Something Old

By Winchestories

Someone from Sams past comes back into his life, is it innocent or sinister? Only time and Dean can tell More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (A little smutty)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (This one has a smut part so beware)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (Tear jerker)
Chapter 16 The Finale

Chapter 17 (Really really the finale)

292 4 5
By Winchestories

Ok so I know the last was suppose to be the finale but I've had a few request for the story not to end yet so I wrote this final final chapter. I love you guys for wanting more!!!

"Dean?" "What?." "You hungry?" "No Sam." "You gotta eat." "I said no Sam!" "Ok, it's ready if you want it." It's been a month since I died, Dean was a complete mess more than usual because my death came at his hands. I know he wasn't trying to kill me but the guilt to him is the same. The mark was still on his arm and it fed on his anger. Dean came out of the room and grabbed the whiskey bottle and went back to the room. "Sam." "Hey Cas." "How is he?" "I've never seen him like this, I'm worried." "I know. Should I go talk to him?" "You can try." Cas nods and walks down the hall. He doesn't knock he opens the door, "What the hell Cas?!!" "Hello Dean." "I didn't say you could come in!" "I didn't knock." "What do you want?" "I want to tell you it will get better." "Screw you! You have no idea what I'm feeling!" "I was human once..." Dean pushes Cas up against the wall, "I don't give a shit! Did you kill the love of your life!! Then don't you dare tell me you know how i feel!!" "You're right Dean. I never killed my wife but I've felt pain." "Never. Never like this! Now get the hell out of here!" Cas leaves, "Any luck?" "No Sam. He is in trouble." Cas fluttered away. Dean finished the bottle of whiskey and walked over to the closet, he pulled out my favorite t-shirt, the one I slept in every night. He held it close to him and fell to the floor, he sobbed, "I miss you. Everyday is a day I don't want to be here without you. I can't say how sorry I am. All I want is for you to come back to me." He held my shirt for hours lying on the floor crying until he passed out. Sam came to his room in the morning to check on him, he opens the door slightly to see his brother curled up in a ball cradling my shirt. The brother he's known to be strong, brave and sacrificing was suddenly gone.

Sam was in the kitchen when Dean came out. "Hey I uh got a case." "Good for you." "I could use your help." He walks past his brother and he grabs a beer and heads back to the room, Sam steps in his way. "Move." Dean grumbles. "No Dean." "Sam." "Look I know you are hurting but she..." He looks his brother in the eye, "Don't say it." "Dean she wouldn't want this for you! She told you to live your life!" Dean pushes Sam onto the ground, "I have no life without her!" He steps over Sam and goes to his room. All Dean wanted to do was shut the world out. When he was a demon it was easy he felt nothing, there were times he even thought about returning to that way of life. Sam went outside to get air, "Moose." "Crowley!" "I came to see how ya know." "None of this would have even happened if it wasn't for you!" "Oh come now, I know he was my mate but I didn't turn him into a demon." "No but you knew what the mark would do!" "If Dean didn't have the mark then he would be dead, so I did him a favor." "A favor? A favor? Look what your "Favor" got him!" "That bad?" "Crowley just leave!" "Whatever you may think of me I never intended for this to happen." Over the next weeks Sam worked cases and Dean stayed at the bunker, he didn't know how to live with himself so he drank to cope.

"Hey Jody. He's uh I can't explain. He might like that. Ok." "We out of beer?" "Yeah I guess so." Dean walks past Sam and leaves. Dean comes back with beer and 2 bottles of whiskey. "Dean you can't drink yourself numb." "Watch me." He goes to his room. "Hey sheriff." "Hey Sam." "Wow look how big she has gotten." "Yeah she's a monster but the sweetest dog. Where is he?" "In his room. The only time he comes out is when he's out of booze." She puts her hand on Sams arm. "Dean? It's Jody Mills." Dean opens the door, "Look Jody I uh...." He is stopped by the sight of the dog. The dog jumps on him and licks him, "Hey girl." He says somberly, "Thought she might perk you up a little." He stops petting her, "Well it was a bad idea." He slams the door. "Ok then." "How did it go?" "Sam he's not good, if you don't find something to get him out of this he's going to drink himself to death." "I don't know what to do." She kisses his cheek, "Take care Sam." "Dean open the damn door!!" "Go away Sam!" "No not til you come out!" Dean gets up and opens the door, "You sure you wanna do this?" "You can scream at me, hit me do what you gotta do but damn it do something!!" He rolls his eyes and tries to shut the door but Sam puts his hand up, "Let go Sam." "No! Dean I know Nikki was the love of your life but she would want you to..." "Sam I'm this close to knocking you out." "Go ahead, either way I'm gonna say this. You have to let this guilt go, you didn't mean to hurt her. She died because she saved me not because you killed her! Now start living your damn life the way she wanted you too!" "You done?" Sam nods, Dean puts his head down and punches Sam knocking him out cold.

The next day Sam was reading with a big bruise on his face, "Sam." "Jeez Cas you scared me." "Sorry. What happen to your face?" "Dean." "Oh. Speaking of Dean where is he?" "Where else." Cas walked to the room, "Dean it's Castiel." "Go away!" He just enters the room, "Or come in!" Dean says while shaking his head. "I know you aren't working cases but I thought you should know I found Cain." Dean turns towards Cas, "And?!" "He's killing people." "Take Sam." "You are the only one who can defeat him." "You mean you want me to hold the blade??!!! I can't go back to that place!!! She would be here if I..." "I know this is difficult.." "That doesn't even come close to covering it!" "I wasn't covering anything." "Just forget it and go." "I will but I thought he might know how to help you with the mark." "Wait." Cas turns to Dean, "I'll go but only to kill that son of a bitch then I'm done do you hear me?!" "Yes." Cas leaves and tells Sam about the plan, Dean says nothing and walks out the door. "Glad you came out." "Just because I'm here doesn't mean I'm here." "Fair enough." The guys and Cas follow Cain to a farm, after contacting Crowley for the blade. "Well well I knew this day would come." "I can't let you keep killing people." "You think you can stop me? Tell me Dean how did it feel killing your love, having her blood run down your hands?" Cain smirks and Deans blood starts to boil. "You shut your mouth!" "I warned you what would happen but you took the mark anyway." "I said shut the hell up!" "What was her name oh yes beautiful Nikki, she was a remarkable." Dean charges at Cain but Cain moves and hits Dean, a battle ensues. Cain has Dean on the floor, "You're not strong enough Dean! You lost something when you lost her." Dean gets angry knocks Cain back picks up the blade and kills him. "You ok?" Dean says nothing he hands the blade to Cas, "We had a deal!" Crowley shouts, "Well I just broke it." On the ride back to the bunker Dean didn't say one word. They got out and Dean walked around the back of the bunker. "Cas what happen, I mean why does he still have the mark?" "I don't know Sam, at least he held the blade and didn't lose it." "Ok?" "That means maybe there is a way to control it." "I guess its something." "Does he go back there often?" "No. Actually he hasn't been back there since..." "I better go Sam, if you need anything call." "Thanks Cas."

Behind the bunker was some dirt with no grass and a small white cross with the letters N.W on it. He bent down and put a single white rose down, "I did somethin pretty big tonight Nic, i think you would be proud of me, I learned how to control my anger. I know it's too late because you're gone but I did it for you, I was so angry when I held that blade again but I thought of you and it all went away. I am sorry I couldn't figure that out when you were here. I need to say goodbye and to let you go. I will always love you, you will always have my heart. I'm sorry for what I did to you and I will take that feeling to my grave but it's time for me to get back out there and start saving people. I love you and I will see you again one day." Dean slowly walks back into the bunker. "You ok?" "Not really Sam and if I'm being honest I don't think I ever will be but you were right she would want me to live." "Yeah she would." "I'm not sayin its gonna be easy but I gotta get out there again." "I'm here if you need to talk." "Thanks but I said all I needed too. Hey Sam." "Yeah?" "Sorry for...well everything." "You don't need to apologize, I know what you were going through was hell." "No actually hell wasn't this bad. I got to call some people and apologize, you wanna go grab some food when I'm done?" "Uh yeah." Dean walked down the hall to his room, he called Jody and Cas. He goes to the little box in his drawer and pulls my ring out he takes both of our rings and puts them on a chain, he puts the chain on and exhales deeply. After a few weeks things slowly got better, the guys worked cases and saved people. "Man I don't know about you but im beat!" "Do you wanna get a room?" "It's only a few more hours to the bunker I'd rather tough it out." They got back and were like walking zombies, "Cya in the morning Sam." "Night." Dean goes to his room and opens the door, he sees something he cant believe so he rubs his eyes and it's still there, "Am I dreaming right now?" I stand up, "No." He cautiously steps back, "So are you a ghost?" "No." "I'm lost." "I'm back." "No see cause we don't get things we want. We don't get a happy ending." "Dean I'm back, it's really me." "No that's not possible. Demon." "No. I'm not a demon." "Uh this can't be." I walk over to him and take his hand, "I'm real! See! You know what fine." I go to the closet and get out holy water, the demon blade, silver everything I can think of, "Look!" I cut myself, I drink the water. "Nic?" "Yes baby it's me." He grabs me and holds me so tight, his eyes well up, "How?" "Cas." "What?!" "I don't know." "Cas! Get down here!!" "Hello Dean." He says with a smile, "Did you do this?" "Well not alone but yes." "How?" "I tried to bring her back sooner but it took some convincing that's why it's taken this long." He grabs Cas and hugs him, "Not that I'm not happy to be back but why?" "All of the good the Winchesters have done for the world and all the things they've lost, he deserved it, you deserved it." I hug him, "I can't thank you enough!" "You are a good person so you needed to be back on earth and I couldn't stand seeing Dean like he was any more." I looked at him and he looked down. "You two need some time." With that he was gone. "Pretty bad?" He just hugged me and kissed me all over, "This better not be a dream!" "I'm here." "Wait." He takes off and he goes outside, he sees the cross almost knocked over and the dirt has been dug up, "It's real?" "Yes baby it's real!" "Sam!" "What about him?" He grabs my hand. "Sam!!!!! Wake up!!!" He comes to the door with his eyes half open and his hair a mess, "What?!" I come into view, he looks at me and then at Dean, "Wha..." "She's back! Cas brought her back!" "She's real? Like human?" "Yes." He grabs me and hugs me, "Sam I can't breath." "Sorry, don't ever leave again I can't stand to see my brother like that!" "I don't plan too."

We went to the kitchen and Sam made tea, we sat around the table, Dean had his hand on my knee the entire time. "What do you remember?" "Sam!!" "What? Sorry I just.." "Babe it's ok." "You don't have to talk about it." "I'm fine. The last thing I remember is feeling a crazy pain in my back, then seeing those beautiful greens eyes again." I looked at him and touched his face, "After seeing Deans eyes I remember a feeling of calm. If that make sense. Then the next thing I was standing behind the bunker. I came in and you guys weren't here so I took a shower and waited." "Wow, that's incredible." "Really?" "I mean not that you died but that..." "I get it, can we catch up tomorrow I really could use some time with Dean." "Yeah sure, I'll grab my head phones." He laughs, "Sam!" We get up and Sam hugs me, "I'm really happy you're back. We missed you!" He kisses my head and walks away. "You are probably tired huh?" "Dean I've been asleep for 5 months I think I'm rested." He smirks, "Oh yeah." He takes my hand, "It feels good to hold your hand again, I never thought..." "Hey let's not do that tonight ok. I just want to be in your arms again." He nods and leads me to our room, he pulls out my shirt, "I thought you might want this." "You kept this?" "I kept everything." I took my shirt and started to take my pants off he turns around, "What are you doing?" "Being a gentleman." "Since when?" "Hey!" I laugh, "Oh that is the best sound." He says under his breath but I could hear it. "You know if Cas hadn't been by my grave I was ready to come in here and strangle you for making a deal!" "Oh." "Dean?" "I'm not gonna lie Nic I tried but Crowley had a no deal with Dean alert put out." "Dean Winchester!!!" "Get mad at me all you want Nic, I wasn't gonna live my life without you." "Next time I see Crowley remind me to thank him!" "Huh yeah." "Hey, I know you hate Crowley and so do I but if it wasn't for this mark you would be dead, so I'm gonna cut him some slack." "You can do whatever you want, you ready for bed?" "Well....I'm not tired so can you think of anything we can do..." He pulls me close to him, "I can think of a million things I want to do." "What are you waiting for Mr. Winchester?" "Not a damn thing Mrs. Winchester." To have his lips on mine was the greatest feeling in the world, he was so gentle with me, I wish I could spend the rest of my life in bed with him.

"Do you wanna talk about how you were feeling when I was gone?" He exhales, "I was gone. I mean I cared about nothing, I was lost, I drank myself to sleep every night i snapped at people hell I even knocked Sam out." "I hope all those feelings were based on loss not on guilt." "I hated myself for what I did." I sit up with the blanket covering my front, "Hey listen, you for one were a demon and for two I jumped in front of an ax I mean who does that?!" "Only the most amazing selfless person I've ever met." "So no more of that guilt shit!!! This is our second chance so I want nothing but happiness and to live everyday like its our last." "I want that dream." I cock my head, "What?" "When I was holding you in my arms after I..you told me about a dream you had with our kids." "Oh yeah, I guess I just put it out of my mind because..." He stops me, "No. No more putting our life on hold." "What are you saying?" "I'm saying I'm ready, I mean if you are?" "How is this gonna work? I mean we still have demons to deal with?" "This place is like a safe place, and I don't care if the devil comes back I am never again going to do anything that would put you or our kids in danger." I trace his arm, "What about this?" "I can control it now." "How?" "I killed Cain, because he was killing innocent people not because the mark made me and after I did it I felt no anger or rage, hell I handed the blade back to Cas without hesitation." "What changed?" "You. I thought of you and what you meant to me and being angry wasn't important any more." "What about Metatron?" "Oh he'll get his you can bet on that but it won't be at the cost of us." "Do you really think..." "It's not going to be easy Nic, I know that but I'm tired of living life as an what if, so I'm all in ready for this." "Ok then, let's do it!" He grabs my face and kisses me. The next day the boys caught a case, "You comin?" "No Sam I think I'm gonna hang up my hunting boots." I look over at Dean and smile, "Am I missing something?" "No I've just got to get use to staying home." "Ok?" Dean smirks and they get ready to go, "Be careful." "Always." I kissed him, "I love you." "I love you back."

"Glad to see you got your precious back." "What are you doing here Crowley?!" "Just wanted to come by and give my congrats on the whole Mrs. coming back to life thing." "You know after we get rid of Metatron we're coming for you!" "Heard it before. Oh and boys I'm done being your bitch so get ready cause I'm bringing the hell!" Dean and Sam look at each other, "What was he talking about?" "I don't know and Sam I really don't care. Let's take care of this case and get back home." "So what is the deal with her not hunting any more?" "I've wasted so much time on being angry and feeling guilt I'm done with all that we're ready to have a family." "I'm happy for you man, you guys deserve it." "Thanks oh and Sam the next couple months you might want to invest in ear plugs and head phones." Dean smirks and Sam rolls his eyes. Over the next months the guys worked cases, ghost, vampires, shifters and of course Crowley. I went on a few cases when they needed a female perspective. Metatron was always in the back of Deans mind and one day it will be time for him to be taken care of but for now Cas has us convinced he was not getting out of heavens jail. "Do you feel like Chinese?" "Yeah that sounds pretty good and actually I was craving it..." Deans eyes perk up, "Craving??" "Stop. I can have cravings doesn't mean I'm pregnant." He wraps his arms around my waist, "I know I'm just excited to start this." I kissed him, "It will happen when it's suppose too." "I know. I will go get some food." I kissed his nose, "You're the best." About half hour later Dean came back, "Ok we got orange chicken, sweet and sour pork, steamed rice, egg rolls and of course fortune cookies." "Could you be any more perfect?" "Probably not." He laughs, "Oh I picked this up too." In his hand was a box that terrified me, "Um?" "I know you said not too but the not knowing is killing me." "Ok I will take it after we eat." He gives me the pouty lip, "Fine!!! I'll do it now." I take the box and go to the bathroom, I took this little stick out and a flash of déjà vu come over me, I remembered the last time I was here and it broke my heart. "Ok here goes everything." I sat down and did what I had too, I set it down on the sink washed my hands and opened the door, "Jesus Dean!" "What?" "You could give me a little privacy while I was..." "Ok I'm sorry." I walked past him, "Hey where are you going?" "I'm hungry, you wait if you want." He grabs my arm, "You ok?" "Yeah, just a lot of different feelings after ya know." He takes my face in his hands, "Nothing like that will ever happen again, I promise you." I wanted to believe him but it was hard. I smiled and went to the kitchen. He sat on the toilet waiting for this little stick to possibly change our lives. As I took the little Chinese food boxes out I had so many thoughts flooding my mind, "Nic." I turned around and he had the test in his hand, he walks over and hands it to me, with the words "Pregnant" displayed across the screen. "It says pregnant." He got the biggest smile on his face, "I I can't believe it." He picks me up and spins me around. "I love you so much baby and this time will be different, I promise you I will always be here to protect you." "I know." He kisses me, "Sammy!!!!" He goes running down the hall. I stood there holding that test in my hand, I couldn't stop staring at it. This time will be different. This will be our happy ending.

As the months past Dean hunted less and less, if he knew he was going to be gone for a while he would always have Cas come stay with me. The mark was still visible but it's like it wasn't even there. Sam started dating this girl and she is nice and Sam seems happy. "Dean?" "Yeah babe?" "Hey I'm gonna run to the store..." "I'll go." "Baby I'm pregnant not dead." "No I know but I..." "No buts I will be fine." "Ok but be safe." I smiled and grabbed the keys, I went to the store and grabbed a few things, "Did you swallow a bowling ball?" When I heard his voice I put my arms over my tummy as to protect the baby. "What do you want?" "Well it seems your husband has been laying low and I can see why now." "And?" He walks towards me and I scoot back, "I'm not going to hurt you." "I've heard that before." "I told my guys not to hurt you last time I didn't mean.." "Look the only reason I'm even talking to you is because if it wasn't for you Dean would be dead, so I thank you for that but please don't come near me or my baby again." He actually looked like he cared for a split second, "Done." I got back to the bunker, "What's wrong?" He knew something right away, he grabbed the bags from my hands, "Crowley.." Before I finished he clenched his jaw, "It's ok he didn't hurt me just scared me." "I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch!!" "No I think he listened to me." "About?" "I told him to stay away from me and the baby." "Yeah I'm sure!" "Hey, I'm fine the baby is fine and something was different about him like he felt bad about the last time." "All that I care about is you and the baby. But no more going places alone." "Deal." "I want to show you something." "Ok?" He takes my hand and leads me to the room right next to ours, "So I've been working on this a little everyday." I raise an eyebrow at him, he opens the door, "Dean." My eyes fill with tears, "Those are happy tears right?" "Oh baby this is amazing I can't believe you did this." "Since we don't know if the baby's a boy or girl I figured white is good." "Dean it's perfect." I walked around the room looking at all the stuff he had ready, up on the wall in the corner was that little jersey he had made for the baby we lost, in a frame. "I thought we could have it as a reminder of what we lost and a way for us to move forward." "You've literally thought of everything, I was starting to stress about how this was gonna get done." "I told you I'd take care of everything." "Have I told you how much I love you lately?" "Not lately." I laughed.

I woke up in the middle of the night with sharp pains and cramps, "Dean." "Wha What's wrong?" "It's time." "What time is it?" He said half asleep, "No Dean it's the time, I'm in labor." He jumps up, "Oh shit!!! Um are you ok? Are you sure? Are you breathing." "Yes, yes and yes now can you get the bag." "Yeah. Wait where's the bag?" "Babe calm down ok, labor can take hours we have plenty of time my water hasn't even broke yet." He takes a deep breath. "Ok, bag got it." He helps me up and grabs the bag, "Sammy!!! Wake up!!! Let's go!! It's time!" Sam comes out of the room barely awake, "Oh that time!" "Stay here with her while I get the car seat in the car!" Dean runs up the stairs and outside. "You doing ok?" "Oh ya know having a baby!" "Yeah right um you need anything?" "Sam?" "Yeah?" We both look down and there is a puddle of water on the floor, "That can't be good." "No it's ok it just means my labors gonna progress quicker." Dean runs back in, "Oh shit!" I laughed "Yeah you said that already!" We go to the hospital and its is only 20 minutes and I'm pushing, "Ok now push down towards your bottom, ready, push push push." "You are doing so good baby!" "Aahhhhhhh!!!" "I see the head." "It's our baby's head!" I grab his shirt, "I love you but stop!!!" "Ok ok got it!" "Ok Nichole one more and the shoulders will be out on the count of three, 1,2,3" "uhhhhhhhh" "Ok keep going!!! One more big push! It's a boy!!!" "It's a boy! Baby we have a son!!" Dean cuts the cord and they wipe him off a bit and lay him on my chest, Dean kisses my head. "You are the strongest person I know." They take the baby away to do his vitals, "Go tell Sam." "I'm not leaving you." "Big baby! 10lbs 7oz and 22 inches long." "That's my boy!" I rolled my eyes, "How did you squeeze that out of there I'll never understand!!" "It wasn't easy! But it was worth it." "Here's your baby." She handed me this little chubby bundle wrapped up tightly, Sam came in about half hour later. "Hey." "Hi Sam." He walks over and hugs his brother, "You're a dad." "I know man." "I'm proud of you!" He kisses my head, "You wanna meet your nephew?" "Nephew? Wow. I'm not gonna break him am I?" I laughed, "No Sam." Dean picks him up, "Make sure you support his head." "Hey little guy. Have you thought of a name?" Dean looks at me, "I was thinking Montgomery." I started to cry, "You sure?" "Yes Montgomery Winchester." "Montgomery John Winchester." He smiled at me, "Sounds good to me." "I can't believe this is real." He looks at me, "You bet your ass it is, you better get use to it because this is our life forever." "I couldn't ask for anything more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 832 15
Dean Winchester comes back to Sam two months after becoming a demon. When Sam finds out, he goes on a hunt with Dean to find out what's going on, but...
104K 2.4K 34
Ranking #10 in DeanWinchester 10/3/2021 Ranking #1 in SPNFanFiction 1/25/2021 [COMPLETED VERSION-UNDER EDITING] (This fanfiction is based off season...
1K 80 8
You wake up in a hospital bed to find a handsome green eyed man waiting anxiously. There's just one little problem- you have no memory of your entire...
143K 3.9K 73
Dean's clock is ticking and with each passing moment, he is closer and closer to death. You, Sam and Dean try and find a way to save him from going t...