Billionaire's Disastrous Kiss

By Selenabanford

When Hailey Evans, an aspirant employee of the marketing department in one of the most wealthiest companies i... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Epilogue

326K 17.6K 14K
By Selenabanford

~ I wouldn't have made it if I didn't have you holding my hand ~

8 years later

"Today we welcome to our show Hailey Kingston, the CEO of Globen Corporation which is the leading global marketing and advertising company providing the best talent, creativity and digital innovation"

The crowd sitting below the stage erupted into cheers and blinding camera lights flashed as cameramen took hundreds of photos. Sitting across the host in a red suit, I smiled and gave a small wave to the crowd.

"So Hailey" Chris, the talk show host said and I turned back to him. "Tell us a bit about Globen"

"Of course Chris but first of all thank you for inviting me. Well Globen is actually a creative transformation company that uses the power of creativity for our clients and communities. Under the four major disciplines such as advertising, customer service management, public relations and speciality service we as of today provide our integrated marketing services for over 2000 brands in more than 100 countries"

"Wow that is impressive!" Chris leaned forward in his seat. "Not two years ago you also expanded your business to real estate didn't you?"

"I did"

"And when we met back then-" A smirk curled in his lips. "You talked about a little dream of yours"

That made a small laugh escape my lips. I nodded. "Yes I did, but 8 years ago I wouldn't call it a little dream"

He smiled. "You said it has once been your dream to buy an apartment in the Prescott's. But just yesterday" He raised a finger up and grinned. "Just yesterday instead of one apartment you ended up buying the whole Prescott's!" 

The crowd broke into loud cheers and applauses and I chuckled, a shy blush creeping up my cheeks.

Chris leaned back in his seat and put a leg over the other. "So Hailey how does it feel to become the owner of not just one apartment but of all the apartment complexes in Prescott's?"

"Well...I can't say it's a dream come true because this is more than my dream. So I would say I achieved the impossible" I grinned and Chris chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Since I was in college I saved money for a Prescott apartment. Even half of my salary while I was working in the ATC was dedicated to that. So today I'm truly happy of what I've achieved so far. I've always been a one to dream quite big. Becoming a CEO was my biggest dream but I was too shy to even voice it out because I thought it would be embarrassing for someone like me to have such big dreams. But-" My mind wandered off to something a certain sweet asshole of mine said and my lips tugged up. "You have to dream big to go big"

"That is indeed very true Hailey. Only if you dream it will you achieve it. So tell us your big secret for all your success?"

"There is no secret" I slowly turned my head to the crowd, my eyes searching and then they finally landed on Ian who was sitting at a front row with our two sweet babies, 7 year old Adrian next to him and 5 year old Sophie on his lap. Ian beamed at me and my heart swelled with happiness.

I smiled back. "I just found the right person"

Chris followed my gaze and the corners of his mouth quirked up. "You mean your husband, Ian Kingston. He has been a great support to you?"

"Yes, a lot. At the start of my business it wasn't easy. There were many downfalls and I had several mental breakdowns due to it but Ian had always been there for me, helping me get through it. Whenever I feel discouraged he always encourages me and help me get back on my feet. His support means a lot to me and there are no words to express how grateful I am to him and everything he has done to me"

"There's a famous saying that behind every successful man there's always a woman. So it's the other way around for you?"

I smiled and glanced at Ian once more.  "No, we stand together, not before or behind"

A huge grin broke in Ian's face and cheers erupted from the crowd behind him. He whispered something in Sophie's ear and she nodded happily. Then they both made a heart shape with their hands and waved it at me. A laugh escaped my lips and I quickly covered my mouth. Stupid Kingston, correction, My stupid Kingston.

After the interview was over I got down down from the stage and walked over to my family. Ian stood up, lifting Sophie along with him, placing her on his hip.

"Mommy you were awesome!" Sophie clapped her hands and I chuckled. 

"Thank you sweetie" I pressed a kiss to her cheek and pulled back. An idea crossed my mind. I smirked and flipped my hair back, holding my chin high. "Babies, I'm the most prettiest, hottest and awesomest mommy in the world right?"

Ian let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head in dismay and Sophie nodded. "Hmm you are mommy"

"You don't know other mothers to say that" Adrian cut in.

I looked at him. "Hello rude boy"

Adrian huffed and looked away. My lips tugged up. I knelt down and gave a kiss to his cheek. When he still didn't look at me I tickled his stomach and he burst out laughing, wriggling in my arms. I grinned and gave another kiss to his cheek. "Mmm my sweet baby" I patted his back and stood up.

"Don't I get a kiss now?" Ian asked excitedly.

"I'll think about it"

His jaw fell and I giggled. "Come here" He grabbed my arm and pulled me to him, covering my mouth with his. I laughed softly and kissed him back, wrapping an arm around his torso. "You were amazing back there" He murmured as he slowly pulled back.

I beamed. "Thank you"

Ian gently stroked my chin with his thumb and stared at me, adoration glinting in his eyes.

I raised a brow. "What?"

"My wife is the best"

I chuckled. "My husband is also the best" I gave him a wink and the corners of his mouth quirked up. He leaned down and pecked my lips. I returned his peck and stepped back, grinning. "Alright then" I gave a clap. "I think we should go now. It's not nice to be late to the little rooftop party you all organised"

That pulled Ian out of his trance. "W-what? It-" He looked speechless. "It was supposed to be a surprise. How do you know about it?"

I smirked and threw Sophie a glance.  "Sophie told me"

Ian gasped and turned to Sophie but she quickly hid her face in his neck.

"Sophie, it was supposed to be a secret"

"But I have a big mouth" She complained.

That made Ian smile. "That is very true. Well it's alright. Mommy is anyways gonna know it. We should go now before it's late" He turned to Adrian and held out his hand.

"Baby come"

"Don't call me that" Adrian grumbled.

"But you are my baby" He clasped his small hand and looked at me, a smirk tugging in his lips. "Let's go. Your partners in crime are waiting"

...

I opened the door to the rooftop of our building and sounds of chatter, cries and giggles filled the open area. Even the low blowing wind of the night was not strong enough to muffle the sounds.

I stepped out and saw all of them Brian, Audrey, Lexi, Daniel and Alice gathered around the tables full of food with their children. On the railing hung gold and silver coloured ribbons and scattered on the floor were confetti and balloons of the same colours. A banner with the word congratulations hung behind on two poles lit with small white lights.  

Audrey and Brian were standing at one end of the table holding their youngest daughter, Amelia. They have two more daughters, five and four years old. The eldest, Lily was the calmest kid here. She was sitting on a chair, eating a pie while her sister Zoe was arguing with the two boys sitting next to her. Daniel and Lexi's kids. Daniel and Lexi fell in love over the time and had two boys together. They are four and three. Will and Cody respectively. And Cody was now crying asking his father to hit Zoe in the face.

At the other side of the table stood Alice with her adopted son Noah. Noah was the same age as Adrian and the two are best friends, almost inseparable. He was also chatter box and a funny kid. His constant chatter and silly jokes keeps Alice always laughing and feeling less lonely.

Alice always says that Noah is a gift sent from Nathan and I don't doubt that seeing how happy he makes her. He's truly a gift.

Noah glanced up and was the first to see us. He grinned and threw his hands up. "Her highness is here!" He shouted and I chuckled at the nickname he used for me.

Everyone's eyes turned to me and wide grins appeared in their faces. I approached them and both Lexi and Brian popped party poppers and more confetti burst out, falling all over me. I laughed and brushed my hair.

"Congratulations Hailey for buying the Prescott's. I always knew you could do it" Lexi said.

Brian snorted. "Please. You said she won't be able to buy even a toilet paper from the Prescott's"

I choked on my own spit as Lexi's jaw fell. She smacked Brian's shoulder. "I didn't say that. Why are you lying?"

"I'm not the one who's lying. You really said that"

"No I'm not"

"Yes you did"

"You talk like you were supportive of her"

"The topic here is you and toilet paper. Don't change the subject"

"Oh shut up"

They continued to bicker and I shook my head in dismay. These two never change.

I turned and saw Sophie sitting across the table chatting with Alice. Next to me Ian was standing with his arms folded, staring at Adrian and Noah who were giggling and playing a game in Alice's phone. A smile tugged in his lips as he watched them.

Ian adore their friendship, adore how they are always there for each other, watching each others back. Ian loves both of them and also do take great pleasure in spoiling them.

Noah noticed Ian watching them and he nudged Adrian in the elbow. "Look, your father is staring at us because we are so handsome than him"

I spluttered with laughter and Ian scoffed in disbelief.

"Oh really?" He bent down and lifted the boys up and place them both on chairs so that they were at least near to his shoulders.

Ian circled his arms around their waists and pulled them to him. He looked at both their faces and pursed his lips. "Mmm I think I have to agree. I'm feeling quite jealous of you two now"

Noah nodded. "Your jealousy is completely understandable uncle. I mean, look at baby. His eyes are more bluer than yours"

Adrian gasped at the nickname and Ian laughed.

"Not you too Noah!" Adrian groaned and turned to Ian. "Look what you did dad"

"What did I do?" Ian asked innocently.

"You call me baby"

"Not always"

"Yes but you still do. I'm 7 years old now"

"That doesn't stop you from being my baby" Ian teased.

Adrian frowned and Ian's lips tugged up. "You want me to stop calling you baby?"

"Yes" 

"Fine. I'll stop calling you baby if you give me a kiss" Ian tapped his cheek.

"No, It's so embarrassing"

Ian gaped. "How is it embarrassing? Fine then I'll give you a kiss" He gave a kiss to Adrian's cheek and Adrian tried to scowl but instead a shy smile curled in his lips, his cheeks turning pink.

Ian chuckled and patted his back. Then he turned to Noah, a playful glint on his eyes. "I still want to call someone baby. So shall I call you baby, Noah?" Ian wiggled his eyesbrows.

Noah's face twisted into horror. "Oh my god! No! Don't even dare to"

"Then what about pumpkin?"

"Eww no! Gosh, these adults are crazy. My mom already call me several cringy names and I don't need to add more to the list. Let's go Adrian. We have a wizard to kill"

Adrian nodded and they both jumped from the chairs, sprinting away. Ian chuckled.

"People!" Lexi tapped on her glass to grab our attention and we turned to her.

"Tonight I'd like to give a toast to Hailey for her success" I smiled and she gave me a wink. "Since the time she was working in ATC she had always been an aspirant employee with many big dreams. Brian and I had even laughed saying they are impossible but Hailey never gave up on them. She even went against her family's wishes with the hope that she'll achieve her dreams one day and now that day has come. So" She raised her glass and the others followed. I felt Ian wrap an arm around my waist and I blushed, leaning against him. "Cheers to Hailey for achieving all her dreams and great success"

We clinked our glasses and drank the champaign.

Soon everyone fell into chatter and Ian led me away from them, over to the railing of the rooftop. I leaned against it and observed the city below. The view of it from up here was astounding.

A low wind blew my hair and I felt Ian's eyes on me. I turned to him. "What?"

"You're beautiful"

That brought a small smile to my lips. I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around his torso.

Ian's hand reached out and he gently stroked my chin. "I'm so proud of you Hailey. So proud of everything you've achieved. Even thinking about it makes me so happy"

My heart swelled with happiness. "It's all thanks to you Ian"

He shook his head. "No Hailey it's you. You did all this. It's your hard work. I'm just your push at the start"

My brows furrowed and I placed my hand on his cheek. "Don't say that Ian. You're much more than that. I couldn't have gone this journey without you. You cried with me. You laughed with me. You stood me. You were always there for me. You made me who I am. Not just this rich woman but me. Just me. You made me found myself. You showed me where I belong. And it's" I trailed my hand down and placed it over his heart. "right here, with you and our children" Ian's eyes brimmed with tears and I found my own welling up. "You're a great husband and a father Ian. You're a blessing in my life" I slowly smiled up at him. "You're my man out of a fairytale"

A tear slid down his cheek and he leaned his forehead down on mine, closing his eyes. "You really know how to make me emotional, don't you sweetheart?"

I chuckled and wiped his tear. "You're very specialised in that area too"

He opened his eyes and smiled at me, a smile so beautiful that made my heart skip a beat. Eight years passed but our love for each other was new like it was the first day we fell. His eyes, his smile, his touch still makes butterflies erupt in my stomach, still makes my heart pound in my chest and I loved it.

Then I remembered something. "Oh wait" I pulled back and check the time on my watch. "Ah yes! About time"

"Time for what?" Ian raised a brow.

"You always give me surprises" A smirk curled in my lips. "So this one is from me"

Just then fireworks exploded in the sky and the children shouted in joy behind us. Ian's eyes widened as he watched thousands of colourful sparks burst and tumble like a glittering waterfall, dazzling the entire night sky.

He let out a soft laugh and turned to me. "Someone is already getting used to the billionaire lifestyle"

I smirked. "Learning from the best"

Ian chuckled and pulled me to his chest, circling his arm around me. He tucked a loose strand behind my ear and stared at me in adoration. "Thank you Hailey for giving me all the happiness in the world. You, our kids, this love, it's everything I could ever wish for" He smiled softly. "I love you Hailey"

I smiled back. "I love you too Ian"

Then he leaned down and pressed his lips on mine, capturing them in a passionate kiss. Our lips moulded together in perfect symphony, moving with a deep desire and fervour. I wrapped my arms around his neck and melted into his warm embrace, entwining our souls and our hearts.

They say find someone who is proud to have you, scared to lose you, fights for you, appreciates you, respects you, cares for you and I say, that is my husband.

                        THE END

Thank you everyone for reading my story. And for those who were with me all these months reading and waiting patiently till this story came to an end, I thank again because your votes, comments and immense support meant a lot to me. It encouraged me, gave me more ideas and made me very happy. You guys made this happen. You all are amazing. Love you a lot. ♥️

If you like, it would mean a lot to me if you can comment your thoughts about this story here :) ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 9.2K 31
(THE BILLIONAIRE'S SERIES BOOK ONE) VICTORIA CAMPBELL the ever forgiven heart of a maiden found herself toss into an arranged marriage to THE SMITH'S...
1.3M 46.4K 53
Highest ranking dated: 8-Feb-2019 No.1 in #billionaire, No.1 in #wife No.1 in #marriage No.1 in #hatelove (4-3-19) No.4 in #insecurities Sia : A gir...
6.6M 237K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...
29.1M 997K 55
|#1 in Romance.| 15-5-17 Amelia Primrose. Your typical, carefree and bubbly girl who has been making through thick and thin to provide her sister and...