to-"

"Never talk to me again traitor." Then she put the phone down. I dropped my phone and froze in shock. My best friend hates me. The person I spent my first sleepover with, the person I talked to when I was upset, the person who I called randomly for no reason even though I saw her 30 minuets before.

I called all of my other friends and I got the same reply from all of them. I was now a traitor. A tear trickled down my cheek. I couldn't stop it I felt so alone there was nothing left for me in America or England. I had made a decision there and then once I have finished my exams I am out of here. Start again all on my own. I don't need anyone.

My nan knocked on my door and I wiped away my tears leaving no trace of them. The last thing I wanted was my nan worrying about me. I put on a fake smile.

"Come in" I called

"I was wondering what day is your prom? I didn't know if you wanted to go shopping with me."

"I don't think I am going to go." I told her honestly.

"No I don't mind that you don't want to go with me. No need to pretend your not going." She forced a smile on her face. It broke my heart. I wanted to make her happy but going to prom with a room full of people hating me really doesn't appeal to me.

Make my nan sad or myself. My decision was easy. "Nan I was unsure about going because I am not really comfortable in a dress." Not a lie but not the reason I don't want to go.

"You would look really good in a dress no need to worry about it." She reassured me.

"Ok I will go to the prom if you help me pick a dress."

Her face lifted she seemed so excited.

"You can have a lie in tomorrow because you must be tired so how about the day afterwards we can go on the train to Birmingham."

"Yer sure I haven't got exams for 2 weeks so I will just be studying until then."

"Do you want a cup of tea?" Such a typical thing for an English nan to say. They always make cups of tea when they can't think of anything else. I smile at her.

"Sure"

For the rest of the night I forgot all of my troubles by watching TV , drinking tea and talking to my nan. These simple things I missed when I was in America.

I went to bed pretty early. I was shattered from my flight and jet lag was kicking in. I put on my recordings of my revision and let them play as I drifted to sleep. It was always my favourite method of revising because you never had to do anything, your subconscious remembers it all for you.

I woke up to the smell of bacon. Oh I do love my nan! I rolled out of bed and changed. I grabbed my wash bag and walked to the bathroom. One disadvantage is that there is only one bathroom. By the time I came out my bacon sandwich was ready.

I spent the whole day in my room revising. It was quite late when my phone went off. I picked it up excitedly without checking caller ID. Bad decision.

"Teri-"

"Scott don't."

"Please just listen to me."

"I can't! I told you, no more heart break. I had to go I have to go to bed so I can go prom dress shopping with my nan. Bye" I didn't even wait for an answer before I put my phone down and turned it off. I threw my revision book on the side. There was absolutely no point trying to study now that Scott was back on my mind. A part of me deep deep inside me says that it is a bad idea to forget him but he deserves so much better than me. I'm just a waste of space. I cried myself to sleep that night the same as the night before. I had forgotten how it felt to have a whole heart. How it feels to properly smile without faking it. How it feels to laugh. So many thoughts swam around in my mind.

I didn't sleep much that night an morning soon came around meaning only one thing. I have to buy a dress to a prom I don't want to go to. Oh let the fun roll on! Note the heavy sarcasm!

It was worse than I thought. My nan tried to push me into fancy shops where the dresses were £300. There was no way on Gods earth I was spending that much on a dress that I would only wear once.

Crossing the city we came across the rag market and I begged my nan to go inside. Walking around it was like my own personal heaven. So many beautiful colours like a rainbow. So many whimsy things to catch your eye. I stopped at a stall with a beautiful red silk hanging up. I bought it I just had a brain wave. I would make my own dress. As we progressed through the market I picked up small jewels and an underskirt to make my dress stick out and puffy.

Once I arrived back at my nan's I laid out what I had bought. It was a lot cheaper than every dress we had seen and it would look so much better. I had always wanted to be a fashion designer and now I had the chance. Mid way through my thoughts I heard a knock.

"Yes" I called.

"I want you to have my sewing machine." I was about to refuse but she cut me off. "Before you refuse please take it. I never used it and it would mean so much to me if you would take it and use it."

"Sure nan thanks." I sighed in defeat.

I decided to draw my dress first. The material was perfect so I settled on a knee length strapless design.

** a month later**

My dress took a month to complete. Once I had finished it looked amazing. It took me longer than I had first thought because all of my exams interfered with them. I had my last day tomorrow which was weird since I haven't been to school in about 2 months. I had to wear my uniform everyday I wen into school and tomorrow was the last day. I was so excited to finally be free.

As I walked through the school gates for the start of the day my stomach tied into a tight knot. I haven't seen everyone since I left to go to America. On the days of my exams I just turned up to the exam and then went back to nan's, there was no need to talk to anyone. Now though I had a whole 6 and a half hours of hell. Oh I was so dead.

I decided to pretend like everything was normal. "Hi" I said with a big grin on my face just praying someone would answer me. No such hope.

"Bitch" I heard someone whisper. Oh it is on!

"Oi you. You got something to say? Say it to my face you coward." I yelled. Everyone turned to stare. I didn't care anymore. I was not a pushover ever since the whole Dan thing I was never going to let anyone make me feel bad about myself and I also seemed to develop anger issues that I was quite good at controlling but occasionally I went mental. This was that occasion.

My best friend walked up to me. "Bitch!" she yelled in my face.

"Me the bitch? You are the cow that wont talk to me just because I was forced to move to America. I listen to you winning for years and this is what I get. You sad fickle immature moron!" I yelled back at her.

I walked off keeping my dignity intact. I want to registration a lot earlier than normal and sat talking to my form tutor. That's also how I spent break and lunch. Talking to a teacher. How sad have I become!

I walked to last lesson so glad that I could go to my nan's. I really had an urge for tea. I seem to drink it when I am sad which is a lot recently. Someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned and saw Spencer. He was a good laugh and always made our electronics class hilarious and stopped me from going insane in many other lessons.

"Hi Teri."

"Err hi"

"Do you want to go to the prom with me?" I froze in shock.

"I'm sorry but-"

"your not interested." he finished my sentence. Now I feel really bad.

"How about as just friends?" I asked.

"Sure" then he walked off.

The whole night I was in a bit of a trance. Wow he asked me to go with him. But I wasn't going to let anyone in. I had a couple of days until prom.

Those days passed quite quickly and the day soon arrived. I slipped into my dress that fit like a glove. Well of course it did I made it fit me perfectly. I applied a light amount of make up and tied my hair up in a bun with dangly earrings.

Sitting on the train to school made me feel like a bit of a numpty. I have to admit that I was not as nervous as I was because I had Spencer to help me through it.

Once I had arrived it was already almost full and the music was blaring. I looked through the crowd to find Spencer but I couldn't see him. I went and sat down in the corner. I sat there for half an hour and I decided to leave. I was just about to leave when Spencer appeared.

"May I have this dance?" he stretched his and out towards me.

"Of course" I replied.

He pulled me into the middle of the dance floor with a huge smile on his face. I couldn't help but smile back.

The next thing I know I feel a chill down my back and I am soaked. Water dripped from my hair and eyes. Spencer was laughing and I looked up and Rachel was stood there laughing with a bucket in her hand. The entire room was laughing at me. Tears formed in my eyes trying to leak out but I refused to let them.

I fled from the hall outside the front door and cried I reached into my handbag fumbling for my phone to call a taxi when I heard a car door slam.

"Teri?"

I spun around on my heels.

Oh My God!...

~~~~~

Cliffhanger!! Nothing like an unsloved mystery to keep you awake at night! :D you know the drill please comment vote and fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 84 21
A young girl named Anne had something horrible happen to her family so she spends a year living on the streets of England in 1886 she decides to leav...
577 53 25
See what happens to Belinda when she goes to high school aka the challenge house when she meets a friend but is that friend really a friend but will...
569K 13.7K 74
Casey Manning likes to run away from her problems. That's why she moved all the way to New York when her dad died. Now, returning back home to finish...
70.2K 1.1K 21
Lily Pearson was rejected by her mate. Bullied by her pack. And the most hated person in her whole school. So Lily decides that she's had enough from...