S.L (Chappie 5)

Fate's victim of carelessness woke up to machines beeping, chatter all around and a blurred vision "Ahh, you're up!" Looking around Romello noticed his mother over him. "Sweetie are you okay? You still look tired. You should come see her tomorrow, she just woke up" He shook his head rapidly, he wanted to see her instantly. His mother moved, allowing him to see a fragile Brielle lying on the small bed with a cast on her left arm. She looked at him with a crooked smile but he grimaced as he remembered that this whole accident was his fault.

Romello got up from his chair and rushed to her side panicking. "Bri-bell I'm so sorry this happened to you. I didn't think we'd end up here, with you hurt so badly and all I have is a scratch on my arm" His eyes displayed raw sympathy and raw anger. The anger was not towards her, it was towards himself. He couldn't believe that he was stupid enough to tell her she's boring knowing that she'll try to prove him wrong. The accident was his wake up call to simply be there for her and not let any unnecessary emotions get in the way. If he had drew the line between them, no one would've been hurt.

Brielle shot him a disappointed glare. She knew he'd blame himself for this but it was all on her. It was her decision to run through the busy streets of New York almost midnight. She was not letting him take the blame or even try to distance his self form her. "It's not so bad is it? I'm alive Romie, come on...cheer up" His eyes studied her warily before he said anything. "Is this a joke to you? Your hand is broken!" 

Romello's mother then scolded him for raising his voice at Brielle. She did not raise an arrogant son, he knew how to speak like a civilised person. Her father's voice then boomed "Nicole! Let's just give them some space, we can go for food? If you like?" Nicole stepped away from her son and looked at Mr. Perez with an arched eyebrow. "Westly Perez. How do you shout at me then ask me out in the same sentence" Both Romello and Brielle looked at him awaiting his response. "Well, I-I never asked you out exactly.. well technically I did but..ummm. Is this really necessary or are you feeling dramatic today?" Nicole gave him a sly smile. "You always ask questions to which you know the answers. Let's go.

Romello sighed as their parents left. "It's weird being is the same room with both of them." Brielle smiled in agreement because she knew they always flirt shamelessly. It's like they don't even recognise it. "You know, I'm getting out of here tomorrow." She whispered as they both adjusted to the newfound dull atmosphere. "Yeah" His response was barely audible but she understood. She understood that he was going draw a line between them as soon as she's out of that hospital. It was obvious. 

Romello slowly bent down, his lips lingered over her forehead before he pressed them onto his warm skin. He then caressed her cheek with his thumb. " I have to leave but I'll come back before you leave. Okay?" She The corners of her mouth dropped as she answered. "Okay." 

As he left the hospital flashbacks of the accident stained his memories, leaving him in a bad head space. He sat in his car and stared at the hospital before he drove off. It was time he started doing the right thing or someone else would get hurt. God was simply teaching him a lesson and he didn't need to get another one to learn. That line, has been drawn.

~______________________________________________________

Literally I drew a line 😂😂. Alright so guys I took really long but it's here. I have Geography and Physical Education exams tomorrow so wish me luck. Pray for me.

My dedications are random. I dedicate my chapters to anyone who comments on the story. I don't get much comment so I feel like those who does it should be appreciated.

Byeee . Mwahh.

Jaxon reads. Reading is good. Be like Jaxon. Read.

 Read