Unexpected

Graduation went by pretty fast. Before I knew it, I was already at the school gate hugging my dad and my brothers. I wanted to put what happened last night behind and just enjoy today. I did wake up with a headache tho, I felt a little weird, but I shook it off and tried to enjoy the day. I gave everyone a hug, even him, but just a short hug, not the long tight hug that we were used to. We took pictures, a lot of them actually, I posted some in my instagram. While in the middle of taking pictures, that was when I saw her walking towards us. Hana. She congratulated me, I did the same. There was silence...

Riri decided to pull me away, telling me that she found a good spot for pictures. We went there arm in arm, but I didn't miss the way she purposely bumped in his shoulders, well more like side. Made me giggle a bit. Riri and I took more pictures together and we did the Chika Dance for her tiktok. It was fun since we made a few mistakes before actually completing the dance as best as we could. Everyone then joined us on the spot for more pictures.

On our way home, Riri and I were skipping down the road arm in arm way ahead of everyone. That was when I felt a little dizzy and my body just felt heavy. I needed a break, thank goodness Riri had to fix her shoe. I turned around to see the others chatting, that was when I made eye contact with him. I felt like time stood still for that few seconds of me nodding my head to him and giving him a small smile... and then all I heard was multiple people calling my name out.. and then darkness.

I was warm and cozy, I didn't want to open my eyes, knowing that if I do, I would have to face reality again. I kept my eyes shut, but I can feel there were people around me, one of them was holding my hand, someone else placed a cool towel on my forehead, that felt great. I heard some whispers here and there, feet shuffling. I opened my eyes a bit and the first thing I see was my dad's concerned face. "Yokatta.." he whispered.

"Hi.." I whispered, tried to whisper. My throat was dry. Dad helped me sit up, adjusting the pillow on my back and handed me a cup of water. I was in my room, I guess they carried me back here. The towel on my forehead fell on my lap, I put behind my neck instead. "Don't frighten me like that," dad started, "You didn't have to attend graduation if you did not feel well this morning," continued. "Everyone's worried about you."

"Gomen..," I apoligized.

He sighed and held my hand, "Who's going to take care of you when you move to Tokyo?"

If he asked this back then, I would have answered Ran. Actually, he wouldn't even ask that question, he knew Ran would take care of me, but I guess he felt something was going on between us.

"I will be fine, also, Daisuke-nii will be there too," I assured him.

"You know he can be a little irresponsible sometimes," he joked.

I giggled and then there was a knock on the door. It opened slowly and Mrs. Takahashi came in with a bowl of miso soup on her hand. "She's up, that's great. How are you feeling, darling?" she asked, feeling my forehead.

"A little bit better," I replied.

"You gave us a fright," she said as she handed me the bowl of soup. "Your father over here was panicking, but per your brother, Kenzo, he said it's probably just a mild case of the flu."

I forgot that Kenzo is taking some medical courses. Probably diagnosed me and settled with a flu.

"I will be preparing dinner, if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me or text me, whatever you teenagers do nowadays, alright? I'll let my kids know that you're feeling a little better"

I nodded.

"I'll be downstairs, Aya, your brothers will be available as well in case you need anything, ok?"