Staggered Lanes

By Baygirl_

Being a Pastor's Daughter ain't as hard as people say, but it ain't easy either. I don't have ridiculous curf... More

Introduction to Staggered Lanes
Name change
S.L (CHAPPIE 1)
S.L (Chappie 3)
S.L (Chappie 4)
S.L (Chappie 5)

S.L (Chappie 2)

51 3 0
By Baygirl_

When I came out the shower, my father was on my bed "so you met Romello?" he said so calm that it was confusing "yeah, we talked a bit, he taught me a song, he's really good on that guitar" I said casually "yes he is, he's a good person for you be around Brielle, show you the city, hopefully you'd you stay out of trouble if you're with him" uuh I wasn't sure if this was my dad talking or his tiredness but I had to end it "uh ok dad thanks, I need to change if you don't mind" he needs to give me some time to think cause I'm a bit confused "sure, good night Bri" I just smiled and nod at him as he exited my room, I could hear his footsteps descending .

As I lay on my bed awaiting sleep, I remembered what my dad's been saying. It's either he's trying to hook me up with Romello or he thinks that Romello could replace him as my dad. I don't know which but I'll rather option 1. Well I start school Monday and I have no friends here that go to State High. Well sleep better take me now because I have church in the morning. I started praying.

"God it's  you, you're the one I love, you're the one I need, you're the only one I see, ooh Lord it's you-o-ooo *vocalize*" I sang as the church applaud Romello and I. The choir was next so he stayed on the stage and the choir began 'My God is awesome'. If I haven't told you, this church is huge and I'll start choir practice Monday at 6pm but I might go earlier if Romello is there. He goes to NYU but his classes are scheduled for the mornings because he doesn't live on campus. He travels to Manhattan every other day for his major in music and dance,  Psychology, Geography, Adv. Chem as extra subjects. I on the other hand have 7 subjects 5 days a week.

When service was over, I had some questions for my dad, but I had to wait, I'd probably ask Romello sometime. Then this short, pretty girl came up to me. "hey I'm Angel" she said excited as she hugged me, I hugged to make it a little less awkward than it already is "I'm b" "I know who you are girl everyone knows Pastor Perez's daughter, besides, we use to play hide and seek when we were little but you clearly don't remember, but that kool" oh I do remember her now, I'm so ashamed of myself "no, I do remember you. MRS. Racheal's daughter, you've gotten even prettier, I'm jealous" she smiled and shifted only to reveal the presence of another girl standing behind her "well thanks, this is Saphire, she moved here 2 years ago, so don't know her "hey" Saphire smiled at me "hi, so yall go to state high" Angel then jumped "I was getting to that, yes we do, I'll pick you up at 7 then well go to Saphire's house and head to that place we call high school" she said with her voice hastened, Saphire then shot her a glare, like what was I missing here "why she call it that place" Saphire then answered "you'll see, those girls are whores and they hate the fact that we aren't blending into them" and Angel butted in "they call us church girls" honestly, I didn't have a problem with that, I was proud to be a child of God and nothing and no one could change that, besides, being called church girl is not ¼ of what Jesus went through. "we'll survive" then Angel shouted something out- of- timing "hottie coming our way" I turned and to see Romello walking to us "uuh Romello , girl please" "you like him, I see the way yall were up on the stage in church" said Saphire . "Hey :)Bribell:) "he said as we hugged "hey Romie" the girls smile at me as wide as the Brooklyn river, he then acknowledged their presence "hey girls" "hi" they said in unison, it was kind of weird "you mind if I steal Brielle from yall" he said with his smile that makes me melt, I guess it did the same to them and I was kind of uncomfortable with it too. "Sure but lemme get your digits first girl" Angel said. Me and the girls exchanged numbers and Romello took me to his house "does my dad know about this" I asked filled with fear "yes he does, you'll be staying here until your dad get's back, he has some business to do, I bought you some clothes for school, and yes there's no skirts or dresses in there, he'll call you tonight" I was pissed in a way, how could he just leave and drop me at Romello's house. He had some explaining to do, even though I knew I would enjoy this "your stuff is in the third room on the right, its yours." "Thanks Romello, so where's your mother" "she with him " "oh" I pressed my lips. He led me to his room and gestured me to sit on his bed. He sat beside me flipping through the channels "soo you know if a guy had asked for your cell number the way that girl asked you, you'd play them off" he said, making a point. "well you said it yourself, she's not a guy"  I said smiling at him for no reason. "well I guess" "can I ask you  personal question just out of curiosity" I said quickly and he nodded " do you have a girlfriend?" he took a while before he answered "let's just say the girls around here are different and I don't spend enough time on NYU's compound to find any there" he still didn't answer my question directly. "Lemme try again because you clearly heard question. Do you have girlfriend" he then caught my sarcasm an answered "no Brielle I don't have a girlfriend" "there we go, so English isn't so hard after all" I said taunting him. He threw the remote on the bean bag and lay down pulling me with him so I put my head on his chest and we went silent, but I wasn't awkward, it was perfect in my eyes.

I walked down the stairs after doing my morning routine to smell pancakes being made. Romello was in the kitchen humming as he found his way about the kitchen. "morning Romie"

"Morning :)Bribell:) , you hungry, made you pancakes"

"Thanks"

"No problem, it's my job"

Now that's my problem right there, he thinks he has to do everything for me. I am fully capable of cooking for myself, I don't need another person trynna be my dad.

"Romello, do you really think you are responsible for me, I'm 15, i can handle myself"

"Brielle you know I have to look out for you, you're my little girl"

"Look Romello I'm grateful for what you've done for me but I'm don't want to be your responsibility, I want to be more than the girl you care about, why can't you see that"

I'm sick of being everyone's responsibility. Dad acts like he has to take care of me, news flash, he doesn't. I have a mother, now Romello is trying to be my brother. Everyone is so concerned. Why?  Because I'm    (The Pastor's Daughter)

"I want to be the girl you like. I had a crush on you since I was little and I can't hide it any more, but you act like you have to protect me, like I'm your responsibility.

"Stop with that non-sense, I will have your father pick you up, and you'll come to choir when you're not talking like this.

"Whatever, I just thought you should know that I like you, and like I said ,I get what I want and I'll wait till you love me.

Romello and I had hardly had personal conversations after our little misunderstanding 3 days ago. We rehearsed and sang with the choir and kept our relationship strictly professional. My dad is back home and school is going good so far. Matter-of-fact, I'm heading there now

"Hey girls"

"hey Brielle" Angel and Saphire  replied at the same time

"sooo......" Saphire said impatiently

"What?"

"well Romello is totally hung up on you so what you waiting for"

"unfortunately he isn't, I mean I told him i like with him and he totally despises me, usually I'll go after what I want but, I guess if he likes another girl, I'll just live with it."

Angel then jumped in "girl you crazy, you a sexy ass chick, he'll want you all right, give it time"

Yeah, like that's gon happen any way, school was normal and at lunch my girls and I sat and ate our sandwiches and Saphire spilled her juice and was asking for mine

"please :)Bribell:) "

"hell no girl and only Romie calls me that"

"Sorry but , please, I'm really thirsty"

Angel "of course you are, but there're boys all over this school"

I finally gave in and handed her juice as I monitored how many she drank. Then these 2 girls just came our way with their bull

"hey church girls, heard you got a new member too the bible class" 

The other one snickered at her friend's comment

"ok let's get something straight, my name is Brielle and I don't have time for your noises so could you go back into your cage please" I said slightly irritated by her 'fakeness'

Angel and Saphire looked at me and smiled as the girls left our presence, it's only a mater of time before they confess God as their lord and Christ as their savior so I'll let them escapee my thoughts.

I then jumped up excitedly "girls so tomorrow is Friday and we have no choir practice so I have to stay by Romello"

Angel "ooh I bet you gonna put your hands on a block and expect it not to be hard"

"what, I'm confused, girl stop with those proverbial sayings"

Saphire "yeah girl, they're killing me slowly"

Angel "yeah anyways, see you guys tomorrow"

After school I headed home did my hygiene and went to Romello's house. We were in his room practicing until we decided to take a break.

Romello " hey uum, Brielle I'm sorry for the way I reacted 3 days ago"

Brielle "its ok, I should not have said what I said. U're older than me, I should have known you want someone to take care of."

Romello "I know but nothing is wrong with my age, if i just wanted someone to take care of, I'd have a kid. And for the record.. i

Brielle "ok my dad just texted me, he'll be out tonight

Romello "well you know you welcomed to stay with me

Brielle "yeah I know thanks ☺ 

______-----FROM NOW ON THE STORY WILL ONLY BE IN THE AUTHOR'S POINT OF VIEW-----------______

Romello "ok so let's continue tho

Brielle :yeah sure lets go 

After half hour of rehearsing, they freshened up nd went down stair for dinner, Brielle decided she'll make pancakes. Romello stared silently as she made her way gracefully across the kitchen finding what she need. She was not little Brielle anymore; to him, she was now the girl he's attracted to. Romello ":)Bribell:) you know you've grown so well." "Thank you, I can say the same about you." "Well I'm just saying, them boys might get unholy thoughts after taking a good look at you, do I need a gun?" Brielle lifted a brow at him "so what you gonna do, shoot yourself?" He then frowned "that's not funny Brielle, I don't really look at you that way."

______------------------------------------------------------______

Zamnnnn! that was cold bruh... I wonder how she'll respond to that tho.

Anyway guys all my update days for this story will be accurate until further notice.

I'll give a longer chapter next time.. 

Yall gon get an update on THURSDAY, MARCH 18TH.

Ialready have the chapter written so as soon as i get some love on this one, i 'll post the other.

VOTE.COMMENT

Follow me for more stories

Don't forget.. any questions about amyone of my stories, dm or get at me on twitter @me_spiffy_tho

Love all my fans !!! mwah!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...