S.L (Chappie 2)

When I came out the shower, my father was on my bed "so you met Romello?" he said so calm that it was confusing "yeah, we talked a bit, he taught me a song, he's really good on that guitar" I said casually "yes he is, he's a good person for you be around Brielle, show you the city, hopefully you'd you stay out of trouble if you're with him" uuh I wasn't sure if this was my dad talking or his tiredness but I had to end it "uh ok dad thanks, I need to change if you don't mind" he needs to give me some time to think cause I'm a bit confused "sure, good night Bri" I just smiled and nod at him as he exited my room, I could hear his footsteps descending .

As I lay on my bed awaiting sleep, I remembered what my dad's been saying. It's either he's trying to hook me up with Romello or he thinks that Romello could replace him as my dad. I don't know which but I'll rather option 1. Well I start school Monday and I have no friends here that go to State High. Well sleep better take me now because I have church in the morning. I started praying.

"God it's  you, you're the one I love, you're the one I need, you're the only one I see, ooh Lord it's you-o-ooo *vocalize*" I sang as the church applaud Romello and I. The choir was next so he stayed on the stage and the choir began 'My God is awesome'. If I haven't told you, this church is huge and I'll start choir practice Monday at 6pm but I might go earlier if Romello is there. He goes to NYU but his classes are scheduled for the mornings because he doesn't live on campus. He travels to Manhattan every other day for his major in music and dance,  Psychology, Geography, Adv. Chem as extra subjects. I on the other hand have 7 subjects 5 days a week.

When service was over, I had some questions for my dad, but I had to wait, I'd probably ask Romello sometime. Then this short, pretty girl came up to me. "hey I'm Angel" she said excited as she hugged me, I hugged to make it a little less awkward than it already is "I'm b" "I know who you are girl everyone knows Pastor Perez's daughter, besides, we use to play hide and seek when we were little but you clearly don't remember, but that kool" oh I do remember her now, I'm so ashamed of myself "no, I do remember you. MRS. Racheal's daughter, you've gotten even prettier, I'm jealous" she smiled and shifted only to reveal the presence of another girl standing behind her "well thanks, this is Saphire, she moved here 2 years ago, so don't know her "hey" Saphire smiled at me "hi, so yall go to state high" Angel then jumped "I was getting to that, yes we do, I'll pick you up at 7 then well go to Saphire's house and head to that place we call high school" she said with her voice hastened, Saphire then shot her a glare, like what was I missing here "why she call it that place" Saphire then answered "you'll see, those girls are whores and they hate the fact that we aren't blending into them" and Angel butted in "they call us church girls" honestly, I didn't have a problem with that, I was proud to be a child of God and nothing and no one could change that, besides, being called church girl is not ¼ of what Jesus went through. "we'll survive" then Angel shouted something out- of- timing "hottie coming our way" I turned and to see Romello walking to us "uuh Romello , girl please" "you like him, I see the way yall were up on the stage in church" said Saphire . "Hey :)Bribell:) "he said as we hugged "hey Romie" the girls smile at me as wide as the Brooklyn river, he then acknowledged their presence "hey girls" "hi" they said in unison, it was kind of weird "you mind if I steal Brielle from yall" he said with his smile that makes me melt, I guess it did the same to them and I was kind of uncomfortable with it too. "Sure but lemme get your digits first girl" Angel said. Me and the girls exchanged numbers and Romello took me to his house "does my dad know about this" I asked filled with fear "yes he does, you'll be staying here until your dad get's back, he has some business to do, I bought you some clothes for school, and yes there's no skirts or dresses in there, he'll call you tonight" I was pissed in a way, how could he just leave and drop me at Romello's house. He had some explaining to do, even though I knew I would enjoy this "your stuff is in the third room on the right, its yours." "Thanks Romello, so where's your mother" "she with him " "oh" I pressed my lips. He led me to his room and gestured me to sit on his bed. He sat beside me flipping through the channels "soo you know if a guy had asked for your cell number the way that girl asked you, you'd play them off" he said, making a point. "well you said it yourself, she's not a guy"  I said smiling at him for no reason. "well I guess" "can I ask you  personal question just out of curiosity" I said quickly and he nodded " do you have a girlfriend?" he took a while before he answered "let's just say the girls around here are different and I don't spend enough time on NYU's compound to find any there" he still didn't answer my question directly. "Lemme try again because you clearly heard question. Do you have girlfriend" he then caught my sarcasm an answered "no Brielle I don't have a girlfriend" "there we go, so English isn't so hard after all" I said taunting him. He threw the remote on the bean bag and lay down pulling me with him so I put my head on his chest and we went silent, but I wasn't awkward, it was perfect in my eyes.