Alma Peregrine One-shots

By Missperegrine_x

Miss Peregrine x Reader Miss Peregrine x Miss Cuckoo <33 More

Christmas Spirit
Somebody to you 2
You put your arms around me and I'm home
I've loved you for a thousand years
Always the fool with the slowest heart
Home

Somebody to you

2.4K 92 13
By Missperegrine_x

Based on the Tumblr ask:
What if the love interest asks Miss P if she loves/has loved someone and Miss P vaguely describes them, but the love interest just doesn’t get it?

Notes:
I know from other Fanfictions that Y/N is mostly brave and confident buuut since I’m projecting a bit, Y/N is more shy and clumsy here ;)

Important note for later so that no one misunderstands it: according to Ransom Riggs there are Ymbrynes that find out that they are Ymbrynes when they are already adults! Means they are adults but still Ymbrynes-in-training

Pairing: Miss PeregrineXReader
Word count: 1770 words
Warnings: none
----

“Isn’t it cold out here?”

You blinked slightly confused.

The voice had ripped you out of your dream world.

You tilted your head upwards to meet a warm pair of emerald green eyes in which you could get lost in.

It took you a moment to realize that Alma was waiting for an answer so you raised the book in your hand a little.

“I was reading and it seems like I forgot the time.”

Alma’s gaze dropped to the book in your hand, a slight smile playing on her lips and you couldn’t help the blush that crept up your neck when her eyes met yours again.

Some seconds later it finally hit you.

That’s not what she had asked you.

“And yes, I didn’t notice that it got cold…..and dark,” you added, scratching the back of your head.

It was true. You really hadn’t noticed it until she had pointed it out.

To be honest, you hadn’t read one word in your book for the past 20 minutes because your mind had been too involved in its own little story but of course, you couldn’t tell Alma that.

She hummed and sat down next to you.

“What are you reading?”

Your gaze dropped to the book in your lap.

“Oh, nothing too interesting. I uhm, borrowed this from your library,” you answered with a sheepish smile and turned the book in your hands so she could see the cover.

Alma nodded slowly and smiled.

“What a pity, I did think that it was interesting,” she replied.

You could feel your cheeks heating up as you began to stammer:

“That’s not what I meant, I mean-, of course, it’s interesting-, I just thought uhm-”

A quiet laugh interrupted you and when you turned your head to look at Alma, you saw the amusement in her eyes.

Great, you had embarrassed yourself again.

Why couldn’t you just act normal around her?

But then again it was all worth it if it meant to see her so happy and carefree.

You’d gladly make a fool out of yourself only to see her eyes light up again or her cheeks turning pink from trying to hold back her laughter.

You slowly tore your gaze away when you noticed that you were staring even though Alma didn’t seem to have noticed it.

There was a moment of silence between you two. Luckily silence was never awkward between the two of you and you were very thankful for that.

It was Alma who broke the silence again.

“Who’s your favorite?”

Your head shot up, eyes slightly widened with panic but also confusion.

“What?!”

She tilted her head and nodded to the book in your lap.

“Who’s your favorite?” she asked again.

The tension left your body as fast as it came and you relaxed a little bit.

“Ohh uhm, I actually like the side characters more. I’ve always felt more connected to them.”

“So you are not the person who loves going on adventures and travel the world while searching for the love of their life?” she asked in a mocking tone.

You grinned, shook your head. Not that you needed to search the world to find the love of your life when she was sitting beside you in this very moment. After a small break you asked:

“Are you?”

She shook her head as well.

“That isn’t a path that was made for me.”

“Well, of course you wouldn’t leave now but what if you were free to choose, without the responsibility that you have now? Would you want to change something and leave?”

Alma’s gaze met yours again and you were sure that you saw something glow in them for a second but you couldn’t quite read it.

Then she whispered:

“No.”

You didn’t really know why but her answer somehow calmed you down and you sighed softly.

It was finally becoming easier for you to hold this conversation without embarrassing yourself and you were finally starting to relax a little when suddenly a thought shot into your head.

What if her answer was “no” because she had already found someone?

You tried to push that thought back but your tongue was too fast and before you could think about it more and stop yourself you asked:

“Have you ever loved someone?”

Your eyes went wide when you realized that you had said that out loud and you began to panic.

“Pardon?”

“I- I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to- That was rude,” you began to stutter, her gaze burning on your skin.

Thank the birds that it was already dark outside because you were sure that you looked as red as a tomato right now. So much for not embarrassing yourself anymore.

You dropped your head in defeat and started to play with the pages of the book, praying that Alma wouldn’t hate you now.

Heavens, how could you have been so stupid?

Was it really that hard to have a normal conversation with her? Just one time?

You decided not to move and to your surprise, Alma didn’t stand up and leave you either.

She just looked up to the night sky and sighed slightly.

“Yes.”

The answer was barely a whisper so that you had nearly missed it, being so occupied with playing with the book pages out of anxiety. Slowly you lifted your head again, unsure if you were allowed to ask more or not. But curiosity won.

“Really?”

Alma’s eyes left the sky to wander to you again and she smiled slightly.

“Why so surprised?”

You blinked in confusion and shook your head lightly.

“I’m not sure. I suppose it’s because I’ve never noticed it.”

There it was again, the amusement twinkling in her eyes. But she chose to keep whatever she was thinking to herself and turned her attention back to the stars above you.

You finally closed the book and set it aside. Then you took a deep breath and looked at the woman beside you again.

“Do I know them?”

She raised an eyebrow and you could have sworn that you saw the corner of her lips twitch upwards just a little bit.

“Perhaps.”

You nodded slowly and started to think about who it could be. There weren’t many people visiting the loop but you also knew that Alma met other Peculiars and Ymbrynes at the Council so maybe it was someone from there?

“Okay, I need a little bit more than that.”

Her focus returned to you and she tilted her head again. There was something about this bird-like behavior that you thought was just utterly adorable but you pushed that thought away for later.

“Hmm we know each other for quite some time now and let’s see, she is very good with children even though she might not admit it herself, she has a good sense of humor, oh and she can be very chaotic and clumsy sometimes but never in a harsh way.”

She smiled at you and you could feel your heart become heavy. She must love that person a lot from how she talked about her.

You didn’t know the other Council people that well and everything that you did know about them, came from stories that Alma told you.

But you could easily imagine that one of the other younger Ymbrynes and Alma knew each other maybe since they were kids or maybe they met through the Council.

And of course, they were good with children because well, they were an Ymbryne.

Or maybe it was an Ymbryne-in-training? That would explain the side remark, that the person doesn’t believe herself that she’s good with children.

Yes, that must be it.

“And have you told her?”

You didn’t even know why you kept on asking and torturing yourself but somehow you couldn’t stop.

Alma narrowed her eyes and blinked slowly.

“I pretty much did-”

“Ohh nooo, but she didn’t get it?” you interrupted her.

Somehow that made you feel a little bit better even though that was probably inappropriate and mean.

Alma sighed and mumbled:

“Apparently not, no.”

“That sounds more like she’s stupid and not chaotic and clumsy,” you grinned.

She smirked and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear while replying:

“No, I think she’s just very chaotic and clumsy.”

“Then I should probably talk to her at one point,” you laughed lightly.

Alma only nodded softly and smiled at you. That was when you suddenly became aware of how close your faces were.

You were surrounded by a little cloud that smelled like perfume, pipe smoke, and something else that you couldn’t quite name. But the longer you thought about it, the more you thought that it smelled like home.

The moment got ruined by your mind that painfully reminded you of the conversation that you two just had.

She loved someone else and you had to accept that.

Anything as long as she was happy. Even when that meant that you had to repress your feelings and see her with someone else.

And so you pulled back and lowered your gaze down to the book on the floor just to miss the spark of sadness and disappointment in Alma’s eyes.

When you looked up again, Alma was already standing again and holding her hand out to you.

“Come on, we should get you inside. You’ve been sitting in the cold for way too long and we don’t want you to catch a cold.”

You nodded in agreement, grabbed her hand so she could pull you up and you went back inside together.

Your head kept replaying and overthinking everything that just happened and it kept you so distracted that you didn’t even notice that you had never let go of the warm hand that had helped you up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 2K 102
Requests are always open! Disclaimer: I do not own this amazing series, Ransom Riggs does! These are based off the books and movie. 3/24/22 #1 in Fi...
52.8K 756 56
"๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™ก๐™ž๐™š๐™จ" Finished: thank you all for your support! <3
4.8K 150 8
Alma Peregrine has been alone for the last 70 years and like anyone she feels lonely until she meets y/n but will the world keep these star-cross lov...
1.5K 109 13
Vampire Loreen x fem!reader