Remember me (Ken Kaneki x rea...

By Palishima

"You're finally awake!" "wh-who are you?" After a terrible incident, y/n and Kaneki have reached a challengi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1//
Chapter 3//
Chapter 4//
Chapter 5//
Chapter 2//
Chapter 6//
Chapter 7//
Chapter 8//
Chapter 9//
Chapter 10//
Chapter 11//
Chapter 13//
Chapter 14//
Chapter 15//
Chapter 16//
Epilogue

Chapter 12//

213 7 0
By Palishima

"~I won't lie to you
I know she's  just not right for you
And you can tell me if I'm off but I see it on your face
When you say that she's the one that you want
And you're spending all your time
In this wrong situation
And anytime you want it to stop~" Y/n took a deep breath before continuing with her horrible yet honest singing.
"~I know I can treat you better
Than she can
And any boy like you deserves a
Gentle girl~" she took a quick breath before continuing.
"~Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you could be with me instead.
I know I can treat you to better.
Better than she can~" The girl took a quick breath. "I'll stop time for you-"

"Awww you would?" A voice broke her out of her singing trance.

"Yaaa!" The girl fell from her bed and onto the floor. "Hide!" The girl scolded once she realised who had uninvitedly snuck into her room and scared her. "Why'd you do that! You could knock you know!"

"What fun would that be?" He lifted an eyebrow, causing the girl to sigh.

"Why are you here anyway? You ruined my singing time. And where's Kankei?"

"Well, I was bored and Kankei's just outside the door, he didn't want me to disturb your horrible singing."

After hearing his name being called, Kaneki walked through the already opened door of Y/n's bedroom. "I tried to stop him." He admitted.

"How much of that did you hear anyways?" The (hair colour) haired girl asked.

"Enough to know that you're not only singing along to the song." Hide wiggled his eyebrows. "Sooo. Who is It? Who will you treat better than this other girl?" A smug smirk laid across his face.

"I was just singing to the song." Y/n crossed her arms. "There's no one."

"Oh yeah? Well, Shawn Mendes didn't use girl pronouns when mentioning the other guy. Intact, there wasn't a single girl pronoun in that song except for when he said 'any girl like you' but that's it. So tell me Y/n, who is he?" Hide walked up to Y/n until their chests pressed against each other, Y/n sending him a hateful glare while Hide only smirked.

"Well, Hide." Y/n took a step back to create distance between them. "I was just replacing the boy pronounce so it could seem a bit more relatable. Y'know, to make it seem as though it's a girl issue. And I'm not the only one who does it-"

"Who else does that?!" He playfully yelled, throwing his arms out.

"Do you need a reminder? Well, just last week, I caught you singing "No" by Megan Trainor, but replacing all the pronouns to the opposite sex. Or did you forget? I took a video incase you forgot." Y/n held up her phone, making Hide sweat.

"Ok, fine! You win! But delete the video! And your singing sucks!" He snatched the phone from Y/n's hand. But tripped and the phone was sent flying across the room.

"Hide!" The girl flew herself at her phone but only pushed it higher into the air, everything seemed to have been going in slow motion.

The phone was only a few inches away from the ground. Y/n closed her eyes, ready to hear the familiar smashing sound of her phone making contact with the carpeted floor.

But it never came. "Huh?" Y/n finally opened her eyes only to see Kaneki laying on his belly on the floor, his arms outstretched and the palms of his hands carried Y/n's phone. "Ken!" Y/n ran up to her friend before helping him up. "You're a hero!" She embraced the black haired boy.

"It was nothing, really."

"Always so modest." Hide spoke up.

"You're in trouble Hide, big time." Y/n spoke coldly, finally letting go of Kankei.

"Uh Oh."

____________________________

"Y/n, where are you going? Come back here this instant!" Her mother cried, but was only ignored by her daughter.

"Y/n get back in the house. Don't go any further!" He father scolded, but he was ignored as well.

"I'm sorry mother. I'm sorry father." Y/n finally spoke. But it's finally time those blasted ghouls pay for their sins." Her eyes narrowed and her words held venom. Years or rage and misery bottled up in her fragile body.

"Y/n listen to yourself! Don't do anything stupid, just come back and let go!" Her mother cried.

Y/n had hacked their gate to keep her parents locked inside long enough for her to get away.

"Y/n let us go." Her father's voice growled. A dark aura surrowned him as his gaze fixated on the cement pavement leading to the gate. "Whatever you're planning to do, just drop it. You have no idea what these creatures are capable of. I've watched many of my colleagues lose their lives to them! I don't want to lose my daughter to them too."

Y/n froze, "What were you doing? Shouldn't you have been doing something with tech stuff? Why were you in contact with them?" Y/n asked, her mother too looked at her husband.

"In order to keep them out we needed to study them. A lot of us were sent out to retrieve them, and a lot of us didn't make it out alive. Most of the time our hunts were unsuccessful." Her father kept his gaze on the ground.

Y/n clenched her fists, and an aggravated growl left her. Shaking with anger, she continued walking away. "I'll make them pay."

_______________________

"Members or Aogiri Tree." Eto Yoshimura announced, getting every ghoul's attention. "We've recently revived word that the C.C.G plans to attack Aogiri Tree later today. As sudden as this may seem we need all ghouls ready for battle. The C.C.G isn't to be reckoned with." She stared at the eyes of all her fellow ghouls before continuing. "Call your wives and children now, while you still can. Some if not a lot of you will not make it. Did I make myself clear?" She asked, her expressions dull as though the situation was merely a game to her.

"Understood." Every ghoul in the room powerfully nodded their heads in unison.

"Disband." She walked away and the large group of ghouls started to break apart into smaller groups as chattering filled the room.

"An attack? Seriously? This should be easy."

"They really think they can beat us? Lame."

"They probably won't even be able to take down the weakest ones."

"Don't underestimate the C.C.G guys."

Chattering from all sides could be heard.

"Jeez. What's with these people." Ayato rolled his eyes. "They're a real pain in the ass."

"It's suppliers are the secret organisation that Y/n's dad works at. They supply them with the needed technology. Speaking of which, he should be back for a couple if months now." Kankei spoke without even thinking.

"How do you know all that?" Ayato asked.

"Y/n and I discovered some files in his study once when him and aunt Maranda were one a date." He responded.

"Didn't you tell us you forgot about that Y/n girl? Kinda seems like you've regained your memories." Ayato rolled his eyes, looking to the side to avoid eye contact.

"Tell him Ken! Tell him the truth!" A voice rang in his head, causing a throbbing pain to develop.

"Ah!" Kankei hissed as he held onto his head. "These random flashes seem to be helping with that." He hissed.

"Well, we've gotta get ready for the upcoming fight then. Don't die on me, who else will annoy me while on missions together?" He punched Kankei's shoulder and walked into the large crowed that was headed to a separate room.

"Some poor soul that's for sure." He quickly followed after him.

____________________________

"We have located Aogiri Tree's main base." Tsuneyoshi Washuu announced. "It's on the island of Rushima in Tokyo Bay. Much blood will be spilt, and more than a few of us will lose our lives."

Some agents stiffened at the announcement while others showed faces of determination and dedication, Y/n being one of them. 'I will end them.'

"And yet," Tsuneyoshi continued. "Until the scourge of Aogiri Tree has been whipped away, we will never know true peace."

'I'll rid the world of each and every one of them.'

"The battle to come, will be the one to end it all. Kisho Arima will lead the homeline defence team. I will lead the attack on Rushima. It ends now. Let's begin, The Aogiri Extermination Mission!"

Y/n quickly shot up from her seat. "I will bring great honor to Tokyo! Even if it's the last thing I do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 584 13
Touka Kirishima, a first year at Kamii University, and ghoul, has been through a lot. Especially recently when her best friend who she just realized...
1.5K 54 25
Disclaimer: I do not own Tokyo Ghoul or any material relating to it, including canon characters. ~ One chance encounter between a human boy and...
8.1K 166 13
"Then why do I feel butterflies in my stomach everytime you look into my eyes? Why can't I look away from those possessing eyes everytime our glances...
85.3K 2.5K 19
How unexpected it was that your new classmates were ghouls. And so were the following events after. *ghoul x human* ~~ RANKING: #46 in Tokyo [COMPLE...