The Deep Blue βœ“

By bjorghalla

"This Princess doesn't bow" From a young age Isolde has always felt she did not belong in the world. Lost and... More

🌊 I 🌊
🌊 II 🌊
🌊 III 🌊
🌊 IV 🌊
🌊 V 🌊
🌊 VI 🌊
🌊 VII 🌊
🌊 VIII 🌊
🌊 IX 🌊
🌊 X 🌊
🌊 XI 🌊
🌊 XII 🌊
🌊 XIII 🌊
🌊 XIV 🌊
🌊 XV 🌊
🌊 XVI 🌊
🌊 XVII 🌊
🌊 XVIII 🌊
🌊 XIX 🌊
🌊 XX 🌊
🌊 XXI 🌊
🌊 XXII 🌊
🌊 XXIII 🌊
🌊 XXIV 🌊
🌊 XXV 🌊
🌊 XXVI🌊
🌊 XXVII 🌊
🌊 XXVIII 🌊
🌊 XXIX 🌊
🌊 XXX 🌊
🌊 XXXI 🌊
🌊 XXXII 🌊
🌊 XXXIII 🌊
🌊 XXXIV 🌊
🌊 XXXV 🌊
🌊 XXXVI 🌊
🌊 XXXVII 🌊
🌊 XXXVIII 🌊
🌊 XXXIX 🌊
🌊 XL 🌊
🌊 XLI 🌊
🌊 XLII 🌊
🌊 XLIII 🌊
🌊 XLIV 🌊
🌊 XLV 🌊
🌊 XLVI 🌊
🌊 XLVII 🌊
🌊 XLVIII 🌊
🌊 XLIX 🌊
🌊 L 🌊
🌊 LI 🌊
🌊 LII 🌊
🌊 LIII 🌊
🌊 LIV 🌊
🌊 LVI 🌊
🌊 LVII 🌊
🌊 LVIII 🌊
🌊 LVIX 🌊
🌊 LX 🌊
🌊 LXI 🌊
🌊 LXII 🌊
🌊 LXIII 🌊
🌊 LXIV 🌊
🌊 LXV 🌊
🌿 The Nature 🌿

🌊 LV 🌊

257 23 0
By bjorghalla

"Let the waves carry you where the light can not"

55|FAMILY IS FOREVER

The world is a place where too many magical beings live in, and within the human world the mortals know not of the creatures that live in the world. If they would know of the things that hide in the world, they would fight against all that they deem evil, and that battle would be lost by the mortals who have anything supernatural to protect them. All that they have are the weapons that they have created themselves. Yet, they fail to see in what kind of a world they truly do live in. With only the four elements to protect them.

The four brothers that keep the human world as well as every other world standing, and they keep anything from harming the humans. What none of them had realized is how their own sister would be the biggest threat the humans have ever faced. Their mortal lives never stood a change, and she nearly destroyed the human race. By the time that they banished her away into her prison, they were able to save them all just in time. When she was banished, her kingdom or rather the Queendom went into ruin. Now, it is a wasteland of nothing.

But, as Isolde asks the sandy ground of this land, towards a castle that she had spotted. It didn't appear to be a wasteland. It appeared to be a world that has gotten lost on the way. Her eyes, those pale green eyes, look around herself. As if she had to be wary of the things, and her body is prepared to fight anything that would come her way to harm her. And yet she has seen nothing of the sort that would want to harm her in any way. How long she had been there remains unknown to her.

The girl does not care how long she has been there, she will stay there for as long as it takes for the man that she loves with her whole heart to find her. Wherever she is, she knows he must be a part of it, and he will bring her back, and her memories as well. Isolde however will do what it takes to get herself out of this place, which she does not know which is just yet. When she does find out, she will do more harm to him than she had planned done before. There are colorful things that she will do to him.

None of those will end up with him without any sort of wound, either physical or emotionally, she will hurt him. And then she will sit on his throne and rule his kingdom while he heals. Even when she is ruling as the Queen, she will let him rule beside her as her King. She does love him, Isolde loves that man more than she can say or even express in words. The feelings within her are something that she doesn't understand, all that she knows within her heart is the love that she feels.

Of course, she does care about him, and she doesn't want him hurt. Only she can hurt him when he deserves it, and he does deserve it when he has sent her to a place that she does not even know. The darkness has never been her friend, if she were in the ocean and in the dark, she knows that she would always have been all right. She would have him by her side. Even if she were somewhere far away from him, in the ocean, the water is him. She feels him around her, and she knows that he would protect her from all harm.

Why does it still feel like she has been harmed, and he could not stop it? There is this feeling that makes no sense to this girl, a feeling that is loud within her chest. One that screams at her that she has been hurt, and the one that she knew would always protect her, was not there for her to protect her. She cannot explain any of it, and she would never be able to see it all clearly until she speaks to him and finally gets an explanation for all of it.

Making it towards that castle, she enters through the front gates, which show clear signs of life having been there at some point. Someone had been there. Isolde can't help but wonder where those that used to be there are now, where they could have gone. Something must have happened to this place. To the ones that lived there once. She cannot find any signs that there is life there now. Not even the slightest one. Thinking that it must have been a very long time that has passed since. This place is completely and utterly deserted.

The castle walls are black, the purest black. It makes the darkness inside of the castle even more noticeable. Still, as she walks the hallways, she sees this slightest bit of purple hiding within the black. As if it glows, so subtle and so little that it could barely be seen. Isolde can see that there is purple there. The first thing that she can actually see in color. She had thought that had been taken away from her, which would have made her mad. She does enjoy looking into his ocean eyes that have her compelled each time their eyes meet.

Still, she doesn't need her eyes to see the color, for she already knows how his eyes are. She has them in her memory where they will never leave. Not will she forget them. Not that she ever could. When it comes to that blonde King, she will never be able to forget anything. Even if she wanted to forget it, it would become impossible for her. Isolde loves him more than her heart can say. And she will continue to love him until the end of time. And even beyond that, she will love him still.

The hallways hold beauty, that the girl will not deny. There is beauty and there is magic around her. This is magic that she can't even fathom. That magic is almost connecting with her. Showing her that she is all right. That her own magic does not need to be wary of her surrounding. Unfortunately, she's unable to listen to that. For she cannot shake that feeling that she has to be on guard. For there might be something out there which is trying to find her, trying to hurt her and even trying to kill her and take her life away from her.

That she can tie directly to Poseidon, the man that she loves. Before she came to live with him, she was in danger, but that was because she was the daughter of a King, and she was a Princess. Now, she's the Queen of the ocean, and all the enemies of the ocean are now her enemies. The ones that the man that she loves has made over the long time he's been alive. Isolde doesn't really mind that much about it. She took the crown, knowing the risk and knowing the dangers that came with it. A crown without the weight is not a crown at all.

The hallways lead her towards the throne room. It's a lot smaller than what she is used to. The throne room has a single throne in the back. Some ripped flags that she would not be able to make out the kingdom from it. It isn't until something flashes in her eyes near the throne that she takes a better look. Taking a couple of steps there, she is able to see what is there. Narrowing her eyes at the single object, she truly wonders what had happened to this castle and this kingdom.

It had to have been grand a long time ago, for she can see that time and energy was put into the castle and the life that had to have been there. Sitting there on the throne, where the monarch is supposed to sit, is a crown. A crown that can only be for a Queen. The history of this kingdom does make her confused, and yet she wonders still what had happened. Slowly she picks the crown up. The silver crown with the amethyst stones that decorate it, is does hold a certain beauty to it.

The silver begins to burn her and the crown drops out of her hands as she gasps out from the slight pain. The sound of the silver metal hitting the stone ground, the clinging sound, echoes throughout the entire throne room and even the hallways. Having a sound like that all of a sudden startles her. As through all of this, the silence has been her friend, and it has been clinging to her body the entire time. Her heart pounds within her chest, beating faster than it had been before. She's not certain if out of fear or if something else.

Nothing else has happened for some seconds, and her eyes had found the entrance to the throne room. As if she were waiting for someone or something to come through there and attack her. The whole time, Isolde has been waiting and dreading that there is someone that is out there to kill her. When nothing happens for some seconds, and no one has appeared, she bends down and picks up the crown once more. Though, only to set it back down on the throne, for she does not wish for her hands to hurt once more.

They are already stinking with this slight pain. Slowly it is fading away, not as quickly as she would've liked, but she does not enjoy pain like that. Her pale green eyes look down at her hands, they are red. Only a little, and the red will soon leave. The crown had burned her. Leaving the girl with even more questions than she had before. Annoying her even more than it has already done before. If there is anything that annoys her, other than the man she loves, it is confusion and not knowing things that she should know about.

With a sigh, she turns around and heads to explore the rest of the castle, and do anything to find those answers that she's looking for. It's clear to her that the answers aren't going to come to her, but rather she will have to find them on her own. Isolde has never felt this way before, this all alone. And yet she has this feeling in the back of her mind, it whispers to her. Silently telling her that she's not alone, that there is someone there with her. The only problem is that she cannot see nor even find them.

Far away from Isolde, living in the same world, is that black sand. Still breathing and still alive. It is there and it is far away. Still, it comes closer to her with each passing second. With the only intention of killing the ocean Queen once and for all. She might have survived a blade to the stomach once, but she will not be able to survive it again. Within the darkness, that sand dominates all that it touches, and it will destroy all that it can find until it has the Queen's dead body within itself.

One step closer to ending the reign of the ocean. Even from far away, the one that created the dark sand still controls it. And it has its command. Kill the Queen and bring the ocean to its knees. While it cannot do the latter, it can however kill that girl. No one will know that she even died in this world, for they already believe that she is dead. The life had left her body, the life had gone somewhere else, and still she returned. For her destiny is not over just yet and the fight is still to be won.

Isolde finds another room, a bed chamber of some sort. Belonging to someone of high status. It is a strange thing that the things that she sees now are things that she does not recognize. As if this is older than she can process. It confuses her. With a sigh of sadness, she was about to walk out of the room when she comes across a painting or at least something on the wall. Walking towards the wall, in the darkness, she's able to make out figures drawn onto the wall itself. Acting as if it is a painting.

The figures she does not recognize. That is, until Isolde sees two men that she knows very well, or rather not very well, but at least she knows them. Poseidon is there and then Terra is there as well. Drawn in perfect details on the wall. Their attire is something that she does not know. As they do not wear anything on the chest, but remain bare. Three other people are in the drawing. Two other men which she does not know, and then a girl. Each one of them does not smile, they stare right ahead, but it is the girl that Isolde notices the most.

The girl blending within the darkness of the drawing, almost as if the artist had wanted to fade her out into the background, make it seem like that girl was not even there at all. A shadow or a ghost that none wanted to see, but it is there, and that girl can be seen. Not as clearly as the four men there. The girl has a grin on her face. The grin sending shivers down Isolde's spine, for there is something within it, something evil and something that she cannot describe even.

Her pale green eyes land on the crown that the girl wears and notice that it is identical to the one that had burned her hands not that long ago. There is no mistaking that crown for anything else. The girl that wears the crown must have owned this kingdom, and she must have ruled on that throne. The girl which is missing now, and the kingdom is left in ruins. "What happened here?" Isolde asks herself for what feels like the hundredth time during this single visit to this castle, which has her questioning so many things all at once.

The longer that the ocean Queen looks at the drawing, the more she can see clearly that this drawing is of Poseidon's family. His siblings. She has heard him speak about them, not much, but he has spoken about them. About his brothers. She cannot recall if he had ever mentioned his sister, but she can only suspect that the girl in that drawing is his sister. All of them are similar, and yet they are so different at the same time. Each one of them has a direct glowing color to their eyes that speaks more than they know, perhaps.

Poseidon's ocean eyes are clear, and it is the sign of the ocean. The girl's eyes are violet, and it makes Isolde think back to the purple that she has seen. Making her not question further whom this castle has belonged to, for the answer is right in front of her eyes now. Perhaps it always has been. After some time, Isolde is able to tear her eyes away from the drawing to look around the room she's in. The room is in ruins and the only room that has anything out of place. While everything else is untouched or at least barely untouched for there are some ripped pieces of flags here and there.

This room has its furniture in pieces all over the floor, the walls have holes in them. If anything was in this room, it's unrecognizable now, and Isolde would never be able to know what had once been there. Without the one that owned the room, there would be no telling. The more she looks around this castle, the more sadness she gets from it. The Queen realizes that it's everywhere around her. The sorrow. It's there, and it will not leave her alone.

It has followed her. She has done all she can to avoid it, for she cannot have more feelings within her. This place, this castle that has been left alone to decay with time, it holds so much sorrow. Only now is it starting to affect her. For Isolde, it takes everything within her to not burst into tears form not only the sorrow of this place and for what it once was, but also for her life and how she is now alone in the world. Lost somewhere and trying to find a way out. The anger inside her slowly turning into this uncontrollable sadness.

At some point, everyone breaks, and perhaps it is time for this young girl to break as well. For she has had to be strong her entire life. Her father had put pressure on her to be the perfect daughter. Isolde had never listened to them, she thought she wanted attention, but all she wanted was to please her parents. With the only way she knew how to get them to like her, she acted the way that she did. She played with people and did pranks to them, and she tricked them.

Showing her parents that she was smart enough to rule the kingdom. They need not wait for her brother to come of age to rule, but rather let her rule. Let her be the Queen of the kingdom and rule. Still, from a young age she never wanted to be Queen because she wanted to rule. She wanted to be Queen to show her parents and everyone else that underestimated her that she could do it, that she too could become someone of importance because she had earned the right and not because she was born into a royal family bloodline.

Now Isolde has a kingdom and all these subjects hat depend on her. The pressure has become too much for her to even handle, it becomes too much. The tear she can barely control. At some point she will have to break down, everyone has to. She's only human, after all. She might be a celestial being, but she is always going to be human in her heart, and she has humane emotions. In the hallway, she falls down to her knees as the tears start to roll down her face. A sob escapes her. Isolde finally lets go of all the feelings that have bottled up inside of her heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 367 61
Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges but you have be brave and never truly f...
4.1K 506 17
Gemma had a rough start in life but she eventually managed to make her life what she always dreamt of. From filling the gap between her grandparents...
279 0 34
A young woman struggles to be apart of something that time, gender and social class deny her. Will she succeeded? Or will she be forced to return to...
131K 11.7K 55
#47 in Fantasy ~ All Aeralie wants to do is touch the sky. Instead, all she can do is watch the land - watch and feed her fascinati...