A Knick In Time

By Christrose60

TVD / TO AU Consumed by his cravings for power, Niklaus Mikaelson slaughters anyone standing in his way. Ele... More

The Loss
Encounters
Dangerous Relations
The Devil's Face
A Moment of Hope
Hell on Earth
Kol
City of Monsters
The Spell
Ayana
Vinking Life
Samhain
The Midwife
A New Purpose
Northern Warriors
Werewolf Night
Paint from Berries
Frigg's Day
Winter's Woe
Burn the Ice
Reciprocation
Concerns
Future, Past and Present
Revelations
Ansel
Changes of Life
The Wedding

Getting in Trouble

359 12 3
By Christrose60

Elena's PoV

Med School is about to end for today. It's kind of funny. In High School, I used to find statistics boring, but now, the classroom with the lesson and everything makes me feel safe. Mainly because I know that the originals as well as their minions will stay away from my school and wait till it's over before they do something horrible again. One of the deals I made with Klaus.

The bell rings. I calmly pack up my stuff and meet Care and Bonnie outside. We leave the building and head towards the parking lot.

"Hey! Elena!" a voice behind me shouts. I turn around. It is Tyler.

"Hi." I greet him, slightly cautious though. Klaus had his witch reactivate the sire bond and told put an additional spell pn Tyler, making sure he would die if he dares to try and break it again.

He seems a bit uncomfortable. "How is Jeremy doing?"

"He's okay, I guess. I mean, as okay as can be. Safe, protected, with family, you know. I'm sorry about your Mom." Tyler genuinely cares about my brother and his well-being, I know that. He is probably glad I sent him away, even if he misses him. This way, Jeremy is no longer in the direct line of crossfire, which means Klaus is a lot less likely to command Tyler to kill his friend.

The young hybrid nods at my condolences. "Thanks. And, umm, sorry about your friend. Alaric. He was pretty cool. For a teacher anyway." his last words are a weak attempt to lighten things up.

"Has Mr Big Bad Wolf given you any awful tasks for today? Because if you're free, you're welcome to join us for a yoga session. If you don't mind Rebekah joining us too, that is." Caroline offers.

Now, Tyler looks even more uncomfortable. "Actually, he did tell me to do something. I, umm," he glances awkwardly at me.

I realize what is going on. "You're supposed to bring me to him so he can take my blood again." I say.

He gives me an apologetic look and nods. I am not really surprised. He does that every few months.

And I know it would cause us pain if I refused, so I simply nod back at him and head towards his car. "Let's go then. Bonnie, Care, I'll see you tomorrow. Knowing how this normally goes, I definitely won't be able to do any yoga with you today."

My two best friends shoot worried and angry glances my way as I take a seat in Tyler's car.

"I'm sorry about this." he mutters, silently but genuinely.

"It's okay. I'm glad it's you who's delivering me today. Last time, the hybrid just grabbed me and threw me into the trunk of his car." I assure him.

***

One hour later, I am slowly starting to feel dizzy. The cannula in my arm stings a bit. My blood flows steadily through a tube from my arm to a blood bag. It's the second for today. Knowing Klaus, there will be more after this one.

Klaus enters the room and shoots a glance towards me. "Well, looks like things are fine here. I'm meeting the town's new mayor about the art exhibition in the town hall next week. Keep an eye on my doppelgänger for me, would you, little wolf?! She has two more bloodbags to fill for me."

The last part of that was addressed to the brunette werewolf who walked in with him. She nods.

He opens the door, ready to leave, but looks back one more time. His signature smirk graces his features.

"I'll see you later, little wolf. And doppelgänger: be a good girl and keep bleeding."

And he is gone.

The young werewolf shoots me a glance then takes a seat on the couch and grabs a magazine. More time passes and eventually, the blood loss makes me lose conciousness.

***

When I open my eyes again, I see a familiar face hovering over me. He is calling my name and asking me if I'm awake.

"Damon?" I weakly address him.

He lets out a sigh. "Thank god, you're awake. Constantly getting sucked out seems to be unhealthy for humans." he comments.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"4 o'clock. I got you out of there when you were filling what Hayley said to be your third bloodbag. Apparently, you passed out when the second one was still filling." he answers and hands me a cup of something that smells like soup. "There you go. You need some rest now."

The meaning of his words dawns to me. "You took me away from there before Klaus said you could? Are you mad?"

He snarls. "No, Elena, I'm not mad, I'm worried! You're weaker after every time he drains the blood out of you! This can't go on and you know it!"

I do know what he means. The first time, I didn't even lose conciousness. And now, I lost it after less than two bloodbags. This is slowly destroying me. But that is not what's worrying me right now.

"Klaus will punish you for this! He might kill you!" I say, panicking slightly at the thought.

Damon waves it off. "He'd have to know it was me who did this first. Hayley's gonna tell him someone knocked her out from behind. She didn't see anything, Klaus doesn't know anything."

"And who else but you would possibly do this? Klaus is many things, but not dumb." I remind him.

"We'll deal with that when it comes to it." Damon lazily replies.

***

The time to deal with it comes sooner than Damon imagined it would. On the very next day, Stefan gets a text from Rebekah, saying that Klaus pressed the truth out of Hayley. The good news is, the brunette werewolf is getting away with a warning, but Klaus is coming after Damon now.

And again, I have to fear for the life of someone I love. Damon and I may not be together and probably never will be, since I see him more as a friend, but I still care about him. I tell him to come to my house. Klaus has never been invited in, so Damon will be safe there for now. But that won't be enough. We need to come up with a more permanent solution.

And it doesn't take me long to see who might be the only chance for that solution. Elijah. Klaus Mikaelson's elder brother and the only person he ever listens to. It has been a while since I last talked to him, but seemingly, now is the time to approach him again.

Rebekah gives me his number and I set up a meeting. And as expected, the noble Mikaelson is waiting for me in the park when I arrive. He changed his hair since I last saw him. His short, dark hair is now neatly combed into a style that compliments his sharp jawline and cheekbones. He sort of looks like James Bond, suit and everything. A tiny smile softens his face when I approach him.

"Elena." he greets me.

I give him a small smile. "Elijah. It's been a long time."

"That it has. However, I suspect you didn't want to meet me here just to catch up." he replies.

I shake my head no. "I need you to convince Klaus not to kill Damon."

He raises his eyebrows at my directness. I explain what he did and why he did it.

After I finish, Elijah gives me a small nod of understanding, his eyes observing me closely. "And what can you offer me in return? Surely you're aware I have little interest in the arrogant Salvatore's well-being."

I purse my lips. The fact that Elijah would ask for something in return has been on my mind before I came to meet him. Unfortunately, I could only think of one thing to offer him. I hope it'll be enough.

"Do you remember how Klaus send one of his hybrids to get me about ten months ago and she couldn't enter my house? It drove your brother crazy! At some point, he agreed to stay away from me and my friends whenever we're at med school, musoc school or whatever other school. So what kind of advantages do you think you could have if you were the only one in Klaus' circle who could enter my house?" I say, trying to make my offer look as good as possible.

He smirks. "I heard that kind of negotiating before. But, I will admit, it does sound tempting. Alright, you got yourself a deal."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 79.7K 36
โWhen everyone knows you're a monster, you needn't waste time doing every monstrous thing.โž In which Eleanor Fraser has her life turned for the b...
179K 7K 13
In which Rebekah Mikaelson is sent back in time to save her family as her dying wish. Rebekah Mikaelson was dying. She was alone and dying. The only...
166K 3.7K 79
[๐–ฎ๐–ญ ๐–ฆ๐–ฎ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ] โ ๐–บ๐—…๐—๐–บ๐—’๐—Œ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‹? โž โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐–ผ๐— ๐– ๐—…๐—…๐—‚๐—Œ๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐–ฅ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–ป๐–พ๐—Œ ๐—‰๐–บ๐—’๐—Œ ๐–บ ๐—‰๐—‹๐—‚๐–ผ๐–พ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ฟ๐—‚...
3.6K 87 7
"..you deserve them brother." All that Elijah wanted was for his brother to realize what family and loyalty really means. He kept going on with his...