And Then There Was You (Chris...

By belleofmarvel

In this AU Chris Evans joins us as a firefighter/paramedic. Daphne is a kindergarten teacher and the only da... More

August 10 6:00 am
August 10 Sunrise
August 10 Afternoon
August 15
September 3 Kickoff
September 3 Halftime
September 4
September 10 Community Helpers
September 10 It's been a long week
September 11 Brunch
September 20
September 20 Dinner
September 24 It's About Time
October 4 Game Night
October 8 Homecoming
November 1 North East Florida Fair
November: Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 1
November Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 2
November Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 3
A/N and Question
November: Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 4
November Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 5
December Part 1
December Part 2
December Part 3
December: Christmas Break Part 1
December: Christmas Break Part 2
December: Christmas Break Part 3
December Christmas Day Part 1
December Christmas Day Part 2
December Christmas Day Part 3
January 3
January 3 Part 2
January 4 The Trip Home
January: Plans, Plans and More Plans
February: Taking Charge
February Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day Part 2
February: Decisions
February: Decisions Part 2
March: BreakthroughοΏΌ
March: One Last Hurrah
March: Too Far?
April: Surprise!
April: A Step to Forever
Rehearsal Day Part 1
Rehearsal Day Part 2
Wedding Day Part 1
Wedding Day Part 2
Wedding Day Part 3
Honeymoon Part 1
Honeymoon Part 2
Honeymoon Part 3
Honeymoon Part 4
Honeymoon Day 4 At Sea
Honeymoon Kahului Hawaii
Honeymoon: Honolulu
Honeymoon: Happy Birthday?
Honeymoon: Island Time
Honeymoon: The Last Leg
Welcome Home
Back to Reality
May: Play Ball
May: Moving Out or Moving In?
May: Father Figure
June: Double Date
June: Baby Love
June: Thirty Four Part One
June: Thirty Four Part Two
July: The Big Bang
July: Wobble Baby Wobble
July: When it Rains
August: Back At It
September
September Get Away
Every New Beginning UPDATE
October
October: Mood Swings
October: Baby Day
October: Baby Day Part 2
November Part 1
November: Vacation
UPDATE
November: Vacation Part 2
November: Vacation Part 3
November: Vacation Part 4
November Vacation Part 5
November Vacation Part 6
November Vacation Part 7
December Part 1
December Part 2
December: Maybe Baby?
Not Exactly an Update
January: Cheers to a New Year
February: It's a ...
March
April: Anniversary Wish
Wow. (Not an update)
Sorry!
May (Part 1)
May (Part 2)
May (Part 3)
May (Part 4)
May (Part 5)
Apology
June (Part 1)
June Part 2
A/N ~5/31/22
Recommendations?οΏΌ
A/N
June (Part 3)
What if...
June (Part 4)
June (Part 5)
June (Part 6)
June (4 Years Later)
Author's Note
!!NEW!!
New New New!
One Shot

Honeymoon: Captain's Dinner

562 31 13
By belleofmarvel

   After the disruption to their afternoon Daphne finally treated herself to a long soak in the tub. Her tired muscles ached, along with her heart. She's still mildly upset about the disagreement she had with Chris but is doing her best to push it aside.

Daphne knew marriage wasn't all sunshine and roses but she did expect to get through their honeymoon without yelling at one another. She can count the number of times she's seen him angry and it's definitely less than a handful. But each of those times was because of how she'd been treated. She hadn't seen him get upset like this over another female and she's be lying if she said it didn't bother her. But it didn't just bother her, it was beginning to consume her with worry.

As she lays back in the tub she lets her mind wander. Has he lost interest already? She's finally given herself fully to him. Maybe it's just not good enough. Maybe she doesn't measure up to what he's had before so he wants to keep looking. She's pulled from her toxic thoughts by a knock on the bathroom door.

"Hey beautiful. Thought you might like a Coke, heavy ice, just the way you like it," Chris says as he walks in carrying a glass over to the tub.

"Thanks," she says taking the glass from him.

Chris can see the sadness behind Daphne's eyes, knowing he's the cause of it. He sits down on the floor next to the tub. "I'm not going to say anything to Jessica. You're right. It's not my place."

Daphne let's out a breath that she knew in fact she'd been holding in for most of the afternoon. "I think that's best," she tells him. "You have a very protective nature, which I love, but I'd feel more comfortable if you didn't shower it on random women."

  He nods his head in understanding. "I never meant for it to come across like I was choosing her. I just struggle with liars. But in a week we won't see them again. Their relationship is their business. You, Daphne, are my business and that's all that matters."

  Daphne hums a light sigh feeling like 'her' Chris is finally back. "Well then, why don't you join me and take care of your business," she offers cheekily.

  Chris stands up, kicks off his shoes and climbs in the tub fully clothed sending Daphne into a fit of laughter. He pulls her back to his chest and showers her in sloppy kisses as she tries to catch her breath, water spilling over the side to flood the floor.

~~~
Daphne's POV

  "Babe, if you don't hurry we won't get there early enough to choose our seats at the table," Chris calls out to me from the bedroom.

  "Perfection takes time, Evans," I say as I put on my lipstick. Giving myself approval with one last look in the mirror I decide 'it is what it is' and walk out.

  Chris has his back to the bathroom door as he says, "you're perfect in anything, love, but we need to go."  He hasn't realized I'm sitting on the bed tightening the ankle strap to my heel. He turns, seeing me fumbling with the strap and let's out a catcall whistle.

  I'm wearing a rust colored strapless dress that hugs my God given curves. A slit runs on one side just above my knee almost to mid thigh with a small ruffle along the slit. Classy and sassy as Rene said when she found it.

Chris takes my hand, urging me from the bed. He carefully twirls me around for his eyes to take me in. That familiar groan of his telling me how much he likes it. "Who says we need to go to dinner?" He says pulling me closer to him.

"Come on now. You promised me a night of dancing," I remind him as I gently push him towards the door.

He turns around grabbing me somewhat roughly. "Who says the dancing has to be vertical?" Those dang eyebrows of his getting a work out again. He crushes his lips to mine and steals my breath and makes my knees weak. As he pulls back I take my finger and wipe the lipstick away from his mouth.

"Come on big guy," I say as I urge him to the door again.

The host takes us over to our table and I breathe a sigh of relief as I see it's just Wayne and Val so far. Chris pulls out my chair across from Val before taking his own seat beside me, next to the window, and in front of Wayne. There's no room for Jessica to be close enough for any physical flirtations.

We start the meal with just the four of us. Conversation is easy, simple, no one trying to better or one up another. But like all good things, it came to an end. Just before the entree is brought out Mark and Jessica join the table.

I'm taken aback by Jessica's choice of dress. She struts towards the table, like a siren, in a flaming red dress. The dress has a low cut v-neck and two slits, each going up near the top of her thigh, leaving very little to anyone's imagination.

  My heart clenches as I hear Chris clear his throat next to me. I try my best to remind myself that I can't control his bodily reactions any more than he can. My gaze shifts down to my hand as I feel Chris grab it. He offers a reminding squeeze before bringing my hand to his lips.

"Ladies," Jessica chirps. "Gentlemen," she says as her look lingers on my husband much longer than it should.

Really though, who can blame her. Chris looks more dashing than ever in a black tux with a bow tie, hair combed back neatly, beard trimmed just right. Any woman with eyesight would give him a lingering glance.

"You all look nice," Val says in an attempt to draw Jessica's attention elsewhere. The couple sits down, Jessica next to Val with Mark beside me. While I'm glad she's not next to Chris there's really nothing I can do to keep her from staring at him. I'm suddenly thankful we are already half way through the meal.

"Y'all are late," Wayne says looking at the couple. "Get caught up in a game Mark?"

"Something like that," he says with a strange glint to his eyes. He gives a knowing smirk towards Jessica.

  The waiter comes by with our entrees and takes the newest couples orders. "Oh! Chris I completely forgot earlier. But thanks for the beer. It was a perfect addition to my swim," Jessica tells the group.

  Trying to watch the expression I know my face wants to give I just look at Chris with a tight lipped smile. He nods in Jessica's direction and says "no problem." 

  'I beg to differ, sir,' I think to myself but decide to let it go.

Chris POV

  I see Daphne tense up after Jessica mentions the beer we shared this afternoon. If she questions me I'll tell her the truth, I was pissed and needed to calm down. She just happened to show up.

  "That's a great color on you, Daphne," Jessica says complimenting my beautiful wife.

  Ever the humble woman she is, Daphne just says thanks and ducks her head down, her hair covering the side of her face closest to Mark and Jessica. "Everything looks amazing on her," I say as I bring my lips to her temple, kissing it softly. Her beautiful brown eyes look up at me and I melt.

  "You should think about letting Daphne show a little more skin, like Jessica here," Mark says to me.

  I remind myself that I'm in a public setting and don't really want to spend my honeymoon in a jail cell in Honolulu. "Daphne can wear whatever she likes."

  Mark leans in towards Daphne. Being polite she moves ever so slightly closer to him to hear what he has to say. Suddenly she snaps back and slaps him across the face, the sound echoing.

  "How dare you!" Jessica yells at her.

  I jump from my seat and pull Daphne's chair back from the table. Looking at Mark I see that damn smirk across his face again. Daphne storms off without another word. Getting directly in Mark's line of site I lean in close. "I don't know what you said to my wife but you better hope I don't see you again after tonight." I follow after Daphne, leaving Wayne and Val with shocked looks on their faces.

   Thankfully Daphne didn't go far. I find her leaning up against the wall near the art gallery. Her head is leaned back while her hand rests on her chest, trying to slow her breathing down.

  "Daphne, baby, what happened?" I ask when I reach her.

  She just shakes her head. "It's not important. I just don't want to go back."

  "He obviously said something harsh to make you slap him," I say trying to coerce her into opening up to me.

  "It won't help the situation so please just let it go, Chris," she says begging me with her eyes. I don't like it. It takes a lot for Daphne to get upset like that, and I've never seen her lash out that way. Let's face it, I should've been on the receiving side of a slap more than once. "I stood up for myself, let's leave it at that," she says again as she stands up straight.

"Well, we missed dessert. So what would you like to do now?" I ask her as my hands brush up and down her arms. I watch as she looks around before taking my wrist and looking at the time. "Let's go change before we head to the club. You owe me dancing."

"Yes ma'am," I say giving her my arm to interlock her own.

As we head back to our room I can't help but continue to wonder what Mark said to her. Maybe I'll see if Wayne or Val found out after we left.

  Back in the room we take our time changing since it's just 9 pm. As I help Daphne out of her dress I can't help but let my hands linger on her body. I can feel her melt against my touch so I move in closer and hold her tightly against me.

  "I know what you're trying to do Evans and it won't work," she sasses me.

  "Oh really, is that what you think?" Challenge accepted.

  "It's what I know. We are about to have the longest foreplay ever," she says walking towards the closet.

  "Longer than seven months?" I laugh out.

  She pauses for a moment. "Okay, the longest since we've been married."  I watch her pull out the black dress she wore to her bachelorette party and I audibly groan. "I take it you approve?"

  "Approve is not my word of choice," I say as my hands try to reclaim their rightful home on her. Skillfully she dodged me with a wide grin and a shake of her head. I fall onto the bed in defeat.

Thirty minutes, and a change of clothes, later we are headed towards the club. I hear the thump of the bass the closer we get. The host at the front scans my keycard to double check both of our ages and then welcomes us in.  It's not overcrowded yet so we try to find a spot to sit before it gets crazy.

  Daphne and I walk over to a corner that holds a couple of chairs, a small couch and a small table, just big enough for cocktails. "What would you like to drink," a waitress asks us as we settle in.

  "I think I'd just like a ginger ale for now," Daphne says while I decide on a beer.

  "Speaking of beer," Daphne starts as the waitress walks away. I knew I wasn't in the clear for that one.

  I try to fess up before she goes any further. "I was at the pool bar finishing up a bottle when I ordered a second. Jessica came up behind me and told the guy to make it two. She asked to join, I said sure, and that was it." I don't need to throw in the fact that Jessica was in a barely there bikini and gave me a standing offer for a swim., which after seeing her dress tonight I'm not so positive she meant a swim in a pool.

  "Okay," she says in response. I blink back at her. "Okay?"  Daphne shrugs. "Yeah, okay."  'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, Chris, and let it go,' I think.

  "Where are my 90s babies at?" The DJ calls out from his booth. There's a few screams in response to his question. "That's right! It's 90s night here on the coast of Honolulu, so get ready!"

  I look over at Daphne while laughing because I know she has a big soft spot for 90s pop. Her face is lit up like it's Christmas morning. She squeals and claps as the waitress brings over our drinks.

The next song to start playing is the Electric Slide. The DJ inviting everyone out to join him on the floor. Daphne jumps to her feet and attempts to pull me with her. "I'm sitting this one out," I say shaking my head. She pouts her lower lip out. "Don't worry. I'll enjoy the show." She rolls her eyes at me before walking out onto the dance floor.

About half way through the song Wayne and Val comes walking in. I motion for them to join us. They too have changed out of their formal attire.

"Where's your bride?" Val asks. I simply point to the dance floor. Daphne sees us and waves for Val to jump in beside her. "Why the hell not!" She exclaims before joining in next to Daphne.

Wayne sits next to me on the couch. He orders a glass of wine for Val. I lean over, "so what else did we miss?"

"Oh you mean after Mark's face was imprinted with your wife's hand?" He asks with a chuckle.

"Not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud. And maybe a little scared," I tell him as I think about it a bit more. "She wouldn't tell me what he said though. Did y'all hear anything?"

  "Not really. Jessica was pissed though. She stormed off. He didn't bother to follow her."

  That's not surprising. I have a strong feeling it was incredibly inappropriate since it takes a lot to make Daphne mad. Before I can ask any further questions the women rejoin us.

  Daphne sits in my lap, facing the direction of Wayne and Val's seats. "Did you enjoy the show?" She says. "I guess," I say thinking that I actually didn't watch much but instead was talking to Wayne. "Guess I'll have to try harder."  Removing herself from my lap she rejoins the crowd as a much better version of the Macarena flows through the speakers. I can't help but smile at her, thankful she's been able to bounce back from the day's events.

  I'm watching Daphne completely let herself go, enjoying each moment. And she is definitely putting on a show for me with extra sway from her hips, running her hands through her hair and throwing some intense looks my way. My body is begging me to call it a night and go enjoy my wife. But she looks so free, I want her to enjoy herself in this moment.

  The song ends and she reclaims her seat in my lap. Leaning in close, "I do believe you enjoyed that show."  I cock my eyebrow at her. "What makes you say that?" 
  "Your pants," she says with her lips barely brushing against mine. And that spurs on a very short, but intense, moment as we forget about our new friends that are sat near us.

When the next song plays I very willingly follow my bride to the dance floor. Too Close by Next starts echoing through the club. I pull Daphne as close as I possibly can with her back to my chest. We sway in time to the beat but she knows exactly what she's doing. 'This woman's foreplay game is just as strong outside of the bedroom as inside,' I think to myself as she moves in such a way that I find myself groaning again. "Careful," I say moving closer to her ear. "Never," she says turning her head to crush her lips to mine.

This is the Daphne that no one else really gets to see. She's free, enjoying the moment, unafraid of what anyone thinks.

She starts to fan herself with her hand. I use the pads of my thumbs to wipe across her forehead. "You're already working up a sweat." Taking my hand in hers she leads me off of the floor and back to our waiting drinks and friends.

The closer we get I notice that our corner has become a little crowded with an unwelcome and unwanted guest. Daphne stands somewhat behind me still holding onto my hand but now she's grasped my arm protectively.

Walking up directly to Mark I ask if he needs a reminder of my threat. "You just said after tonight. Last I checked it's still tonight," he says smugly. "Besides, after that slap now I really know what a firecracker she must be in bed. Was wondering if she rethought my offer."

There it is again. That blinding red film that has only ever covered my eyes two times before now. Wayne jumps from his seat immediately getting between the two of us. Mark makes no effort while I'm giving the police officer a run for his money.

  "Back off, Chris!" Wayne yells at me. "Back off before ship security gets in here and your honeymoon is over." 

  I angrily turn away and take a few steps cursing under my breath. I look back at the corner and see Wayne ushering Mark out of the club's exit. I rejoin Daphne and Val. Daphne is urging me to sit down and relax. She motions to the waitress to bring another beer.

  I sit but can't quit ringing my hands. The red film is still prevalent. I reach up for Daphne and sit her next to me. "Are you okay?" I ask her. She nods and assures me she's fine as she rubs the nape of my neck. She continues this until my breathing steadies and my heart rate slows.

  "I'm going to go to the ladies room, but I'll be back," Daphne tells me with a kiss to my cheek.

  "I'm gonna go check on Wayne," Val says before walking away.

  I sit alone in my thoughts, nursing my beer in the hopes it helps me relax more. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone approaching our area.

  "I'm so sorry for Mark's behavior," Jessica says as she gets closer.

  I shake my head. "I don't understand what you see in that jackass. I don't even know what he said to her but I trust her judgement and applaud her for slapping the bastard."

  Jessica takes the seat next to me. I notice she's still in her formal attire. She sits in such a way that puts almost everything on display. Crossing her legs and leaning in closer to me, "I know he's a jerk. I know he's cheated on me."

  I look at her in disbelief. "Why are you still with him then?"

  "Because the terms of our marriage have changed. It's my turn now."

  "I'm sorry, what?" I ask completely confused.

  "He told me about his mistress just before our trip. He begged me not to leave him. I said I'd stay if I can cheat too," she says licking her lips. "And I choose you." This time her hand isn't on my forearm but my thigh, and it's moving.

Daphne's POV

  "Get your damn hands off of my husband!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 2.4K 31
lavender may avery daughter to jack avery attracts the attention of a young girl in walmart
76.1K 2.7K 30
No kissing? Then how are people supposed to believe it? HSMTMTS Season One / Original Character Β©JJ 1/20/2020 - 8/25/2...
26K 900 14
A Tangled-based storie with Hiccup as Rapunzel, Jack/Jackson as Flynn/Eugene, Pitch Black as mother Gothel, ... I've changed a few things, but the st...
844K 35.1K 75
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC