Late replies ☾ Mark Lee

By markscult

☾ Idol au ☾ Social media/text au ☾ "Yo what, how did you know that?" "Mark...I'm literally your fan." Boo... More

☾P R E L U D E
☾C H A R A C T E R S
☾1
☾2
☾3
☾4
☾5
☾6
☾7
☾8
☾9
☾10
☾11
☾12
☾13
☾14
☾15
☾16
☾17
☾18
☾19
☾20
☾21
☾22
☾23
☾24
☾25
☾26
☾27
☾28
☾29
☾30
☾31
☾32
☾33
☾34
☾35
☾36
☾37
☾38
☾39
☾40
☾41
☾42
☾43
☾44
☾45
☾46
☾47
☾48
☾49
☾50
☾51
☾52
☾53
☾54
☾55
☾56
☾57
☾58
☾59
☾60
☾61
☾62
☾63
☾64
☾65
☾66
☾67
☾68
☾69
☾70
☾72
☾73
☾74
☾75
☾76
☾77
☾78
☾79
☾80
☾81
☾82
☾83
☾84
☾85
☾86
☾87
☾88
☾89
☾90
☾91
☾92
1M
☾93
☾94
☾95
☾96
☾97
☾98
☾99
☾100
☾101
☾102
☾103
☾104
☾105
☾106
☾107
☾108
☾109
☾110
☾111
☾112
☾113
☾BONUS CHAPTER 1
☾BONUS CHAPTER 2
☾BONUS CHAPTER 3

☾71

25K 1.3K 2.3K
By markscult

For you, I could pretend like I was happy when I was sad
For you, I could pretend like I was strong when I was hurt

The next couple of days was a havoc of mess, busy schedules clashing and honestly the two of them had rarely seen each other in a week.

But it was to be expected of their relationship, it was hard but they were both understanding.
Even if it kind of sucked- well that was an understatement.

Yeonhee let out a laboured sigh as she sat on the office chair, leaning back as she stared up at the bland ceiling.

It felt as though her work just wouldn't stop, overwhelmed by the sudden responsibilities that came with her new opportunity along with attempting to maintain her own brand and the education at university.

It was a lot.

With a gruelling sombreness cascading down on her, the dispirited girl leant her body forward on the desk- head buried in her arms with her hair sprawling out on the wooden table.

"You okay?" A voice sudden cut through the dreary air, causing Yeonhee to lift her head and blink a few times to regain her clear vision.

At the opened door stood Renjun and Jisung, a worried look on older boy's face as Jisung peered his head through the doorway.

"We saw you sitting here, you look kinda...sad." Renjun commented, walking into the room where papers upon papers were scattered around, her laptop open to the side and she was seemingly sketching something.

Jisung in curiosity began to pick up the small fabric samples in his hand- intrigued by how different they were to each other yet so similar too.

"This is taking longer than I thought, I'm gonna have to miss my lecture today." She sighed, checking the time on her phone.

Yeonhee rested her elbows on the firm desk, both of her hands coming to rest on either side of her head as she stared down at the papers in front of her.

"Maybe take a break?" Renjun suggested, her shaking her head.
"I've barely done anything yet, I need to get it done by tomorrow but tomorrow I have a business meeting with the manufacturers."

He hummed in response, understanding her issue.
"Well don't be too sad, we're all rooting for you." Jisung smiled, eyes crinkling up to which Yeonhee gave him a grateful half hearted smile back.
"Thank you...do you guys have schedules?"

Jisung nodded at her question, putting the fabric pieces down.
"We were heading to practice and saw you- do you know if Mark is here today? The manager told us to tell him about the schedule change."

"I haven't seen him, I'm sorry. He's most likely with 127 right now."
"Oh- that's alright, thanks anyways."

Renjun glanced at Yeonhee who was looking down blankly at the papers in front of her and kept flickering her eyes over towards her phone as if she was waiting for something.

He wasn't too sure of what he could say, there was no point sugarcoating the fact Mark literally had a schedule so tight it was suffocating and there was no doubt it would affect the relationship they had.

He just hoped they could get through it.

After talking for a few moments, the boys had informed her they had to go otherwise they'd be late, to which she ushered them out.

As soon as she closed the door behind them, her smile faded and she turned around facing the empty room. Subconsciously, her hand trailed up her chest to the pendant sitting delicately on her skin.

Yeonhee worried, she worried a lot for him. She really wished she could be there for him more but it was so hard when their interactions began to lessen.

A small glimmer of her wanted to push aside the small voice in her head attempting to convince her she was secondary to work yet again.

Shut up, stupid head
I miss him though

Once more she checked her phone, entering the chat which had been unseen and unanswered for over 8 hours. It was now 3pm and she wondered if had even eaten anything.

DoYeonhee__'s story

Wooyung00's story

M2TRAPPY 😎

Yo yoo
Sorry for the late repliesss
Been a busy day
19:03

Heyyyyy
Dw Markaroni
Are you all done now?

Not yet we still got more to do
But what have you been up toooo

Well I was sorting some stuff out but Wooyung came to keep me company but we ended up just walking around
We saw such a cute cat though
And now he's just chilling here watching me work pls 😭😭 he said he cba to help cuz it looks complicated

Ohh hahaha
You should like tell him to help you a little man
And I just saw the cat it is cute yo
Have you eaten

Yeahhh we just did
I'm so full
Have you eaten busy boy

Yeah the food we ordered just came but not a lot of time to eat it :((

Onyourm__ark uploaded a new post

M2TRAPPY 😎

What if someone needed to get up the stairs 🙄
Jks you look good though 😏
You should probs go eat quick tho

Obviously I'd let them through 🙄
Hahaha thanks Yeon
Yeah I better go but don't work too much!

Says you man 🙄
YOU don't work yourself too much

Haha alright alright gotta go nowww

Okayy go go we can talk laterz
Seen

"Don't you think you should make this in like a navy colour too?" Wooyung suggested, leaning over to take a look at the pieces she has for the collection.

At her lack of reply, the boy glanced up to see Yeonhee staring at the blank screen of the phone, deep in thought.
"Hello? Earth to Yeonhee?" He waved a hand dramatically in front of her face.

Eyes flickering over to him, she hummed questioningly.
"I-...never mind. What's up with you?"
"Nothing." She said, pulling her hair together into a quick bun at the nape of her neck a little messy.

"Mhm. Is there trouble in paradise?"
"No," she began, pushing her tongue against the back of her top teeth. "We just haven't seen each other much lately."

"Busy?" He questioned, knowing this would happen sometimes and she nodded. "Well, you'll see him soon so stop moping around."

She shot him a glare.
"Shut up. I'm not moping." Muttering as she began to continue her sketching, letting out a yawn and leaning her head back with a groan.

"Have you got a lot left?"
"Mm, just a bit- you should probably go home it's getting late."
"Haru isn't here, kinda lonely and Hyunjae said she's going out somewhere."

"So I'm your last resort I see."
"I'm glad you understand." He grinned and she scoffed with an eye roll.

There was a little silence that fell over them as she continued with her work while Wooyung sang along to a song as he played a game on his phone.

"There's so much I want to do with him." Yeonhee spoke out of the blue. Wooyung wasn't too concentrated on what she was saying as he hummed along.

"But I can't bring it up to him because it's literally impossible for us to any of what I wanted to do with him. There's no point me telling him oh, I wanna go here and I wanna do this with you when we can't. That's just insensitive because he'll feel guilty."

"Wait," Wooyung cut off, falling silent for a few seconds before putting his phone down. "You wanna do things with him like...the things you can't do because he's an idol?"

"Yeah like," she began, tucking the fallen hair out of her face behind her ears. "Like...I don't know...walking down the street- taking Milo for walks together. Shopping together, eating somewhere together, posting pictures together."

There was a slightly saddened sigh that came from her, knees pulled to her chest as she dropped her forehead against it.
"Is it selfish of me to think this?" She mumbled.

"Of course it isn't. Those things are simple things you want to do with him- stuff that's normal for couples and even if you can't do those things you are still allowed to think about it. You just want to do normal couple things with him, why are you feeling so guilty?"

"Because," Frustratedly she exhaled. "I understand the limits of his job and that's not his fault. I'll admit there are times I wish we could do stuff like that but I don't mind as long as we're together you know? I just can't help but see these couples around uni and kind of..."

"Envy them?"
"...is that bad?"
"It isn't bad Yeonhee. Do you think you'd go public, do you want to?"
"Probably not, I don't want anything to potentially ruin or affect his career."

Wooyung scoffed.
"What? Is loving someone a crime? Also I know Mark has no control over it but I do hate how sad you are over not being able to do things with him."
"I'm sure he has things he wants to do too but...we just can't and we have to accept that's one part of our relationship we can't do experience." She shrugged, trying to brush it off but it showed by the sadness in her eyes.

Wooyung gave a reassuring smile to her, reaching out to pat the crown of her head.
"You'll get wrinkles if you do that."

"Shut up."
His laughter carried through the air as she tried her best to stay mad at him but his loud laugh was contagious- her bursting out into laughter too.

It was nearing ten pm when Yeonhee and Wooyung decided to pack up at the company and together they began to clean up the papers and the things sprawled out.

"You know when you're serious, you're actually a good worker."
"I know." He boasted and she scoffed, throwing a balled up paper his way.

As they exited the room, she switched off the light and began to walk down the desolated hallways with her friend in tow.

Noticing how she was hugging her arms to her body, he offered his jacket- already shrugging it off his body and handing it to her.
"It's fine man-"
"Oh my god you're so stubborn just take it before I throw you off the railing."

"You're so rude." She tsked, taking his jacket with a thanks as she slipped it on with the warmth swarming around her while they walked to the elevator.

Unbeknownst to her, Mark had arrived at the company building just moments before as he wanted to see how she was doing. Worried she was overworking but when he got to the room she usually was in, the lights were turned off.

Mark wondered if she had gone home already, taking out his phone which had died during filming and he sighed, beginning to walk down the hallway.

"I really want to go to that dessert place- can we go?"

He could never mistake her voice, his feet taking him over towards the railing of the second floor as his eyes immediately fell on the two figures who were walking towards the exit on the ground floor.

Yeonhee happily clapped her hands together in excitement, the jacket was drowning her but her smile was gleaming.
"You're paying." Wooyung spoke and she bumped her shoulder against his as he laughed.

"Whatever- I've been waiting for so long for someone to come with me there. I've heard it's really nice!"

Mark's hand rested on the cold railing as a heat pushed at his chest, conflicting emotions running through him.

She wanted to go with someone

But he couldn't, he couldn't do things he knew she wanted to.
However, she looked so happy that someone could go with her.

A bitter feeling began to bloom, his eyes watching their voices get quieter the more they approached the door.

Wooyung held it open for her as they both stepped out into the public setting where anyone could see them, but for them it was no barrier.
Unlike with Mark.

DoYeonhee__'s story

Wooyung00's story

M2TRAPPY 😎

Are you home nowww
Maybe you're sleeping actually
Yes as u should you had a long day
So much happened today it was so funny lmaooo but I'll tell you tomorrowww
Goodnight Markie
00:46

Oh yo sorry man I actually fell asleep as soon as I came home hahaha it was so tiring
Good morning thoughh
I have some fancalls today and more practices I hope it doesn't take that long
10:17

Morninggg well it's not morning anymore
I've got a meeting to finalise everything and hopefully the collection date is gonna be soon
I'm praying u get some nice fans today or else I'll have to fight
12:20

OMG ITS COMING OUT IN 5 DAYS
THATS SO CLOSE
IM SO EXCITEDDDDD OMG
I actually can't believe this rn I'm so happy, it's so crazy how much my brand has grown
14:48

DoYeonhee__'s story

Jeno loves Jisung

The president: what are you guys up to
Wanna play basketball with me

The hater: no

The hulk: I'm going back to sleep

Eunhye: I would but I'm working

The president: you guys are boring
I'd ask Mark but he's working

The beanstalk: I'll play

The president: nvm you can't play

The beanstalk: 😐

The president: joking joking

Mei: oooh I wanna play

The beanstalk: let's playyy

The president: we're the maknaes 😎

Mei: ooooh and Yeonhee

The president: oh yeahhh Yeonhee wanna play
Im at the company we can all play here

Im sorry I can't
I have a lecture ugh

The hater: sounds boring

It is

The sweetest: you've got thissss!

Thanks Jaemie

The hater: tf

What🙄
Do you want me to call you Renjie

The hater: 🤢

M2TRAPPY 😎

Dudeeee that's so good
Congratulations yoooo men's collection I'm exciteddd
16:50

How's work going
You should take some breaks you know
Also i saw some of the fancalls on Twitter they're so cute

They were really sweet actually and it's going alright
I gotta head to practice though
What are you up to Miss Thug

Just finished at uni
I'm heading home
Are you taking care of yourself though, I'm worried about you

Don't worry about me Yeon I'm gooddd
Have you been sleeping well

Well I've been tiring myself out from all this work so I've been literally passing out when my head hits the pillow 😭😭

Hahahahah dude stop working so much

What a hypocrite 🙄🙄🙄
I miss you though

I miss you too, I really do
But I'll try to see you when I can
But right now things are reaaaally busy

It's okayyy dont stress it
I understand

I'm sorry for not spending a lot of time with you though
I'd rather be with you right now than this practice room

I think the practice rooms are quite nice dont insult them
Jks
Trust me I'd rather spend time with Markieboy too but don't apologise it isn't your faultttt

Everytime Mark and Yeonhee tried to continue a conversation, it would be abruptly cut off by either his work or hers.

Even though she was willing to push her work aside for him, she couldn't expect the same from him because their situations weren't the same.

Another week went by, the distance between them becoming heavy on her heart as she stared at the text messages between them.

M2TRAPPY 😎

I miss your face low-key
Can we FaceTime rnn or are u busy
19:34

Man I'm sorry :(
I wish I could right now but I'm about to film
We can later I promiseee when I get home

Okay okayy

Heyyyy are you awake?
01:28

You must be asleep right now but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for missing your calls and I do miss you a lot
I wish we could spend time together but it sucks how much like my work takes up most of my time but that doesn't mean like I don't want to spend time with you, I do
But yeahhhh um I hope you're doing okay and sleeping well and eating good too
Goodnight Yeon
02:04

When she woke up, she definitely wasn't expecting that message which brought a clenching at her heart. It was such a bittersweet feeling because she felt the same but their distance was inescapable.

The replies between them lessened, her time spent with her phone near her in hopes she could talk to him more.

Biting at her bottom lip to stop the emotions from building, shaking her head with a soft breath escaping her in attempts to calm the sadness fuelling her.

Sighing, she leant her chin on her crossed arms as she hunched over the desk- sat in the room with design ideas for Aespa this time.

Closing her eyes, Yeonhee felt the throbbing sensation at the back of her head intensify with her stomach rumbling. With a sigh, she stood up begrudgingly and walked over towards the door.

Pushing her phone into her back pocket, Yeonhee exited the room with her eyes lowered with a crestfallen expression.

"You must be busy, I haven't seen much of you lately." The voice became clearer as Yeonhee stepped from the doorway, closing it behind her.

"Yeon,"

At the familiar voice calling her name out, Yeonhee glanced up with her eyes meeting Mark's who stood there alongside some 127 members with his eyes lit up upon seeing her.

Her eyes drifted to Seola who was in the midst of saying something to Mark but his attention directed itself towards his girlfriend.

The other boys sent a brief greeting to her, moving past her with Seola in tow, briefly glancing between both of them.

Yeonhee felt an inexplicable happiness surge through her at the sight of him finally in front of her, both of them walking until they met in the middle of the hallway.

Her heart clenching dramatically, stomach churning at the sight of him.
His lips fitted into a smile stretching across his face, their shoes hitting each other's when he reached towards her, hand sliding through her hair at the nape of her neck.

She barely had time to even greet him properly before she was engulfed into a hug, one she reciprocated almost instantly.
His hand was on the back of her head with the other on the middle of her spine as she leaned further into him.

Her fists lightly clutched the back of his jacket adorning his body, closing her eyes and allowed herself to bask in his presence that she missed.

"God I missed you." He murmured into the crown of her head, her familiar scent of perfume lingering through the air as her arms tightened around with a hum falling from her lips.
"I missed you too."

After revelling in each other's embraces, they broke away and she smiled up at him with a softened look in her eyes that contrasted her previous dispirited one.

Her hand lightly lingered on the sleeve of his jacket while looking up at him.
"Are you finished for today?" Her question accompanied by a hopeful lit up look, the sight only causing him more guilt as his smile faltered.

"I..." he trailed off, feeling bad for the fact he wasn't actually finished with his schedules for today. Catching onto his expression, her lit up eyes diminished and her eyes trailed away from his to the bag on his shoulder which he usually brought to practice.

Noticing her dejected expression, Mark shook his head.
"It's only practice, I don't have to go. We can spend time together-"

Yeonhee managed a small smile, meeting his eyes again.
"It's okay, your managers will probably be mad at you for missing it. You should go." She nodded at her words, attempting to encourage him to go to his work schedule.

You can't be selfish when it comes to his work

"But..." he began as her hand left the material of his jacket, taking a step back as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder.
"I was going to go help out at the cafe today anyways."

Mark's eyes were swimming with guilt as they read hers, knowing she was just pretending with a smile to reassure him.

Breaking out of the sudden somber mood which fell over them, she reached into her pocket and pulled out an energising breakfast bar she had forgotten to eat to which she handed it over to him.

"Don't work yourself too hard okay?" She hummed after her words, giving a smile to mask the fact she started to feel a little disheartened but it wasn't his fault. "You better go~" she urged, lightly pushing him.

She was good at hiding her feelings but he knew her better than she thought he did.

As she began to walking around him, his hand reached out to clasp around her wrist. Taking her by surprise as turned around, swallowing the dryness in her throat as their eyes met.

"I'm sorry." He apologised quietly, running his fingers through his hair in slight frustration.
A few seconds of silence fell over them.

"It's not your fault." Yeonhee replied, her hand slipping into his with her thumb comfortingly brushing his knuckles. "I understand okay? So stop giving me that look unless you want me to get sad." She pointed.

Hands breaking contact as she adjusted her handbag on her shoulder once more, about to leave but he cut through the air with his words.

"Mark!" A voice exclaimed, both of their attentions falling to the choreographer who had been looking for the boy- finally finding him. "We're all waiting for you."

Mark's head snapped back over towards his girlfriend as he spoke in a rushed manner.
"I'll tell him I'll just practice alone later, the boys probably won't mind either-"

"Mark," she stopped him, letting out a sigh. "I'm not going anywhere, we can hang out another time but your work..." the bitter words not wanting to leave her mouth but she smiled through it in a reassuring manner. "Your work is more important right now."

He opened his mouth to say something but his words fell short, eyes watching as she respectfully bowed to the choreographer who had just approached Mark.

Yeonhee's eyes briefly met her boyfriend's but she could feel the suffocating tightness in her throat, claws gripping around her heart twisting mercilessly.

Turning around, she continued to walk with her eyes burning, biting down on the side of her cheek to stop the floodgates of emotions from spilling.

Mark's head tilted up towards the ceiling, eyes closing momentarily as he felt the hurt spreading like wildfire, a pang cutting through him as her figure disappeared.

All he could think about was the words she once said way before they had even gotten together.

"I don't want work to be put before me. I don't think I can handle it again."

😔 what's the thoughts guys

What's gonna happen next 😨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 15.1K 37
"excuse me what?! i cheated on who?!!" [ social media au + lowercase intended ] well let's just say that their friendship starts off on the wrong foo...
66K 3.5K 14
[COMPLETED] donghyuck's way of telling mark what he felt was through writing on sticky notes. started: 19.05.2019 ended: 18.06.2019 written & publish...
32.9K 1K 35
♪ Idol au ♪ "Do you believe in love at first sight?" "I believe in love at every sight when it comes to you." ♪♪♪ "You know, you're cute, but have yo...
677K 41.7K 81
"we're souls of fallen stars breathed into our bodies to live." "then why are you just existing?" ϟ he was on fire and she didn't know who she was. C...