To Heal a Broken Heart (Seque...

By MintSpice_

Hana Uzumaki's life has taken a big turn in her years as a teenager. After all of the tragic events that happ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Note
Final Story Out

Chapter 29

453 21 5
By MintSpice_

Guy and I were practically sprinting to make it there. 

"You're sure they went to Otafuku town?" He asked.

"Yes, I was with Jiraiya earlier and that's what he told me," I replied. 

I realized I remembered a shortcut to get there. I had to catch a petty thief a long time ago back there and he knew how to cover his tracks, so I had to learn a shortcut. I started taking the shortcut, ignoring Guy calling my name.

The only thing on my mind right now was making sure I get there before they do. 

I had to ask around town if anyone has seen a boy wearing orange, or an old man with bushy white hair. No one knew so far, but then this old lady at a shop told me that she saw them at the Inn. I thanked her and rushed off to that Inn.

I ran up the stairs and panted slightly when I entered the hallway. I already saw Itachi and Sasuke looked like he just got here.

"It's been a long time...Sasuke," Itachi spoke. "And Hana,"

I didn't know Itachi very well, but he knew that Naruto is my cousin. He knew the whole story already. I looked over at Naruto, seeing that he was in front of Kisame. I recognized him from the last time I countered him in the past. He gave me a scar the last time I encountered him. It wasn't hard to remember those distinct features he had. 

Sasuke glanced over at me, but then continued to stare hatefully at his older brother.

"Itachi Uchiha," Sasuke growled.

Naruto stared at Sasuke with shock, then glanced over at Itachi.

"Itachi, I already know what you're doing and I won't let you kill either of these two," I said to him, walking up to them.

Kisame put his sword in front of me to stop me. I looked at him.

"I don't know if you remember me or not, but I still need to give you payback from the time we last encountered," I said.

Kisame snorted. "Yeah, I don't remember you, but go ahead and try. I'd love to cut you up into ribbons,"

Kisame then turned to Itachi. "He looks an awful lot like you, Itachi. Who is this kid?"

"He's my younger brother," Itachi replied. 

"That's strange," Kisame replied. "Cause the way I heard it, the whole Uchiha clan was wiped out by you,"

"Itachi Uchiha," Sasuke hissed. "I hope you're ready to die!"

"Sasuke, stop!" I shouted. "Don't rush into things!"

I attempted to move past Kisame, but he held his sword in front of me to keep me from moving. I'm going to have to fight him. Now I knew how everyone felt back then when I would just rush into a situation without thinking.

Sasuke ignored me. "It's just as you said brother. I've fostered my hatred for you all this time. I've lived my life for one single purpose - to see you DIE. IT ENDS HERE!"

He gathered all his chakra into his left hand and I recognized that as Kakashi's attack, which was the Chidori. It was the first technique he came up with.

The sound resembling chirping birds echoed through the hallway and Sasuke ran towards Itachi. I had to get over there.

"Kisame move right now," I demanded, glaring at him. 

"Sorry woman, this is family business. We shouldn't get involved," He replied with snark.

I watched helplessly as Sasuke attempted to hit Itachi with the Chidori. Itachi caught his wrist in the blink of an eye and made the attack connect with the wall, causing it to blow up. I had no choice but to try and stop Kisame now so he can get out of my way. 

Naruto also had the same idea. Red chakra surrounded him and Kisame noticed immediately. 

"Heh, the air is ripe with chakra," He remarked. "This must be it. The power of the Nine-Tails,"

I suddenly heard a sickening crack of bones breaking. I looked over, hearing Sasuke scream in pain. My heart pounded. Naruto was starting to grow angry.

"Alright, that's it!" Naruto shouted, biting a hole into his thumb. "Ninja Art: Summoning-!"

"Too slow!" Kisame said, and swung his sword over Naruto's head, making the red chakra disappear. 

Naruto was shocked. "Come on, come on! What the hell is going on?!"

He attempted to channel more chakra, but Kisame's sword was devouring his chakra. Everyone knew that his sword did that. He explained it to Naruto and as he was, I used that opportunity to form a Rasengan in my hand. 

Kisame raised his sword upwards, then swung it downwards towards Naruto. 

"Rasengan!" I shouted, blocking his attack. 

His sword started devouring my chakra, but it was enough for me to push Naruto out of the way. 

"Kisame, I told you once and I won't tell you again. Get the hell out of my way!" I shouted. I pulled a kunai out and quickly lunged for his side. I managed to knick his arm. I had to use my ninjutsu carefully here since he devours it. 

Kisame laughed. "You think that'll stop me, girl?"

He swung his sword in my direction and I dodged, moving so Naruto wouldn't get in the crossfire. 

"Ninjutsu won't work on me," He laughed, continuing to swing his blade at me. 

Damn, if only my taijutsu was as strong as Guy's. 

I formed a water clone and Kisame hit my water clone. I was suddenly behind him and I slashed him in the back with my kunai, kicking him forward. He stumbled and I attempted to land another hit on him, but he was able to move faster.  He raised his sword he called "Samehada" and swung it towards me.

"Hana!" Naruto shouted with worry, trying to recharge his red chakra.

As the sword was coming towards me, it was suddenly stopped by a human-sized orange toad wearing armor. Then there was a puff of smoke behind Naruto and it was Jiraiya, holding a woman over his shoulder who appeared to be passed out.

I sighed with relief. 

"You two don't know me at all, do you?" Jiraiya asked, with a cocky smirk on his face. "You should've done your homework. Jiraiya the Toad Sage falls victim to no woman's charm; real beauty drops for me, like blossoms in a storm! It isn't in my nature to be duped by the wiles of a woman! When you've reached the stature I have, THE LADIES KNEEL AND WORSHIP AT YOUR AWESOMENESS!"

He struck a pose after that. 

"Oh, don't give me that!" Naruto shouted at him, pointing an accusing finger at him. "One wink from a pretty girl and you turn into a mountain of mush! You fell for it like a ton of bricks, Pervy Sage!"

Jiraiya laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I really wish you wouldn't call me that in front of other people..."

"Are you kidding me?!" Naruto shouted. "We've got worse things to worry about than what these guys think of you! Get working, Pervy Sage!"

"DIDN'T I JUST TELL YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT?!" Jiraiya shouted back at him.

I sighed at the banter.

"He's right y'know, I may have to start calling you that old nickname I gave you," I said. 

"I'd really prefer if you didn't," Jiraiya said to me. 

Kisame chuckled, bringing our attention back to them. "Whatever name you go by, Master Jiraiya, I must say you're something of a disappointment,"

I looked back at Kisame, narrowing my eyes.

"A lecherous old man with the disposition of a child? It's almost impossible to believe you're one of the three legendary sannin," Kisame finished.

Naruto stared at Jiraiya with shock, then looked back at Kisame. "You already know who he is?" 

"Uh, don't be fooled by appearances, or you know, anything this little squirt might say. Or what the other squirt says, Jiraiya laughed good-naturedly. 

I rolled my eyes when he referred to me as "the other squirt". He still likes making short jokes I see. 

Kisame shifted his gaze towards the woman that was unconscious on Jiraiya's shoulder. "So, you've managed to release the Genjutsu we cast on her, eh?"

A frown appeared on Jiraiya's face and he turned serious. "What kind of coward would do something like that? He put her down on the floor gently against the wall. "Using his Sharingan to inflict an illusion on an innocent woman, all in order to separate Naruto from me,"

He glared at both Kisame and Itachi. "I know that he's the one you're really after."

Itachi finally spoke. "Now I understand. He learned it from you. You were right, Naruto is the prize the Akatsuki are after, and we will have him."

I stood up and the toad disappeared. I stood next to Jiraiya now. 

"There's no way you're getting Naruto," I stated.

"We'll see about that."

Jiraiya smirked. "Actually, this is all very convenient. I can eliminate you both at the same time,"

I was going to start forming chakra into my hand to use a water release, but Sasuke cut me off.

"Stay out of this!"

He stood up, clearly exhausted. His left arm hung limply at his side. "The only one who's going to eliminate him is me!"

"Go away," Itachi stated coldly. "You don't interest me at the moment,"

"WELL GET INTERESTED!"

Sasuke tried throwing a right punch, but Itachi countered it by kicking him in the stomach, which sent him flying backward. He collided with a wall and I felt helpless seeing this. I needed to get to Itachi. I started running over there and Kisame was trying to get in my way, again.

"Damn...you lousy-!" Naruto growled, running with me towards Itachi. 

"No, guys!" Sasuke shouted at us. "Don't butt in, mind your own business!"

I rolled my eyes at his attitude. Okay, now I don't know who was worse. Younger me, or Sasuke. 

"I told you before. I've lived my whole life for this day, for this moment," He glared intently at Itachi. "THIS FIGHT IS MINE!"

He ran towards Itachi again, attempting to strike him with his good arm, but Itachi countered it again and Sasuke was sent flying towards the wall. 

"So be it," Itachi said.

Jiraiya and I knew what he was going to do. 

The both of us tried to go past Kisame, but of course, he blocked me again with his sword. Kisame is starting to get on my nerves with that. Maybe Jiraiya can help me take him down and then we can go over there.

"You heard him, this fight is none of our business. Let the two of them sort this out," Kisame smirked at us.

Itachi slowly walked up to Sasuke. Once he was close enough, Sasuke tried to attack, but Itachi quickly punched him in the stomach, causing him to cough up blood. He used his same arm to slam his elbow into the back of Sasuke's head, which was followed by a left knee to the chin, and then another punch in the stomach, knocking him down.

Itachi picked him up by the collar and pressed him against the wall. I knew Itachi was using his genjutsu on him because Sasuke started screaming. I hated feeling this helpless. 

"Isn't that heartwarming?" Kisame asked sarcastically. "Using Tsukuyomi on his own brother,"

Naruto had enough, as did I. Sasuke's body went limp.

"That's it! I'm through standing around!"

He rushed towards Sasuke, with Kisame following him. I chased after Kisame so he couldn't get to Naruto and suddenly, the entire hallway was covered in meat. I looked around and turned to face Jiraiya, who had his hands pressed to the floor.

"Ninja Art: Toad Mouth trap!" 

Sasuke safely stuck to the wall, which was a relief to see. Kisame's feet and sword kept getting stuck to the ground. 

"You've both have been swallowed by the Mountain Toad!" Jiraiya smirked. "Welcome, my friends, to the belly of the beast! He has a very sensitive digestive tract so be careful not to upset him. Not the most glorious way to die, is it? It must be humbling to know that you've been reduced to toad bait,"

"Ugh, gross!" Naruto exclaimed, trying to get his foot free from the ground.

"Just stay still Naruto," Jiraiya said. "Remain calm and trust in my jutsu,"

"Kisame, come," Itachi ordered.

"Easier said than done," Kisame grunted in response, ripping his sword and feet free. 

They both started running down the hallway.

"It's useless!" Jiraiya shouted. "There hasn't been a ninja born who can survive this powerful stomach!"

They continued to run and they were now out of sight. We heard an explosion, I exchanged glances with Naruto and Jiraiya, then we decided to go check it out. I picked up Sasuke in the process and ran down the hallway with them.

There were black flames everywhere and a huge hole in the walls. Jiraiya started sealing the flames and I placed Sasuke on the ground to check on him. His eyes were wide open, so he must've still been under that genjutsu. Poor kid. 

I checked for a pulse, which was still there. 

Naruto started reaching towards the black flames. 

"Don't touch it!" I shouted at him, causing him to retract his hand back.

The flesh started disappearing after Jiraiya dealt with the fire. I lifted Sasuke back up and we were about to leave.

"DYNAMIC ENTRY!"

Suddenly Guy appeared out of nowhere and planted his foot directly into Jiraiya's face.

I covered my mouth to cover a laugh. I failed to cover that laugh when Guy's face paled after realizing he didn't kick an enemy. 

Jiraiya sat back up and glared at him. 

"Uh...I guess I was a bit over-enthusiastic," Guy sheepishly laughed, rubbing the back of his head. "You see, I was trying to hurry and I couldn't see very clearly. Using my headband to peer into the opening, all I could see were two sinister figures,"

Jiraiya was still angry about it and gave me a look telling me to stop laughing. 

"You know what?" He stood up. "If this is your way of saying sorry, it stinks!"

"I'm sorry, but it was just a simple misunderstanding," Guy replied.

"'Simple-minded' is more like it, but never mind that now. We've got to get Sasuke to the hospital at once," Jiraiya turned to look at Sasuke. "He's badly beaten up. His arm is broken and he's been knocked out by whatever jutsu it was that Itachi used on him,"

"Sasuke will be alright, won't he?" I asked. 

"Physically yes," Jiraiya nodded. "But I'm worried about what may have done to his mind,"

Naruto was shaking with anger.

"Okay Pervy Sage," He clenched his fists. "It's time for a new game plan, starting right now. I admit, I let those goons scare me a little, but that's it. No more running. After all, it's me they're after, right?"

He made direct eye contact with Jiraiya when he said that.

"Well, okay then! It's time I give them what they want!"

Jiraiya just scoffed. "Nice speech kid, but I'm afraid you won't stand a chance against them. You're not in the same league as them. What would've happened if I hadn't shown up, huh? It took all I had to get them away from you,"

Naruto was clearly unhappy hearing this. "Is that right? So are you suggesting we just do nothing, sitting here waiting for them to hit us again? What kind of strategy is that?!"

"Just be quiet!" Jiraiya snapped at him. "You haven't earned the right!"

It was quiet with tension now and I spoke up, quietly.

"Naruto, you need to listen to him. You don't know what they're capable of. Itachi and Kisame are both dangerous criminals in the bingo book, you wouldn't stand a chance against them right now," 

Naruto stayed silent.

"That is obviously the same jutsu he hit Kakashi with," Guy thought out loud. "What we need is a supreme medical specialist, a master of healing arts, and soon,"

Jiraiya nodded. "You're right, and the woman you're talking about is the one we've come to find,"

I gave Jiraiya a knowing look. 

He's right. We need her to heal Sasuke. 

Guy was confused, but then he got it. His eyes widened.

"You don't mean..."

Jiraiya smirked at him.

"Yes, that's who exactly I mean," He chuckled. "Another of the legendary sannin, the queen of slugs and elixirs...I am talking about none other than the gambling fool and mistress of the healing arts: Lady Tsunade!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 8.2K 30
Obito Uchiha Story ❤️ Mizuki isn't the type to get interested in anything. She's always worried about herself, and only her. But when she meets the...
93.6K 3K 45
[THIS STORY IS NOT PART OF A LETHAL WEAPON SAGA] It had been almost five years since Hanako left the Village, but now―after finally mastering Essence...
34.1K 1.7K 56
Tsukki falls for his chaotic Black friend. That's it. Okay real summary: Kanai Athena came to Japan when she was in middle school. After transferring...
657K 15.1K 81
~Part One~ (Sequel to becoming a ninja) Yuki is back and stronger than ever! She has spent the last two years and a half training nonstop. That kind...