Bestfriend | Ran Takahashi

Af NikkieKnickKnack

Aya have always been called the bestfriend, the number fan, the biggest supporter, the little princess... Wha... Mere

Disclaimer
Hi, I'm Takahashi Ran
Number One
Accepted
21
Riri
See You Around
Unexpected
Jealous
Act Cool. Be Cool.
Birthday
A Thousand Miles
Prince Charming
Just Let Me Go
Start Over
Goodnight
Bikini
Boys are Weird
You Missed
Happy
Date
Bruised
Love Bites
Uncomfortable
Skin to Skin
Liar
I Miss Her
Hold On
Shopping
Safety First
Miyako-jima
The Beach
Passion
Sore
Promise
Moments
Fight
Japan v Qatar
Japan v Bahrain
Wake Me Up
Back to Tokyo
Birthday Weekend
That One's For You
Live on Insta
Idiots
Hate
First Love
Sacrifice
Yes!
Time with You

Rain

1.1K 31 13
Af NikkieKnickKnack

Ran's POV:

I have never seen her stand up to her brother like that nor does her brother reprimand her like that. I should do something, but when Ichiro-san tried to say something, they both snapped at him. Yeah, better not.

When Aya entered the kitchen, that was when I decided that it's time for me to go home. I said my goodbye to the brothers and they were sad to see me go. Whaaat? As I was putting my shoes on, Aya called out to me. I looked up and saw her signaling to wait for her. Not even a minute later, she's putting her shoes on with her school bag on her back.

"Where do you think you're going?" I heard Kenzo-san ask, standing behind her.

"Anywhere but here," she replied as she opened the door and pulled me out with her.

We walked in silence. I am not entirely sure where she's planning on going. I decided to just let her walk, wait for her to calm down. She looked at me a few times as if she wanted to ask me something. She did it a few more times..

"What is it? You're debating on whether to ask me something or not, I can tell" I said.

"Ano... I was wondering if I could sleep over at your place for tonight, I totally understand if you say no, I can call Han-"

"Sure, just don't mind my roommates though" I agreed, not even thinking about it.

We walked back to my apartment and just before we entered the door, I could already hear my roommates bickering about something.

"Sorry in advance" I said.

We entered the apartment and there goes my roommates, playing Mario Party. They all turned when we entered, Aya walking behind me shyly.

"You must be Aya-chan," one of them greeted.

She looked surprised as to how they know her. She just nodded in reply.

"I'm Tanaka Rio, that's Sato Haru, and that's Nakamura Neji" Rio introduced.

"We just finished playing a round of Mario Party, do you want to join?" Neji asked her.

"We'll play later," I answered as I ushered Aya to my room. I turned back and saw Haru handing something to Neji. Is that a bet of some sort?

My room was a bit of a mess, I was not expecting her to visit, much less sleepover. I tried to put some stuff away as she looked around.

"Gomen, I know it's a mess," I said.

She turned and smiled, "Don't worry about it, I'm the one who asked at the last minute."

I took her bag and put it under my computer desk. She's still looking around and something got her attention. "Is that us?" she asked pointing at picture frame

It was a picture of the two us on a swing set next to each other. I think we were around 8 at the time. "Kawaii," she squealed.

"Your roommates seems nice," she said as she sat down on my computer chair. "They seem fun too," she added.

"They are, but they can get loud sometimes"

"That's pretty normal, isn't it?"

"I guess so, anyway.. what are you going to do with your brothers, if you don't mind me asking"

She sighed and thought about it for a minute. "They can handle themselves, I get that I'm the youngest but I don't think I deserve how they treated me today"

"They'll worry about where you are" I told her.

"Do you think it's a wise decision to tell them that I'm sleeping over at your place?" her eyebrows raising at the question.

"I suppose not, but at least let them know that you're fine" I urged her.

"Fine.. I will, in a few hours.."

I sat on my bed and laid down, feet still on the ground. I felt her join me and we just stared at the ceiling for a while. Enjoying each other's company for a few minutes before her stomach started grumbling. She sat up in embarrassment and apologized.

"Let's get you some dinner" I said, she just nodded.

We ended up getting some ramen nearby. She still seemed to be troubled about her situation with her brothers, mostly with Kenzo-San. She did admit that he's her favorite brother.

"He's strict and probably the most protective out of all of them, but he's the one who taught me how to be independent and strong," she started as she finished her ramen.

"He's actually the one who told me to skip gymnastics if I don't like it and to just go for it... go for volleyball, go for the national team.. he's always pushing and supporting me, but sometimes he's just so.. just so..,"

"Just so?"

"He's so bossy" she finished.

"I experienced that today," I admitted.

"Try having to live with him for years," she joked.

We left the restaurant after paying. We walked for a while before she spotted a park. "Look!" she pointed. I turned to where she was pointing at and it was swing set. "Let's go!" she said, pulling me with her.

"Aren't we a little too big for this?" I asked as I sat down on one of them.

"Not me!"

She started swinging slightly before gaining speed and height. I watched her enjoy the swing, admiring her smile.

"Will you catch me?" I heard her ask.

"What?"

"I'm going to jump in.. 3.." she started to count down.

Oh no. She's not going...

"2..."

I got up from the swing and ready myself..

"1!"

At the highest point of the swing, she jumped. Oh shit.

I caught her and fell down, her on top of me. She was laughing, "that was fun!"  She's going to give me a heart attack one of these days. She pushed herself up a bit and we were face to face, just inches away from each other. Her hair falling on the side of her face... I noticed her look down a bit and looked back up. Is she... is she thinking what I think she's thinking? She bit her bottom lip for a second... I would've kissed her right then and there but then... It started raining.

"Crap," she muttered and got up quickly.

I got up as well. It was a light rain when it started, but a minute later it got heavy. We're at least a 15 mins walk from my apartment so we're going to have to make a run for it. I was going to tell her that we can run, but I just saw her standing there, her face facing upwards, eyes closed, enjoying the rain. I stood next to her, copying her... It was relaxing and somehow peaceful. We stood there for a good couple of minutes before we were interrupted by a thunder.

"Ah, crap" she muttered, looking at her drenched self. "Let's get out of this rain," I said. She nodded. I took her hand and we started running back to my place. About halfway there, we stopped on a bus stop with a cover to catch our breath. I looked at her, soaked, hair messy. She looked at me and smiled, I smiled back as I tuck some of her hair behind her ear. She blushed a bit. I haven't seen that in so long. Then she blushed more, if that was possible.. but why? I looked at myself and noticed that I was wearing a white shirt and it was soaked and she can clearly see through it.

"Cover up" she said, trying to look at anything but me.

"With what?"

"I.. I don't know, with anything"

I just laughed at her. "Ready? We should be there in a few minutes," I told her. She nodded and took my hand in hers and we started running again.

We got back at the apartment around 9:45 pm. My roommates are all in their room when we entered. I just announced that we're back. Haru opened his door and checked just to make sure that we're alright. "Had fun in the rain?" he asked, eyeing the both of us. "Go to bed" I answered. We went to my room to clean up and that was when I saw her just standing by the closed door.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I forgot to bring clothes..." she muttered as she look at her feet.

I took out a black shirt and some boxers and gave it to her. "Here, it's probably going to be big on you, but it's better than nothing." She smiled and thanked me. She told me to shower first since she has to call her brother and let them know that she's ok.

As I was finishing up in the bathroom, that was when I realized that my bed is small and that it's going to be tight with the both of us on it. I also don't have a spare futon. I can always sleep on the couch... yeah, I'll sleep on the couch. I'm not going to let her sleep on the floor or on the couch.

She showered after I finished. I tried to make my bed as comfortable as possible. I also tried to clean up some of my mess. It took her about 10 mins before she knocked on the door. I told her to come in, my back facing her as I was finishing the bed. I heard her close the door, I turned around and found her standing there.. shyly.. looking beautiful in my clothes. Her hair was wrapped in the towel, my black shirt  ended just above her knees... my boxers peeking underneath the shirt a little. I can somewhat see the contour of her.. of chest.. breasts... boobs? I can't think straight.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Calm down, Ran. You've seen her in bikinis and this is. not even that revealing..

"Ano.. I had to roll up your boxes because they were too long and a little bit loose" she said, pulling up the shirt and revealing the rolled up band.

"Uh..yeah that's fine" I muttered and quickly look away. I sat on the bed and motioned her to sit infront of me on the floor.

"Let me dry your hair," I said, she nodded and sat infront of me as she took off the towel on her head. I remember when she was little that she hated having long hair because it gets on her face... I still don't know what or who changed her mind, but sometime during junior high she started letting her hair grow longer. Now, her hair is just about to the middle of her back. I proceeded on drying her hair, while she browse through her social media. She then told me to look at her phone since she wanted to take a selfie. I looked and gave her a peace sign like her. She posted it on her instagram story with the caption, 'Personal hair dryer' with a peace emoji and tagged me. It took about 10 mins to get her hair dry enough to sleep in.

"I'll sleep on the couch, you can have the bed" I told her.

"You sure? I mean, I think we can fit on the bed"

"It'll be more comfortable for you, let me know if you need anything" I told her as I took one of the pillows on my bed, leaving her with 2.

I went to the living room and found Neji walking from the kitchen with a snack.

"She kicked you out?" he joked.

I threw him my pillow and he caught it and threw it back, "I offered to sleep on the couch

"Whatever you say" he said and entered his room.

I laid down on the couch, trying to find a comfortable spot. I then set an alarm for the morning. I'm not sure how long I've been sleeping when I heard a door open. Probably one of the boys, I thought. I then heard her voice.. barely above whisper. I opened my eyes and found her standing a few feet away. I looked at the time on my phone, 12:20 am.

"Something wrong?" I asked as I sat up.

"I can't sleep.." she said.

"I.." I started, I honestly don't know what to say.

"Can you.. can you... nevermind" she then walked back in my room.

What just happened? It took me a moment before I realized what she was trying to say. I got up and took my pillow and went to my room. I opened the door slowly and found her tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable.

"Hey.." I whispered. She looked at me then smiled before scooting all the way to the wall, making room for me. I fixed the pillows and laid down on my side, my back facing her. I felt her scooted closer and relax. Before I knew it.. before it registered on my mind what I was doing.. I turned around, put my arm as her pillow, pulled her closer, my other arm wrapping around her waist. She looked up at me and smiled. I smiled and kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes and relaxed. I watched her sleep for a few minutes, happy that she finds comfort in my arms, in my presence. Before I knew it.. sleep took over.

==================================

A/N: Sorry for the late post! Today was very busy and I wasn't able to find time to write and edit this chapter. I hope you guys like this one. Might be a little cheesy and cliche, but I don't know... I kind a like it, so I hope you do too.

I'm also planning on visiting Japan in the next year or so, whenever they open their borders. Hopefully around June-ish of next year. I'm also trying to teach myself some Japanese so I can at least converse with them.

Anyway, thank you for all the support! Next chapter will be up soon!

Take care!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

15.4K 542 26
How did Yamaguchi end up in this kind of relationship? He doesn't know. Tsukishima was different back when they were only best friends. No one knew h...
366K 7K 21
MATURE CONTENT: READERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED Chapters: 4, 8, 12 , 15, 17, 20. Beware. You were stressed out to the point where you felt like it was...
27.5K 951 18
a relationship bonded over a world tournament i wanna delete this book because it's fucking cringe but you all seem to like so- this book literally g...
32.2K 516 26
βπ‹πŽπŽπŠ 𝐀𝐓 π˜πŽπ”π‘ ππ‘π„π“π“π˜ ππ”π’π’π˜, 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐄𝐓 π…πŽπ‘ πŒπ„βž εΉΌγͺじみ π™Šπ™žπ™ π™–π™¬π™– 𝙭 π™π™šοΏ½...